The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

MJistheBOMB

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, this is what tumblr is supposedly for. As much as I love to look at .gifs of all of these guys, I like to keep things somewhat separated and appropriate to various places. When I want pictures and nothing but pictures, I can go to tumblr and type in exactly what I want to see .gifs of. When I want an intelligent conversation and discussion about TBBT and the Shamy, I come here.

But now apparently all of these wires are getting crossed.

:icon_mrgreen: Please don't be mad..we just couldn't stop.... :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

The GIF's are pretty over whelming, aren't they? 

And I just nearly gave myself a heart attack. I glanced at the thread name and thought it said "The Shenny thread!" and I was like "WHAT FRESH HELL IS THIS?!  :icon_eek: "

Yeah, they gave me a lot of ....dirty... dirty...dirty...thoughts... :icon_redface:

Shenny.... hell no...

Edited by silverangelD

Why would it sound strange? Jim does a very sexy eyebrow raise, period. ;)

I'm loving the gif attacks. I have to say, I'm so mesmerized by Jim/Mayim in Paley, I could gaze at them forever.. there's just something about them. They look so gentle and elegant, connected, warm and witty and intelligent and.. I don't know, I'm running out of adjectives. :icon_redface:

Just like they spread a spell, some kind of magic around them. Just can't take eyes off of them..Their smiles and joy that they are so close to each other is so beautiful. And Jim is so flirty and gentlemanly and at the same time, so charming and supportive, and Mayim looks like she feels so safe near to him and so happy that he is close to her.... I love it...

Interesting thoughts from the chat, guys. 

A while back there was an undated article posted in this thread, where Mayim was asked if her religion made it difficult to do certain things as an actress (or something to that  effect) and she responded saying that it didn't, and made a comment about how an upcoming BBT episode had increased physical moments in it. 

It was baffling, because to this day we have not had anything that would match the spoiler Mayim gave in the interview, I think it was also mentioned that the last bit of affection we've really seen with Shamy was the Valentine's day episode, which we have discovered via Mayim originally had a very different ending. 

Then a thought struck me: What if both are connected? 

What if the spoiler Mayim gave in the interview was referring to the Valentine's Day episode and it's original ending? That may explain why Mayim's spoiler makes no sense now, and might shed more light on what this mysterious ending was. 

Any thoughts, lovelies? 

I dig this theory, it's definitely very intriguing. The only thing I can think of is whether the interview is actually VERY old and refers to Fish Guts. But would they wait 5 months to publish it? 

I dig this theory, it's definitely very intriguing. The only thing I can think of is whether the interview is actually VERY old and refers to Fish Guts. But would they wait 5 months to publish it? 

I'm hoping that it was post Fish Guts,  'cause having it be a reference to the mysterious ending of the v-day episode would be awesome, and would definitely answer a few questions anyway. 

I don't think that they waited 5 months to publish it. What for. Like Cait noticed that it could refer to alternative ending of v-day episode. If this is true, that means in that alternative ending of v-day episode was something physical....That mistery intriguing me. I wonder why they changed it... too much, too soon ....And how  it will have influence on last two episodes (if any...?) They said that in last episode will be something meaningful and intimate for characters, so maybe they will dragged it little in time...but I wonder why..

I'm hoping that it was post Fish Guts,  'cause having it be a reference to the mysterious ending of the v-day episode would be awesome, and would definitely answer a few questions anyway. 

Wouldn't be the only time they decided to change an ending. Remember the re-write of 'Streetcar' they shot and never used (6-17)?

Interesting thoughts from the chat, guys. 

A while back there was an undated article posted in this thread, where Mayim was asked if her religion made it difficult to do certain things as an actress (or something to that  effect) and she responded saying that it didn't, and made a comment about how an upcoming BBT episode had increased physical moments in it. 

It was baffling, because to this day we have not had anything that would match the spoiler Mayim gave in the interview, I think it was also mentioned that the last bit of affection we've really seen with Shamy was the Valentine's day episode, which we have discovered via Mayim originally had a very different ending. 

Then a thought struck me: What if both are connected? 

