The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

MJistheBOMB

Monique, I am sure you are upset about having to miss a Tara episode.  I feel bad that you were unable to get a ticket and get that kind of a reward because you have been so faithful each week.  I am just thankful you have tickets already for the following week.   Maybe you will get to see this one when you go to it (hoping and praying you do).  

Does anyone know if Roxanne was going to any further episodes this year? I know she talked about trying to go to one more. 

• Like 2

tmp, actually, there's no way to get in without a ticket. You need ether a stand by or a guaranteed, which Kellee and I have neither. LOL.  No such luck this time :-/

Oh, OK, I see.  I didn't know tickets were required for standby.  The next week you'll get a double dose of fun.  It will be interesting to see what developments occur in the next four episodes, both Shamy and non-Shamy ones.  We'll hang on to them all summer, so let's hope they're good.

I had a thought of what they might do if they don't want Sheldon to intiate anything just yet.  What if Amy hugged him and he acted like he was really into it--you know, hugging her back tightly with a look of love on his face?  It may not be as rewarding as if he initiated something but I could live with it. 

That just wouldn't do it for me.   We deserve more than that.  Sorry, but it has to be an ILY or kiss at this point.  They have made him too mean to her this past week for just a mere hug (of which they have had a few hugs this season...even if he didn't have arms available to hug back).   I think that would not be a big payoff at all.   The other thing about that is...would you honestly think that is enticing enough to keep you gaga all summer?  I don't think it would be.   It has to be bigger than that.  Sure we want to see him return hugs, but that should be stuff leading up to the bigger thing that occurs on the finale.

Edited by stardustmelody

That line did not strike me as particularly bad. Sheldon normally complains about physical contact and I took it as such -- no deeper or sinister meaning behind his words at all. To me it sounded like a young boy complaining about a girl to cover up how much he 'likes' her, which is completely Sheldon.

• Like 8

Thank you stardust. No, I'm not upset. Any episode missed in person will be seen on TV later ;-). As I said earlier in the chat, I'm pretty much doing this for those who enjoy the spoilers at this point (you guys). Otherwise, I would not care to go so often (shocking, I know. LOL). Before I met Kellee, I would only go about once a month or every few months I could score a ticket.

Leaving my home at 7 in the morning, spending over 2 hours in LA traffic, arriving at the studio waiting area at about 9:45 and waiting all day long before getting checked in and moved over to the studio definitely is NOT the fun part of the whole experience. LOL. 

What makes it worthwhile:

*being at the taping and seeing the entire cast and crew at work of course.

*making people happy with spoilers and being able to help Kellee out so that she doesn't have to be the only one writing them.

*all the great people I meet: other fans (like Kellee ;)) and production crew members who start to recognize you after a while....everyone is so kind.

The good out weighs the bad so why stop now? <3

• Like 9

Thank you stardust. No, I'm not upset. Any episode missed in person will be seen on TV later ;-). As I said earlier in the chat, I'm pretty much doing this for those who enjoy the spoilers at this point (you guys). Otherwise, I would not care to go so often (shocking, I know. LOL). Before I met Kellee, I would only go about once a month or every few months I could score a ticket.

Leaving my home at 7 in the morning, spending over 2 hours in LA traffic, arriving at the studio waiting area at about 9:45 and waiting all day long before getting checked in and moved over to the studio definitely is NOT the fun part of the whole experience. LOL. 

What makes it worthwhile:

*being at the taping and seeing the entire cast and crew at work of course.

*making people happy with spoilers and being able to help Kellee out so that she doesn't have to be the only one writing them.

*all the great people I meet: other fans (like Kellee ;)) and production crew members who start to recognize you after a while....everyone is so kind.

