The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Definitely it was. I don't know what would have happened if Sheldon ever went there to the movie theater - if Amy had started dating Stuart and fell in love with him instead, it would have been a disaster of a lifetime for Sheldon. It would have been even harder for him to get her back! I think Sheldon was thinking that scenario in his mind, and that was the reason he was able to go there and ask her to be his girlfriend. He didn't want to lose her - he was already in love with her although he didn't obviously know it yet then. I was thinking if he was afraid if Amy had answered "no" instead of "yes"? Was he sure, that her answer is going to be positive? How he would have reacted if she answered, for any reason, "no", if she had been angry to him or something. There was no other reason for him to ask her to be his girlfriend than pure love (and jealousy), although that love for her as an emotion possibly was quite unidentified for him at that time.

He was definitely nervous. Jim did a great job with his body language there, if you watch the scene you see that he's all squirming with his hands and legs and he looks straight ahead and avoids any sort of eye contact. The relief when she says yes it's pretty evident because he kind of bolts out of the theater because I don't think he knows how to handle it but he's so relieved he needs to do something so he just gets up and leaves. And I love the way he waits for her at home and is SO territorial about her when she gets back.

I think in his heart he knew she would say yes, plus Penny sort of implied it earlier.  So I do believe he went there with some level of confidence she would say yes, even if a small part of him did worry.   I doubt he had 100% confidence, but perhaps 75% confidence kind of thing.   Plus, his ego would tell him that he was a better catch than Stuart so he would have "rationalized" her into a "yes".  :icon_lol:   I don't think he thought either of them understood much about emotions at this point and he was probably right.   Both had very strong feelings for each other, but had no idea what that meant other than they didn't want to be apart from each other.   They were such infants at that point when it comes to love.   :wub:   So adorable.  :wub:

Yes he go there with confidence that she say yes, but I think that even if a small part of him was afraid that she will say no that I think the fear in him and thoughts that he will loose her was strongest  than everything. He loves her and even he didn't realize what he feels that he knew that he thing that she is with other man than he is repellent, he knew that  he can't afford that she will go away from his life because she is  a bright spot in the center of his life. It shows how it costed him, to go there, to tell her that. This quadruple negative shows that. He is nervous looks straight and  he avoid her eyes. Like koops said Jim is brilliant.  He  shows Sheldon so in love and so delicate and emotional. :wub:  I think we need something like that now to shake him a little to push him forward.

Edited by silverangelD

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

So true. Sheldon was really territorial. I don't even know today how he got into her apartment and all the stuff he did there while she was in the theater. What he was thinking and doing there? Was he sure that Amy will accept the relationship agreement? What if she wouldn't have accepted it?  :icon_wink:  Well at least he knew Amy was going to come back to her apartment; he was sure she is not going to go to Stuart's place at the comic book store and have a pumpkin latte or intercourse that night. Can you hear sarcasm in Sheldon's voice when he says: "you two enjoy your date"? I'm not sure how to think about that. 

And I think even Sheldon knew something what it means to ask a girl to be his girlfriend. He must have thought of it thoroughly. "Will you be my girlfriend?" Although he didn't know about love he must have understood that why people ask someone to be one's girl/boyfriend as a whole - maybe that's the reason he was first so quadruple negative. He didn't want to admit that to himself. O Shelly.

First he knew why he wants Amy to be his girlfriend and he knew what he feels, he knew that he wants her in his life, but in the other hand hand he's so afraid what he feels, and he don't trust himself in that feelings matter, so much that he   prefer to say it in quadruple negative way. She knew how he feels and she force him say that in normal way: Amy would you be my girlfriend.. Even in cafeteria when Leonard said it loud: just admit that you have feelings to Amy and you don't want to see her with another man, and then he can't say: no you are  wrong I don't care, because he knew that he could tell lie, instead  of this he just said and unfriend Leonard Hofstedter. The same was in apartment when Leonard asked him is he agree that Steward  will go with Amy on date. He purposely changes the subject to avoid questions from Leonard and he don't want that Leonard  finds out what he feels.

Oh Shelly just admit that you love her... we all know that, and we know that you know, that you love her. :wub:

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 1

Well, I guess one thing we probably can think about is that it isn't likely that this episode out of the four for sweeps will be a "kiss" one, will it?  I mean don't you think that is likely one thing they will hold out for to be either the next to the last or last one of the season?

Yes I think that Shamy kiss is that thing they would like to leave at the very end of the season,  because they know that we are waiting for it. Something is going to happen but for kiss we will have to wait a little bit more.

