The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

I agree, if they allowed the MaJim touchy-feely, even a small, small percentage come through in the characters, there would be no question in viewers minds that they are ready and that they want it as much as we all do.   :icon_lol:    I do think they plan to get there, but they can't say yet because...just like they couldn't talk about how many seasons...they know likely, but can't say.   They have certain things that can be said and others that are too far in advance to talk about or are too much of a big deal to talk about.   They know that they are going there and just were being coy.  

I think it is clear that Mayim and Jim want it and they want more lovey-dovey between their characters.  I think they love the physical scenes between their characters. :wub:

• Like 3

Seems to me that re: Shamy sex - Jim is game, Mayim's game, the writers...they are the big question mark

And, yes, if Sheldon and Amy had even a hint of the touchy-feely-ness of Mayim and Jim tonight, no one would question Sheldon and Amy jumping in the sack at some point :)

Oh I don't think there's any question that the writers are game too. That's what Chuck was essentially saying. I think he interpreted the question as in "this season" because he says "we want to see their relationship grow". Which essentially means they will get there, but not now. There's no way they would have put in 6x14 if they didn't plan to do it further down the line.

Jim's innuendos with Mayim have grown exponentially in the last year or so. Is there ONE interview with the two of them recently where he doesn't make some sort of cheeky remark? lol.

• Like 3

Oh I don't think there's any question that the writers are game too. That's what Chuck was essentially saying. I think he interpreted the question as in "this season" because he says "we want to see their relationship grow". Which essentially means they will get there, but not now. There's no way they would have put in 6x14 if they didn't plan to do it further down the line.

Jim's innuendos with Mayim have grown exponentially in the last year or so. Is there ONE interview with the two of them recently where he doesn't make some sort of cheeky remark? lol.

I totally agree on both of your points.  But the last sentence is what I agree with the most because he has really gotten quite bold.   I swear, if I didn't know better, I would think he wanted to jump her bones.  :icon_lol:

LOL seriously. It's like role-reversal in RL. Mayim is Sheldon and Jim is Amy. 

I know.   It sort of is.  He was checking her out over and over tonight, leaning way over, practically leaning on her, touching her, etc.  It is like he couldn't keep his hands off of her. :icon_lol:   They truly were adorable though.   It is funny because just like in the show, they are very in synch as far as friends as well.  They both are more on the shy side and yet funny and very loving.   The rest of the panel was a lot like you expect them to be (as they always are in interviews) and these two are so into each other when they are at these things it is adorable.  :wub:

• Like 3

I wonder whether its because they have not had a physical relationship that they can be so free with each other?

I am not sure what you mean?   I mean they have had physical relationships, obviously, with other people, and clearly not with each other, but isn't that true for most of the rest of the cast as well (other than Kaley and Johnny)?  In a way, it was like you were watching Newlyweds on the stage.  They were very loving, and sweet and looking at each other for reassurance about their answers all the time, and just in general like a true couple would be.   It was rather fascinating and I see that over and over in interviews where both of them are together.   They clearly have a comfort between them that is unique.  

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 1

I also noticed they have this clothes-coordination going on. They're the only ones dressed like they're about to give a lecture. lol. And they look great, don't get me wrong.

• Like 3

I also noticed they have this clothes-coordination going on. They're the only ones dressed like they're about to give a lecture. lol. And they look great, don't get me wrong.

Yes, I was actually quite excited when I saw her come out looking dressed like she did because he came out first and compared to everyone else, was fairly dressed up.  Then she came out dressed like she was and I thought...how cute that they both dressed up and looked like they were attending a business meeting or something.  It was adorable.   The whole rest of the cast were casual in comparison.  

I loved how one of the producers - Molaro? - described Sheldon and Amy as late-blooming adults going through adolescence together, with Amy embracing the new experiences and emotions of looming adulthood and Sheldon generally disliking and/or hiding from them. It's so true, and hearing this from one of the show's creators renews my faith that TPTB know and understand these characters better than we give them credit for, and will ultimately do right by them.

ETA: I believe Molaro provided this explanation in response to a question re whether or not the writers originally intended Amy to be "gay for Penny." He explained that the group had opened up a whole new world for Amy, catapulting her into a delayed adolescence, and that she was merely experiencing her first "girl crush". :)

Edited by Retroluv
  • Like 5

I loved how one of the producers - Molaro? - described Sheldon and Amy as late-blooming adults going through adolescence together, with Amy embracing the new experiences and emotions of looming adulthood while Sheldon generally dislikes and/or hides from them. It's so true, and hearing this from one of the show's creators renews my faith that TPTB know and understand these characters better than we give them credit for, and will ultimately do right by them.

I'd love to hear the quote about this, if anyone has it. It's very true, we were just saying the other day how they both have this innocence to them and that they're growing together and they will lose some of that innocence as they do so. I just hope that it's not going to be a constant push and pull with Amy ALWAYS embracing and Sheldon ALWAYS disliking. I see that they're trying to show the two sides of the coin there and it's very nice that they're not just carbon copies of each other, but I think balance is always best, otherwise it becomes predictable because you know how they're going to react in every situation.

• Like 2

Oh I need to check out all these videos and photos now. Sheldon is SINGING SOULFULLY next week???? :icon_eek: WTF?? It's TARA episode and Sheldon SINGS SOULFULLY???

Excuse me while I pick myself off the floor.