The good out weighs the bad so why stop now? <3

And all the effort is so, SO appreciated! Reading the spoilers for the next episode(s) is such a great way to end the day/start your morning - and it's so neat to watch everyone comment on the script in the spoilers thread, and then come over to this thread and read all the Shamy spazzing or critiques. I honestly really didn't get into their relationship until I stumbled across this forum, started reading the threads and really took time to consider all these little details all the Shamy-lovers were posting about and the possible scenarios they were discussing. Definitely made me start falling in love with both the actors and the couple they portray, and also as an extension of that, squeal and clap anytime a cute moment was part of a taping report. So thanks Monique for all the effort you put in (Kelle too)! The reports have become a highlight of my week. : )

• Like 1

Thank you Monique. I think it's even worth travelling halfway around the world, literally, if I have enough money. :D

I'll try to make it before S10 finale. 

Edited by untilyou

And as far as Thursdays episode is concerned, I seem to be in the middle in regards to the two reactions expressed. On the one hand, I wasn't overly bothered by Sheldon becoming super focused on organizing closets and leaving Amy alone (probably mostly because she didn't show to be really bothered by it, so my mind just naturally went past those parts and went back to focusing on the Howard story line.) This seems to be pretty normal for me, I tend to be in tune to peoples emotions and have a habit of studying facial expressions, body language, and the tone of voice - which is why, generally, when Sheldon says off-handed things to Amy, I usually am content with viewing it as just being comedic relief or teasing, or them just being like an old married couple. 

However, having said that, when I watched the episode and Sheldon said the line about Amy 'pawing at him like a bear trying to get into a trash can filled with sweets', I was pretty surprised with how it struck me. It came as a shock and strangely mean, etc. I'm not even entirely sure why, but I'm still kind of baffled as to how out of left field it seemed - how out of place it was. How... unnecessarily sharp it came across? Even after reading everyones comments, I'm still just as baffled! 

I genuinely hope that this back and forth, hot and cold, weirdness going on in these past several episodes levels out... Either we're on the verge of something big happening,  or maybe the writers are just struggling to figure out which path to take? (And it's definitely starting to come across that way) The other two couples seem to steadily be moving forward with understandable challenges, whereas trying to follow where Shamy is going and how they are each episode lately, I'm starting to feel like I'm watching a game of Pong... ) 

And just so people don't get all up in my business :icon_wink: , I ain't directly comparing Shamy's growth with L/P or H/B. I'm just mentioning that the way their relationships seem to be growing and going through transitions is smoother, its clear - when you watch them on screen throughout this season their progress doesn't jump around as much as Sheldon and Amy's, which I'm sure has a lot to do with the fact that Sheldon is Sheldon, and he's learning and growing far differently than anyone else. Still though, I'm just starting to get the feeling that the writers aren't sure where Shamy is headed next, aside from long term goals, which might be why things are so out of sync each episode in comparison to the last. Why it's getting hard to follow. 

I hope that sort of made sense, it's 2:30am here so my brain is starting to shut down. 

G'night you lovely Sharmites! 

• Like 2

We appreciate your efforts to much Monique! I really can't imagine how empty it would feel to go through the season without reports. It just adds so much to the whole experience. I just can't believe the one we are missing is a Tara episode! I hope we can get the scoops anyway from somewhere, otherwise it's going to be a loooooong week, with no report and no episode. 

Re: what I want for the finale. I want it to be something meaningful for Amy and something that they are not going to backtrack on next year. I'm really NOT a fan of the whole irresistible force/unmovable object paradox that they seem so fond of and I hope it's restricted to this season. I didn't mind it as much until now because I didn't really feel it being very prominent, but it most definitely has been in the last 2 eps. 

So, it might not need to be something typical, like a kiss, or an ILY, but it HAS to be something equally meaningful. I really want to see Sheldon going back to being smitten with her and for their relationship to find that sense of equality that it used to have in the past. I miss Shamy vs. the World. 

• Like 6

I think the comment from sheldon about amy holding his hand and pawing him like a bear was meant to be comic relief... and nothing more.  The writers should have put more thought into it but so many times it is more important to them to make it funny, and the line was just meant to be funny.