Shipper!Penny is the best! I also love that Amy isn't bothered. Again, I like it when they show that the relationship really works for them and it isn't just Sheldon doing what he wants and Amy getting frustrated. They seem very in synch in that clip.

I agree. They definitely need to show more of this dynamics between them, IMO.

Shipper!Penny is the best! I also love that Amy isn't bothered. Again, I like it when they show that the relationship really works for them and it isn't just Sheldon doing what he wants and Amy getting frustrated. They seem very in synch in that clip.

Yes their relationship is like a working machine, like clockwork gears everything is working together, and separately in the same time everything is syncronized and working perfect for them, they just need to speed the whole thing, and oil it, that attrition wouldn't happen :icon_redface::icon_lol:

Edited by silverangelD

Heading out to my local theater for Paleyfest.  As soon as I get home and have a few minutes with the hubby, I'll post my contributions to the Paleyfest thread.  :)

I'm sitting at my local theater for Paleyfest and I'm the only one here! There's still 20 minutes to go, but they just kicked on the live feed and I have nobody to share this with. Lol

None of my friends are into BBT. I need new friends. Ha!

Some Shamy-related tweets from Paley Center (I know there's a thread for the Paleyfest, but I want to fangirlout on them here, hope that's cool)

RE: Spanking Scene:

The spanking between Jim & Mayim: Jim says it was in the script from moment one but it was off camera. By end of taping, we did it on camera

Parsons: the spanking was one of the hardest things I ever had to do because I found it so damn amusing, all week I was slapping that a--!

Parsons: you have no idea how game this one is (points to Mayim) for it (spanking). (crowd goes wild) #paleyfest

The Big Bang???

Paley Center ‏@paleycenter

will Amy & Sheldon consummate their relationship? Lorre says it's discussed in the writers room a lot. Can't answer it today. #paleyfest

Amy and Penny:

Audience Q: Was Amy written as always being "gay for Penny"? Jim: it was something Mayim brought to the role. #paleyfest

Molaro: Amy wasn't always written that way but then I got the idea that she'd want Penny to be her BFF. #bigbangtheory #paleyfest

Shamy upbringing:

Prady: Amy & Sheldon were both sheltered. Amy is having adolescent experiences with the gang. #paleyfest

Edited by shamylove
  • Like 1

Omg so many great MaJim moments tonight! Loved it when, in his answer to the question about Amy and Sheldon consummating their relationship, Jim looked lovingly at Mayim, put his hand on her leg suggestively and said (among other things), "I can't wait to rehearse!" LOL. He obviously has a comfort level with her that makes it possible for him to be lighthearted in potentially uncomfortable situations. He leaned in towards her frequently, whispered comments to her (and she to him)...it was very apparent imo that they have a great off-screen friendship. Lots of limb and hand touching. Oh, and the spanking discussion? Don't even get me started! ;) I loved hearing Jim talk about "smacking that a*s..." and Mayim joking about her red bottom. Definitely worth the 15 bucks. :D

• Like 6

I saw a pic where they both had their legs crossed but pointing towards each other, definitely good body language their :)

Yeah, they were both sitting slightly inclined towards each other for most of the panel. It was adorable. They seem to really like each other's company. 

• Like 2

Very interesting to watch Jim in this environment. He stared down and to his right (almost into Mayim's lap) about 80% of the time. I wish he could get how much he's loved and admired by the fans; I think he'd be more confident. Such a lovely, classy person, though.

Also of note: Mayim looked really beautiful tonight! Of course, so did the other girls. Melissa was hysterical and adorable.

I was a bit disappointed in the questions that were asked, and I thought the moderator was a little...off. She seemed nervous and asked a lot of the questions that didn't

I don't know if it's because I am a new user and my comments need to go through an approval process, but they aren't showing up. (How long does approval typically take?... I ask this realizing that this comment won't post until after it is approved... ha!)

Anyways --- Went to watch Paleyfest at a local theater.

Did anybody else catch that Jim said he had to sing "soul" music? And he had to go research what that was? It sounded like he was talking about an upcoming episode... but my memory is fuzzy on that answer (it was kind of toward the beginning). Maybe its a boyfriend/girlfriend sing-along? ;o)

Very interesting to watch Jim in this environment. He stared down and to his right (almost into Mayim's lap) about 80% of the time. I wish he could get how much he's loved and admired by the fans; I think he'd be more confident. Such a lovely, classy person, though.

Also of note: Mayim looked really beautiful tonight! Of course, so did the other girls. Melissa was hysterical and adorable.

I was a bit disappointed in the questions that were asked, and I thought the moderator was a little...off. She seemed nervous and asked a lot of the questions that didn't

Thanks for the details! I'm really looking forward to watching this on hulu tomorrow. 

