The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MJistheBOMB

The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

I was freaking out for the past five hours and it still haven't sink in entirely. Just imagine when this episode airs... RATINGS BE DAMNED.

• Like 1

The more I keep hearing and the discussions here from my Shamy fan buddies, I am more and more convinced that this was one of the most beautifully orchestrated and planned romances ever!   I agree with Spook...Sheldon knows he is in love with Amy and thus the reason he has been working on it in every episode...knowing that he is going to eventually let down that "cross that we all must bear" and give in to his feelings of arousal for her.   I believe he also has known all this season and even toward the end of last...that he was struggling already with his feelings for her and that they have only been increasing and not decreasing.   Thus it led to this admission!   This is so huge and much earlier in the season (even in this season) than I was expecting but I am thrilled with it.  It means that as a fan, I know that he and Amy really are on the same page and moving toward the same goals.   The only thing that would solidify it even further is if he were to make a remark about "someday when Amy and I get married" or something along those lines.  It would just show that he is thinking of it...which I do believe he is (not just coitus...but actually marrying her).  I think his witnessing Howard and Bernadette marry an be happy has convinced him that it is possible.   I love it!:wub:

I love how everything is making a lot more sense for this entire season from this episode.   It is amazing how well it has come together.   Kudos to the writers...who never cease to stun me.   :icon_lol:

Oh my...and to let his virtual parents (Leonard and Penny...because they have always acted like his virtual parents/siblings) in on his plan...it is brilliant!   :icon_biggrin:

What a beautiful use of Kripkie in this one as well.   I mean...when we think back a couple of years ago to Sheldon who always put work before everything...and now this....it is amazingly warm fuzzies to me.   He has realized there is more to life than work....and that more to life is Amy!  :icon_biggrin:

Oh my...

I hate this, my inner squeal is getting so extreme that it's actually physically hurting my chest but I can't let it out because there are always too many people in my room!!!

This sounds INCREDIBLE! I think this just solidifies my thoughts even more about how lucky we are to be Shamy shippers. I mean, I had a stupid grin on my face during my exam without all the details I know now, so you can't imagine the look on my face at this point!

It also feels so awesome to share in the joy with you guys, as cheesy as that sounds, but its actually helping a little with the pain in my chest xD. I agree with loads of the points above, now we have solid proof that Sheldon's feelings aren't just real but stronger than I ever thought they would be at this point! I'm really looking forward to the taping report, but I'm perfectly fine to wallow in my happiness for the time being :D.

Okay, I've read through this and the Spoiler thread and I'm a MESS!!!!

I'm trying desperately to work on my month-end spreadsheet, but I'm afraid I'm going to end up entering SHAMY in one of the columns. :p

I don't have too much to add to the conversation because I'm still trying to process everything, but I did have one question.

I take it that Sheldon welcome's Kripke's assumptions about his sex life because it gives him an excuse as to why his physics work is inferior--in other words, Sheldon can "blame" his supposed new sex life for the inferiority of his work rather than have to admit that his work is inferior because he's not the smartest guy on the planet.

However, it seems that after that he seems perfectly content to let everyone think he's a sex-god, whereas before he wanted to be highly thought of for his mental prowess.

Hmm.... :)

• Like 2

I think all Shamy fans today are struggling with school, exams, work, etc.   I know I am having a hard time focusing on work today...and I can so relate phantagrae about month-end (and year-end) spreadsheets.  I had one I worked on for hours on Monday that gave me a lot of grief!  :icon_lol:   I am now thankful that is behind me because I would be a mess if I had to work on it today.   :icon_wink:

I also agree that this is huge about Sheldon preferring to be known as a sex-god over mental genius...it is just such a transformation!  I can't even express it.  It is so mind-blowing. :icon_lol:

Okay, uh, wow. I was there too last night and it was freaking amazing. I would do a very poor job of an episode recap but I will try to answer some questions that have already been asked and describe the Shamy scenes. The episode title wasn't printed on the program. Howard, Raj and Bernadette were confined to the subplot, which had to do with Howard and Raj buying a 3-D printer to make action figures of themselves. Bernadette is only in a single scene. The fight is about the large amount of money Howard spent without consulting her. FYI they played the Bakersfield episode beforehand and it was hilarious.

