The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

Hey! I've been lurking for a while because usually when I think of something I want to post, somebody else has already said it, and in a much more eloquent way than I could ever hope to! Go Sharmy and your wonderful way with words!!

The "Sheldon singing soulfully" thing really intrigued me and I think it could MAYBE have to to with boyfriend-girlfriend sing a long night! Especially if it's a Tara episode. 

That's what I was thinking--we were just talking about wanting to see a bf/gf singalong night and this could work.

But if it has to do with Amy trying to get him to relax and let things go unfinished, I'm not sure how it would fit in...

Sheldon is a creature of habit...he needs to be pushed. The whole season is immovable object vs irresistible force.

More here

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Big-Bang-Theory-Relationships-1062740.aspx

Thanks for this article--I did wonder whether Raj and Lucy might be part of the finale and it looks like I was at least in the ballpark. :)

I do like the sound of what's supposed to happen in the episode they're now working on.  As koops said, it does sound like it could be this season's TLA. :)

So few episodes left!!! WAAAHH!

Sheldon is a creature of habit...he needs to be pushed. The whole season is immovable object vs irresistible force.

More here

Yes, I know it was, I'm just not a fan of the paradox :p 

Re: The TV guide article. There goes another thing I have in common with Sheldon. Haha.The all nighters I pull when stuff isn't finished. I'm so familiar with that "eating up at night" feeling.

• Like 2

Lots of good stuff this morning.

Someone linked the Hollywood Reporter article above--I think they got a lot of stuff wrong or mixed up.  Like they said that the spanking wasn't scripted--I don't know where they got that.  I think they misunderstood how Jim was explaining the cutting away to the monkey figurine.  From the taping reports, I think that we were told that the conversation was there, but that one version they filmed involved the camera cutting away to the monkeys, and then they filmed it with the camera not cutting away, but staying on Jim and Mayim as they did the spanking.

@ kiru--thanks for that article--very interesting!!! :D

I know.  Actually, Jim specifically said the spanking was in the script from the beginning.  That was shoddy reporting.  Or maybe something else that rhymes with shoddy.

I agree with spook about the snail on a turtle's back.  It makes it sound like Amy is dragging him into a relationship when we see otherwise on the screen.  I also disagree with Amy trying to "build a better boyfriend".  They haven't shown her trying to change him, not like Priya did with Leonard.  To the contrary, they've shown her respecting and appreciating him for who he is more than any of the other characters do. 

• Like 3

I know.  Actually, Jim specifically said the spanking was in the script from the beginning.  That was shoddy reporting.  Or maybe something else that rhymes with shoddy.

I agree with spook about the snail on a turtle's back.  It makes it sound like Amy is dragging him into a relationship when we see otherwise on the screen.  I also disagree with Amy trying to "build a better boyfriend".  They haven't shown her trying to change him, not like Priya did with Leonard.  To the contrary, they've shown her respecting and appreciating him for who he is more than any of the other characters do. 

Thanks, you've actually explained what I meant better than I did! What I meant is that I'm not seeing on screen what they are saying is going on, which seems very odd since they're the ones writing it! I've seen a lot of progress from Sheldon, although mostly behind Amy's back, and I haven't seen Amy trying to change him much at all. I just found it really odd that that's their perspective on the whole thing when it looks like (almost) the total opposite to me. Of course, I'm happier this way than if it had been the other way around, with the writers saying that he's changing on his own and we seeing her being pushy on screen. :) 

• Like 1

I actually like the "snail on a turtle's back' because that to me implies that they're both going slow, just one is slightly slower than the other.  It's not a snail on a greyhound's back. ;)

I think that Amy is trying to "build a better boyfriend" in the sense that she's helping to bring him out of his shell somewhat.  Like the stuff about telling him it would be polite to thank Penny for her help with the FWF segment, or that it would be polite to agree to go to the play.  Just helping him to take his social blinders off now and then.

As for Amy becoming more normal--that's kind of tough.  We know that she has been very socially awkward in wearing out her welcome, in not having much of a filter.  One could reason that she's learning to be a little less awkward from hanging out with the girls (the way Penny told her that they'd agreed to say only helpful things, in the Stag Party episode, when Bernie was upset, for instance), but it's not as obvious that she's learning that from the girls.  But we don't know what she knew of supposed polite behavior beforehand.  Did her mother teach her about certain social protocols, for instance?

