The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

MJistheBOMB

With Sheldon, physical contact is evidence of very strong emotions.

Sheldon hugged Wil Wheaton and resisted his sister. It doesn't hold through. 

Saying :"Sorry" in TVS was more fulfilling than say the hand-hold in TCR. IMO.

I'm just not clamoring for physicality doesn't always mean emotion. 

So at work today a couple of people we're having a conversation that I realy wasn't a part of or even cared about, lol. Jokingly, I said 'this doesn't interest me, goodbye'. I started lol, (so did my friends, the people talking) cause it reminded me of Amy and the Skype convo between her and Sheldon.

Well, as I was on my way out for my break I asked another coworker(who I know watches the show) if he remembered that scene. He laughed and said, "Amy! She's a butterfly instead of a caterpillar. When she first care on she was like this little caterpillar and now she's just blossomed into a beautiful butterfly."

I thought that was so sweet :) Thought I'd share it.

Edited by keie
  • Like 8

I just realized there's no episode this week.  Stupid basketball.  :icon_cry:

I'm making up for the wack of an aiwing Big Bang Theowy episode by having a Bawwy Kwipke mawathon.  Fiwst up, the Cooper/Kwipke Invewsion. 

I'm making up for the wack of an aiwing Big Bang Theowy episode by having a Bawwy Kwipke mawathon.  Fiwst up, the Cooper/Kwipke Invewsion. 

That's awesome!  I love the scene when Sheldon and Kripke play basketball--or try to.  Favorite part of that scene is when Sheldon complains that Kripke hit him with the basketball on purpose and Leonard says dryly, "No, he didn't.  Nothing that's happening here is being done on purpose."

I love that whole basketball scene as well.  They are both so pathetic at sports that it is hilarious.   They were so funny...I think I laughed the hardest at that episode than any other because of that one scene

Jim and John have wonderful chemistry on screen as Barry and Sheldon

• Like 2

That's awesome!  I love the scene when Sheldon and Kripke play basketball--or try to.  Favorite part of that scene is when Sheldon complains that Kripke hit him with the basketball on purpose and Leonard says dryly, "No, he didn't.  Nothing that's happening here is being done on purpose."

I love that whole basketball scene as well.  They are both so pathetic at sports that it is hilarious.   They were so funny...I think I laughed the hardest at that episode than any other because of that one scene

Jim and John have wonderful chemistry on screen as Barry and Sheldon

I love those moments as well! They just aren't in the episode I mentioned. :p Cooper-Kripke Inversion is the "I'm working on it / it's a possibility" episode, where Kripke keeps grilling Sheldon for details about his sex life with Amy.

However, I adore the Rothman Disintegration as well! (which is when the two fight over the office) 

Jim and John really do work well together, their scenes are hilarious. 

Though on a slightly random side note: I'm watching the Rothman Disintegration now, and I had a thought. After Sheldon and Barry finish talking with President Siebert in the bathroom, Siebert leaves without washing his hands... 

Has anybody else noticed that? 

/skincrawls  :wacko:

• Like 2

I love those moments as well! They just aren't in the episode I mentioned. :p Cooper-Kripke Inversion is the "I'm working on it / it's a possibility" episode, where Kripke keeps grilling Sheldon for details about his sex life with Amy.

However, I adore the Rothman Disintegration as well! (which is when the two fight over the office) 

Jim and John really do work well together, their scenes are hilarious. 

I just brought it up because you said you were going to watch a marathon.  Mini-marathons are a great idea for summer.  In addition to Kripke, there's Leslie Winkle, Wil Wheaton, visiting relatives, L/P-themed episodes, Sheldon/Leonard fights, Sheldon/Penny friendship, Raj/Howard bromance moments, girls vs. guys, Sheldon isn't himself.  The possibilities are endless.

I just brought it up because you said you were going to watch a marathon.  Mini-marathons are a great idea for summer.  In addition to Kripke, there's Leslie Winkle, Wil Wheaton, visiting relatives, L/P-themed episodes, Sheldon/Leonard fights, Sheldon/Penny friendship, Raj/Howard bromance moments, girls vs. guys, Sheldon isn't himself.  The possibilities are endless.

Oh... Well then! My apologies.  :lol: 

Mini-marathons are awesome when you don't feel like doing a season marathon. 

Whew!  I think 10 pages of shamy talk has been added since I've posted last.  Too much to comment on.  I'm looking forward to the rest of the season!  Something MUST happen between shamy before the end of the season and I believe the writers will do it justice.

Shamynatress-loooveee your sig about the Shamy Meltdown Spring 2013- I'm a survivor as well! :p

There is something that I can't get. Kripke does Rock climbing, why did he just behave like he had nothing to do with sport.

Writing inconsistency, I'd say.  You could make an argument that rock climbing isn't competitive and shouldn't be considered a sport, but that's a stretch.

Hi guys. I've been stalking this thread since it was first started and I've loved your discussion. I thought it was about time I join in. Also, thanks Gothictexan123 for giving me the push I needed.  :icon_wink:

For those who have never watched this tapping vid before: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCS3619pol4

I still love the Canada bit. 

"What are you studying?" 

"Igloo architecture." 

"Igloo architecture? I want you to look into that camera and explain how to build an igloo." 

"Well I don't know, I haven't finished the course yet!" 

"Who are you people!?" 

"Canadians!" 

For those who have never watched this tapping vid before: :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCS3619pol4

That's fascinating.  Maybe somebody who has been to a taping can answer this question.  There are too many different sets (all the different apartments, comic book store, cafeteria, Sheldon's office, Howard's lab, CF) to have them all laid out from left to right as the audience is sitting there, right?  So how do they do that?  Are some of the sets movable?