The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Regarding Mayim and panels, I think Mayim is a woman that is used to more the "classroom" style environment.  You speak when spoken to, but you don't interrupt otherwise.   After all, her parents were teachers, and she herself is a teacher.   So she probably is more reserved when not being spoken to and given the rest of the panel are far more extroverts, it would come across as being shy.  I have never really found Mayim to be overly shy as much as intelligent and reserved.   Melissa is also a bit more reserved.  She pretty much waits until spoken to until she speaks.  

Regarding Sheldon staying Sheldon, I don't understand why he cannot remain Sheldon yet still show physical expression of his growing love and desire for Amy.   I don't see how those have to be in conflict.   He can still be condescending to his friends, be rigid with his schedules, still has his germ phobia with others and be competitive.   Those are the majority of traits that made him who he was.   Sure he has been condescending to his friends in the past about their sexual escapades, but was that the main reason he was who he was?  No.  Far more of his condescension has been about his rigidness in schedule and intelligence.   So I don't see how moving into a more physical relationship with Amy would change the essence of who he is.  They could do it quite funny actually.  Is it because some believed he was asexual?  I never believed he was that, so it never would have burst my bubble for him to grow an interest in someone as a character.  I was thrilled they brought on Mayim as Amy because I could tell that it was finally going to be a possibility.   But now, it seems they went so far backward from Seasons 4 and 5 when it comes to the sweet interactions, the eye coitus, and even some of the touching.  That has to stop.  It is going to frustrate fans if they continue to focus so much on trying to keep him "asexual" Sheldon because I never saw that as the essence of who Sheldon was.   As Koops said, they cannot have their cake and eat it too.  They need to make that leap and move forward.   If they do it right, the fans will still be there and they will not have "jumped the shark" at all.  If anything they can enrich the character.

• Like 1

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

So how can they keep him IC and still move the relationship forward into physical territory?  So far the physical stuff has been reserved only for unusual circumstances.  The reason I mentioned Amy requesting hugs to be a regular thing is that something has to propel him forward, and usually it's her being a half-step ahead of him.  After he reached for her hand at the end of S5, then she started asking for hand-holding periodically.  Now that he basically asked her for a hug, she knows he's ready for another gentle nudge.  I predict they will try to keep him IC by showing that he doesn't mind doing these things with her and she knows it, but he still complains about it good-naturedly.  I think that's what they were trying to do in the last episode with the pawing comment, but it came across to a lot of people as harsh.

Sheldon is never going to be Mr. Mushy-Gushy (or Dr. Mushy-Gushy) but at some point the physical expression of affection will have to be a regular thing.  Otherwise their relationship will stagnate.  It would be easy to write another special occasion hug/kiss but I don't know how it gets beyond that.  Maybe the writers don't either. 

But guess what? Sheldon was mushy-gushy with Amy in S4 (especially) and 5. Eye-coitus? You're a vixen? Given that Raj and Howard even came up with a nickname for them and Leonard was already teasing him about her being his girlfriend when they were still only texting (so they had never seen her after the coffee shop) Sheldon must have been talking about her ALL the time. And he *still* is mushy-gushy about her when she isn't around. That whole talk to Penny at the Cheesecake Factory when he then went to beat up Wheaton was him being mushy-gushy. He is mushy-gushy about lots of things he loves, he just never is about people. She could and should be the exception to that rule.

Of course he is never going to be overtly affectionate physically, but that doesn't mean they can't start showing him enjoying that. Exploit that shy-childlike side of Sheldon that many people love to see. I could totally see that side of him being exploited to show him starting to enjoy being cuddled for example. Or share a bed with her. They kind of did in 6x14, they should do more of that. Sheldon doesn't only have the grumpy side who constantly has to whine and complain about things. Of course it has to go through the kick-and-scream phase because he's proud and because of all his phobias, but we've done enough of that now I feel. That's what I'm saying. Yes, Amy hugs him, Sheldon whines. Yes, Amy wants to hold hands, Sheldon whines. Been there, done that. Is there ANYBODY who still finds that funny? Is there ANYBODY who would raise up and complain if they stopped showing that? No. As I said, even the purists are starting to want him to treat her better. Next stage would be for him to start showing he likes it but desperately trying to hide it from his friends because he's embarrassed. There's so much comedy potential in that.

