The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

I love the shy look he gives her in TVS when he comes to apologize.  I don't know if it qualifies as "eye-coitus" but it was memorable.

• Like 2

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

Well, when I say I miss those things, I don't mean I don't enjoy everything that's been going on with the show...I simply mean I'd like to see even more of it. The writers have actually done a great job so far with the Shamy and I can't wait to see where they take them next.

What's "not necessary" comes from those who behave as though every idea or opinion about Sheldon and Amy is an attack and feel the need to put down others in return....in very inappropriate ways at times too, I might add.

Monique

Thats my modus operandi. If I don't agree with you and I detect any hint of exasperation and anything I deem unnecessary I will come down on it like a ton of  bricks.

I might add. 

Thats my modus operandi. If I don't agree with you and I detect any hint of exasperation and anything I deem unnecessary I will come down on it like a ton of  bricks.

I might add. 

Oh? So you detected "exasperation" in my post where I said, "definitely, we miss these things"? or something else?

Monique

Oh? So you detected "exasperation" in my post where I said, "definitely, we miss these things"? or something else?

Monique

I found it a little whiny tbh, I understand it but it was a little bit of a whine...

How about expressing new situations which they could find themselves in instead of longing for bygones.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl
I found it a little whiny tbh, I understand it but it was a little bit of a whine...

How about expressing new situations which they could find themselves in instead of longing for bygones.

It is in some way. I know they are not going to do exactly the same, so it is not exactly longing for a bygone, but wishing to see more of that in the future. More of the complicity they showed at first, you know, hanging out and showing how much in sync they are, like in counterfactuals, or THGG, or the cinema scene at the Decoupling Fluctuation, etc.

I dunno, both of them working on a project, or organizing a trip, or going camping and having the rest of the gang having to deal with them, etc. That is also a part of being a couple. Doing stuff together that is not necesarily related to the relationship directly. That also helps on establishing them as a pair and on solidifying their relationship as well as showing off one of the best aspects of their dynamic, the "why" they work so well, that, to me, is because they both treat each other as equals, and understand each other better than anyone else, despite their differences.

• Like 4

Wow. Whiny? So because you don't agree with me enjoying Sheldon & Amy spending time together and looking forward to more in the future, it's whiny? Interesting.

Monique

I dunno, both of them working on a project, or organizing a trip, or going camping and having the rest of the gang having to deal with them, etc. That is also a part of being a couple. Doing stuff together that is not necesarily related to the relationship directly. That also helps on establishing them as a pair and on solidifying their relationship as well as showing off one of the best aspects of their dynamic, the "why" they work so well, that, to me, is because they both treat each other as equals, and understand each other better than anyone else, despite their differences.

Nothing to add to that!

I like that 'possible Shamy activities together' is right now being discussed on the respective threads in both forums. :)

I think one of the only ways right now that Amy is gonna get another one of Sheldon's famous 'looks' is if she does something totally smart and witty instead of trying to get him into bed. Not that it wouldn't ever lead to such a thing in the distant future though ;)

Edited by Razberrypie
  • Like 2

They should take part in a study about Oxytocin levels in couples  :icon_biggrin:

LOL! And if they ever did move on they'd seem like the kind of couple who would take advantage of a physical relationship with blood tests and brain scans :p

• Like 1

Looking forward to more Shamy time tonight.  I know based on previews I've seen lots of L/P stuff in this one which is fine too, but i do hope to see Sheldon at least speak to Amy in this one.  Anything they do together or say to each other even the little stuff is fun to watch and analyze for me. :)

• Like 1

Looking forward to more Shamy time tonight.  I know based on previews I've seen lots of L/P stuff in this one which is fine too, but i do hope to see Sheldon at least speak to Amy in this one.  Anything they do together or say to each other even the little stuff is fun to watch and analyze for me. :)

I enjoy reading each time you analyze, btw. You and others who post here are very good at it. Even if it's all in fun, what you guys write up makes great sense.

Monique

• Like 2

I enjoy reading each time you analyze, btw. You and others who post here are very good at it. Even if it's all in fun, what you guys write up makes great sense.

Monique

Thanks Monique, yeah I love reading what people have to say about the show too, even if I disagree with it I still learn stuff lol.  I'm sure we'll all have plenty to say after tonight's episode airs. I mean with the holiday break over and done with people are probably chomping at the bit to get back to it.

Me too. I want to be on the Council so bad and yeah Amy definitely should get to keep her shirt.  One thing I did notice about that scene is that he brought the tea over to her to pour instead of to Penny or Bernadette. Sure its very small thing that he did, but I think just way they were seated around the room with Sheldon and Amy on opposite ends of table and two girls in middle symbolizes that they are the head members of the Council.  

