The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

Congratulations on the milestone. According the forum software this thread is averaging 59.2 posts a day!  :icon_eek: I remember the days when the whole forum didn't see that many posts.

• Like 9

Congratulations on the milestone. According the forum software this thread is averaging 59.2 posts a day!  :icon_eek: I remember the days when the whole forum didn't see that many posts.

We are a chatty bunch :p

• Like 2

Congratulations on the milestone. According the forum software this thread is averaging 59.2 posts a day! :icon_eek: I remember the days when the whole forum didn't see that many posts.

think that shows how popular the show is now!

Over 10,000 posts!!!! Woot!!! Congrats, Shamys! Next season, lets shoot for 15,000! Haha.

We do chat a lot. That explains the awkward silence the often occurs in the chat room. We've discussed everything ;)

• Like 1

Am I the only one that is still re-watching that scene and finding new stuff a week later?

It still blows my mind that *he* stopped her from leaving to initiate the RP. She seemed sort of satisfied with the conversation, any other time he would have happily taken that and ran out of the room back to normal. Yet here he is wanting to go further. HE wants to go FURTHER out of his comfort zone. And when he gets given chance #2 to get out of there when Leonard and Penny come to interrupt, he just want them to leave them alone. Whether he's doing it for himself, for her, or for both of them, may be up for debate, but the fact that he's willingly going where he has never gone before is pretty amazing.

• Like 6

Am I the only one that is still re-watching that scene and finding new stuff a week later?

It still blows my mind that *he* stopped her from leaving to initiate the RP. She seemed sort of satisfied with the conversation, any other time he would have happily taken that and ran out of the room back to normal. Yet here he is wanting to go further. HE wants to go FURTHER out of his comfort zone. And when he gets given chance #2 to get out of there when Leonard and Penny come to interrupt, he just want them to leave them alone. Whether he's doing it for himself, for her, or for both of them, may be up for debate, but the fact that he's willingly going where he has never gone before is pretty amazing.

I like that bit as well because he could of just let her go as she was willing but he wanted to carry on (maybe another hint to the closure ep)
  • Like 2

I like that bit as well because he could of just let her go as she was willing but he wanted to carry on (maybe another hint to the closure ep)

I agree. I also think it was a combination of things for Sheldon. It was a closure thing, it was a want-to-do-this-for-Amy thing, and--most of all--I think it was a perfect opportunity for him to test the waters for himself. He said he "hasn't ruled it out." Sheldon is all about doing research, experimenting, and practicing before he actually engages in something. I believe he felt that if he could achieve sex in a make-believe, role-playing, no-shame environment like this, then the possibility that he could do it in real life with Amy existed.

And, he was successful. SIGH. Next stop ... SIK?

• Like 5

I agree with you guys. He had  an opportunity escape this history. First when Amy went to his room, he just could sit, and do nothing, when he came to her, and she said that he didn't have to come  to cheer her up, he  just could go  out and leave her. But he didn't do it. He did it for her, for her he went far beyond his framework of security. And in that moment he didn't thought  about himself, and about this, that whole this  situation is something unusual, and that game is more important for him. 
In that moment Amy was more important for him, so much that when he said to Howard: "You see what happens when you let girls play D & D?" IMO He wasn't angry at Amy that she went out in the middle of the game, he was angry at Howard, because as much as he wanted do it in the game with Amy,  he didn't want that Amy get upset, and hurt. He was worried about her. IMO he was angry at that all situation; You see what happens if girls play D&D means that if  girls didn't play D&D Amy would not be hurt and upset. It doesn't mean that he didn't want to play with her, and it doesn't mean that he didn't enjoy playing with her, and it doesn't mean that he didn't want to finish sexy D&D with Amy. He just worried about Amy. About her not himself.
He went to her, and he was honest and careful with words he said, and he showed her that she is the most important for him, and that he wants to go beyond his self place for her and for himself. To prove to himself that this is something he can handle, and to show her that only she matters at this moment.
Edited by silverangel

As much as Sheldon likes closure, I am not sure it was closure on the game as much as "closure" on their conversation he was seeking when he asked her to stay and then proposed they continue playing the game.  I think he felt unsettled still, like he had not expressed himself well enough to her satisfaction and he knew that she still was hurting.  I think he wanted to show her, through the game.  I think he wanted to show her the level of intimacy he feels they already have and that he is not only trying to get closer to her physically, but that he does find her attractive and desirable.   He knew that playing the game he could take those risks easier than saying them in words or reaching out in a physical sense (when he isn't ready for that quite yet).   So I think the closure was ore related to her feelings than the game itself.   I honestly think he felt if he didn't stop her and find a way to express his feelings that she would still be feeling hurt and not truly understand where he was coming from.   It was sweet and clever. :wub:

• Like 1

As much as Sheldon likes closure, I am not sure it was closure on the game as much as "closure" on their conversation he was seeking when he asked her to stay and then proposed they continue playing the game.  I think he felt unsettled still, like he had not expressed himself well enough to her satisfaction and he knew that she still was hurting.  I think he wanted to show her, through the game.  I think he wanted to show her the level of intimacy he feels they already have and that he is not only trying to get closer to her physically, but that he does find her attractive and desirable.   He knew that playing the game he could take those risks easier than saying them in words or reaching out in a physical sense (when he isn't ready for that quite yet).   So I think the closure was ore related to her feelings than the game itself.   I honestly think he felt if he didn't stop her and find a way to express his feelings that she would still be feeling hurt and not truly understand where he was coming from.   It was sweet and clever. :wub:

I also have the feeling that he had been considering making a move for a little while now, in some way, but didn't know how to and when he saw this opportunity he kind of seized it. I'm saying that because Sheldon is most definitely not someone to think on his feet about this kind of matters, and, knowing how naive and oblivious he has been in the past about sex, it seems odd to me that he would be able to make the connection that initiating a game of D&D sex would be the right move to "fix" his girlfriend in a moment of sadness. He must have been pondering something for a while to be able to pick up on the cues to make that move at the right time, in the right way. Just like he managed to come up with all sort of absurd stories to tell Kripke, off his feet. All these things would have gone right over his head in the past.

Edited by koops
  • Like 4

I agree, Koops!

For those who have not seen it, ET had an interview about the finale (see Cast/Crew Photos thread) and there is such a cute interaction in the video clip from ET on that page where Jim turns to Mayim and says "I hope they don't send you away" (talking about Johnny going out to sea for a few months).  It is adorable.  Go check it out if you have not seen the interview.

LOL what's this talk about spin-offs?? I mean, I'm all for a Shamy spin-off :p But that's about it, I don't want characters to leave the show. Adorable Majim, as always, I actually had to chuckle at the first part of the interview where Jim is talking and all of a sudden you hear Mayim saying "sharks" and then the camera pans out and it's one of those height-difference-can't-fit-you-both-in-the-frame moments. LOL.

• Like 2