The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

I believe he was joking around when he said that. I don't think he meant it would literally be season 10.  He is just being coy and trying to make sure that no one will jump ahead where the writers go.  I think he knows what is planned in the next few episodes and doesn't want to let on about that either.   I suspect we will get a kiss still in this season's finale.

• Like 4

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

Whew OMG I'm on such a rollercoaster right now. Came back to all the Paley goodness after a long hard day, spent 2 hours with the lovely clips and Jim/Mayim moments, one hour with the lovely pictures (especially Jim in that suit), and 2 hours catching up on 8 lovely pages on this thread, interspersed with interviews and spoilers.

Too tired and sleepy to comment, but very happy right now. MaJim/Shamy/y'all are just what the doctor ordered. :wub:

Just watched the episode tonight and I was pleasantly surprised at the human shield thing because Sheldon held onto Amy's arms for a very long time, until she shrugged him away.

Just watched the episode tonight and I was pleasantly surprised at the human shield thing because Sheldon held onto Amy's arms for a very long time, until she shrugged him away.

I keep telling ya'll...Frustrated!Amy is a bubbling over!

I believe he was joking around when he said that. I don't think he meant it would literally be season 10.  He is just being coy and trying to make sure that no one will jump ahead where the writers go.  I think he knows what is planned in the next few episodes and doesn't want to let on about that either.   I suspect we will get a kiss still in this season's finale.

Yes he said it because he wanted to avoid questions about what we will see. It was smart diverting from the topic. I think that we will see hug and the kiss at the end of this season.

Kiru Breezy what do you mean by frustrated Amy is bubbling over? Thank you :)

Mayim said it her self. Amy is FRUSTRATED  with the pace of their relationship. She's generally happy but she is frustrated (as am I tbh) and hence as they say 'she is building a better boyfriend'.

LOL> 

Thanks to all who attended Paley events and reported back!  I love all the details about Jim/Mayim.

Also, I agree with all who want something physical for Amy/Sheldon.  Hell a hug at least! Hahaha

Here is Mayim's quote.

For her part, Amy "is generally frustrated with the slow pace of everything with Sheldon, but I think she's also not terribly troubled by it," Bialik says. "I think she can be frustrated but also be really content and kind of roll with it because it's worth it."

I didn't get that it was because of her quote in this case.  Sheldon was downright rude to her through the whole episode.  He wasn't very kind.   Now, I actually took it the way a couple can behave that live together and love each other but are comfortable enough to have "spats" in front of friends kind of thing, but boy, he needs to show her a little more loving and respect.   Otherwise I am frustrated more than Amy is.   :icon_wink::icon_lol:

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 4

God, this day is such an up and down of emotion. Not sure I like the tone of that interview either. I think we're not getting anything this season now. 

I'd better go to bed before I piss people off. 

It's okay koops!  We all have our ups and downs, thank God we have the forum to visit, to cheer us up, to provide insight and to read updates etc.  Don't feel apprehensive about sharing your thoughts or feelings that's what we all do here. :)

Mayim and Jim were so adorable sitting together for Paleyfest.  I love when girl in audience asked when their characters are going to have sex?  And Jim immediately put his hand on Mayim's knee!  and how he said he can't wait to film those scenes lol.  I ADORE THAT MAN!!  He's such a sweet flirt and I ROTFL in the theater when talked about spanking scene and use the words "SMACKING THAT ASS!"  haha I love whenever Jim or SHeldon says things that sound like something a PIMP would say its just too funny. 

As for new episode.  MEH!  Howard stuff was great, but Sheldon wasn't being very nice to Amy. :icon_neutral:   Using her as human shield, ignoring her to clean the closet and insulting her over the hand holding in the theater.   I know he's quirky and germ phobic and often very selfish, but he was improving slightly and being nicer to her in recent episodes, but last week's episode at end when he ignored how pretty she looked dressed as Snow White and this week his treatment of her nope don't like it!   AT least they're not breaking up or fighting or anything, but I don't want Amy to always be portrayed as some one obessessed with forcing Sheldon to have touch her or have sex with her.  She obviously cares about him WAY beyond that and its one thing for Sheldon to not be ready its another thing for him to make her feel bad for wanting it.  The Amy haters out there always use this kind of stuff to claim why he should be with Penny instead so I don't like it. *sigh*

But, Mayim and Jim at Paley I LOVED!! :wub:  and I love that Jim thinks show should go to season 10 I completely agree with him there.

