The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Just saw some of the episode and when I first saw the comment he made to Amy about pawing him it annoyed me but then I watched it again and Amy didn't seem bothered by it so I'm OK with it and even though they did not have alone time I think that's OK for them, they are both secure enough within the relationship to not have it bother them

Edited by rachygd

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

I have mixed feelings about what came out in the interviews.  Jim said there would be no "kissing on a couch" for a long time; does that mean he knows there's no kiss this season?  What really bothers me is what Bill Prady said, which is that Amy is progressing through adolescence while Sheldon is trying to stay the same.  That sounds like Amy and Sheldon are moving apart.  On the other hand, they're "getting more attached" and Chuck Lorre said he and the other writers like seeing the relationship grow.  The combination of Jim's comments makes it sound like maybe there will be an ILY but no (or very minimal) physical contact.

Bottom line:  I'm cautiously optimistic but reserving judgment until we see what happens in the rest of the season.  Let's just don't all be devastated if we don't get what we want.  Someday we'll see that SIK, whether "someday" is this season or later.

Thanks for talking me down. I'm now watching the paleyfest to brighten my mood. So far, it is working :)

I was surprised and initially taken aback by Sheldon's hand-holding comment, but now that I've had some time to think about it, I don't think we should fret about this transparent attempt by the writers to preserve the "original" character. This is what they do, and we have to just accept it. Every time Sheldon makes a little progress, it's followed by a period of regression, then they surprise us with something profoundly sweet and unique. Yes, Sheldon is "working on" his issues with physical touch, but he's still at his core a germaphobe with the emotional maturity of an adolescent boy....so he's still going to gripe about holding hands even if deep down - maybe - he's starting to dislike it less and less. I'm not worried and I believe Sheldon and Amy are solid. All of the couples bicker; if they didn't, it wouldn't be funny.

All that said, I agree with others who have said that we need to try not to be devastated if there's no SIK this season. If there isn't, we can at least expect something that strengthens Shamy as a couple, peels back Sheldon's layers a bit more, reveals how he's feeling to a greater extent, etc.

Edited by Retroluv
  • Like 2

I think the writers though have to think about the fact that fans know that Amy has initiated two kisses in the past with Sheldon and he had no problem with either of them.   Now they are more emotionally entangled than they were when both of those kisses took place.  Now they are attached to each other (I believe both are in love with each other), and so it is a bit unrealistic to think he has gone nearly a whole year from their 2nd anniversary and not given her one kiss (even if initiated by her).   So I do think they need to start stepping up the plate a bit more in their movement of these two.  I doubt it is going to happen and would actually be shocked if it did, given everything that has transpired the last two days between the panel info and interviews as well as this episode, but that I find is disheartening because so many of us have waited all season expecting it.   So it sort of diminishes a lot of the progress made earlier this season just to end up with so little.   They had better make it beyond super good at this point because right now I am not sure we are going to see that much strengthening.

• Like 5

Just about to watch the ep, I was hoping it would make me feel better after last night, but it sounds like it won't. I literally was on a high last morning and as the articles and the interviews started popping out I really did crash. And from the sounds of it this episode will make me even angrier.

I do wonder whether we've completely misinterpreted everything right now. What I gather from the majority of the comments that were made yesterday, off stage, it seems like they are at a fork in the road with the Shamy and they are taking the Amy vs Sheldon one, instead of the Amy and Sheldon one. Like I say many times, it's their story, so they can take it wherever they want, and I'm sure there will be people digging the tension and the push-and-pull. But I'm most definitely not one of them. I think they do have a chance to do something unique with this couple, and have them grow together, but I get the sense now that think there's a lot more comedy value in Sheldon dragging his feet and being "Sheldon" while Amy gets frustrated with him like a normal human being would. Which is something that isn't appealing to me at all. 

I hope to be proven wrong, but when I said we might not get anything this season at all I wasn't talking about a SIK, I was talking in general. The reason I get upset by Jim's comments the most is that he always seemed the one with the best grasp on Sheldon, and the fact that he seems to be under the impression that it will take AGES to even see them kiss on a couch does not bode well for all our nice scenarios of internal growth about to burst forth and sweep Amy off her feet. 

• Like 1

Just about to watch the ep, I was hoping it would make me feel better after last night, but it sounds like it won't. I literally was on a high last morning and as the articles and the interviews started popping out I really did crash. And from the sounds of it this episode will make me even angrier.

