The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

It somehow makes me sad, that now we have a scene where Sheldon is actually hugging Penny in Valentines day episode and in a Christmas episode, but we don't have one where he would be hugging Amy. I know everything we have been discussing earlier about Sheldon's problems with physical contact with Amy, but, it still feels just inconsistent, his ability to hug Penny and Will Wheaton "so easy", but it seems so hard for him to hug Amy (latest V-day episode). At least we saw him cuddle her twice in season 5. Instead season 6 we haven't seen a hug between them, in my opinion, because both times we have seen a hug it's been Amy cuddling Sheldon and Sheldon not hugging Amy back. That just is either inconsistency or writers conscious decision to keep it now that way, I'm not sure what to think. It has to became now more easy for Sheldon to touch and hug Amy or it will be kind of awkward and inconsistent for them to get closer if they suddenly started doing more intimate things. Sorry if I sound negative (I don't mean to) but this is just how I feel about now about their hugging, especially Sheldon's part. As Spook wrote on some post, it's not nice if there is long time of no physical contact between them and then they suddenly jump to sex, I hope it's not going to be like that. It would be nice if it would be a smooth path for them, growing amount of physical contact little by little between them, hand holding, hugs, kisses, touching, more touching, words and in-character love confessions, more romance confessions and romantic (but still in-character, no matter how quirky and awkward) gestures, etc., and which some happy day would lead to sex between them, I think that would be beautiful.

ITA. I know there's a lot of discussion about whether his reluctancy to hugging and being as smitten with her this season is to do with him realizing he has feelings of attraction to her and so he's not sure what to do with himself. If that's what's going to come out later on this season, or early next season, I'm totally fine with it. But if nothing along those lines is mentioned, I'd be very annoyed, because it's blatant inconsistency. If his problem is just with touching in general, not with touching someone he is attracted to, then the fact that he hugged Penny and Wheaton but won't hug Amy makes no sense.

In any case, I really really hope we will get to see that slow progress. Like I said I'd like to see the increase in physical intimacy happen on screen, whether it's actually shown or just mentioned in the dialogue, rather than have S6 finale - kiss, S7- finale - make out, S8 finale - sex. 

THANKS KOOPS FOR IT. 

Yeah does she said: his quirks makes you LOVE him more :icon_eek::icon_redface: ... o wow it's a big thing, and her face is so happy when she said it. :icon_redface:  

O God how I love them so much... :wub:

When she said it first time? I can't remember...

And koops how they changed it? What was her first line...before they changed it

The line in the report was that she mentions him reorganizing the cheese at the supermarket and then says "That's a desirable trait!". Much different.

Are we to take that as she's saying she literally loves him?

She also said in 6x03 "How can a woman spend 8 hours a day alone with this face and not fall in love with it". So she had pretty much admitted it before. But it's nice to hear it again.

• Like 1

i still dont think there will be an ILY this season. maybe thats just because of my delusions but ok

I don't know if there'll be one either, mostly because she's not going to say it before Sheldon. She knows he's at "flight risk" so she won't say the words first. The only scenario where she says it first that I can envision is if they have a big fight and she just blurts it out without thinking in frustration. But Sheldon might surprise us, who knows. I think the kiss is more likely than the ILY. 