Amy was only in the apartment scene where she hugged a very upset Sheldon. I'll try to recall the dialogue for this scene.

Amy: One of my nicotine addicted monkeys has taken to smoking a pipe. When it comes time to dissect his brain it's going to be difficult because he reminds me of my uncle.

Sheldon: Oh.

Amy: you seem awfully quiet tonight, is everything okay?

Sheldon : I'm fine.

Amy: What happened at work today? Did you read Kripke's proposal?

Sheldon: Yes, and his work is leaps and bounds ahead of mine. Which means, the mommy of the smartest physicist at the university is no longer my mommy. It's his mommy! (He bows his head and begins to cry quietly. He is sort of fighting back tears rather than sobbing).

Amy: Sheldon, I'm sorry, I wish there was something I could do.

(Sheldon nods while keeping his head bowed)

Amy: How about a comforting embrace? (I'm pretty sure she doesn't say hug, IDK).

Sheldon: it couldn't hurt.

Amy scoots over to him on the couch and encloses her arms around him.

Amy: how does that feel?

Sheldon: like a boa constrictor is crushing me.

Amy has a very brief look of hurt on her face as she is rebuffed and removes her arms.

Sheldon: I didn't tell you to stop!

Amy wraps her arms over him again and one of Sheldon's hands covers Amy forearm.

The other scenes I'm not going to attempt to recreate the dialogue, but I'll give a run down and answer any questions you have until the other ladies have time to write up a report. Kripke is actually very generous about Sheldon's sub-par work. Sheldon invites Kripke to mock him, but instead he says that Sheldon has some great insights but its just not at the level he expected from Sheldon. Kripke says he thinks he knows why: he's lost focus because he's getting laid. Sheldon jumps at this reasoning to excuse himself and responds that his work is suffering because of "all the laid I am getting". I think Kripke asks if they had sex the night before and Sheldon replies yes, with a hilarious Sheldony description of their sex life. Kripke is a bit of a perv and asks questions about how much sex they have and Sheldon does his best to answer them LOL.

The last scene before the tag opens with Sheldon and Leonard in their spots and Penny sitting in the desk chair. They're eating dinner. Sheldon asks Leonard to go along with his story if Kripke should ask. Sheldon describes himself as a lover, I can't remember the first two adjectives but (I think) he ends with 'whimsically adventurous'. Leonard asks Penny if she would describe his (Leonard's) love making as whimsically adventurous. She says yeah, she read on the back of a bathroom stall door 'for whimsically adventurous time, call Leonard Hofstader' It's cute.

My memory is fading on the rest (shock, I suppose) but I'll try to recall the gist of this scene.

Penny asks why is he making up stuff about him and Amy. Sheldon says because the alternative would make him look stupid. She asks whether he and Amy will ever have sex. Leonard tries to shush her and says we don't ask Sheldon those questions and she says you don't, but I do. Sheldon says word around campus is that he has been giving Amy's genital region a proper jostling (idk, something like that LOL)

Penny then asks something like what is the problem with having a physical relationship with Amy; they have been going out for a long time and Amy would like one. I think she says, what's the deal? Leonard says well now that we are down the rabbit hole, what is the deal? Sheldon explains that he has an aversion to physical contact but that he's been working on it. He says for example he recently put vapor rub on Amy's chest but a year ago that would have been unthinkable. Leonard says that's how he feels when he has to put vapor rub on Sheldon LOL. Sheldon says he's 'very fond' of Amy.

Penny then asks does this mean that one day you and Amy might have a physical relationship? She may have said have sex the first two takes, I can't recall. Sheldon thinks for awhile and then says its a possibility. On the last take he said, I wouldn't rule it out. Sheldon gets up to go to the fridge, Penny freaks out and grabs Leonard's arm, sort of like silently screaming. She turns and sincerely thanks him for sharing something so personal. He sort of waves a 'no worries' and looks into the fridge. Penny starts hitting Leonard and shaking him. Johnny and Kaley had fun with this between the scenes, she pretending to punch him and Johnny grabbing his wounded arm.