The bottom line is, at *some* point, they need to start showing Sheldon enjoying these things. I personally think it'd be cringeworthy to watch their relationship progress through physical intimacy with him whining every step of the way. And it would make Amy look incredibly pathetic. And they can't even leave it to close to the line because then they run the risk of having to cram so much progress into a short amount of time that they'll have to resort to something stupid like them being drunk to finally get them to have sex and be in character

But one thing is true. They will have to change the way they go in to write Sheldon with Amy once they allow him to start liking it, and that probably is a lot of work for the writers because they are so used to going in with a set of rules on how to write him. Which is probably why it won't happen this season, because I think they'll need some time off to think about how to do this, I don't think it's something they can easily whip up in the middle of a season. It's probably something they'll think about during a summer hiatus so they can go into the new season with a new set of "rules". My question at this stage is whether next season they're still going to roll with the paradox or change things up then. I think it's about time they change it up. I'm so tired of hearing Mayim say that the n.1 priority with their relationship is keeping Sheldon "the same". 

• Like 1

Now, I wrote that I understand his behavior, and I really do, but I must say that as long as I think about this , I'm overwhelmed by  more pessimistic feelings. On whether we'll see something more between them, I mean hugging, and kissing and or he will or not tell her what he feels, or  he shows it in his way.
He's not  even looking for a way or some kind of idea to show it to her. I'm tired that they give us something like on princess ep. or v-day and later they throwing him on some kind of childish behavior like:
 I'm scared and I want to hide because I'm so big coward, and I love her but I'm afraid, and I preffer to affraid than use my mind to figured  it out, how  I can  give my woman  what she deserved, and I can't  decide of what to do.  

It's like someone give us ice cream and let us lick, and then took it away.
Well news flash Shelly, better do something good for her, because there is so many people who are starting to get nervous. 
I'm tired of that that rollercoaster of feelings, which they feed us. One ep. is wonderfull and he is so great and mature, and next so hurtfull to her, and so annoying,  like there were  two Sheldons. 
He is genius for god's sake he could figure it how to deal with all what he's afraid 
And if he is such genius why he's so afraid that if he will show her feelings and if he will surrender to his body everything will change to something negative, isn't that he already feel love and nothing terrible has happened.  Doesn't he trusts to himself?
I will wait and I understand that he needs a time and he will not become hugging and kissing enthusiast already, and he doesn't need to change  himself so much, because she loves him the way he is, but there is so much inconsistency. Sorry for my dark clouds.
Edited by silverangelD

Meh, I don't mind the Shamy not being more physical just yet. I'm just enjoying the ride until they get there :)

I  enjoy it  to, and I don't want them to jump to the bed, and suddenly he is like Casanova and Romeo in one, and I like to watch like their relationship is changing  and the ride between them, but the inconsistency is annoying me, and that rollercoaster of his behavior. 

I  enjoy it  to, and I don't want them to jump to the bed, and suddenly he is like Casanova and Romeo in one, and I like to watch like their relationship is changing  and the ride between them, but the inconsistency is annoying me, and that rollercoaster of his behavior. 

Isn't a roller coaster a ride? :p

• Like 2

I am not fond of the rollercoaster either.  I much prefer a steady pace along a straight plane.   I think they could accomplish keeping Sheldon pretty much who he is, just more mature and in love version, yet still make progress.  What I don't like is them going a step forward and 30 steps back kind of thing.   I want to see the eye coitus again, the soft blushes, the sweet early intimacies (hand-hold, hug, kisses, even just brushing up against each other now and again) that make them blush and thrilled.   What I don't care for is him being willing to add hand-holds into their Rel A and then complain about them and make it seem as though he is bothered by them.   I don't care for that at all.  Sheldon was much less opposed to touch before season 6 than he has been this season (other than the anomaly episode of him taking care of Amy).   But he honestly has gone backward instead of forward WITH her.   He may have progressed privately and shared that with Leonard/Penny/Kripke, but he hasn't given Amy any sense of progress.  That is frustrating.

I also miss them doing "human experimentation" on their friends and having them be the two of them against the world kind of thing.  I would like some of that back.  I still wish they could work on a joint project (curing Raj or something along those lines).

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 3

it's not about them jumping into bed. it would just be a bit nice to see them at least hand hold. 

That's what I had in mind!!! 

hold by the hand, eye coitus, casually touch so innocent, what  will lead them to something like kiss...
  • Like 1

I am not fond of the rollercoaster either.  I much prefer a steady pace along a straight plane.   I think they could accomplish keeping Sheldon pretty much who he is, just more mature and in love version, yet still make progress.  What I don't like is them going a step forward and 30 steps back kind of thing.   I want to see the eye coitus again, the soft blushes, the sweet early intimacies (hand-hold, hug, kisses, even just brushing up against each other now and again) that make them blush and thrilled.   What I don't care for is him being willing to add hand-holds into their Rel A and then complain about them and make it seem as though he is bothered by them.   I don't care for that at all.  Sheldon was much less opposed to touch before season 6 than he has been this season (other than the anomaly episode of him taking care of Amy).   But he honestly has gone backward instead of forward WITH her.   He may have progressed privately and shared that with Leonard/Penny/Kripke, but he hasn't given Amy any sense of progress.  That is frustrating.