• Like 1

It somehow makes me sad, that now we have a scene where Sheldon is actually hugging Penny in Valentines day episode and in a Christmas episode, but we don't have one where he would be hugging Amy. I know everything we have been discussing earlier about Sheldon's problems with physical contact with Amy, but, it still feels just inconsistent, his ability to hug Penny and Will Wheaton "so easy", but it seems so hard for him to hug Amy (latest V-day episode). At least we saw him cuddle her twice in season 5. Instead season 6 we haven't seen a hug between them, in my opinion, because both times we have seen a hug it's been Amy cuddling Sheldon and Sheldon not hugging Amy back. That just is either inconsistency or writers conscious decision to keep it now that way, I'm not sure what to think. It has to became now more easy for Sheldon to touch and hug Amy or it will be kind of awkward and inconsistent for them to get closer if they suddenly started doing more intimate things. Sorry if I sound negative (I don't mean to) but this is just how I feel about now about their hugging, especially Sheldon's part. As Spook wrote on some post, it's not nice if there is long time of no physical contact between them and then they suddenly jump to sex, I hope it's not going to be like that. It would be nice if it would be a smooth path for them, growing amount of physical contact little by little between them, hand holding, hugs, kisses, touching, more touching, words and in-character love confessions, more romance confessions and romantic (but still in-character, no matter how quirky and awkward) gestures, etc., and which some happy day would lead to sex between them, I think that would be beautiful.

I think that he has no problem with hugging Penny or Weaton, because they are not as important for him as Amy. He has strong feelings for her, and I say that he loves her and what feels is overwhelming him, he's afraid of what will going to be when he will hug her. I'm sure that he wants it, but he's afraid that she will wants more than a kiss, and that's what he's afraid most . And let's named his feelings. He loves her, and I'm sure that he must feel some arousal he isn't robot for God's sake... and in that episode when she was sick he helped her with bath so he must have seen her naked.

And I think that he was afraid of that feelings because he hasn't finished working on it, because he isn't experienced, he feels a little ashamed about it. He's afraid that when he will hug her, and when he will touch her, and kiss her, and she will want more, he will surrender to her, and she will see that he is not ideal as she think. We know that she loves him with all package, and I'm sure that he knows it to, but they need to meet in half way to talk, that all barriers were broken. They need to say it loud to each other what they already know: "I love you with everything you are, for me you are perfect, and I want you, I want to be with you close no matter what".

I have feeling that we are much closer to it that we can imagine. I know what you mean I want it to be in right order, I want it all from kisses, and hugs, and delicate as if by chance touches, romance and eye coitus to their sexy time :icon_redface::wub:

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 3

I agree. I don't think we'll get the ILY this season. I am so happy that Amy is saying basically that she loves him, if not directly to him yet. This season has been full of subtle progression - Amy mentioning the L word and Sheldon twice, Sheldon saying strongly to L and P how he is fond of Amy, him telling Amy how he cares for her well being, Sheldon's admission of working on his touch issues, of course the emergency contact showing that she is the most important person in his life which is pretty close to an ILY, even Sheldon's borrowed movie speech from the first episode of the season. Now, if Sheldon and Amy could say more of these things to each other and Sheldon could move forward to working on his touch issues with Amy, that would be great! If they kiss in the season finale, I hope it follows some other touching (hand holding, etc) in the two episodes leading up to it. 

Edited by shamylove
  • Like 3

I agree. I don't think we'll get the ILY this season. I am so happy that Amy is saying basically that she loves him, if not directly to him yet. This season has been full of subtle progression - Amy mentioning the L word and Sheldon twice, Sheldon saying strongly to L and P how he is fond of Amy, him telling Amy how he cares for her well being, Sheldon's admission of working on his touch issues, of course the emergency contact showing that she is the most important person in his life which is pretty close to an ILY, even Sheldon's borrowed movie speech from the first episode of the season. Now, if Sheldon and Amy could say more of these things to each other and Sheldon could move forward to working on his touch issues with Amy, that would be great! If they kiss in the season finale, I hope it follows some other touching (hand holding, etc) in the two episodes leading up to it. 

I thought of that Sheldon's borrowed movie speech. For me this is so the most romantic thing said by him so far. And that is big proof of love because he must have thought of it, and remind himself what it could be, and it was so fast. Just like that.

People saying poems to their S.O. to show their feelings to them , he said beautiful speach from Spiderman. Not because that line he was remembered,( he has eidetic memory and I'm sure that he remembers more lines from movies) but because, that is what he feels and it's so beautiful.