• Like 8

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

Okay, uh, wow. I was there too last night and it was freaking amazing. I would do a very poor job of an episode recap but I will try to answer some questions that have already been asked and describe the Shamy scenes. The episode title wasn't printed on the program. Howard, Raj and Bernadette were confined to the subplot, which had to do with Howard and Raj buying a 3-D printer to make action figures of themselves. Bernadette is only in a single scene. The fight is about the large amount of money Howard spent without consulting her. FYI they played the Bakersfield episode beforehand and it was hilarious.

Amy was only in the apartment scene where she hugged a very upset Sheldon. I'll try to recall the dialogue for this scene.

Amy: One of my nicotine addicted monkeys has taken to smoking a pipe. When it comes time to dissect his brain it's going to be difficult because he reminds me of my uncle.

Sheldon: Yes, and his work is leaps and bounds ahead of mine. Which means, the mommy of the smartest physicist at the university is no longer my mommy. It's his mommy! (He bows his head and begins to cry quietly. He is sort of fighting back tears rather than sobbing).

Amy: How about a comforting embrace? (I'm pretty sure she doesn't say hug, IDK).

Amy has a very brief look of hurt on her face as she is rebuffed and removes her arms.

Amy wraps her arms over him again and one of Sheldon's hands covers Amy forearm.

The other scenes I'm not going to attempt to recreate the dialogue, but I'll give a run down and answer any questions you have until the other ladies have time to write up a report. Kripke is actually very generous about Sheldon's sub-par work. Sheldon invites Kripke to mock him, but instead he says that Sheldon has some great insights but its just not at the level he expected from Sheldon. Kripke says he thinks he knows why: he's lost focus because he's getting laid. Sheldon jumps at this reasoning to excuse himself and responds that his work is suffering because of "all the laid I am getting". I think Kripke asks if they had sex the night before and Sheldon replies yes, with a hilarious Sheldony description of their sex life. Kripke is a bit of a perv and asks questions about how much sex they have and Sheldon does his best to answer them LOL.

The last scene before the tag opens with Sheldon and Leonard in their spots and Penny sitting in the desk chair. They're eating dinner. Sheldon asks Leonard to go along with his story if Kripke should ask. Sheldon describes himself as a lover, I can't remember the first two adjectives but (I think) he ends with 'whimsically adventurous'. Leonard asks Penny if she would describe his (Leonard's) love making as whimsically adventurous. She says yeah, she read on the back of a bathroom stall door 'for whimsically adventurous time, call Leonard Hofstader' It's cute.

My memory is fading on the rest (shock, I suppose) but I'll try to recall the gist of this scene.

Penny asks why is he making up stuff about him and Amy. Sheldon says because the alternative would make him look stupid. She asks whether he and Amy will ever have sex. Leonard tries to shush her and says we don't ask Sheldon those questions and she says you don't, but I do. Sheldon says word around campus is that he has been giving Amy's genital region a proper jostling (idk, something like that LOL)

Penny then asks something like what is the problem with having a physical relationship with Amy; they have been going out for a long time and Amy would like one. I think she says, what's the deal? Leonard says well now that we are down the rabbit hole, what is the deal? Sheldon explains that he has an aversion to physical contact but that he's been working on it. He says for example he recently put vapor rub on Amy's chest but a year ago that would have been unthinkable. Leonard says that's how he feels when he has to put vapor rub on Sheldon LOL. Sheldon says he's 'very fond' of Amy.

Penny then asks does this mean that one day you and Amy might have a physical relationship? She may have said have sex the first two takes, I can't recall. Sheldon thinks for awhile and then says its a possibility. On the last take he said, I wouldn't rule it out. Sheldon gets up to go to the fridge, Penny freaks out and grabs Leonard's arm, sort of like silently screaming. She turns and sincerely thanks him for sharing something so personal. He sort of waves a 'no worries' and looks into the fridge. Penny starts hitting Leonard and shaking him. Johnny and Kaley had fun with this between the scenes, she pretending to punch him and Johnny grabbing his wounded arm.

thank you so much for all of this details! I am loving every detail of this!