What if the spoiler Mayim gave in the interview was referring to the Valentine's Day episode and it's original ending? That may explain why Mayim's spoiler makes no sense now, and might shed more light on what this mysterious ending was. 

Any thoughts, lovelies? 

I remember this interview. I believe she was referring to the episode that was taped, but not yet aired about her helping Sheldon not complete every task...(the one that includes the dominorgasm :)). She said that if her religion were an issue on set, if she refused to touch a man on screen, that that episode wouldn't have happended. Which led me to believe there was some touching happening between Sheldon and Amy in that episode, but we didn't hear about any in the taping report....Did they cut another good Shamy moment?

Edited by shamylove

Attached are the sides to a waiter for episode 6.23.   So the script is at least written for that episode.   Or at least a first draft is written. :icon_wink:   It is all Raj/Lucy though.

On a separate note, it appears Newhart is slated to do a couple of more episodes sometime in the future.   http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/04/the-big-bang-theory-guest-star-bob-newhart-i-work-with-fools.html

BGT_Season6.23_waiter.pdf

Edited by stardustmelody

Wouldn't be the only time they decided to change an ending. Remember the re-write of 'Streetcar' they shot and never used (6-17)?

Sure do remember it! Sheldon performing his better version of Streetcar, while wearing a wife-beater. I really hope that makes its way into the Season 6 extras.

I remember this interview. I believe she was referring to the episode that was taped, but not yet aired about her helping Sheldon not complete every task...(the one that includes the dominorgasm :)). She said that if her religion were an issue on set, if she refused to touch a man on screen, that that episode wouldn't have happended. Which led me to believe there was some touching happening between Sheldon and Amy in that episode, but we didn't hear about any in the taping report....Did they cut another good Shamy moment?

I don't know if the interview is that new, but I'm hoping that she was referring to the Valentines episode. The episode with the Dominorgasm didn't have any touching with the Shamy in it, or at least on taping day there wasn't any. So I'd be leaning more towards (or at least hoping) that it's connected to the Valentines episode.

Attached are the sides to a waiter for episode 6.23.   So the script is at least written for that episode.   Or at least a first draft is written. :icon_wink:   It is all Raj/Lucy though.

On a separate note, it appears Newhart is slated to do a couple of more episodes sometime in the future.   http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/04/the-big-bang-theory-guest-star-bob-newhart-i-work-with-fools.html

Sounds like Raj is trying to help Lucy become more assertive.  Could be fun.

Yipppeeeeee to more Bob Newhart!  :)

I am excited to hear that Bob Newhart is suppose to be back.   Hopefully next time, Mayim will be around and she will get a scene with him.

Please let 6.23 be the last we ever see of Lucy.  Don't like the actress or character.  I would rather see Raj have a variety of g/f's over the remainder of the series.  

I have to say, looking at the sides, I was sitting there thinking to myself...same 'ole same 'ole with her character.  They don't seem to be able to figure out what to do with her.  She isn't resonating.  I like the actress fine enough, but see absolutely no chemistry between she and Raj and so far she isn't connecting into the story well either.   It is like they wanted to bring on a "broken" character, but then don't know what to do with her really.   I don't think she is catching on that well to be frank.   I can't figure out why the chemistry isn't working, but it just doesn't seem to be meshing for some reason.

I have to say, looking at the sides, I was sitting there thinking to myself...same 'ole same 'ole with her character.  They don't seem to be able to figure out what to do with her.  She isn't resonating.  I like the actress fine enough, but see absolutely no chemistry between she and Raj and so far she isn't connecting into the story well either.   It is like they wanted to bring on a "broken" character, but then don't know what to do with her really.   I don't think she is catching on that well to be frank.   I can't figure out why the chemistry isn't working, but it just doesn't seem to be meshing for some reason.

I know what you mean but I wonder what I would have thought of Amy if I had been watching when they first brought her on.  It takes a while to get an audience invested in a relationship, and Raj/Lucy may not have had enough time to develop.  I don't see them keeping her on permanently, but the relationship hasn't served its purpose yet.  Raj needs to get some long-overdue lovin' and he needs a catalyst for progress in talking to women.