Lots of Majim goodness it sounds. They were both dressed supersmart, I thought it was meant to be a jeans-and-tshirt kind of thing. And sounds like a lot of classic flirting between them. Oh but sorry, i forget. He does that with everyone ;)

I too hate the stupid questions that get asked over and over again. "Are Amy and Sheldon going to have sex?" What do you want them to answer? Or the other one "Did you KNOW Sheldon has Aspergers?". First of all, what a way to phrase it. Did you know. Like this isn't a fictional character that's being written by these people. Secondly, really? This question again? I love their answer though. No labels. I hate labels.

eta: Who's that lady standing between Jim and Chuck in the group photo?

eta2: Just watched the video and answered the question for myself. lol. My God, I don't know if it's the clothes but they do look and act like a married couple!

The woman between Jim and Chuck is Pauley Perrette (I really don't know how to spell her name!). She's on NCIS and moderated the panel. Edited by phantagrae

I also love the comment by Chuck "We talk about it a lot in the writers room" about Shamy sex. I had this mental image of the writers room being like Fridays Shamy Chat. "Ok... so... what abou that SIK?" and all the writers squealing like fangirls and coming up with ideas.

Then someone walks in and they suddenly stop squealing and look down at their scripts nonchalantly.

Edited by koops
  • Like 5

ETA: I believe Molaro provided this explanation in response to a question re whether or not the writers originally intended Amy to be "gay for Penny." He explained that the group had opened up a whole new world for Amy, catapulting her into a delayed adolescence, and that she was merely experiencing her first "girl crush". :)

I actually just sat down and watched the whole clip finally. The one thing that I'm wary about that though is that I always worry they are setting Amy on a path where she's just going to become "normal". Not even intentionally, but that by continuing with the whole "Amy is game" thing they will gradually forget what made her great in the first place, which is what makes her a perfect match for Sheldon. Although, on the other hand, it could also be that Sheldon will open up a little with time. We just have to wait and see I guess.

eta: I also got the impression both Jim and Mayim were kind of uncomfortable/annoyed with the nth question about Sheldon and Aspergers. I really don't understand this obsession that people have with labeling other people. It's like people's obsession about whether someone is gay or not. What does it matter? Does it make people more interesting if you have a label? Like it's a zoo and you can point and gossip? Really drives me nuts. 

Edited by koops
  • Like 1

Oh thank you stardust and you gyus for everyhing. I almost cry when I saw them, they are so sweet :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: and so many feelings between them. I love them, and their hands toghether and how they look on each other  aww.w I love you for that pictures....and for report.

Monique. When you go to 6.22, let us pray the show you 6.21 so we can her what Sheldon sings to Amy. 

I still can't believe this might actually be happening.   :icon_eek:

By the way...it was odd.  In the theater we went to, there were only five people at the PaleyFest...and two were my husband and I out of that group.   I was stunned!

Here is Jim arriving at the event.  Way too many flashes and people calling him to turn all directions.  Poor guy...such grace though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjpGA_-ewyc&feature=player_detailpage

Here are some press articles out already:

Hollywood Reporter:   http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-at-paleyfest-428530

Deadline Hollywood:   http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/the-big-bang-theory-at-paleyfest-a-tease-for-amy-sheldon-the-devotion-of-fans/

Oh poor baby.. (o well I gues there are pros and cons of being famous)  flashes every where and every one are screaming to him to look, and he smile so sweetly, he is so photogenic and  has such stunning presence, they both have it Mayim and Jim, are like that.

Edited by silverangelD

Well and they had that long walk-down-season6-memory-lane video which was wonderful, but it took away from question time.  I texted in three questions and none got asked.   I hate it when people ask the same things that have been in interview after interview (like the one about whether they know any of the science they talk about on the show..good grief that one is old).   I feel like there is so little time and when questions are repeated like that it annoys me.   I want to scream...study and see past interviews before asking something stupid again.  LOL!  

Loved all of the MaJim interactions and they were the highlight of the whole evening.   They made it worth it all because they were so adorable.   Many of the "ask anyone" type questions were not really answered and it always degenerated into a lot of side talking and not saying much stuff.    I don't care for those.  I prefer the ones that are directed to individuals.  

It was funny when Simon and Kunal were asked about their favorite Bromance scenes.  Their answers were hilarious and it was cute.   Kunal looked cute with his hat.  

Both the spanking question and the consummation question were by far the funniest and most fun of the panel.   But I loved all the moments when the camera would be off on other people and then pull back out and you would see Jim whispering to Mayim or touching her or looking at her.  Those were small moments, but they were not the focus so they were much more real moments.   The body language was clear that he enjoys Mayim and he almost acted like she was his security blanket. :icon_lol:

Here is the whole cast from tonight:

tumblr_mjmrouECCC1qdz44io1_500.jpg

The magic between Jim and Mayim are beautiful. We can see it from the pictures, and from  the vid, posted and those are big proof of how special their feelings for each other are :wub: :wub: .

I can understand how you feel about the stupid questions and these which were asked so many times before. I was on the twitter,, I was between 03:00 am and 04:30 am or something like that, for me it was so, so late but I wanted to experience it at least from twiteer, and when I read tweets with questions asked before for exemple on Comic-con so many times, I was so  like: WTF people :icon_mad:  you can ask so many different question, and you have possibility to do it, and you asked them something which you can find on internet? I wanted scream too and I'm sure that you would hear it there. :icon_lol: