The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

Vasu is a she. I would have taken a signature bet on a S/A break-up a month ago before 2 1/2 Men had problems  but with Molaro's quote it's obviously too late;-) Though he's being quite ambiguous so I don't think there is any reciprocal romance around the corner for them. I do hope they develop Amy's character this spring, have her interact with others...

Ahh, my apologies Vasu! Yeah, I really do hope they can explore Amy some more, I find her really hilarious but perhaps we could discover some of the fuel for her night terrors? :p Who knows? Also, I'm willing to bet that there will definitely be some reciprocal romance to keep these two together ;)

Vasu is a she. I would have taken a signature bet on a S/A break-up a month ago before 2 1/2 Men had problems  but with Molaro's quote it's obviously too late;-) Though he's being quite ambiguous so I don't think there is any reciprocal romance around the corner for them. I do hope they develop Amy's character this spring, have her interact with others...

I am a HE  :)

Ahh, my apologies Vasu! Yeah, I really do hope they can explore Amy some more, I find her really hilarious but perhaps we could discover some of the fuel for her night terrors? :p Who knows? Also, I'm willing to bet that there will definitely be some reciprocal romance to keep these two together ;)

We are good.. .. and no need to apologize  ;)

Edited by vasu

All of you have a Happy New Year! I'll be going to my local Yardhouse restaurant tonight with some friends to enjoy a few (or more than a few) of my favorite martinis. LOL. 

Monique

The thing is

- Sheldon assumes that what ever thing he does is right/best and he assumes that everyone would like that......In the Tiara case Amy liked it in a way that he did'nt even expect.... as simple as that
- Similarly the cooper coupons -- he thought both Penny and Amy would like but only Amy liked it....So these things no way prove that he subconsciously knew that  Amy especially would like all these things...
These things imply that they both have kind of similar tastes and opinions and see things in the same way....but this fact is kind of diminishing in this season as mostly every episode has shown them seeing things in a different way or liking different things

Ep - 1 -- The idea of a date night
Ep - 2 -- Sheldon not liking hand-holding and Amy liking it
Ep - 3 -- Amy thinking that her new looks might lead to Phone-sex ( I don't know what Phone-sex is :p) but clearly Sheldon would not have thought like that
Ep - 4 -- Amy not understanding any of Sheldon's clues(she was as clueless as Leonard and Penny were). I never thought about this until some of you pointed this out  ;)
Ep - 5 -- They both had entirely different opinions on what costumes to wear for the party , and Amy does not like star wars 
Ep - 6 -- Sheldon not understanding what Amy meant by the Testosterone level comment
Ep - 7 -- Sheldon had no issues with Wil's or Levar's acting where as Amy was clearly not impressed
Ep - 8 -- No Amy
Ep - 9  -- It was not clear what Amy had expected out of Sheldon when she showed him her waxing , so I'm not sure  :blush:
Ep - 10 - Most of the  episode was about them interpreting the same things in the exact opposite way
Ep - 11 - Both wanted to play D&D -- but I don't think Sheldon would have thought about cheating on their partners 

I am glad vasu that you know more than writers and directors about the characters. I think you are being very presumptuous to assume you know more than they do since they create the show.  I respect you having an opinion, but to say you know more than what the people associated with the show know about it is naive on your part.   Mayim is bound to know a lot more than you know being she sits with the cast, producers, writers and directors each week as they has these out.  They know exactly what the character is thinking and their motivations.   So if you think you know more than them, great.  You are welcome to your opinion.   But again, you come across as naive if you really believe that.  

Now whether the acting portrayed it to your satisfaction to what they were trying to achieve is another thing.  You are welcome to opine on that. However, to belittle Mayim's comment and say you know what they are doing without listening to her comment is a cheap-shot.   It is as if you are totally disrespecting her as a gifted and well respected talent, as well as an extremely intelligent woman.   For that, I too take offense.   Since she basically told you that Sheldon knew Amy...you should listen instead of act as if you know more than her. Or perhaps that is the point..maybe you are just against women having knowledge of anything.

Oh, friggety frak. Not this again.    :wacko:  :wacko:

Now, I assumed you were a he from the beginning but then I've seen a few people refer to you as a girl so I was confused. LOL.

Monique

Yeah If I remember correctly we even chatted in the beginning where I introduced myself... I'm also confused why some people thought I was a girl  :icon_biggrin:  :icon_biggrin:

Does the name vasu sound like a girl's name??   Here in India its a guy's name :)

Oh gosh my apologies Vasu ! :icon_redface: & happy new year

No need to apologize .... it was just a misunderstanding 

Happy new year to you too   :)

I agree with you that he didn't mean anything positive by the smile he gave Raj, but I think the one he gave Amy was different, he had positive intentions but struggled to show them. It's clear, however, that we merely have a different interpretation of this scene, so I think we'll struggle to change each other's minds! xD

I don't think there was anything left for us to interpret in that scene as it was clearly implied that his apology was fake.  His apology in the lab episode...now , that was genuine , and here he was clearly able to show his intentions :)

Edited by vasu

Yeah If I remember correctly we even chatted in the beginning where I introduced myself... I'm also confused why some people thought I was a girl   :icon_biggrin:   :icon_biggrin:

Does the name vasu sound like a girl's name??   Here in India its a guy's name  :)

Yes, I remember. Actually, often times I can guess if someone's a guy simply by the more masculine writing style. I usually am pretty good with that but then again, some people are tricky. LOL.  So with you, it was a good guess. LOL.

Monique

• Like 1

It's always interesting how people can look at the same story and get such different messages from it.  Vasu, I respect your opinion and you make a good argument, but I see it differently.  I see a guy who is uncomfortable in social interactions who enjoys Amy's company enough that he actively sought it out and eventually formed an emotional attachment to her.  Relationships are not easy for him but he cares enough about her that he repeatedly does things outside his comfort zone like cuddling or saying something romantic to try to meet her needs.  No couple are in 100% agreement on everything, which is why relationships must be negotiated, regardless of how much the partners have in common.  However, S/A are written to be misfits in much the same way, and they have connected.  It is shown that they are smitten with each other and working to adjust to being in a new relationship, which is a first for both of them.  They do "get" each other in a way that others wouldn't, but just like any couple there are times when compromises must be reached and misunderstandings must me ironed out.  That's just my opinion, and again I respect yours as well.

In typing this out, I realize that my own relationship is shaping my perspective on S/A.  I've been married for five years to my wonderful husband.  For both of us, it was our first real relationship despite the fact that we were both in our 30s when we met.  There are certainly ways we are different and have had to learn to understand, accept, and compromise where we differ, but it makes us no less well-suited for each other.  Like S/A, I think we are compatible with each other in a way that probably no one else would be.

• Like 2

Leonard: Sometimes with women you want to listen to what upsets them and then show them that you can grow and change.

Sheldon: Nuts to that. What else you got?
Leonard: I don’t know what to tell you. Buy her something.
Sheldon: How does that work?
Leonard: Well, you skip over any attempt to repair your emotional connection and you win back her affection with an empty financial gesture.
Sheldon: Well, that approach has Sheldon Cooper written all over it.

This is the bare minimum I was talking about which Sheldon was trying 

Penny: Okay, Amy just told you some exciting news, and you acted like it was no big deal.

Sheldon: Oh, I see why you’re confused. No, her news sounded important, but what you’re forgetting is, it was an achievement in the field of biology. That’s all about yucky, squishy things.
Penny: Honey, she’s upset. You’re her boyfriend. You have to at least try to be excited by the things she’s excited by.
Sheldon: What if they simply don’t excite me?
Penny: Well, just smile and think about koalas.
Sheldon: She’d see right through that. We go to the zoo all the time. She knows my koala face. And for future reference, it’s this.

And this is the fake apology I am talking about . This is the reason why he said to Penny "I told you" after Amy caught his Koala face 

In typing this out, I realize that my own relationship is shaping my perspective on S/A.  I've been married for five years to my wonderful husband.  For both of us, it was our first real relationship despite the fact that we were both in our 30s when we met.  There are certainly ways we are different and have had to learn to understand, accept, and compromise where we differ, but it makes us no less well-suited for each other.  Like S/A, I think we are compatible with each other in a way that probably no one else would be.

That's super adorable! :D Best wishes to you both. I hope to have what you have someday :p

And Vasu, I have no doubt that Sheldon still didn't really care much for Amy's yucky, squishy accomplishment, but I still can't deny that the tiara came from a subconcious understanding of her, and that he really wanted to show he was sorry, even with a fake smile.

The thing is

- Sheldon assumes that what ever thing he does is right/best and he assumes that everyone would like that......In the Tiara case Amy liked it in a way that he did'nt even expect.... as simple as that
- Similarly the cooper coupons -- he thought both Penny and Amy would like but only Amy liked it....So these things no way prove that he subconsciously knew that  Amy especially would like all these things...
These things imply that they both have kind of similar tastes and opinions and see things in the same way....but this fact is kind of diminishing in this season as mostly every episode has shown them seeing things in a different way or liking different things