I do wonder whether we've completely misinterpreted everything right now. What I gather from the majority of the comments that were made yesterday, off stage, it seems like they are at a fork in the road with the Shamy and they are taking the Amy vs Sheldon one, instead of the Amy and Sheldon one. Like I say many times, it's their story, so they can take it wherever they want, and I'm sure there will be people digging the tension and the push-and-pull. But I'm most definitely not one of them. I think they do have a chance to do something unique with this couple, and have them grow together, but I get the sense now that think there's a lot more comedy value in Sheldon dragging his feet and being "Sheldon" while Amy gets frustrated with him like a normal human being would. Which is something that isn't appealing to me at all. 

I hope to be proven wrong, but when I said we might not get anything this season at all I wasn't talking about a SIK, I was talking in general. The reason I get upset by Jim's comments the most is that he always seemed the one with the best grasp on Sheldon, and the fact that he seems to be under the impression that it will take AGES to even see them kiss on a couch does not bode well for all our nice scenarios of internal growth about to burst forth and sweep Amy off her feet. 

I agree and if they go that route, I don't think they will have viewers still routing by Season 10.  People will tire of the same old stint.  The reason everyone loved this season is we were seeing real growth in Sheldon, up until this episode that aired tonight. He was back to be selfish, childish and not at all the "man" we had been watching him grow into.   I am sure they will always have some viewers that will support that route (Amy vs. Sheldon) but I truly believe it is the "growing together" that people were hoping to see and where they were going. 

Maybe it was because the writers don't seem to agree.  We had Prady and Lorre make it sound like they would grow together and then Molaro talk about Sheldon not wanting to change and stay status quo and Amy wanting to move forward.  So it seems like they are not in agreement at the helm and that is going to be dangerous if they don't get that sorted out.  

It was clear from the questions sent in and in the live audience that Shamy are popular and everyone really loved this season in particular.   So why they sounded like they are back-tracking is beyond me.   But compared to 6.14, 6.15 and 6.16, we saw a Sheldon that was much more reminiscent of Season 2 tonight.

• Like 2

Maybe Jim doesn't know what the writers have in store foe the shamy but I hope its Amy and Sheldon not AvS, they have built up something really special with them and it would be a shame to go down the angsty route, am inclined to go with what Chuck said during the q&a session that they can't say which to me sounds like they are planning something good

Edited by rachygd

Well, I'd only planned on going spoiler-free for sweeps because I wanted to be surprised by all the Shamy goodness. I'm still hoping there will be some, being the romantic I am. If not, what was the point of the all the talk of progression and Sheldon manning up this season??

Wow, it's gotten pretty gloomy in here. :(

I just think we need to be patient and go with the flow at this point or we're going to go crazy. Jim's comment was hyperbolic and I felt like he was really reacting to the question re making it to the bedroom; he used the "kiss on the couch" scenario to make his point. But he also stated quite emphatically that Sheldon and Amy are becoming increasingly attached to each other. Bottom line is that this ship is going to move slowly (pun intended), which we already knew. Of course, I can understand not liking the give-and-take theme of the relationship, but if TPTB are going that route indefinitely, I for one would rather enjoy the cute, sincere moments and sporadic growth spurts as much as possible and just roll my eyes at the rest. That's really all we can do.

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand the need to vent. ;) I just don't think it's time to throw out the baby with the bath water just yet. I believe with all my Shamy-loving little heart that there's more great stuff to come for this couple. The writers, producers and actors are all rooting for their continued growth; that's half the battle.

ETA: I didn't get the impression that Molaro wasnt on board with the others re Sheldon and Amy growing together. He was addressing the issue of how they have each dealt with the onset of "delayed adolescence" in different ways: Amy is taking the growing pains in stride, while Sheldon is struggling to accept real change for the first time in his life. It's ok for them to be different in this way. I don't think Sheldon will wake up one day and suddenly be capable of embracing everything that has terrified him for so long. It's going to be a struggle that Amy will help him through (notice I didn't say "push him through" ;)).