All Sheldon seems to have learned is that when a guest is upset you offer them a hot beverage, whether they want it or not. :p

Anyway, at least she still does seem to love him for his quirks. :)

I actually like the "snail on a turtle's back' because that to me implies that they're both going slow, just one is slightly slower than the other.  It's not a snail on a greyhound's back. ;)

I think that Amy is trying to "build a better boyfriend" in the sense that she's helping to bring him out of his shell somewhat.  Like the stuff about telling him it would be polite to thank Penny for her help with the FWF segment, or that it would be polite to agree to go to the play.  Just helping him to take his social blinders off now and then.

As for Amy becoming more normal--that's kind of tough.  We know that she has been very socially awkward in wearing out her welcome, in not having much of a filter.  One could reason that she's learning to be a little less awkward from hanging out with the girls (the way Penny told her that they'd agreed to say only helpful things, in the Stag Party episode, when Bernie was upset, for instance), but it's not as obvious that she's learning that from the girls.  But we don't know what she knew of supposed polite behavior beforehand.  Did her mother teach her about certain social protocols, for instance?

All Sheldon seems to have learned is that when a guest is upset you offer them a hot beverage, whether they want it or not. :p

Anyway, at least she still does seem to love him for his quirks. :)

I always got the impression she started learning how not to be awkward from the girls. Who else would she be learning that from? It can't be her mother because otherwise she would have been like that before befriending the girls. And she would have all sorts of social conventions like Sheldon does. And she most definitely isn't learning it from Sheldon. lol. I thought it was pretty obvious she started becoming less awkward after she began hanging out with them. 

Anyway, what are we meant to take away from the fact that the finale will be "small"? Discuss.

About the HR article:

The cast and creators behind CBS' The Big Bang Theory used their platform at PaleyFest on Wednesday night to offer a peek behind the curtain of the ratings behemoth, answering trivia about the geeky comedy and offering a window into what goes on behind the scenes.

Who came up with Sheldon's feel-good tune "Soft Kitty," the origins of Jim Parsons' alter-ego's catchphrase "bazinga!" and who had a major problem with the Smurf makeup? Plus how many takes did Kaley Cuoco and Johnny Galecki need to nail Penny and Leonard's historic "I love you"? Here are the 15 things you might not know about the series.

1. It took only one take for Cuoco and Galecki to film Penny professing her love for Leonard. "Kaley said to Johnny, 'I don't know about you, but when we started the scene, the cameras and the live audience all went away and it was just us,' " new showrunner Steve Molaro recalled, noting that he told both actors the shot was beautiful and he knew they'd never get anything better.

2. The spot-on Mrs. Wolowitz voice -- which again was present, as it is every year at Comic-Con -- isn't the only impression Melissa Rauch does on the show. Turns out Bernadette's actual voice is based on her mother. "Only without the Jersey! Tonally, it's very similar," she said. 

3. Kunal Nayyar has his fingers crossed for Lucy (Kate Micucci) and Raj, but no matter what happens, he's glad to see his character evolve. "It's lovely to see him get to explore that side to himself, which has been amiss for so long," he said. "We can joke and laugh, but ultimately for him he really wants this. It's fun to see him vulnerable and to drop false sense of bravado. I don't know if he'll succeed, but it's really sweet."

4. When Sheldon punishes Amy (Mayim Bialik) with a spanking for faking illness in order to enjoy the ointment rub, it wasn't in the original script and was supposed to be off-screen. Parsons shared that there were three jokes -- a "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" string of monkey scenes -- that ultimately were trimmed from the script one by one. "It was one of the hardest things we ever had to do because I found it tremendously amusing!" Parsons confessed, revealing that he had issues containing his laughter during production. "All week I was slapping that ass!" he joked. The bashful Bialik revealed that yep, her derriere was, indeed, red at the end of the taping. "There was some redness," she confessed. Added Parsons of his willing co-star, "You have no idea how game this one is for that!"