• Like 2

Oh gosh...you make me blush.   I am glad you enjoyed the chapters.   I hope to have more up this weekend.

You know that we love your fanfic. I say we because I'm sure that there's more than me, who love your story. You are excellent writer. There's everything we need in your story. From the moments of laugh, through the sad and very moving and emotional moments. From some  actions like from James Bond movie to those which keep us in suspence. From  feelings like friendship, admire someone to love and so hot and sexy time. But most of all there are our Shamy.

• Like 1

What comes to ILY question, I remember someone on the other forum speculated about Sheldon's possible working burn-out this season - I don't know if it is a likely or good/bad scenario to happen, but with it there could be interesting possibilities and changes to happen, how it would reflect to his and Amy's relationship and many other things. All that in show's style of course - not too serious or depressing, but it would somehow turn a new page in his life. He has had hard time with Kripke and progressing things this season, so it's not an impossible scenario. Sheldon loves homeostasis, so it would shake it a little. Anything that shakes that homeostasis properly enough, would maybe cause him to seek refuge from Amy etc. I don't know if it would be a place an "I love you" to happen, who knows.
Sheldon has said he loves his spot, his mother and mee-maw. I remember when Sheldon said to Howard, that he loves his mother but what he feels about for his spot (the couch cushion) is far more than that. So one might ask, which he loves more, Amy or his spot? I think at this point, his spot has lost its value a long time ago if compared to Amy.  :icon_wink:

• Like 3

Oh I was the big fan of the burn-out scenario. But I'm not sure they will do that. It's a shame because they always plant the seed for many possible interesting scenarios, especially career-wise (the end of the addiction study with Amy that we speculated about is another one), but they never build on it. As much as the Tenure Turbulence sounds funny I was hoping it'd be something more interesting than the guys fighting over tenure. To me it was very similar to the episode where Sheldon and Kripke compete over the vacated office. I wish they did more career-oriented story arcs, so far Howard is the only one who had one.

• Like 2

ITA. I know there's a lot of discussion about whether his reluctancy to hugging and being as smitten with her this season is to do with him realizing he has feelings of attraction to her and so he's not sure what to do with himself. If that's what's going to come out later on this season, or early next season, I'm totally fine with it. But if nothing along those lines is mentioned, I'd be very annoyed, because it's blatant inconsistency. If his problem is just with touching in general, not with touching someone he is attracted to, then the fact that he hugged Penny and Wheaton but won't hug Amy makes no sense.

In any case, I really really hope we will get to see that slow progress. Like I said I'd like to see the increase in physical intimacy happen on screen, whether it's actually shown or just mentioned in the dialogue, rather than have S6 finale - kiss, S7- finale - make out, S8 finale - sex. 

The line in the report was that she mentions him reorganizing the cheese at the supermarket and then says "That's a desirable trait!". Much different.

She also said in 6x03 "How can a woman spend 8 hours a day alone with this face and not fall in love with it". So she had pretty much admitted it before. But it's nice to hear it again.

Oh thanks koops.

That changed line is better and with L word :icon_redface: . And I'm glad that they did it.

I agree that they need to increase this with suitably intense. They need to show us Shamy feelings, their awakening desire, how their love  will bloom..

:icon_mrgreen: Like in the foreplay,. slowly at the beginning to stimulate appetite and then little faster, because appetite is growing, and the faster to" the end"..... :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Sorry I just couldn't resist :icon_redface: :icon_redface: :icon_lol:

• Like 2

What comes to ILY question, I remember someone on the other forum speculated about Sheldon's possible working burn-out this season - I don't know if it is a likely or good/bad scenario to happen, but with it there could be interesting possibilities and changes to happen, how it would reflect to his and Amy's relationship and many other things. All that in show's style of course - not too serious or depressing, but it would somehow turn a new page in his life. He has had hard time with Kripke and progressing things this season, so it's not an impossible scenario. Sheldon loves homeostasis, so it would shake it a little. Anything that shakes that homeostasis properly enough, would maybe cause him to seek refuge from Amy etc. I don't know if it would be a place an "I love you" to happen, who knows.