Edited by Superlovelexi

Just poking this into this thread because it gets so much traffic, and Jim is Shamy-related. :p

Jim's Jimmy Kimmel appearance is repeated tonight.

Kimmel is airing later tonight because of the SEC tournament, but I thought I'd mention it for those who might have missed it last time. :)

What did you guys think of tonight's episode?  Some people in the episode thread thought Sheldon was rude to Amy.  I disagree.  Opinions?  Edit:  I just saw your post, Lexie.  I thought it was sweet that he hid behind her; he knew Howard wasn't mad at her and wouldn't do anything to her.  The movie comment I just got that they're still holding hands in movies and we know he protests too much.  I thought the "Don't" was an intimate cutesy type of sorta-but-not-really fight.

Also, did anyone else have an opinion as to which of the five stories (Sheldon's obviously doesn't count) was the "real" one?

Edited by tmp

Mayim and Jim were so adorable sitting together for Paleyfest.  I love when girl in audience asked when their characters are going to have sex?  And Jim immediately put his hand on Mayim's knee!  and how he said he can't wait to film those scenes lol.  I ADORE THAT MAN!!  He's such a sweet flirt and I ROTFL in the theater when talked about spanking scene and use the words "SMACKING THAT ASS!"  haha I love whenever Jim or SHeldon says things that sound like something a PIMP would say its just too funny. 

As for new episode.  MEH!  Howard stuff was great, but Sheldon wasn't being very nice to Amy. :icon_neutral:   Using her as human shield, ignoring her to clean the closet and insulting her over the hand holding in the theater.   I know he's quirky and germ phobic and often very selfish, but he was improving slightly and being nicer to her in recent episodes, but last week's episode at end when he ignored how pretty she looked dressed as Snow White and this week his treatment of her nope don't like it!   AT least they're not breaking up or fighting or anything, but I don't want Amy to always be portrayed as some one obessessed with forcing Sheldon to have touch her or have sex with her.  She obviously cares about him WAY beyond that and its one thing for Sheldon to not be ready its another thing for him to make her feel bad for wanting it.  The Amy haters out there always use this kind of stuff to claim why he should be with Penny instead so I don't like it.

But, Mayim and Jim at Paley I LOVED!! :wub:

Well I ignore the Amy haters, although I agree it does give them food for fodder.   I don't think they can justify he belongs with Penny though either.   What I don't care for about it is that it demeans Amy. It is as if what makes her happy doesn't matter and it also makes it seem like he is totally uninterested in any physical relationship and then makes the conversation he had with L/P seem like it was one-off.  That is what bothered me the most.  They need to get over that (the writers) about keeping him too much the same.  It will start to wear on the audience.  They have to start showing more forward movement.  I am not talking about an overabundance of physical activity, but they could at least show he is struggling with his desires for her through conversations with others.  It just was rude how he treated her and I am proud of her for sticking up for herself.  

I loved the emotional scene with Howard, but the rest of the show was just "meh" as you said.   We have had a couple of "filler" shows now (and even the press called last week's show filler and probably will call this one that as well, other than for Howard).   I am guessing that is because they are concentrating on putting good stuff in the sweeps shows.  The problem with that logic is that between the fillers and the long waits between airings now, people might find other ways to fill up their time and start tuning out, thus bringing down ratings.  They had better advertise the heck out of the sweeps shows to keep people from being distracted.  Spring is a dangerous time to monkey with audiences.  The weather gets better and work/school gets busier and it is easier to miss watching TV.

• Like 3

What did you guys think of tonight's episode?  Some people in the episode thread thought Sheldon was rude to Amy.  I disagree.  Opinions?

Also, did anyone else have an opinion as to which of the five stories (Sheldon's obviously doesn't count) was the "real" one?

I did think Sheldon was very rude to Amy.  He ignored her (which was okay because she didn't seem to mind that much about that), he belittled their one act of intimacy (hand holding) in front of her friends (which is rude and embarrassing at the same time, making it seem like she forces him into things and that he has no interest in her), and he kept snapping at her every chance he got, plus he used her as the human shield (which was totally ridiculous because he can tower over Howard and no one would have let Howard hit him anyway).   Yes, he was rude and she got annoyed.  She had every right to be annoyed with him.   I was annoyed with him!.  :icon_lol:  I am over it because I realize that Sheldon is frustrated in a way and so he took it out on Amy tonight.  I think he feels more for her than he ever expected and it is bothering him in a way.   He is bothered that she is so important to him.   There was no other explanation because he was downright snappy to her all night long.

I think the stories were all combined to make the "one true" story (well other than Sheldon's).   I think there was a card, there was a note about him going to Howard's HS graduation, there was the picture of the day he was born, etc. all in the card).  That is my best guess.  

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 5

Why did they feel the need to have Sheldon mention the hand holding during movies this episode? It didn't seem to serve any purpose and was just mean. I thought he was having a growing attachment (like Jim said in the interview) and with that came a desire or a possible desire to be close to her. He already admitted he is working on his touch issues...so why have him harp on the hand holding...if he is working on it, afterall? And then he ignored her the rest of the episode, only touching her to use her as a human shield. While I did enjoy that he touched her and didn't let go when he did so, I felt the same way as Amy in the end when she, disgusted, shrugs him away. Don't get me wrong, you know I love the Shamy. It is time for Sheldon to step up for the sake of the relationship, the show and clearly fans, who directed so many questions to Jim/Mayim, want some progression. Who wrote this episode again? The Howard storyline was nice. Apparently some passerby stopped in to write the Shamy moments.

Okay, I'm done venting. 

• Like 3

I did think Sheldon was very rude to Amy.  He ignored her (which was okay because she didn't seem to mind that much about that), he belittled their one act of intimacy (hand holding) in front of her friends (which is rude and embarrassing at the same time, making it seem like she forces him into things and that he has no interest in her), and he kept snapping at her every chance he got, plus he used her as the human shield (which was totally ridiculous because he can tower over Howard and no one would have let Howard hit him anyway).   Yes, he was rude and she got annoyed.  She had every right to be annoyed with him.   I was annoyed with him!.  :icon_lol:  I am over it because I realize that Sheldon is frustrated in a way and so he took it out on Amy tonight.  I think he feels more for her than he ever expected and it is bothering him in a way.   He is bothered that she is so important to him.   There was no other explanation because he was downright snappy to her all night long.

I think the stories were all combined to make the "one true" story (well other than Sheldon's).   I think there was a card, there was a note about him going to Howard's HS graduation, there was the picture of the day he was born, etc. all in the card).  That is my best guess.  

I also thought that bit about hand holding was quite rude.  Maybe Amy wasn't too embarrased about it because the others already know Sheldon can say inappropriate things. I was kind of shocked to hear him say it though.  I hope there are some amourous moments between those two before any kissing or what not.  I want to see on screen Sheldon infatuation of Amy.

Besides Sheldon story, I think there was a little bit of all their stories in the letter.  I liked how Bernie's voice broke a little when she told hers.

Edited by ShamyFTW

If they show Sheldon fighting growing feelings, working up the courage to initiate more physical contact with Amy, this episode may not have been for nothing. It could show the angst leading to some admission on his part. I feel like these are big "ifs" right now. Someone, please, prove me wrong!

I have mixed feelings about what came out in the interviews.  Jim said there would be no "kissing on a couch" for a long time; does that mean he knows there's no kiss this season?  What really bothers me is what Bill Prady said, which is that Amy is progressing through adolescence while Sheldon is trying to stay the same.  That sounds like Amy and Sheldon are moving apart.  On the other hand, they're "getting more attached" and Chuck Lorre said he and the other writers like seeing the relationship grow.  The combination of Jim's comments makes it sound like maybe there will be an ILY but no (or very minimal) physical contact.

Bottom line:  I'm cautiously optimistic but reserving judgment until we see what happens in the rest of the season.  Let's just don't all be devastated if we don't get what we want.  Someday we'll see that SIK, whether "someday" is this season or later.

• Like 2