Ep - 1 -- The idea of a date night
Ep - 2 -- Sheldon not liking hand-holding and Amy liking it
Ep - 3 -- Amy thinking that her new looks might lead to Phone-sex ( I don't know what Phone-sex is :p) but clearly Sheldon would not have thought like that
Ep - 4 -- Amy not understanding any of Sheldon's clues(she was as clueless as Leonard and Penny were). I never thought about this until some of you pointed this out  ;)
Ep - 5 -- They both had entirely different opinions on what costumes to wear for the party , and Amy does not like star wars 
Ep - 6 -- Sheldon not understanding what Amy meant by the Testosterone level comment
Ep - 7 -- Sheldon had no issues with Wil's or Levar's acting where as Amy was clearly not impressed
Ep - 8 -- No Amy
Ep - 9  -- It was not clear what Amy had expected out of Sheldon when she showed him her waxing , so I'm not sure  :blush:
Ep - 10 - Most of the  episode was about them interpreting the same things in the exact opposite way
Ep - 11 - Both wanted to play D&D -- but I don't think Sheldon would have thought about cheating on their partners

I don't think there was anything left for us to interpret in that scene as it was clearly implied that his apology was fake.  His apology in the lab episode...now , that was genuine , and here he was clearly able to show his intentions :)

Edited by spook
  • Like 3

I've just been thinking, what sort of scenarios would you think/want Sheldon and Amy to get into in order for this 'moving forward' to happen (For a random and crappy example, Amy almost dies in hospital from her cocaine-addicted monkeys being let loose on her or something like that so Sheldon says he loves her because he's so emotional blah blah...)?

Do you guys think up loads of scenes in your head like I do? xD

Edited by Razberrypie

I have more of a "what I don't want to go down" list than a "this is what I want to happen" list.

I do not want it to happen:

1. While they are drunk and/or otherwise intoxicated. Substances as a catalyst would be hilarious for something minor (e.g. Sheldon complimenting Amy or being more touchy-feely on a night out) but nothing major (kiss, ILY, God forbid sex later on).

2. Because Amy backed Sheldon into a corner or set an ultimatum for him. He has to want it himself.

3. With lots of cartoonish freaking out. I said that one of the thing I love about how they've handled Sheldon so far is that he's so calm, cool and collected about it. It's a unique way to write a character who would freak out so easily, and I like it a lot.

(4. Because of jealousy. I put this in bracket because I do not mind jealousy as a catalyst per se, but I just think since they've done jealous!Sheldon twice already, it'd be time to try something new and also because I don't think it's necessarily a good thing that Sheldon progresses only when threatened by other men.)

One of the plot bunnies in my head right now, would be for Amy to go out of town for a few weeks because of work and Sheldon missing her while she's away and be overwhelmed with happiness when she returns. They've never been apart since they met, I think it'd be an interesting scenario. They could re-introduce the Skype calls again too, and show how they're not enough anymore for them. 

• Like 5

Honestly, because these characters are so unique, I have trouble coming up with ideas. Boy, do I love to day dream about him kissing her and saying, "I love you." How romantic....

Monique

• Like 2

Yeah , I thought of one...after seeing the first game night

Next game night is like Lenny VS Shamy

after few intellectual games Sheldon mocks Leonard and Penny saying that they are better couple than them.....then Penny says that he is wrong....Sheldon asks her to give an example...then Penny starts kissing Leonard.... So in-order to prove Penny wrong Sheldon starts kissing Amy ( I don't know if this is romantic enough thought :p but Sheldon would be in character and still Amy will be getting what she wants ;))

• Like 2

I have more of a "what I don't want to go down" list than a "this is what I want to happen" list.

1. While they are drunk and/or otherwise intoxicated. Substances as a catalyst would be hilarious for something minor (e.g. Sheldon complimenting Amy or being more touchy-feely on a night out) but nothing major (kiss, ILY, God forbid sex later on).

2. Because Amy backed Sheldon into a corner or set an ultimatum for him. He has to want it himself.

3. With lots of cartoonish freaking out. I said that one of the thing I love about how they've handled Sheldon so far is that he's so calm, cool and collected about it. It's a unique way to write a character who would freak out so easily, and I like it a lot.

(4. Because of jealousy. I put this in bracket because I do not mind jealousy as a catalyst per se, but I just think since they've done jealous!Sheldon twice already, it'd be time to try something new and also because I don't think it's necessarily a good thing that Sheldon progresses only when threatened by other men.)

One of the plot bunnies in my head right now, would be for Amy to go out of town for a few weeks because of work and Sheldon missing her while she's away and be overwhelmed with happiness when she returns. They've never been apart since they met, I think it'd be an interesting scenario. They could re-introduce the Skype calls again too, and show how they're not enough anymore for them. 

