The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MJistheBOMB

The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Q:  Are Amy and Sheldon ever going to consummate their relationship -we talk about it all the time and cannot answer that right now.   Jim piped up and said "We can't wait to rehearse" and put his hand onMayim's and they were so loving and adorable.  Oh my gosh you would have died on this one!

:wub::( :icon_cry:Yes you're right I would have die  to see it....I would have die just to see those lovely people :wub::unsure::blush:

I have been re-watching the spanking talk like 30 times already. Jim was boldly flirty there. Mayim was so shy that she couldn't say a word. Man!!! This is so opposite with the Comic con 2011 where Jim hardly finished the answer while Mayim was very fluently. Now, it was him who teased and teased. Oh Jim, you grow up so fast!! 

• Like 1

Well, to be fair she was the one in a compromising position (no pun intended!) in that scene. No wonder she was shy about it. lol.

Q:   When you wrote Sheldon, did you know he had Asbergers?   Sheldon shares some similarities, but Sheldon has never been diagnosed with it and we don't want Sheldon labeled anymore than we want people in general labeled.

And that's very good because, in my opinion it would have labeled him to much, we don't need to know if he has asperger's or not, every one can imagine what they want and that's the best.

I love the videos... especially about that spanking scene... obviously they loved this scene, and  he's really into her, in that sweet way. Their bodies are kinda turned to each other,  they are close to each other, there  is almost always in passing interact between them like  touching  hands, knees, they smile at each other, whisper something to each other, they look and they peek at each other often. This is a beautiful  what they have in common. Like magic.. :icon_redface::wub: .

• Like 1

I had massive MaJim feeling last night. They are so fun to watch together, both as their characters and in real life. I'm so glad they got Mayim on the show. They have such great chemistry. At times it seemed like they were in their own little world. 

• Like 2

I actually just sat down and watched the whole clip finally. The one thing that I'm wary about that though is that I always worry they are setting Amy on a path where she's just going to become "normal". Not even intentionally, but that by continuing with the whole "Amy is game" thing they will gradually forget what made her great in the first place, which is what makes her a perfect match for Sheldon. Although, on the other hand, it could also be that Sheldon will open up a little with time. We just have to wait and see I guess.

eta: I also got the impression both Jim and Mayim were kind of uncomfortable/annoyed with the nth question about Sheldon and Aspergers. I really don't understand this obsession that people have with labeling other people. It's like people's obsession about whether someone is gay or not. What does it matter? Does it make people more interesting if you have a label? Like it's a zoo and you can point and gossip? Really drives me nuts. 

Yeah it creams my corn too. Why anyone care if he had an asperger? It doesn't matter, it could labeled him and the same thing with that gay thing about Amy. The fact that we do not know it,  adds his character  more color and it's more interesting,  because everyone has to think the door open as he believes.what he likes. This is the last important thing.

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 1

And you know what about the Asperger's?  Even among people who have it, there's great diversity and sweeping generalizations aren't accurate.  I loved Molaro's answer, though, that people are just people and don't need labels.

• Like 5

And you know what about the Asperger's?  Even among people who have it, there's great diversity and sweeping generalizations aren't accurate.  I loved Molaro's answer, though, that people are just people and don't need labels.

So much word.

My son has asperger...so... :mellow::icon_neutral:

Edited by silverangelD

My mum works with people on the spectrum and I also have a friend with aspergers. You can definately see characteristics they share but there are loads of things that make them very unlike Sheldon, it's very complicated and I think people tend enjoy labling things to make them easier to understand. The only benefit of that label is so it will give others a kick up the butt to support them and try to be more tolerant of their behaviour. But for Sheldon it's pointless, he's lucky to have friends that love him no matter what :) and I think that's partly the beauty of leaving him 'undiagnosed'.

I also want to say how much I loved the Majim. I'd be blushing like that too if I were in her position!

• Like 1

I also love the comment by Chuck "We talk about it a lot in the writers room" about Shamy sex. I had this mental image of the writers room being like Fridays Shamy Chat. "Ok... so... what abou that SIK?" and all the writers squealing like fangirls and coming up with ideas.

Then someone walks in and they suddenly stop squealing and look down at their scripts nonchalantly.

Wasn't going to reply but this ^^ made me laugh so hard! :icon_redface:  It gets pretty racy. :p

Good day all...I just had to come back and read what you all thought.  I still cannot get the images of last night from my head.  So much love between MaJim!   Sigh they were beyond adorable, not to mention they looked beautiful.  They both had on Easter colors and just looked like they had come from church.  LOL!   I can't tell you how wonderful it was to have this humungous screen in front of me filled with them and for them to be so them.  They were so easy and natural with each other and adorable.   They literally stole the show.  LOL!    The second ones to steal it were Raj/Howard. 