Edited by Retroluv
  • Like 3

I agree and if they go that route, I don't think they will have viewers still routing by Season 10.  People will tire of the same old stint.  The reason everyone loved this season is we were seeing real growth in Sheldon, up until this episode that aired tonight. He was back to be selfish, childish and not at all the "man" we had been watching him grow into.   I am sure they will always have some viewers that will support that route (Amy vs. Sheldon) but I truly believe it is the "growing together" that people were hoping to see and where they were going. 

Maybe it was because the writers don't seem to agree.  We had Prady and Lorre make it sound like they would grow together and then Molaro talk about Sheldon not wanting to change and stay status quo and Amy wanting to move forward.  So it seems like they are not in agreement at the helm and that is going to be dangerous if they don't get that sorted out.  

It was clear from the questions sent in and in the live audience that Shamy are popular and everyone really loved this season in particular.   So why they sounded like they are back-tracking is beyond me.   But compared to 6.14, 6.15 and 6.16, we saw a Sheldon that was much more reminiscent of Season 2 tonight.

I just watched it, and I was surprised at how annoyed I was at Sheldon, not even necessarily for his interaction with Amy! Yes, that put a damper on things too, but he was really annoying throughout the show tonight. I thought it was a pretty clear example of how Sheldon would have been all the time if Amy hadn't come along. You know when people complain that they wanted him to stay the same because that's how the show works best? Well, here you have it. You have one poignant emotional scene with Howard, his friends doing something so nice and touching for him, and Sheldon is the cartoonish character used to infuse humor into the scene. It made him come across like the insensitive ass we all know he is. He whined and bitched the whole episode and then we had the reappearance of my least favorite Sheldon: child-Sheldon. 

Now, as far as the interactions with Amy. I didn't find it to be rude per se. But, again, I do feel like it's taking everything that was build up up to 6x16 and stomping all over it. He is "working on it" and yet belittles her like that about holding hands in the cinema, almost a year after he willingly grabbed her hand? What was the point in that comment, especially the way it was delivered with the "pawing at me" line, if not to show that Amy's craving affection that he isn't willing to give her? I was talking the other day (maybe on the other forum) about how they don't need to necessarily *show* progress per se but little mentions about physical touch off screen would be great too. That's not the way I envisioned it though! 

I am going to wait until we read the reports of the last few eps because there might be a sudden 180, if we have Amy become increasingly frustrated, where Sheldon reveals he's actually been struggling with his emotions and that's why he's so snappy. But if we don't get any indication of that then I have to assume we are on a course of Amy just being normal and Sheldon being Sheldon for a long time. Again, some people will dig it, but what attracted me to this relationship was the fact that these were two unique Homo Novuses that found each other and learned to navigate a relationship their own way. I just get this vibe that as much as Sheldon may love her he now looks down on her like she's just a regular person. One that is special to him, and "gets him", but still just a Homo Sapiens. 

Edited by koops

But if we don't get any indication of that then I have to assume we are on a course of Amy just being normal and Sheldon being Sheldon for a long time. Again, some people will dig it, but what attracted me to this relationship was the fact that these were two unique Homo Novuses that found each other and learned to navigate a relationship their own way. I just get this vibe that as much as Sheldon may love her he now looks down on her like she's just a regular  person. One that is special to him, and "gets him", but still just a Homo Sapiens.

See that is what I am concerned about...that they are starting to "normalize" Amy too much and keep Sheldon, Sheldon.   So they are no longer the couple they started out being...one that would go their own path.  I hope I am wrong.  I am still holding on to Chuck's comment and Jim's comment about them increasing their attraction to each other and hope that they get them back on track.  Tonight, Sheldon was back to as I said, a Season 2 Sheldon, not a Season 6 version that had grown up to mature and start to show us he could be a man.  The child-like Sheldon was especially annoying for some reason to me.   It was off-putting.

I will admit that I wonder if I wasn't even more disappointed in it because after watching MaJim's interactions last night...they were so much what we want to see in Shamy.   MaJim were so loving and adorable and then we got this snarky Sheldon that was selfish and child like tonight and snapping at Amy and insulting their only form of intimacy they have been able to share this season.  It was just hurtful as a fan to watch.