This part they got all mixed up, I think.  It was in the script, as I understand it, and, yes it was supposed to take place off-camera.  The 3 jokes that Jim mentioned were the "naughty parts" of the story, and the monkey thing was the figurine that the camera would go to as the "naughty parts" took place off-camera.  But then those scenes were changed and they dropped the off-camera aspect, and the camera going to the monkeys, except for the bathing scene.

And they left out Jim's follow-up to Mayim's "There was some redness" comment.  He said, "I never saw it", but he did ask how she was. :)

5. Sheldon's trademark "Bazinga!" originated with writer Stephen Engel, who would set up playful practical jokes around the writers room, including putting together a grapefruit with tape. "I'd open it up and Stephen would say, 'Bazinga,' " executive producer Bill Prady recalled. "It was Stephen's word for 'gotcha.' " 

I think they might have corrected this, or else I misread it the first time, because I swear it said that it was Steven Molaro who used the Bazinga word.  It was indeed this other Stephen.

6. After featuring Leonard Nimoy and Stephen Hawking, the producers joked that their next dream guest star might be a bit too busy to make time for the CBS hit. "We've done some episodes about religion and science, and we thought Pope Francis might be good," Prady joked of Wednesday's newly elected pope. "He's probably too busy now." 

7. The cast really is musically inclined. Bialik learned how to play the harp after it was decided that it was Amy's instrument of choice; and Parsons learned how to play the theremin, so when scenes call for them to play, they actually are. As for their skill levels, Parsons joked his inability brought him to tears. For his part, Galecki also plays the piano. Chimed in Cuoco, "And when Penny drinks, she's really drinking!"

I don't think they said that Johnny plays the piano.  They said he plays the cello and that Simon and Jim play the piano.  But Jim didn't really play the recorder in the Cruciferous Vegetable episode.  I believe that was Prady.

8. Cuoco's sister, Bri, choreographed the cast's surprise flash mob to "Call Me Maybe" -- and it earned her a job on two of co-creator Chuck Lorre's shows. Bri Cuoco played the woman who earns a marriage proposal in the background of Big Bang's recent Valentine's Day episode and choreographed a scene with 50 dancers on Two and a Half Men.

9. Origins of "Soft Kitty" revealed! After struggling to find the perfect song for neurotic Sheldon's healing ritual, it was Prady who came up with the ditty. "It's from my daughter's preschool in Sherman Oaks," he revealed. "It was from Australia, and one of the teachers heard it there."

10. After going as Smurfs for Halloween, Rauch shared the lengthy, painful -- and humiliating -- experience of having the blue makeup removed. Her regular makeup artist and two assistants were helping to remove the Smurf from her body using hot towels. "It was getting late and I'm starting to fall asleep … and I lifted my legs up to get the rest of the makeup off and heard the guy laugh and thought, 'Oh, they're just telling jokes' and I looked in the mirror and thought, 'What's that?! Dear lord Jesus, that's my business!' I had totally exposed myself! I put my legs down and just said to them, 'Long night!' " she said to laughs from the sold-out Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills. "That is the tale of my Smurfette."

11. Lorre is the brains behind evil Wil Wheaton, but it was Star Trek fan Prady who had to make the call and break the news to the actor. "I didn't know this guy, and I had to call him and say, 'So you're playing yourself ... but you're a real dick!' " he said. "Will loved it."

12. That wasn't the only embarrassing conversation Prady had to have with a Star Trek alum. During a scene when Howard (Simon Helberg) has a dream about Katee Sackhoff, producers toyed with the idea of having George Takei do some voice work. "We wrote a line of Howard saying, 'I'm so confused,' and thought it'd be really funny if George Takei said, 'Confused? Perhaps I can help.' " Prady revealed. "How do I say to this guy that he's a possible homosexual fantasy? Finally I said, 'So you know you're gay, right?!' and he said, 'That's news I'll tell my husband!' "

13. Sheldon's Meemaw (his maternal grandmother) could show up. "We've talked about it, and I certainly wouldn't rule it out," Molaro said. "I don't know how she'd feel about Amy."

14. What has Helberg learned from playing the lovable but style-challenged Howard? "I've learned the smallest pants size I can squeeze into!" he joked of Howard's colorful skinny jeans. As for his favorite belt buckle, it's anything that isn't sharp in the southern section that won't stab him when he sits down. "Sitting down is painful!" he joked.