Jim does often have that "aww shucks" thing going on during interviews, which is adorable and probably why he comes off as so sincere and humble. I,too, hope he knows how loved he is by all us fans!

I was a bit disappointed in the questions that were asked, and I thought the moderator was a little...off. She seemed nervous and used a lot of her own questions (that either weren't very interesting or that were very similar to previous questions.) Too much talk about make-up, etc.

I also thought that audience questions should have been screened. People asked for autographs, hugs...one girl even requested that the cast sign her, uh, "happy kitty" (thankfully, not as dirty as it sounds).

Overall, it was a fun experience, but if I were the producers of Paleyfest I'd find a different (funnier) moderator and make sure the questions were varied and had nothing to do with autographs or hugs.

Edited by Retroluv

I know what you mean about the moderator, but I think part of it had to do with her being overwhelmed with the cards given to her for internet questions, texted questions, and audience questions. Plus, she had her phone out with her own questions on it. I was not happy about that last part. She kept commenting that she wasn't supposed to be doing that but was doing it anyway. 

Omg so many great MaJim moments tonight! Loved it when, in his answer to the question about Amy and Sheldon consummating their relationship, Jim looked lovingly at Mayim, put his hand on her leg suggestively and said (among other things), "I can't wait to rehearse!" LOL. He obviously has a comfort level with her that makes it possible for him to be lighthearted in potentially uncomfortable situations. He leaned in towards her frequently, whispered comments to her (and she to him)...it was very apparent imo that they have a great off-screen friendship. Lots of limb and hand touching. Oh, and the spanking discussion? Don't even get me started! ;) I loved hearing Jim talk about "smacking that a*s..." and Mayim joking about her red bottom. Definitely worth the 15 bucks. :D

It was amazing...Did you see how many times he checked her out.  He kept looking at her body over and over.   He whispered to her a lot, kept his body turned toward her almost the entire time.  Oh my gosh...it was beyond lovely between them.  They had their elbows next to each other a lot as well and kept touching each other.

Of all the couples on the show, they are clearly the most close. 

1Q:   Usual question about dod you know any advanced physics yourself?     No, except for Mayim.  (Jim kept checking out Mayim here)

Q:      Chuck/Bill - why they started working on this project.  Usual answer here about knowing men like this (Prady) and Chuck working on a girl who moves away to start life over decided to combine them into the story as it is.

Q:   Melissa is that your real voice?  Yes, just like my Mother's but without her NJ accent

Q:  Kaley and Johnny scene - Kaley said she forgot anyone else was there and it was so real.  You could tell she still has a lot of love for Johnny.  She kept uplifting him throughout the evening.

Q:  Kunal are you excited about your new lady?   Yes he is excited to explore the Lucy storyline and see where it might lead.

Q:   Jim/Mayim the spanking - originally supposed to be off camera.  Jim said it was the hardest thing to do because he found it far too amusing and Mayim's reaction always kept them laughing.   Many takes.   Said he spent all week "slapping that ass off camera"   ROTFL!   "You hae no idea how game this one is"...pointing to Mayim Jim said.   Mayim said "There was some redness"

Q:  About Bazinga - History was a writer used to say it so they added it in for Sheldon - AN astroid is hnamed Sheldon Cooper and the Bazinga bee

Q:   What was it like for Johnny to work with Sarah Gilbert again?  He said it was great, but also very challenging to not slip into their previous show characters since they played them for so long

Q:   What is favorite Raj/Howard bromance...the first time we kissed...oh and the kissing machine...and the frontyard/backyard meaning scenes

Q:   Any guest scientists or stars?   :Pope Francis

Q:   How did you develop Sheldon's laugh - Jim, "I don't remember, but now they make me do it all the time"

Melissa was asked to do Mrs. Wolowitz voice "Paley Center?  I think that's where I go for my mammogram.  The doctors are very handy"

Kaley and flash mob - Wnated ot do it and just told everyone we are doing it in two weeks.  Sister choregraphed it in 30 minutes, they had everyone learn it and surprised the producers/writers and audience.

Q:  What would they want from set when the show is over?

Jim definitely not the computer I carry around.  It weighs a ton.   Johnny would like the thai food menu on their apartment refrigerator

Q:   Where did soft kitty come from?   Sherman Oaks Nursery School

Q:  Which character has best chance to win Nobel Prize?   Steve said "Penny - the Peace Prize"

Q:  Smurf makeup, what was that like?   A huge ordeal, took hours to put on and even more hours to remove.   Melissa started to fall asleep and they asked her to lift up her legs to remove one evening and well...she realized that she was showing off "her business"

Q:   Did 43 mean something in the worm hole episode - looked up a bunch of numbers and liked all the meanings and the significance of the number 43.  But never really gave us why.