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 3

I've been worried about them normalizing Amy too much for a long time but every time I bring it up I get told I overanalyze it and that they've done that in S4 and they need new stuff now. Which is partly true. But you need reminders here and there of WHY these two are together. Because if you took last night episode, it makes you really wonder: why? You know what was the part that really made me sad? Amy sitting on the couch being in synch with Raj with their little head thing as they listened to music while Sheldon is off tidying up Penny's closet. It's like she has a child that goes off to play at dinner parties while she hangs out with the grown-ups. Again, it's Sheldon. I get it that he doesn't like this kind of parties and it's humorous that he spends all of them tidying up closets. But, TO ME, the Amy that was meant to be with him woud be in that closet tidying it up with him. 

Edited by koops

I actually thought it was really cool that Sheldon came up with and presented the "1 truth out of 5" idea...even if he botched his part in the end. And I liked Amy's sincere contribution; it's clear that she had empathy for Howard.

• Like 1

I've been worried about them normalizing Amy too much for a long time but every time I bring it up I get told I overanalyze it and that they've done that in S4 and they need new stuff now. Which is partly true. But you need reminders here and there of WHY these two are together. Because if you took last night episode, it makes you really wonder: why? You know what was the part that really made me sad? Amy sitting on the couch being in synch with Raj with their little head thing as they listened to music while Sheldon is off tidying up Penny's closet. It's like she has a child that goes off to play at dinner parties while she hangs out with the grown-ups. Again, it's Sheldon. I get it that he doesn't like this kind of parties and it's humorous that he spends all of them tidying up closets. But, TO ME, the Amy that was meant to be with him woud be in that closet tidying it up with him. 

BINGO!  That is exactly what I was expecting her to do...go and help him.  I really expected her to stick around with the gang a little at first and then go off and see if she could help Sheldon.   But they had her just happy as a clam while he was off "playing" clean-up in the closet.   I could handle that even if he had not been so snarky to her all night.  He complained about being there and his plaid suit, he complained about the hand-holding and accused her of pawing him (which really upset me the most probably of the whole night), he just seemed to snap at her over and over again.  It was not a wonder that she was so annoyed with him for using her as a human shield.  He treated her terrible the whole evening.   Now she didn't act that upset about it and just sort of shrugged the whole evening off, but she should have had to.  

Where is the Sheldon that was upset when Amy went off to go look at magazines with the girls instead of stay with he and the guys in Season 5?  He always liked her with him and it was like he was happy as a clam in the closet without her and when he was with her snapping at her (like he really didn't want her around or something).  It was off-putting.

I loved the whole Howard/Bernadette part of the story and even enjoyed the fact Penny agreed to co-host a party with Leonard, but I didn't care for the whole Shamy part of this episode.   For those that feel there is no chemistry and they are all wrong for each other, tonight was pure fodder for those folks.     I don't mind angst if there is a reason for it and it draws a couple closer, but this wasn't even really angst, it was just annoying.

• Like 3

Aww, how adorable would it have been if Amy had been helping Sheldon organize? Them bonding more over the right way to categorize, etc. Them just getting each other...ahh. You're right - that would have been so refreshing and sweet. The thought of Amy helping Sheldon in an upcoming episode makes me happy, but considering she is supposed to be helping him with one of his "quirks" (those she's supposed to love) and seemingly trying to normalize him, I'm a little apprehensive. Of course, I don't want to be a downer and it could be really great when the episode plays out on screen. So, I need to not jump to conclusions.

But, TO ME, the Amy that was meant to be with him woud be in that closet tidying it up with him.

I agree. It would have been cute and still IC. I wouldn't like it if they turned Shamy into a creepy mother/child couple where Amy is the grown-up in every situation. I love it when they're weird and quirky together. :)

Aww, how adorable would it have been if Amy had been helping Sheldon organize? Them bonding more over the right way to categorize, etc. Them just getting each other...ahh. You're right - that would have been so refreshing and sweet. The thought of Amy helping Sheldon in an upcoming episode makes me happy, but considering she is supposed to be helping him with one of his "quirks" (those she's supposed to love) and seemingly trying to normalize him, I'm a little apprehensive. Of course, I don't want to be a downer and it could be really great when the episode plays out on screen. So, I need to not jump to conclusions.

Yes and no about the new episode. It depends on how it plays out. From the sounds of it, it could be that Sheldon's getting insomnia or something by not being able to sleep if he has stuff unfinished. In which case, her helping him change a bit makes sense. As much as it is a desirable trait not to leave stuff unfinished, if you can't rest and you're constantly on the edge, it's bad for you (believe me, I know!). But it struck me that Jim said he thought while it is sweet of her to try and help him, it's actually a good trait to have. From that, it could be that, like you say, she's just trying to uncondition one of his quirks. Which will be cute and endearing, I'm sure, but, again, drives it home that Sheldon is the weird one.