I think one of the things I loved was them talking about Steve and how he is the "heart" of the show...that he has the "bleeding heart" and wanted to bring out more depth to the characters and more "heart" in them.  I thank him for that because it was clear the entire cast loved this season the most and I think fans have also found this season to be their favorite season.   I believe we owe a lot of that to Steve and his "heart".    I really feel he has a soft spot for Shamy as well.   He wants to protect them and make them "right" and not destroy the characters or the couple.   I loved that.

And I am sure the conversations about Shamy sex in the writers room can be pretty...um...shall we say...whimsically inventive?   :icon_lol:

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 3

My mum works with people on the spectrum and I also have a friend with aspergers. You can definately see characteristics they share but there are loads of things that make them very unlike Sheldon, it's very complicated and I think people tend enjoy labling things to make them easier to understand. The only benefit of that label is so it will give others a kick up the butt to support them and try to be more tolerant of their behaviour. But for Sheldon it's pointless, he's lucky to have friends that love him no matter what :) and I think that's partly the beauty of leaving him 'undiagnosed'.

I also want to say how much I loved the Majim. I'd be blushing like that too if I were in her position!

Yes you're right that people like to do it to understand thinks easier.

And I love Mayim too. She looked so fresh  and her face was so radiant and shines with glow. Yes it was little embarrassing for her but Jim was so sweet and flirty but all what he said was full of feelings for her.

Yes, typically gays wear their wedding rings on their right hand.

I think this is a regional thing. All of my gay friends who are married wear their rings on the left hand. But I live in NY where same sex marriage is legal. i asked my best friend who is gay but not married and he has never heard of the right hand thing but said perhaps in some states it may be a way to show disdain to states that have not legalized same sex marriage yet.

Oh I need to check out all these videos and photos now. Sheldon is SINGING SOULFULLY next week????  :icon_eek:  WTF?? It's  TARA episode and Sheldon SINGS SOULFULLY??? 

I too hate the stupid questions that get asked over and over again. "Are Amy and Sheldon going to have sex?" What do you want them to answer? Or the other one "Did you KNOW Sheldon has Aspergers?". First of all, what a way to phrase it. Did you know. Like this isn't a fictional character that's being written by these people. Secondly, really? This question again? I love their answer though. No labels. I hate labels.

I wonder if Sheldon will be drunk in this episode. Often when Sheldon sings he has had some alcohol. This may cause for some fun Shamy times and some lowered inhibitions!

I also agree about that question about Sheldon and Aspergers. 1. That questions is asked at every interview and 2. the way it was worded was soo annoying. I love they there has been no labels put on. 

• Like 2

Good day all...I just had to come back and read what you all thought.  I still cannot get the images of last night from my head.  So much love between MaJim!   Sigh they were beyond adorable, not to mention they looked beautiful.  They both had on Easter colors and just looked like they had come from church.  LOL!   I can't tell you how wonderful it was to have this humungous screen in front of me filled with them and for them to be so them.  They were so easy and natural with each other and adorable.   They literally stole the show.  LOL!    The second ones to steal it were Raj/Howard. 

I think one of the things I loved was them talking about Steve and how he is the "heart" of the show...that he has the "bleeding heart" and wanted to bring out more depth to the characters and more "heart" in them.  I thank him for that because it was clear the entire cast loved this season the most and I think fans have also found this season to be their favorite season.   I believe we owe a lot of that to Steve and his "heart".    I really feel he has a soft spot for Shamy as well.   He wants to protect them and make them "right" and not destroy the characters or the couple.   I loved that.

And I am sure the conversations about Shamy sex in the writers room can be pretty...um...shall we say...whimsically inventive?   :icon_lol:

Good day to you.. :)

They were adorable together and sweet and I understand why they love this season for me it's one of my favorites. I love as they try to do all the best for Shamy.

By the way, I'm out of likes and you have my like for that.

I think this is a regional thing. All of my gay friends who are married wear their rings on the left hand. But I live in NY where same sex marriage is legal. i asked my best friend who is gay but not married and he has never heard of the right hand thing but said perhaps in some states it may be a way to show disdain to states that have not legalized same sex marriage yet.

I wonder if Sheldon will be drunk in this episode. Often when Sheldon sings he has had some alcohol. This may cause for some fun Shamy times and some lowered inhibitions!

I also agree about that question about Sheldon and Aspergers. 1. That questions is asked at every interview and 2. the way it was worded was soo annoying. I love they there has been no labels put on. 

He might serenade her while drunk. That would be priceless. Or I'm thinking Band Hero. If he's been asked to sing in a very specific way there must be a reason for it.