Oooo...thank you Bostrich for the update.  I cannot wait for this episode.  It is going to be so awesome!  Love the whimsically adventurous line!

By the way, Sheldon can use the words very fond when he describes his feelings for Amy, but we all know the guy is head over heels in love with her!  :icon_lol:

Edited by stardustmelody

Omg, bostrich, thank you so much for the extra details! Sheldon does sound so grown up. And that whole conversation puts two things to rest: what's his deal with sex and how he feels about Amy. Being 'very fond' is Sheldonian for 'loving her'. 

I also find incredibly endearing that Amy, the girl who never gets looked at twice, is the one who's getting Sheldon Cooper to consider sex. Oh Amy you're so special and you don't even know it.

• Like 1

Dead. I am dead.

It's moving along a little quicker than I thought it would actually.  I don't know they are signed up for how many seasons, 7, is that right?  Are they not thinking beyond Season 7?  From a grab of the hand 5.24 to saying that they could have sex 6.14, wow!

Okay, I've read through this and the Spoiler thread and I'm a MESS!!!!

I'm trying desperately to work on my month-end spreadsheet, but I'm afraid I'm going to end up entering SHAMY in one of the columns. :p

I don't have too much to add to the conversation because I'm still trying to process everything, but I did have one question.

I take it that Sheldon welcome's Kripke's assumptions about his sex life because it gives him an excuse as to why his physics work is inferior--in other words, Sheldon can "blame" his supposed new sex life for the inferiority of his work rather than have to admit that his work is inferior because he's not the smartest guy on the planet.

However, it seems that after that he seems perfectly content to let everyone think he's a sex-god, whereas before he wanted to be highly thought of for his mental prowess.

Hmm.... :)

Yes, I love that that's the take they took on it. They could have gone for the cliche' "Sheldon's starting to be sexually frustrated/laid and his work suffer" and instead they went for this completely original take on that classic sitcom cliche' which is just brilliant. The fact that it is SO Sheldon that he would never admit his work is sub-par because it just is so he uses a non-existent sex life as an excuse. And at the same time it says so much about how he feels about sex. I LOVE Penny's line of questioning. And I love how he just opens up about it, while SOBER, that he has just accepted it that he has a problem that he needs to overcome to give Amy everything she wants. I cannot wait for Amy to find out what's going on in that big brain of his, I have a feeling I'll be bawling my eyes out.

Thank you Bostrich!! :)

I'm sure the hug scene will be wonderful. I don't think though that I can stand seeing Sheldon on the verge of crying...my heart!!!

It's moving along a little quicker than I thought it would actually.  I don't know they are signed up for how many seasons, 7, is that right?  Are they not thinking beyond Season 7?  From a grab of the hand 5.24 to saying that they could have sex 6.14, wow!

Actual sex is at least 2 seasons away I think. Possibly 3. Now the idea is out there....

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I can't help but thinking that the writers intent with this episode is laying basis for future development on the Shamy relationship as a whole and not solely around sex. I think that in their case, sex will be the culmination of their relationship (which I find it to be beautiful).

By warning the audience that that's where they are going with them, it will, first, lessen he OOC claims when it comes to Sheldon's actions towards Amy, as there is an explanation now, and also leesen the voices saying that "Sheldon is not into Amy in that way" that arise from time to time. Now, there will be no doubt that Sheldon does really think of Amy in a non-platonic way and that he is working his way through his own insecurities and fear for her.

• Like 2

I can't help but thinking that the writers intent with this episode is laying basis for future development on the Shamy relationship as a whole and not solely around sex. I think that in their case, sex will be the culmination of their relationship (which I find it to be beautiful).

By warning the audience that that's where they are going with them, it will, first, lessen he OOC claims when it comes to Sheldon's actions towards Amy, as there is an explanation now, and also leesen the voices saying that "Sheldon is not into Amy in that way" that arise from time to time. Now, there will be no doubt that Sheldon does really think of Amy in a non-platonic way and that he is working his way through his own insecurities and fear for her.