Where is the Sheldon that was upset when Amy went off to go look at magazines with the girls instead of stay with he and the guys in Season 5?  He always liked her with him and it was like he was happy as a clam in the closet without her and when he was with her snapping at her (like he really didn't want her around or something).  It was off-putting.

Exactly Stardust. And add to that the fact that in the next episode we might or might not get a line about him finding their Date Nights tedious. I just feel like these three eps have really slapped us across the face a bit with these scenes: the princess thing, I got, and I explained away, and it made sense. But when you then reconsider that in the light of this one and what might be coming next, it becomes a pattern. 

Again, I'll keep saying this because I don't want to sound like I think the writers should write the show the way I want it. They can do whatever they want, they made no promise ever that Amy wasn't going to become "normal", just like they didn't make any promise to the purists that Sheldon was going to be and stay "asexual". If that's the way they want to go I'd be disappointed (already sort of am).

I agree. It would have been cute and still IC. I wouldn't like it if they turned Shamy into a creepy mother/child couple where Amy is the grown-up in every situation. I love it when they're weird and quirky together.

Can you imagine them tidying up Penny's closet and finding her "battery operated chew toy" together? LOL! 
Edited by koops

This talk makes me way more sad than it probably should.

I agree koops that that moment with Amy/Raj was none to pleasing to me.  Its disheartening.

Here goes my rant...I genuinely believe that they do these sort of episodes where Sheldon almost completely ignores the "supposed progress" he made just so the creators can play both sides of the viewers. They don't want to own the Shamy relationship yet it seems. They want to not let their Shenny/Single Sheldons fans leave out of frustration, so they show them these episodes every once in awhile where Sheldon is a brat to Amy and/or Amy seemily more pleased to be with another guy. Then they show us Shamy fans later episodes where supposedly he's "working on it". Its confusing frankly. I wish they would let that go and make an honest man out of Sheldon to Amy. It's time these creators work harder to find the comedy between the Shamy. Alright, I'm done.

Edited by GothicTexan123
  • Like 3

You know, I'd like to say that I appreciate that in this thread we are free to gush about this couple and also be critical of the writing/show/characters. It's just nice to have a place to voice your feelings even when everything isn't all sunshine and rainbows...and, of course when the show is full of gushable moments and progression.

**and with that I say goodnight lovely Shamy shippers! Sweet dreams! Oh and speaking of dreams I had one the other night where someone from here went to the taping of one of the last season 6 episodes and reported back saying "I saw the kiss and omg, you guys are going to be so, so happy" in regards to a Shamy kiss. Here's hoping there's a chance that could come true.  :)

Edited by shamylove
  • Like 2

This talk makes me way more sad than it probably should.

I agree koops that that moment with Amy/Raj was none to pleasing to me.  Its disheartening.

Here goes my rant...I genuinely believe that they do these sort of episodes where Sheldon almost completely ignores the "supposed progress" he made just so the creators can play both sides of the viewers. They don't want to own the Shamy relationship yet it seems. They want to not let their Shenny/Single Sheldons fans leave out of frustration, so they show them these episodes ever once in awhile where Sheldon is a brat to Amy and/or Amy seemily more pleased to be with another guy. Then they show us Shamy fans later episodes where supposedly he's "working on it". Its confusing frankly. I wish they would let that go and make an honest man out of Sheldon to Amy. It's time these creators work harder to find the comedy between the Shamy. Alright, I'm done.

I didn't take Amy on the couch with Raj as indication of the fact that she's happier with another guy at all. I thought it was actually very cute in a friendly kind of way. But it just highlighted the fact that, for all intents and purposes, Amy has "grown up" and enjoys grown up stuff now whereas Sheldon is stuck in the closet (pun intended!). Like I said about the pattern before: I can tell myself over and over again that Amy isn't "normal" and that she's still like Sheldon at the end of the day and that they're just showing a different side of her now because showing the same thing over and over gets repetitive. But when her "normal" side is ALL they show, with the exception of that "Dogboy" line in 6x15, then it becomes a pattern and what am I meant to take from that?