I agree with all of these. I think seeing Amy and Sheldon together drunk would be a great humor plot and it would be nice for Sheldon to open up a little of that locked-up heart of his, like he did when Penny gave him the Long Island ice tea :p. But definitely overall, I don't want to feel like any serious progression is forced or makes Sheldon uncomfortable because that just takes away from the magical respect these two have for each other.

Oddly enough, your plot bunny is extremely similar to one I was thinking about, I thought it would be cute to see Amy surprised because she'd expect him not to care so much about their lack of physical proximity.

Yeah , I thought of one...after seeing the first game night

Next game night is like Lenny VS Shamy

after few intellectual games Sheldon mocks Leonard and Penny saying that they are better couple than them.....then Penny says that he is wrong....Sheldon asks her to give an example...then Penny starts kissing Leonard.... So in-order to prove Penny wrong Sheldon starts kissing Amy ( I don't know if this is romantic enough thought :p but Sheldon would be in character and still Amy will be getting what she wants ;))

Lenny vs Shamy!? Bring it on! That would be so awesome to watch! :D

tmp - so much love and best wishes for your relationship with your husband! That's how it should be.

I completely agree with Spook's list of things he wishes not to happen, regarding the Shamy. I believe that Sheldon kissing Amy or getting intimate with her for the first time because he's drunk/jealous/forced or coerced into it by her, would really spoil the beauty of their relationship for me, to some extent. I fervently hope the writers don't go that way, just for laughs.

Also, I was about to point out what Spook already did regarding Sheldon and Amy's 'differences' in this season - most if not all of them seem to be deliberately related to sexuality and/or the romantic development of their relationship. I think they're just trying to emphasize to us how this is the one major issue on which the two of them are still apparently at different places. As was being discussed here earlier, they can't carry on this obvious dichotomy for very long, but they're trying to play it out as long as they can, because in the right doses it can be both intriguing and hilarious.

Vasu, I had guessed you're a guy because I'm familiar with the name, but then I got confused after so many people here said you're a girl. So I thought it might be short for Vasudha or something. :p

I agree with this list but also want to add:

5.  Not over a bet, trying to prove himself to others,  or being coerced in any way.

I guess I would like to see it out of something that delights him.   For example, we know from the taping reports the guys come back from their mis-fired trip to Bakersfield Comic Con and see the girls arguing over comic books.   It would be cute to see Sheldon get so excited to see Amy sticking up for his viewpoint on a comic book, fighting with the other girls, that he delights in it enough to kiss her.   Or something where she inadvertently helps him solve a problem he had been struggling with and that delights him and he kisses her. 

Also, perhaps another way would be if the audience is clued in for several episodes that he is struggling with a desire to kiss her, but doesn't know how to go about it.  Maybe he calls his mother in one of them and gets advice.  I could see that he calls in one episode (cluing the audience in) and in a later episode he is planning everything for the moment where he expect to kiss her, only nothing goes according to plan and he thinks he has ruined the evening, only to have her say that she found it to be one of the most romantic things he has ever done and then he kisses her.  

I want to see it born out of his desire...and it comes either unexpectedly, or very well planned, but because things go haywire (for the comedy aspect), he still ends up kissing her because she admits that his plans were romantic. :)

Edited by stardustmelody

Hello guys!! Happy New Year!!  :)  I'm new here. I mean, I' ve been a "ghost reader" for a while but registered only today!! Glad to have a place where to talk about this amazing show!! :)

If you want to know where I stand on the Shamy topic, you could recall Spook' s posts since I completely agree with  all of them! :)

I want to add just a thing, I read some think there is no chemistry b/w Amy and Sheldon, but I actually see chemistry in anything they do. Sure, they do not jump at each other bones, but the way they talk and look at each other....It was said Sheldon could charm anyone with his wonderful eyes but he doesn't do it with Amy and never flirts with her, I do not think so. just think about episode 4.10, when at the door he says to her, "when you're feeling better, you think it's funny". The way he looks and smiles at her. In my opinion, in that scene Sheldon is really flirtatious, like saying " I'm a jerk but you can't help but to love me!"

• Like 1

Also, perhaps another way would be if the audience is clued in for several episodes that he is struggling with a desire to kiss her, but doesn't know how to go about it.  Maybe he calls his mother in one of them and gets advice.  I could see that he calls in one episode (cluing the audience in) and in a later episode he is planning everything for the moment where he expect to kiss her, only nothing goes according to plan and he thinks he has ruined the evening, only to have her say that she found it to be one of the most romantic things he has ever done and then he kisses her. 

That would also be very sweet. And I think it'd be hilarious if he got tips from Leonard or Penny about what to do to set up the right romantic mood and he interprets it all in his own way and turns out arranging something totally random that actually has nothing to do with what Leonard or Penny were suggesting. lol. 

• Like 5