15. When a nerdy fan in the audience asked the cast for dating advice, Cuoco spoke from Leonard and Penny's experience. "Keep knocking on your neighbor's door because eventually she's going to open it," she said to Parsons' immediate disapproval. "That's terrible advice!" he deadpanned.

And someone--Johnny or Simon, maybe?--said something about how you could end up with a restraining order... :)

I always got the impression she started learning how not to be awkward from the girls. Who else would she be learning that from? It can't be her mother because otherwise she would have been like that before befriending the girls. And she would have all sorts of social conventions like Sheldon does. And she most definitely isn't learning it from Sheldon. lol. I thought it was pretty obvious she started becoming less awkward after she began hanging out with them. 

Anyway, what are we meant to take away from the fact that the finale will be "small"? Discuss.

The word "intimate" comes to mind... :)

15. When a nerdy fan in the audience asked the cast for dating advice, Cuoco spoke from Leonard and Penny's experience. "Keep knocking on your neighbor's door because eventually she's going to open it," she said to Parsons' immediate disapproval. "That's terrible advice!" he deadpanned.

I thought that was such a Penny/Sheldon moment they had there. 

• Like 1

I also love the comment by Chuck "We talk about it a lot in the writers room" about Shamy sex. I had this mental image of the writers room being like Fridays Shamy Chat. "Ok... so... what abou that SIK?" and all the writers squealing like fangirls and coming up with ideas.

Then someone walks in and they suddenly stop squealing and look down at their scripts nonchalantly.

"So, it's Friday again. You know what that means, don't yeah?"

"EEP!"

"AAAAHHHH!"

"SHAMY FRIDAYSSSSSS!"

"HELL YES!"

"Okay, okay. Calm down folks. Okay. To start off, it's been a long time since we've had a Shamy episode."

"No way."

"Yes way."

"But.... but how long has it been since the last one?"

"Fish guts. All our other episodes were not really focused on them. Most of the time it's about Sheldon and not much interaction from Amy"

"And she would then just get mentioned."

"We really do need one. ASAP."

"Yeah, and Mayim would need a good episode to submit for the Emmys."

"Hey, Tara."

"Yeah?"

"Got anything?"

"Oooh, the Shamy queen better say somethin' good."

"Hmmm... What about....?"

"What?"

"SIK?"

"EEP!"

"AAAAHHH!"

"akgkjsbjgjkdlfbgfdbkhsfdnhbgkdbnjkdsbgisdnb"

"WE'RE GONNA HAVE IT FOR 6X21????"

"HELL YESSS"

"PLEASE"

"MY DAUGHTER KEEPS ON ASKING ABOUT IT!"

*someone knocks on the door*

"Oops. sorry, is Mr. Reynolds here?"

*everyone looks at their script or toys with pencil*

"No. He's not."

*awkward silence*

"Thanks anyway."

"..."

"Guys, what about the finale?"

"Oooh, ooh! I know! I know! What if..."

"Yes?"

"One night, Sheldon was visiting Amy when he notices the door open and sees her using Gerard!"

"OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDNEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS"

"YESSSSS"

"Please tell he gets pants-happy!"

"YESSSSSSSS"

"OMG"

• Like 3

"So, it's Friday again. You know what that means, don't yeah?"

"EEP!"

"AAAAHHHH!"

"SHAMY FRIDAYSSSSSS!"

"HELL YES!"

"Okay, okay. Calm down folks. Okay. To start off, it's been a long time since we've had a Shamy episode."

"No way."

"Yes way."

"But.... but how long has it been since the last one?"

"Fish guts. All our other episodes were not really focused on them. Most of the time it's about Sheldon and not much interaction from Amy"

"And she would then just get mentioned."

"We really do need one. ASAP."

"Yeah, and Mayim would need a good episode to submit for the Emmys."

"Hey, Tara."

"Yeah?"

"Got anything?"

"Oooh, the Shamy queen better say somethin' good."

"Hmmm... What about....?"

"What?"

"SIK?"

"EEP!"

"AAAAHHH!"

"akgkjsbjgjkdlfbgfdbkhsfdnhbgkdbnjkdsbgisdnb"

"WE'RE GONNA HAVE IT FOR 6X21????"