Q;   The Wil Wheaton story, why him?   - He knew how to play a game they wanted and lived close by and they figured why not.  When told him the role, he was game.   Then they had to call back to tell him that Chuck wrote his character as a not so nice character, and Wil was even more excited to do it.

Johnny chews a lot of gum and at the end of the stairs behind what the audience sees is a wall, behind that wall is all of Johnny's old chewed up gum.  LOL!

Q:  Are Amy and Sheldon ever going to consummate their relationship - we talk about it all the time and cannot answer that right now.   Jim piped up and said "We can't wait to rehearse" and put his hand on Mayim's and they were so loving and adorable.  Oh my gosh you would have died on this one!

Q:   Will we meet Mee-Maw and what will she think of Amy?    Maybe and she will love Amy.

Q:  Amy's charactger, was it intended taht she was going to be gay for Penny?   No, it never started that way and by the time they went to Big Sur for the conference weekend, Penny would be her best friend.  Amy is like an adolsescent who always wanted to have a boyfriend as well as a bunch of popular girlfriends.   She likes all that life can give her.

Q: Did you get your commercials with Wm. Shatner because of your experience on TBBT?   I don't know, I just got a call and figured they would be fun to do.

Q: Outside of the show, do you have dating advice for nerds?   Kaley:  Keep knocking on your neighbors door because eventually she will answer it and invite you in.   Jim:  "That's terrible advice!"

Q:"   Who came up with the smoking monkey idea?  Don't remember

Q":  What is Penny's last name?  Maybe when we writer her to win the Nobel Prize you will learn it" (sarcastic)

Q:   When you wrote Sheldon, did you know he had Asbergers?   Sheldon shares some similarities, but Sheldon has never been diagnosed with it and we don't want Sheldon labeled anymore than we want people in general labeled

Q:  Before Lucy, did Raj have a chance with Stuart?   Molaro:  They do fill each other's hole.

Q:  Have characters helped you in real life?   Kunal I like Raj's innocence and try to bring in more of him.   Simon:  I have learned what is the smallest size pants I can squeeze into

Q:  Do you see any seasons beyond Season 7?   Jim and Kaley think 10 seasons and hope it will go that far.  All the cast think this is the best season yet and they love this season.

Q:   Who do you want to guest star?   Meryl Streep

Q:   Does the food from the scenes get old?   Great food, best dumplings Kaley is known to miss meals and eat like crazy

Q:   Which of Simon's belt buckles are his favorites?

Ones that are not sharp and ones that have a gear shifts...when they are in neutral they stick out.  LOL!

Mainly the interaction between MaJim was the best on the whole thing.  It was adorable.

I agree the questions could have been better.  I think the best part was MaJim and  I felt Jim felt Mayim was his security blanket in a way.  He kept leaning in to her and facing her and looking at her and looking her up and down, in her lap most of the time or her face.  He whispered to her a lot.  It was like he was very glad she was there.  They were adorable and both looked the best on the panel.  Both were very beautifully dressed.   The others looked good, but they were stunning.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 6

Great job, Stardust! It's totally worth watching on Hulu just for the MaJim interactions. If I didn't know that Jim was gay and in a committed relationship, I would so be rooting for an off-screen fling and/or marriage, babies, etc., lol. They are just so lovely together.

I agree that there is an emotional intimacy between them that no other pair in the cast seems to have. You're right, Stardust, that Jim used Mayim as his "security blanket." He gravitates towards her physically when he's uncomfortable. They were practically sharing arm and foot rests by the end of it!

Edited by Retroluv

Great job, Stardust! It's totally worth watching on Hulu just for the MaJim interactions. If I didn't know that Jim was gay and in a committed relationship, I would so be rooting for an off-screen fling and/or marriage, babies, etc., lol. They are just so lovely together.

I know...when you see them together it is hard to remember he is gay.  LOL!   They really do seem to show each other a lot of love on and off camera.   LOL!

• Like 1

My apologies if I'm repeating anything here.  You guys that were there...did you catch that Jim said he's supposed to sing "soulfully" this week?  Wonder what that's about?

When they were talking about Shamy consummation, after Jim said he couldn't wait to rehearse, Mayim kissed his cheek.  At least I think she did, it was on the other side of his face from the audience.

Everybody who has played an instrument on the show has actually been playing except for the scene when Sheldon was playing Greensleeves on the recorder, it wasn't actually Jim.

I'll go post this on the Paleyfest thread too.

Edited by tmp
  • Like 1