I really appreciate that we can exchange ideas about this, although I know it is annoying to come on here for fun and light-hearted conversation and find rants. But it really bothers me and it's not like I can go talk to people in RL about this.  :icon_lol:

eta: Oh, and I thought the way Amy shrugged him off when he grabbed her was BRILLIANT. To me it spoke volumes. First you have him belittle him for wanting to hold hands with him in the theater, but when it suits HIM then he's all fine with touching her. Amy was so right to be annoyed there.

Edited by koops
  • Like 1

Ha everytime I say I agree with someone on here it seems I misinterpreted it haha aw well.

But yeah I see what you saying koops now. I didn't translate what I meant to say all too well reading it over now, but that's more along the lines of what I meant. Her character seems to not be in line with Sheldon as she once was in some of this seasons episodes, and now finds other "normal" guys/peoples comfort more suitable for her than Sheldon. Sometimes I don't say things right...

It would just be a travesty to "normalize" Amy, same as it would be if they did that to Sheldon. Their uniqueness both individually and as a pairing is what makes them loved. Please don't, please don't.

But I meant when I said about believing that they are playing both sides.

Yes, it it is nice that we can share our excited AND angsty moments with good people on here :)

Edited by GothicTexan123
  • Like 1

I dunno.  I didn't find it that troublesome and I'm not sure why.

I guess I saw Sheldon's lines as the comic relief in an otherwise serious episode.  Raj had a few funny lines, but they left most of that to Sheldon, playing off of his OCD or whatever with the closet work.

Yes, perhaps it was something of a regression, in a way, but I don't think it was meant to be a big sign that he doesn't want to be with Amy or whatever.

Even the hand-holding/pawing thing didn't bother me--it struck me almost like an married couple gripe, like when a man complains that his wife makes him hold her purse while she's trying on clothes or something.  And I loved his pirate story, something really silly following on the heels of his complicated explanation of what they were going to do in telling him the different "truths".  I think, in his funny, childish way he thought his pirate story was somehow plausible, or it was the only story he could come up with (not wanting to say what was really in the letter, maybe, and not really being able to come up with a plausible story the way the others were, he draws on what he knows--movies), and obviously he must have run it by Amy and she had already told him it wouldn't work, which is why he was shushing her.  It reminded me of the way Sheldon shushed Leonard (about calling "dibs") in the ep about getting that old guy's office.

If you want to look at it more closely, you could say that although she clearly admires his organizing quirk, she still wants to be sociable.  Though she isn't in the closet with him, she "loves him more" for the quirk.  She's always going to be more social than him because that's how she ended up growing as a person once she started hanging out with Penny.  She wanted a social life and now that she has one, she wants to participate.

Sheldon, on the other hand, doesn't care about being in the party.  He wants the relationship with Amy (he just made her his EC), but he's still struggling with the parameters.  Even if he's supposed to be working on his issues, he still has them, and when pressed (like dealing with "rules") he's likely to bring up the issues.

I don't think it means anything in the big picture, really.

Perhaps it's annoying when we get these kinds of lines--like Sheldon saying he may have to cut Amy loose whenever she does something he perceives as counterproductive to his goals, like with Steven Hawking--but in the long run, I don't think the writers mean them to be indicative of what's really going on with him, because then they go and have him do something like in the V-Day episode.

And I think that they can weather being annoyed with each other for one thing or another because in the end they really are connected.  I think that the writers kind of do want to have their cake and eat it too in terms of how they write such things, because Sheldon is often the source of comic relief or the source of the funniest or more outrageous comedy--like his comments in the Egg Salad episode.  They do kind of push and pull Sheldon in order to get the comedy, but underneath all of that, I think there is still the intention of having him and Amy getting closer--again, the snail on the back of the turtle.  Three steps forward, two steps back.

Now, this may indeed mean that they aren't going to get to the SIK or any other kind of Shamy Kiss before the end of the season, but I can't believe that they won't do something big between them for sweeps.  It may be that Amy feels the need to put her foot down--not to force a kiss out of him, or another Spiderman quote, but to make him settle down and think hard about what he wants from her, or what she needs from him.

But again, I didn't find Sheldon's behavior tonight to be any big indicator of the big picture of the relationship.

YMMV

• Like 6