As far as sheldon leaving amy alone during the dinner parties, a positive spin is to see that amy is okay with his quirks and is not bothered when he gets into his crazy ocd moods.  She's not one of those girlfriends that gets bothered or mad very often, which to me, adds to her appeal and that she is right for sheldon.

If I'm repeating opinions, sorry... I haven't read everything on this thread.

• Like 3

I also want to add... sheldon said he is "working" on it.  That doesn't mean he is there yet... there will be setbacks, and possibly the writers threw this episode in (sheldon acting like the old sheldon again) to make it more believable and show that he's not there yet and it's obviously going to take some time.

just my take on it, and I know this may be stretching a bit.  i mainly feel that they just needed comic relief for this episode so they used sheldon to the max.

• Like 3

So, it might not need to be something typical, like a kiss, or an ILY, but it HAS to be something equally meaningful. I really want to see

Sheldon going back to being smitten with her and for their relationship to find that sense of equality that it used to have in the past. I miss

Shamy vs. the World.

This is exactly my hope for the finale, too (or whatever Shamy interactions are left for this season). After the highly satisfying V-day story, we've had a couple of episodes in which they seem to be relatively distanced. The joy and the chemistry needs to be back; and I would take anything that is clearly satisfying and pleasurable to Amy. I've been rooting for a kiss from a long time, but if they manage to do it in any other way, great. I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised.

Regarding the hand-holding line, as I said I did find it offensive (and I didn't find anything else in the episode offensive at all). I was just trying to figure out their logic behind putting in something out of left field like that. The only thing I can think of is that it's a joke gone wrong, because I'm pretty sure it's not going to be followed up with consistent signs of finding Amy's physical contact repulsive. In fact he never has, not even during any of their hugs or kisses - at the most he seems to hesitate and hold back a little.

• Like 3

I think the comment from sheldon about amy holding his hand and pawing him like a bear was meant to be comic relief... and nothing more.  The writers should have put more thought into it but so many times it is more important to them to make it funny, and the line was just meant to be funny.

As far as sheldon leaving amy alone during the dinner parties, a positive spin is to see that amy is okay with his quirks and is not bothered when he gets into his crazy ocd moods.  She's not one of those girlfriends that gets bothered or mad very often, which to me, adds to her appeal and that she is right for sheldon.

If I'm repeating opinions, sorry... I haven't read everything on this thread.

I wasn't bothered by Sheldon tidying up the closets during the party. But I do think the writers are often too careless with putting comic relief ahead of the consistency. It's one thing if you do that on other topics, but when it's about a relationship that is already very delicate as it is and built on details, you need to be more careful. Like I said, they are VERY careful not to move them too fast too quick. They should be equally as careful not to destroy the progress they have made. 

Nobody is expecting Sheldon to be "there" yet, but play The Talk and then this clip back to back. It's like 2 completely different characters. You can have setbacks without being nasty. I can understand him freaking out like that if they *had* been in the cinema and that was him reacting to being touched, that's a setback. But there was no point in bringing this up, why was he that angry? 

I do agree that this episode relied too much on Sheldon as the relief valve in the episode, I honestly found him annoying throughout, not just with Amy. He was very over the top. I also remember some people saying that last week they had also tried to revert to the style of characters that we had in the old days, and how it doesn't really work anymore. I think this Sheldon was also an "old" Sheldon that doesn't really work anymore. Ironically, they had him wear that blazer in every single episode where he's meant to act like a bit of an ass (Howard's Bachelor party too). It's like a shout-out to "old" Sheldon.

Edited by koops
  • Like 3

I wasn't bothered by Sheldon tidying up the closets during the party. But I do think the writers are often too careless with putting comic relief ahead of the consistency. It's one thing if you do that on other topics, but when it's about a relationship that is already very delicate as it is and built on details, you need to be more careful. Like I said, they are VERY careful not to move them too fast too quick. They should be equally as careful not to destroy the progress they have made. 

