The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

MJistheBOMB

I have no interest in seeing Amy getting any "rebound fun". It defeats the whole purpose of their relationship. I'd frankly be pissed off beyond belief if they ever went there, and probably lose all interest in Shamy. Get Amy angry as much as you want, make her disappear off the radar and have Sheldon go insane over it, but I cannot see her rebounding anywhere.

I completely agree. If there's one thing these two have, it's their single-minded devotion to each other. Both, in their own ways, know that the other is 'the one' for them, and act accordingly. Actual dalliances would seem artificial and dissatisfying to me, though fear of possible dalliances making Sheldon feel insecure and pull up his socks isn't a bad idea. ;)

Oh, how did I miss Lio's post? Welcome to the two-timing gang! You were long-awaited. :)

Edited by Pomita
  • Like 2

Yay! I finally have had my posts approved! I'm legitimately here. ;)

Hello, everyone. Thanks Spook for bringing me over. I've been lurking over here for a few months, and it's lovely to finally be talking to those of you I have never formally met before, and of course to be reunited with old Fan Forum friends. *big hugs, guys* Thanks for the warm welcome. Shamy fans unite! LLTS!

And yes, *waves to CaitAmber*, I'm Fan Fiction's Lionne6, but please feel free to call me Lio.

Edited by Ennoil
  • Like 5

Hello, everyone. Thanks Spook for bringing me over. I've been lurking over here for a few months, and it's lovely to finally be talking to those of you I have never formally met before, and of course to be reunited with old Fan Forum friends. *big hugs, guys* Thanks for the warm welcome. Shamy fans unite! LLTS!

And yes, *waves to CaitAmber*, I'm Fan Fiction's Lionne6, but please feel free to call me Lio.

A big welcome to you! :) I've heard talk of a Lio throughout the thread (nothing negative, so worry not). Mainly spazzing over your fan fiction, which I'm actually planning on reading for the first time tonight - so it's good to meet you. Welcome to the nut house!  :cool: 

Based on everyones rave reviews of your Shamy stories, I'm sure I'll love them to pieces. I've got quite the list of recommendations...  :icon_lol:

• Like 1

Really? You guys talk about my fan fics here? That's incredibly warm fuzzy inducing. Where does that happen? Not that my ego needs enlarging, but I think I'd shyly like to read that. I've really only been following this thread on and off for awhile. Maybe I missed it?

And thank you for the welcome. I do feel like a two-timer though, Pom, but at least I'm in good company with you. ;)

Edited by Ennoil

Really? You guys talk about my fan fics here? That's incredibly warm fuzzy inducing. Where does that happen? Not that my ego needs enlarging, but I think I'd shyly like to read that. I've really only been following this thread on and off for awhile. Maybe I missed it?

And thank you for the welcome. I do feel like a two-timer though, Pom, but at least I'm in good company with you. ;)

I don't remember which pages exactly... But they're in there somewhere, I think generally when you update I see a bunch of posts popping up about the stories and squeeing over the Shamyness. Probably pages 300+ if you really feel like looking.   :lol:

Welcome Lio! Looking forward to your insights; we've heard great things about you. :D

Eta: Agree with your first post, btw. Let's hope all the build-up is indeed leading somewhere.

Edited by Retroluv

You and Kyzzx have spoiled us rotten with these taping reports. We all appreciate the info. Can you imagine the meltdown around here if no info is available on the season finale until it airs? Duck and cover!

Boy, I wish I knew all of you "in real life" so that we could get together for viewing parties, etc. Can you imagine how fun it would be to watch the finale as a group? Can you imagine the nail-biting we'd all be doing simultaneously if we weren't spoiled before it aired? We could all be nervous wrecks together, LOL.

If y'all came to my house, I'd be sure to offer you a hot beverage. So when your guests are about to watch the season finale of a show they have spent countless hours analyzing, dissecting, laughing at, crying over, and generally obsessing about for the last 9 months, and that show is about to go on hiatus for 3 months, what beverage do you offer?

Hot toddy, anyone? ;)

Edited by Retroluv
  • Like 6

Boy, I wish I knew all of you "in real life" so that we could get together for viewing parties, etc. Can you imagine how fun it would be to watch the finale as a group? Can you imagine the nail-biting we'd all be doing simultaneously if we weren't spoiled before it aired? We could all be nervous wrecks together, LOL.

If y'all came to my house, I'd be sure to offer you a hot beverage. So when your guests are about to watch the season finale of a show they have spent countless hours analyzing, dissecting, laughing at, crying over, and generally obsessing about for the last 9 months, and that show is about to go on hiatus for 3 months, what beverage do you offer?