Its like the two heads spots of a dinner table are typically where Mama and Papa or the King and Queen sit while the children or other members of the council sit in the middle seats so I think that was done on purpose the seating arrangements and all though its customary in past for woman to bring the food/tea to the table the fact that Sheldon brought the tea himself instead showed his willingness to serve the group first as well as be the leader of it. 

All leaders must serve and its just the polite thing to do in Sheldon's mind I think to bring the ladies the teapot, but its also just as polite to have the lady of the house (aka Amy) pour the tea which symbolizes some unity/equality within their relationship that Sheldon didn't just bring tea and pour it all for them he brought it first to Amy and then let her pour it showing a connection between them as co leaders.   Okay yeah go ahead and tell me I'm reading WAY too much into that one scene :p  lol  its okay I just like to take what Shamy i can get in each episode and run with it. :D

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 1

I thought it was interesting that he made himself so at home.  He thanked them for coming on short notice...he didn't even imply it wasn't his place.  It was just the casual way he said it...as if he lived there.  I loved it.  :icon_lol:   The other thing is that he looked at Amy first when showing the T-shirts and then after briefly glancing at the other two looked back at Amy.  Then when he said "I need your advice...." he leaned slightly toward Amy, turned his head slightly away from the other two and kind of winked at Amy asking for the advice...like he was asking her specifically. ;)   I know it is little things, but I just felt there was a lot of comfort there he showed, being in her place, making the tea, running the meeting as if they were co-chairs of the meeting, looking at her a lot, it was special in that way.  I think the only thing that surprised me was that he was willing to take her shirt as well.  I thought he would have said that she was an honorary member so she could keep hers. :icon_rolleyes:

• Like 2

I think Sheldon was just upset that they didn't give him the advice he wanted to hear.   So he had to punish them by taking their shirts away... and since Amy didn't really say much that was helpful to him he took her shirt away too...but lets just be glad he didn't decide to tell other two to leave so he could spank Amy for not giving him better advice lol  and who knows maybe he waited til other two left and then gave Amy her shirt back in private...someone should write that extra bit into a fanfic *hint hint cough cough* ;)

Hmmmm...I wonder what Sheldon's mother or the lady at Human resources would say about Sheldon spanking his girlfriend when she's been naughty.

Edited by Superlovelexi

Well, not much Shamy to analyze in this one, but I did find the tea-making/thanks for coming over thing really cute. 

So Sheldon talks in his sleep? LOL. Who knows what Alex will discover in his tapes later on ;)

eta: On another note, I thought all his no-filter, inappropriate, clinical sex talk in this episode was so Amy. So many times in the past we've been saying she's his female version, in this one I felt like the roles were reversed.

One thing that makes me sad about his upbringing is that you can tell that what comes across as sexism when he talks is due to the fact that he did not have a normal upbringing and probably not a lot of interactions with women in general (being thrown into the male-dominated world of physics at a young age didn't help, I'm sure). And that the only example he had on how to treat women was his father, who does not sound like a great role model at all. He truly has no clue he is being sexist. It makes me sad for him. 

Edited by spook
  • Like 1

Hi guys!! First of all, thank you for the warm welcome!! :)

Second, you know what I liked about the Council of Ladies scene? That the table mat is already in front of Amy and she leans forward for the teapot even before Sheldon makes the move to give it to her. I don't know....it's just so old married couple. Like they have done that thousands of times!! :)

Third, about Sheldon's sexist comments and his upbringing, I agree with Spook. The saddest thing for me is that when he starts his "My father used to say" speech there is something about the look on his face and his body language....like he is happy to have the possibility to reminisce about his childhood and his father. Like he is proud he can quote his father's pearls of wisdom. Of course, they are not pearsl of wisdom. They have never been. Little Sheldon couldn't know that though ( every kid believes that their parents know everything there is to know in the world), and even now he keeps not realizing and maybe he doesn't want to. He doesn't want to think about that because if you take away that kind of stuff, there  is no much else left. Every child should have at least one good memory of the lost parent. Unfortunately, Sheldon doesn't have much to work on ( his father was a cheater, an alcoholic, etc.), so he has to cling to those moments of connection with him however poor. It's heart breaking.  Damn Jim Parson!! He is such a good actor!!

Finally, I hope you enjoyed the episode. I did!! :)

P.S.  If you guys don't see my comments immediately, it's just because since I'm new, they have to be approved by an administrator before being shown.

Edited by Aster7
  • Like 1