Quoting this because I've run out of likes. There is no way for me to describe how much I'm loving all of this. They are stating outright why they are dragging it out, unlike other shows where they just tease endlessly and meaninglessly with the will they/won't they: Sheldon has a big problem he needs to overcome but he's aware of it and willing to try. The problem isn't that he is asexual or that Amy doesn't do it for him but it's all in his head. It's like they've made a statement with this episode: this is the deal, no more speculation, but don't expect anything soon.

And it's so unbelievably poignant and touching for a sitcom! I always had a feeling this was the undercurrent, but I never expected it to be this poignant. I mean, I don't know how that last scene plays out on screen, but I'm honestly getting quite emotional about it. 

• Like 4

Exactly. Get that elephant out of the room and it gives them to the chance to explore other areas of their relationship.

Actual sex is at least 2 seasons away I think. Possibly 3. Now the idea is out there....

Agree. Actual sex is far off but between Fish Guts and this latest development, they're laying down groundwork for what will happen between now and then. I'm sure the writers will find some ingenuous ways to keep the flame alive, so to speak, without actually doing the deed. Hopefully, the journey will be fascinating to watch.I'm glad they're finally being a lot less ambiguous about Sheldon's feelings too.

I think I've more or less given up on trying to do my month-end report for the time being.

This is KILLING ME!!!!!!!

Thanks, Bostrich, for the added details.  I love the "whimsically adventurous" description... :D

And I think it's interesting that instead of telling Amy that he's no longer the smartest physicist, he uses the "mommy of the smartest physicist" line.  Very Sheldony, in a way, but still unusual.  I love it!

Edited to add: I also love the dialog about the Vapo-rub.  I don't take that Sheldon was thinking of it as a sexual moment, but just that the idea of physical contact wasn't as off-putting as it would have been not long ago, which is then kind of underscored by Leonard's remark--which cracks me up, too.  They're always hinting that poor Leonard has done all kinds of things for Sheldon that no other friend/roommate would ever do (like checking him for lice--and apparently not just on his head...)

I think that Sheldon's willingness to put the Vapo-rub on Amy wasn't so that he could touch her sexually or cop a feel or look at her bare chest or whatever, but more an indicator of the progress of his feelings in that he wanted to take care of her, cared about her (as he said) and that because of all of that, he was able to physically touch her at all.

While he welcomes the ministrations of others in that regard, he wouldn't have been able to bring himself to do such a thing until his relationship with Amy began to make him want to overcome those aversions.

January 31st cannot come soon enough!!

I got some iTunes money for Christmas and this episode is SO going to be downloaded onto my iPad for repeated HD viewing!!! :D

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 1

bostrich, it was nice meeting you yesterday. Was that your first taping??

Anyway, I also loved the moment when he walks off to the fridge and after Penny thanks him, he gives the sweetest smile. Are they trying to kill me??????? LOL.

Monique

Thanks Bostrich! I seriously cannot wait until the end of this month!! :D

tumblr_m1fdsgUug21qkws20.gif

Edited by Razberrypie

Quoting this because I've run out of likes. There is no way for me to describe how much I'm loving all of this. They are stating outright why they are dragging it out, unlike other shows where they just tease endlessly and meaninglessly with the will they/won't they: Sheldon has a big problem he needs to overcome but he's aware of it and willing to try. The problem isn't that he is asexual or that Amy doesn't do it for him but it's all in his head. It's like they've made a statement with this episode: this is the deal, no more speculation, but don't expect anything soon.

And it's so unbelievably poignant and touching for a sitcom! I always had a feeling this was the undercurrent, but I never expected it to be this poignant. I mean, I don't know how that last scene plays out on screen, but I'm honestly getting quite emotional about it. 

quoting because just my first 5 minutes in the site i instantly exhausted my likes limit for today. Anyway, I share the same ideas with Yanina, Kiru, Pupychow, and spook.

Remember, BABY STEPS.

• Like 1