"HELL YESSS"

"PLEASE"

"MY DAUGHTER KEEPS ON ASKING ABOUT IT!"

*someone knocks on the door*

"Oops. sorry, is Mr. Reynolds here?"

*everyone looks at their script or toys with pencil*

"No. He's not."

*awkward silence*

"Thanks anyway."

"..."

"Guys, what about the finale?"

"Oooh, ooh! I know! I know! What if..."

"Yes?"

"One night, Sheldon was visiting Amy when he notices the door open and sees her using Gerard!"

"OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDNEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS"

"YESSSSS"

"Please tell he gets pants-happy!"

"YESSSSSSSS"

"OMG"

Love that.  You know we've got it bad when we start writing fan fic about the writers' room!  ;)

The writers' room sounds like a really fun place to be.  Would love to be a fly on the wall in there.

More here

Thanks  for the articles Kiru

I think that is good that she's not tries to change him, she tries to help him get free from things that makes him uncomfortable that he wasn't so freak out when something is not going like he wants to. Just like it was in that ep. TWT when he had a big problem when his hair wasn't cut in time. It was hard for him but later he admit that he's hair wasn't cut and nothing terrible was happend. And I think Amy is more trying to help him not to build better boyfriend for herself, but when he will more relaxed, and maybe  he  she will help him to free a little bit from this, and thanks to that he will be more open for her it just a benefit for her.

I understand  that  snail on the back of a turtle because they need more time to figure out how to meet in a half way, but I have feelings, and I don't like it, that it will be dragged to much just like koops said I hope that it wouldn't be like push, push ,push from Amy's side.

And I'm so happy that we will get a lot of Shamy in that ep.

Edited by silverangelD

I have a question. Was there a confirmation that Jim was INDEED going to sing in a future episode?

Oh, and not to kill some hopes and dreams, that photo was from a long time ago, as someone has said.

Edited by jeanalice

Koops, I have to wonder if there wasn't a bit of misunderstanding in the article that talks about Sheldon and Amy (her trying to change him, etc.) because as you have stated, there has not been any evidence of that at all this season.  Sheldon has changed because he himself wants to.  He is the one that stated he is working on getting more used to touch and that coitus is a possibility.  Amy has no knowledge of that even and never pushed him about those things this season.   The only place you might consider her "pushing" was in 6.02 when she held out her hand expecting them to hold hands in the theater, but that wasn't what I call "pushing" even.  

I think sometimes reporters hear one thing and report another (using their own language and spin on things).   So this could be a misquote sort of thing.

I do think they are going to have to make progress or fans are going to say it is becoming too cartoonish and unrealistic for him to say he wants to work on touch and not take any leaps of faith and try to move forward himself.   It shouldn't have to be about Amy pushing him always.  It should be because he wants it.  

I think fans are hoping to see more of the Sheldon wants their relationship movnig forward as well so he does his own small steps to get there.   We know Amy is already way ahead of him and will graciously accept whatever he is willing to give her.    At this point, it really should be about them showing Sheldon wants it.

Jeanalice, yes Jim did say that at the table read that morning, he was supposed to "sing soulfully" in a scene and was going on youtube to learn soulful songs to get an idea how to sing soulfully.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 1

I have a question. Was there a confirmation that Jim was INDEED going to sing in a future episode?

Oh, and not to kill some hopes and dreams, that photo was from a long time ago, as someone has said.

Jim said last night in the interview that the episode they're rehearsing now calls for him to sing "soulfully" and he went to yt to look up how to do that.  Keep in mind, though, that they're very early in rehearsals for that episode and it may change.

Oh--where did they say that?  I guess I missed it.  I'd never seen it before and since it was posted where and when it was, I assumed the person who posted it knew it was from this episode (though, now that I think about it, they only just did the table read yesterday morning... DOH!)

Does anybody follow Mayim on Facebook? Will post a link when I get home

I follow Mayim on Facebook.

And Mayim wrote on her Facebook page: 15 things you didn't know about big bang from

our panel at paleyfest last night...and possibly the best pic of me and

jim parsons looking like BFFs. love that man!

And it's about that picture and article posted by Kiru

bigbangp.jpg

Edited by silverangelD
  • Like 1