Nobody is expecting Sheldon to be "there" yet, but play The Talk and then this clip back to back. It's like 2 completely different characters. You can have setbacks without being nasty. I can understand him freaking out like that if they *had* been in the cinema and that was him reacting to being touched, that's a setback. But there was no point in bringing this up, why was he that angry? 

I do agree that this episode relied too much on Sheldon as the relief valve in the episode, I honestly found him annoying throughout, not just with Amy. He was very over the top. I also remember some people saying that last week they had also tried to revert to the style of characters that we had in the old days, and how it doesn't really work anymore. I think this Sheldon was also an "old" Sheldon that doesn't really work anymore. Ironically, they had him wear that blazer in every single episode where he's meant to act like a bit of an ass (Howard's Bachelor party too). It's like a shout-out to "old" Sheldon.

I agree the scene where he was whining like a baby to leonard was an obvious throw back to earlier seasons and seemed out of place since they really haven't used that in so, so long.

• Like 2

I agree about whiny Sheldon.  That was annoying.  It seems the writers copped out with the easy joke rather than trying to do something meaningful.

Spook, you said something about the past two episodes.  Are you talking about "Heard you the first time"?

I agree about whiny Sheldon.  That was annoying.  It seems the writers copped out with the easy joke rather than trying to do something meaningful.

Spook, you said something about the past two episodes.  Are you talking about "Heard you the first time"?

Yes. I wasn't bothered by that though, because it was a tag scene and it was fitting. But I know that it was perceived as a double rejection by a lot of people, that it piles up, and I know that there MAY be a line or two next episode that I'm not going to be happy with. Add to that the fact that I'm still not a fan of the V-day hug (sorry folks), and to me it's lots of little details adding up. 

All I'm saying is, if you're not ready to have Sheldon move forward, don't have Amy come at him and don't have him be nasty with her. There COULD be a potentially even worse combination of lines next ep, so I'm kind of uneasy at the moment. I hope the Tara ep will calm my nerves.

I also want to add... sheldon said he is "working" on it.  That doesn't mean he is there yet... there will be setbacks, and possibly the writers threw this episode in (sheldon acting like the old sheldon again) to make it more believable and show that he's not there yet and it's obviously going to take some time.

just my take on it, and I know this may be stretching a bit.  i mainly feel that they just needed comic relief for this episode so they used sheldon to the max.

Exactly. I don't know why at every misstep any of them would take, I should freak out or get so depressed. I'm still incomplete with one of my subjects and I told my dad I'm working on it. Just because the status is still incomplete doesn't mean I have no plans on working on it ever.  When someone changes for the better, it doesn't necessarily mean it changes will immediately show.

• Like 1

Maybe they can do only so much meaningful in one episode.

• Like 2

I agree that I hope they don't start having Sheldon take potshots at Amy the way Al and Peg did on MWC.  It's lazy writing and doesn't honor the relationship they've built so beautifully.

He’s afraid his feelings and he has less and less power to deny of what he feels and he can’t handle this and that’s why he’s looking for the place where he can calms down all his feelings and where he can be safe, and kept busy  organizing Howard’s closet.

But this does not give him the right to say nasty things to someone who is so dear to him, and even if she did not specifically took it I think it made ​​her upset and  little hurt  but she loves him so much that is patient and waits.

I think maybe you know Hymn of love from Bible maybe someone should show it to Sheldon. ;) :D

• Like 1

He’s afraid his feelings and he has less and less power to deny of what he feels and he can’t handle this and that’s why he’s looking for the place where he can calms down all his feelings and where he can be safe, and kept busy  organizing Howard’s closet.

But this does not give him the right to say nasty things to someone who is so dear to him, and even if she did not specifically took it I think it made ​​her upset and  little hurt  but she loves him so much that is patient and waits.

I think maybe you know Hymn of love from Bible maybe someone should show it to Sheldon. ;) :D

My guess is he knows it well from growing up in a house with Mary Cooper. :icon_lol::)