Sheldon has said he loves his spot, his mother and mee-maw. I remember when Sheldon said to Howard, that he loves his mother but what he feels about for his spot (the couch cushion) is far more than that. So one might ask, which he loves more, Amy or his spot? I think at this point, his spot has lost its value a long time ago if compared to Amy.  :icon_wink:

Oh I was the big fan of the burn-out scenario. But I'm not sure they will do that. It's a shame because they always plant the seed for many possible interesting scenarios, especially career-wise (the end of the addiction study with Amy that we speculated about is another one), but they never build on it. As much as the Tenure Turbulence sounds funny I was hoping it'd be something more interesting than the guys fighting over tenure. To me it was very similar to the episode where Sheldon and Kripke compete over the vacated office. I wish they did more career-oriented story arcs, so far Howard is the only one who had one.

I was into that to, because it could be something that will pull him out of his secure time frames out of his safe place and it could be something that force him to face the problems, maybe something about what he will have to strive. But while preserving the balance and a lot of funny moments.

Something, that makes  them closer to each other, that makes him even more realize that Amy is his promised land where he can seek shelter and thanks to that he can realize that he can't live without her and how impact on his life has Amy.

• Like 2

I'm going to watch Paleyfest at the movies up on Big screen with my friend.  We can't wait.  Just got home from SPN Convention and I got JP's autograph in the vendor room.  Next time I'll try to get Mayim's autograph. 

Because I was away I didn't get to see last weeks' episode til today, so I'm sure ya'll already discussed it plenty, but I got to say how cute it was that one Sheldon called up Amy and Bernadette for help with the young girls and called them "Brilliant!" but even better seeing Amy looking so pretty lying on Sheldon's couch with her feet in HIS SPOT!! and he didn't fuss at all.  I know she already kind of sat in it in V-day episode anyway and so that open the door for this one, but it just keeps getting better.  I wish he had kissed her but then they need to save that for even bigger moment.  Though its so obvious Amy is his princess.  Though perhaps next time she should try Princess Leia instead he might go for that one ;)

• Like 1

Does anyone know if there is another way to view Paleyfest after tomorrow? Like purchasing it on iTunes or something? I work like 4 nights a year and tomorrow happens to be one of them :(

Will any of you be taking notes? 0:-)

I  plan to try and take notes, but I don't want to miss anything said either.  My husband is going with me so between the two of us we will try and reconstruct everything. 

I don't know, but Amazon carried a previous year's Paley Fest that could be ordered.  I doubt it will be online for free though.

I will be at my local theater as well, so I'd be happy to take notes and report back. Between all of us I'm sure we can cover all the juicy moments. :D

Anyone know how the audience questions will work? I think I read that we can pose questions via Twitter?

I have a feeling they're going to keep their cards pretty close to their chests this close to the finale, though.

Anyone planning to ask a question?

I'll do my best to take notes too.  Sadly, I don't have an eidetic memory.

I'm psyched for this.  I haven't gone out to do anything fun in ages, and this semester has been a beast so it'll be like a mini-vacation.  :)

http://www.kveller.com/mayim-bialik/on-the-big-bang-theory-princess-scene-why-i-dont-like-princess-culture/

Just found this and thought it was interesting so I'm sharing it here. :)

Reading Mayim's blog makes me want to be her friend; she is so insightful, but also real, self-deprecating and down-to-earth.

Edited by Retroluv
  • Like 1

I don't really know how they are going to do questions.  I doubt they will reveal much about the finale, but I am hoping they may give a general direction where they plan to go for Season 7, or perhaps reveal whether they are renewed beyond Season 7 or something like that.   I really can't wait to see what they do.  It will just be nice to see MaJim on big screen!