Hot toddy, anyone? ;)

I love everything about that!  :icon_mrgreen: 

Viewing parties would be incredible! We'd be like dudes watching the superbowl, but it'd be a thousand times better. Obvs. 

• Like 4

Hot toddy, anyone? ;)

It would be nice if we could have a virtual party, but unfortunately it doesn't even come on at the same time for all of us.  :(

Rewatched TWV last night (at hubby's request, because he wanted to hear Bernie's funny talk during the video gaming  :))  and got to wondering, when Sheldon referred to Amy as a "hotsy-totsy from Glendale," is it fair to say that's a sign of physical attraction?

It would be nice if we could have a virtual party, but unfortunately it doesn't even come on at the same time for all of us.  :(

Rewatched TWV last night (at hubby's request, because he wanted to hear Bernie's funny talk during the video gaming  :))  and got to wondering, when Sheldon referred to Amy as a "hotsy-totsy from Glendale," is it fair to say that's a sign of physical attraction?

Hmm...I've never considered the "hotsy-totsy" line that way, but you could be right. He did call her hot in a round-about way. :)

• Like 1

Oh, "hotsy-totsy" was totally a way of Sheldon saying he thinks Amy is hot - and in a sassy, classy way, as well. Not to mention he thinks he's enslaved with her, which, particularly in that conversation, was Sheldon's way of acknowledging that he is "whipped" by her, which I think is adorable. He doesn't even think twice about that admission being remotely embarassing. He's just puzzled as to how a woman managed to do this versus the aliens he had been anticipating.

• Like 8

Adore your stories! :icon_mrgreen:

It would be nice if we could have a virtual party, but unfortunately it doesn't even come on at the same time for all of us. :(

Rewatched TWV last night (at hubby's request, because he wanted to hear Bernie's funny talk during the video gaming :)) and got to wondering, when Sheldon referred to Amy as a "hotsy-totsy from Glendale," is it fair to say that's a sign of physical attraction?

I have always assumed that Sheldon views Amy's "attributes" -- from her brain to her physique -- as he does every person or thing associated with his life: greater than or equal to (emphasis on the "greater than") that of any other man. That's why he encourages her to "take [her] breasts out" and chastises Raj for implying that Amy has no sexually exploitable qualities -- he sees her as either comparable or superior to Penny vis-a-vis attractiveness. Whether it's pure ego or a genuine capacity to appreciate his girlfriend's unique beauty remains to be seen. But I do think that he views Amy as a "hotsy-totsy" because she appeals to him physically.

The issue is that it's a tertiary (if that) concern to him at this point. My theory is that his admiration and love for her will eventually push him to express his affection in a physical way, and once he gets past his fear of touch/germs, physical attraction will spark desire for her.

Sorry, that was wayyy more than you asked for. I was on a roll.

Edited by Retroluv
  • Like 8

Adore your stories! :icon_mrgreen:

Thank you! Just posted a new chapter this evening, and hope you'll like it. Probably one of the more serious Shamy moments I've ever written.

As for living all in the same town - how much would I love that?! I sometimes hate how far apart we all are. A friend of mine from the other boards (some of you know her, Meg) came to visit me about a month ago, and we watched a bunch of season 5 together, and it was a JOY. We would laugh through every episode and then discuss them at length after while eating junk food, and it was a blast. Wish we could all get together to do it in person, particularly for this season's finale. I have a feeling that I'm going to be desperately wishing for all of my Shamy friends to be sitting around holding my hand, just like the ending of last season.

Perhaps we should take a voew to have a massive Shamy "spiritual hand-holding" when the next episode airs?

• Like 3

Thank you! Just posted a new chapter this evening, and hope you'll like it. Probably one of the more serious Shamy moments I've ever written.

As for living all in the same town - how much would I love that?! I sometimes hate how far apart we all are. A friend of mine from the other boards (some of you know her, Meg) came to visit me about a month ago, and we watched a bunch of season 5 together, and it was a JOY. We would laugh through every episode and then discuss them at length after while eating junk food, and it was a blast. Wish we could all get together to do it in person, particularly for this season's finale. I have a feeling that I'm going to be desperately wishing for all of my Shamy friends to be sitting around holding my hand, just like the ending of last season.

Perhaps we should take a voew to have a massive Shamy "spiritual hand-holding" when the next episode airs?

Count me in! This Sharmy hand-hold session will have some virtual Canadian handness in it.  :)

• Like 2

Good morning everyone!