• Like 1

Hey guys!! You have already say it all!! I just wish we could have been there with our questions!! :)

Mayim dress was absolutely beautiful!! And together they are so cute!! You can feel their friendship and caring for each other!! 

The Asperger's  question made writers and actors (and me) uncomfortable. People ask it over and over again....I don't really get why there is this need to label Sheldon and put him in a box. He is a person!! I can understand that maybe some people affected by the syndrome may find some kind of comfort in knowing that a person with Asperger can be successful and well liked ( which of course they can), but still....when I meet someone I want to know their name and get to know them. I don't want to know how they have been classified.

PS  Has Jim got married?? I am so, so happy for him!! :D

Edited by Aster7

Oh it's a pun intended... :icon_lol: and I bet that they have a lot of fun while having whimsically inventive brainstorming... :icon_lol:

And I totally agree with this:

"It's discussed a lot in the writers' room," executive producer Chuck  Lorre admitted on the panel. "I don't know if we can answer that. It's something that we're continually wrestling with because we're fascinated with their relationship and we want to see it grow."

Like we said, they will do it in right pace for us to watch their relationship bloomed, and that all the wonderful things have occurred one after the other. from their kiss initiated by Sheldon  to the beautiful end whatever it will be

Edited by silverangelD

Oh I need to check out all these videos and photos now. Sheldon is SINGING SOULFULLY next week????  :icon_eek:  WTF?? It's  TARA episode and Sheldon SINGS SOULFULLY??? 

Excuse me while I pick myself off the floor.

Hey! I've been lurking for a while because usually when I think of something I want to post, somebody else has already said it, and in a much more eloquent way than I could ever hope to! Go Sharmy and your wonderful way with words!!

The "Sheldon singing soulfully" thing really intrigued me and I think it could MAYBE have to to with boyfriend-girlfriend sing a long night! Especially if it's a Tara episode. 

• Like 1

Ok.

1. I am sorry but my mind went straight into the gutter when I read about Sheldon having a problem leaving anything unfinished. LOL. Yes, Amy, you might not want to tinker with that too much, for your own good.

2. It sounds like this 6x21 could be a new TLA. Me likey.

3. Since we know he's singing, there might be alcohol involved to "relax" him.

4. I have to say I'm really not a fan of this whole "snail on the back of a turtle"/"Amy always wants more and Sheldon doesn't". I just don't want the whole relationship to turn into a constant push-push-push-push thing. I actually find it weird that they'd say something like this since Sheldon seems to have been doing most of his progress on his own this season, Amy actually hasn't prodded all that much at all. The whole "better boyfriend" thing is certainly true but it seems to come from him doing stuff, rather than her pushing. But if they say this, it makes me worry that it will be A LONG time before he initiates anything and that the relationship will always come across as unbalanced. It'd be nice to see him change because he wants to for her. 

Lots of good stuff this morning.

About the Asperger's thing--it kills me that people still ask that stupid question, and ask it so stupidly ("Did you know..."), like the writers accidentally wrote Sheldon to have Aspergers, or that they created him to have Aspergers and then kind of make fun of his issues?

My sister did ask me when she first saw her first ep of BBT (the Pilot) if Sheldon has Aspergers.  She's a teacher's aide in a special needs class, so she's seen a lot of kids at various points of the spectrum.

But she didn't insist, she just asked, and I think it's fair to say that some of his issues could be seen as on the spectrum.  But if the writers didn't intend to create an autistic character and insist that they have not labled him, then it gets a little aggravating that people want to insist that Sheldon be labeled.

I think that a lot of these people are simply not among the online fandom or among those who read all the interviews, etc., so perhaps they think they're asking such questions for the first time, but even so, YIKES!  It's almost like walking up to some mother and asking if her kid is autistic because you've been observing him at the playground and you've decided you can diagnose him.

Now, if the show was described as "Leonard and his autistic roommate SHeldon meet a pretty girl next door..." I could maybe understand it.  But since that's not the case, people should just accept that "he's just Sheldon."

Someone linked the Hollywood Reporter article above--I think they got a lot of stuff wrong or mixed up.  Like they said that the spanking wasn't scripted--I don't know where they got that.  I think they misunderstood how Jim was explaining the cutting away to the monkey figurine.  From the taping reports, I think that we were told that the conversation was there, but that one version they filmed involved the camera cutting away to the monkeys, and then they filmed it with the camera not cutting away, but staying on Jim and Mayim as they did the spanking.

Anyway, that's a minor thing.  I'll have to go back and re-read the HR article, because I think there were other details they got wrong...

@ kiru--thanks for that article--very interesting!!! :D

• Like 3