I also miss them doing "human experimentation" on their friends and having them be the two of them against the world kind of thing.  I would like some of that back.  I still wish they could work on a joint project (curing Raj or something along those lines).

Well that's a fantastic idea! They have already proved in a few past episodes that can be a team together. Like I recall that time to spread the gossip of having had the sex and Amy being pregnant (not fo real of course). It was so interesting to see how their gossip was spreading like a virus. In 24hours it reached full circle with Bernadette as last person who wanted to know from Amy how Sheldon actually did it with her.

• Like 1

Sometimes I wish we were all sitting in one room, with drinks and snacks, talking about all of this stuff. :)

Especially if said room is the writers room. And we sit there with sticks and poke them when they say something we don't like.  :icon_lol:  Tara can sit with us.

eta: OMG I just found another application for my electrocuting chair! Forget the sticks, all we'll need is a button.

Edited by koops
  • Like 4

Thanks for the red-carpet interview! I love how Jim showers praise on Mayim at every opportunity he gets, and tells everyone what a joy it is to 'go through that' (th whole Sheldon/Amy process) with her.  :wub:

I haven't watched the full panel yet, haven't got a chance yet to install chrome, download and watch. The little bits of MaJim interaction are heaven, of course. From his body language, it really does like he's 'excluding' everyone else, even if he doesn't mean to. It occurred to me that he may also be feeling especially protective and considerate towards her because he knows she's been going through a hard time in her life lately, which might be one reason for his giving so much attention to her, apart from just enjoying her company.

You need not install chrome. It'll take a while. Try tunlr. It would teach you how to change your dns server and if you don't need to watch using a US location anymore, you can change your DNS back to the way it was. :D

It was the first method I tried to get to the Paleyfest vids. :D

I could slap myself a MILLION times for not asking Steve Molaro a few questions when I met him after PaleyFest. I do this EVERY time. I get AMAZING opportunities and screw up because I'm in shock/shy mode. LOL. 

I could have at the VERY LEAST asked him is anything big happening with Shamy before this seasons end but did I? No. 

8 years ago, Michael Jackson invited about 100 fans into his Neverland Valley Ranch. My mom and sisters were with me. We went into his home first, followed by some time in his arcade. At one moment I wandered outside of the arcade. Here comes MJ, daughter by his side, he's holding a box full of box sets he plans on giving to the fans....his bodyguards are near, I was the closest fan to him (15 feet) and one of 3 people outside of the arcade. It was the perfect time for me to say, "Thank you, Michael for inviting us into your home..." Did I say anything to him? No. I stood there like an idiot in shock mode. LOL. 

*sighhhh*

Ahhh Monique you are living the dream!!! You've been to Neverland?!  Really.  I don't know if I could have not said anything to MJ. Hahahah. You lucky duck

• Like 1

WHY DO WE NOT HAVE ANYTHING FOR THIS WEEK'S TAPING???

LET'S HOPE THEY'RE GOING TO REVEAL SOMETHING THIS WEDNESDAY EVENING ON THEIR INTERVIEWS DURING A NIGHT AT SARDI'S.

What do you mean we don't have anything for this week's taping?  We had a script cover.  Isn't that usually all we see before a taping?   We won't have a report because we don't have anyone who were able to get tickets to go.  I am confused...is there something else we should be expecting to see?

You reading my mind! I was thinking the same thing. I miss a little things like holding by the hand,  looking into each others eyes as if the whole world did not exist, as if they were alone, blushing when she hear something so special  and something beautiful (and I do not mean only compliments about her beauty)
And I would like to see him trying to do something to show her that he loves her, but in that special way which is reserved only for her, that he tries so hard to find his own way to show her how he feels about her. I know that he does so many things for her that he wouldn't normaly do for others, but it's time  for him to do something  that will be as important and wonderful as her patience,  tolerating his comments, and that he loves his quirks.  
  • Like 1

Especially if said room is the writers room. And we sit there with sticks and poke them when they say something we don't like.  :icon_lol:  Tara can sit with us.

eta: OMG I just found another application for my electrocuting chair! Forget the sticks, all we'll need is a button.

This is how I'm feeling right now!!!  One episode away from turning to the dark side....hahahaha

Yes, I know the taping cover. But what I meant there, Stardust, was that if we have anyone for the taping to share us the scoop. And yes, I know about the spoilers too. Sorry for the confusion. I should really not post with capslock on.

There is a taping this week, but we don't have anyone attending.  So, no taping report this week!  ARRGH!

Really there is taping this week and we don't have anyone? ....may I sing:   nobody knows my sorrow... nobody knows the trouble I've seen.... all we need is Sheldon playing theremin

Edited by silverangelD