Yay Lio has been approved! I hate the phase where you have to wait for you posts to be approved and then they get buried under another 50 pages before they do and nobody reads them! lol.

Anyway, re: TWV, I just mentioned I was watching it yesterday and how much it is a mirror of TFGD, even in the dialogue! I never noticed how similar the dialogue is. 

The hotsy-totsy comment: I think it's a combination of both Sheldon's ego and actual attraction to Amy. He's always been very complimentary of her, the whole vixen thing to me always indicated that he found her 'hot', as that's a word one would normally use for someone who's attractive and sensual. I think the writers deliberately used it to show that while it isn't a word that "normal" people would normally associate with someone like Amy, Sheldon does, which 1) makes it funny for the viewer but also 2) says a lot about Sheldon's "type" and perception of her. I'm still bummed they cut the mind as aphrodisiac line in 6x17, that's also connected to this whole thing. 

• Like 2

Good morning everyone!

Yay Lio has been approved! I hate the phase where you have to wait for you posts to be approved and then they get buried under another 50 pages before they do and nobody reads them! lol.

Anyway, re: TWV, I just mentioned I was watching it yesterday and how much it is a mirror of TFGD, even in the dialogue! I never noticed how similar the dialogue is. 

The hotsy-totsy comment: I think it's a combination of both Sheldon's ego and actual attraction to Amy. He's always been very complimentary of her, the whole vixen thing to me always indicated that he found her 'hot', as that's a word one would normally use for someone who's attractive and sensual. I think the writers deliberately used it to show that while it isn't a word that "normal" people would normally associate with someone like Amy, Sheldon does, which 1) makes it funny for the viewer but also 2) says a lot about Sheldon's "type" and perception of her. I'm still bummed they cut the mind as aphrodisiac line in 6x17, that's also connected to this whole thing. 

Yeah, that phase is a lot of fun. ;) Nothing more welcoming than getting your newbie thoughts popping up four pages behind the current topic. 

And I'm curious about something. 

I've only read taping reports for probably about half of season six, so for the longest time I had no idea they even existed. Koops, you mentioned this specific moment where a TR moment didn't make it to the final cut of the episode - are there any other instances that you guys can remember where this has happened, and it's been something interesting like Sheldon's aphrodisiac comment? 

As far as I know, usually if it's something good for Shamy they leave it in, rather than take it out. Or they go with the "good" take. The only one I can remember that was slightly different but maybe even saucier was when Sheldon karate-chopped Leonard and he originally said "She's not yours". Same meaning as "She's not for you" but to me makes it slightly saucier. 

• Like 1

As far as I know, usually if it's something good for Shamy they leave it in, rather than take it out. Or they go with the "good" take. The only one I can remember that was slightly different but maybe even saucier was when Sheldon karate-chopped Leonard and he originally said "She's not yours". Same meaning as "She's not for you" but to me makes it slightly saucier. 

... I know it's hardly a difference, but the original makes it soooo much better. Probably just because he sounds way more possessive of Amy.  :icon_cheesygrin:

Wow, Lio! I can't believe it has taken me this long to discover your stories! I knew you were MarisolX's beta, but never thought to click on your name. Doh! I am such an amateur.

Anyway, wanted you to know that what I've had a chance to read so far is brilliant. Nothing you haven't heard, I'm sure, but thought I'd add my two cents and let you know that you've gained another fan. :D Do you write original work as well?

Aw, shucks *kicks the dirt* Thanks so much for your compliments. I've gotten a lot more into writing my own fan fic now that Mari doesn't have a lot of work for me to do, and I've been enjoying it. I haven't written anything but TBBT fan fics for a long time, but I have written my own stories before. However, fan fic isn't the place to post them, so I don't know if I'll ever end up letting those see the light of day again.

Back to the Shamy - I think the only line I wish had made it in from a taping report that didn't was back at the start of this season, when Sheldon said something but how he was the Brazil nut of boyfriends, and he wasn't good enough for her. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with the choices they've made to include the past two seasons over the things they have not.

Also, going back to the last episode, I have turned over in my mind that moment down in the laundry room a few times. I think you guys might have already discussed this here, but I was very intregued by the fact that the entire exchange with the girls and Sheldon was soaked in sexual metaphor and language coming from Sheldon's side. From the moment they stepped in, and Amy said that he had something they wanted, he assumed it was sex. Then when they told him it was his knowledge they were after, he still invited them to "ravish" him. And I almost wonder if Sheldon's odd bear claw comment was aimed at Amy just because she walked in there saying she wanted something from him and she didn't mean sex.

Perhaps he was disappointed. ;)

Edited by Ennoil
  • Like 7