The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MJistheBOMB

The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

I liked the episode, those little moments with Shamy when they looked each other. Why did Sheldon say "Fine, I'll do it!". Why he wouldn't let Amy go and meet Lucy? I noticed that Amy's foot nearly touched Sheldon's when they were eating on the couch. She's getting closer to him.  :p   

Episode was good. IMO it was strange, and I felt a bit uneven when after  Love Spell episode, in this episode there wasn't  scene when Amy  talks with Sheldon about what he feels, and reassure him, and comfort him that what he feels it's normal, and that if something special happened to Leonard in his career, does not mean that it isn't posible for Sheldon , on the contrary it is posibble for sure becaue he is that great, and that for her he is the best.  I agree with Retroluv, that Amy should talk to him, not Penny, because Penny treats him like a child, Amy treats him like a normal human being, as a serious scientist, and she loves him, and all his quirks are sweet as a button, and  Penny's "like a child" attitude toward Sheldon is little annoying. And I think that if Amy had talked to him, he would deal with it better,  although I have to admit that in fact I thought it will be a little more visible that he is jealous, but also that he is afraid to be alone.

Edited by silverangel

Yeah the writers made sheldon annoying in the car which was unnecessary by them and have Lenny pretty much refer to Sheldon as their child that they need to look after, that's no longer funny and Sheldon has had a lot of growth with Amy this season, its like the writers conveniently forgot that

• Like 1

Yeah the writers made sheldon annoying in the car which was unnecessary by them and have Lenny pretty much refer to Sheldon as their child that they need to look after, that's no longer funny and Sheldon has had a lot of growth with Amy this season, its like the writers conveniently forgot that

They have done this before and I don't like it. They make Sheldon really childlike around Leonard and Penny's relationship. It always feels a bit ridiculous to me.

Oh yes I agree, it was so not funny, and I hope that writers will remember about this in s7, that Amy made Sheldon more mature, and he is changing, but in all areas, and not only with Amy. I know that with her he feels safe, and then he can be honest and caring,  and I know that it is comedy show and it supposed to be funny, but it wasn't, at least for me. 
 And I hope that in s7  we will see him more often like in the bedroom scene, when he will be with Amy. Because showing a lot of growth in him and then reverse him again into is child behavior, will not make sense, after bedroom scene. I know that he will not be suddenly different, and he will be behaving  in his Sheldony way, but we need to see those changes in him.

I don't think Sheldon was anywhere near as annoying or childlike in this one as he was in Closet. In the car scene he was a bit too much, but even then it wasn't childlike, he was being paranoid as usual. I also think it's perfectly in character for him to be jealous of Leonard and not wanting to admit he will miss him when he's gone so he tries to cover it up by being obnoxious. I would have liked to see him being a bit more emotional in the end about Leonard leaving or at least for the plot not to be as rushed as it came across, but overall I don't think Sheldon was THAT bad in this one. He wasn't perfect, because they used him as comedic relief, but he wasn't all that bad. 

I actually thought that Sheldon pointing out that 4 months apart can be dangerous to a relationship as well as the "They just love each other" as a sign of things Sheldon probably wouldn't have even considered in the past, so there was a bit of growth there. Also, the toast was nice, all in all, he was making an effort, even if half-hearted. 

eta: I think I get the "Fine, I'll do it" now. I think Sheldon wasn't even paying attention to the conversation, he's starting at his food with this grumpy look on his face the whole time. So when he hears silence he blurts out he'll do it because he was still stuck at what they were discussing to start with.

Edited by koops
  • Like 4

Guest DroneInTheSun

I agree. Sheldon's had better episodes, but he's also had much worse, and I think the only childlike moment he had was off screen, when Penny told Raj she had given him an activity book, just like a mum does when she has quick errands to run. Like I said in the episode thread, I liked the airport scene as it was, because Sheldon talking so freely about love definitely says a lot on the journey he's taken this season.

I also completely agree with silverangel. The problem with Sheldon's childish behaviour is that Amy is literally the only character on the show to see him as a grown up man. He's Leonard and Penny's symbolical child (they really hit on our heads with this metaphor in the airport scene, the only missing thing was a disgusted look as L&P kissed), and Raj, Howard and Bernadette sees him as this human like robot.

And I feel like, as Shedlon has so much trouble getting social cues and bonding with people, he will pretty much be what people expect him to be because it's the only way he can handle things. I feel like he's never more himself than when he is with Amy, for she loves all his quirks for what they are instead of twisting them into making Sheldon something he's not.

This is probably why he's been evolving so much since he's met her. He's not changing for Amy, he's changing thanks to Amy. Unlike everyone he knows, she's not expecting him to be only one thing. Sne loves him for everything he is and has to offer, which is a lot more than "annoying, childlike Shelbot."

• Like 2

I really liked sheldon in this episode... but for me, he seemed like the old "classic" sheldon and that's why I liked it I think, because I miss that, in a way.  But, like we've touched on before, the sheldon from the Love Spell episode was a different sheldon, and it's starting to get confusing to see him be different one week, and then like the old sheldon the next week.  They need to do a better job of incorporating the two.  I think if they'd thrown in a scene with Amy in this episode they could have shown the new side of him and, for me, it would have been more fitting for the finale this season (for him).

About the line on the couch after Amy said she felt like family... maybe sheldon was feeling jealous that Amy was the center of attention and that she was the best choice to talk to Lucy, instead of him?  If this is the case, then it's just another example of how they revert Sheldon back and forth, and how he can't really decide whether or not his selfishness and childlike ways takes priority, or if his feelings for Amy do.

I'm starting to get the impression that he puts on a front around the gang, and tries to hide the way he really feels about her, so he reverts to being the old sheldon when there are others around.

Edited by BazingaFan
  • Like 1

I think the bottom line is that Sheldon is always going to be Sheldon with the rest of the gang. He might show moments of maturity like when he compliments Penny on her acting or gives Leonard a toast or like he did in 6x18 with the whole women in science thing, but all in all he's going to stay the "old" Sheldon, especially with those who aren't Leonard and Penny. The problem in recent episodes was that he was like that with Amy too, when she is meant to be the exception. Last week's episode showed him once again acting like she's the exception, and hopefully we'll go back to seeing more of that again next season. So the 2 Sheldons are probably here to stay depending on who he is with and what the situation is. 

• Like 2

I don't think Sheldon was anywhere near as annoying or childlike in this one as he was in Closet. In the car scene he was a bit too much, but even then it wasn't childlike, he was being paranoid as usual. I also think it's perfectly in character for him to be jealous of Leonard and not wanting to admit he will miss him when he's gone so he tries to cover it up by being obnoxious. I would have liked to see him being a bit more emotional in the end about Leonard leaving or at least for the plot not to be as rushed as it came across, but overall I don't think Sheldon was THAT bad in this one. He wasn't perfect, because they used him as comedic relief, but he wasn't all that bad. 

I actually thought that Sheldon pointing out that 4 months apart can be dangerous to a relationship as well as the "They just love each other" as a sign of things Sheldon probably wouldn't have even considered in the past, so there was a bit of growth there. Also, the toast was nice, all in all, he was making an effort, even if half-hearted. 

eta: I think I get the "Fine, I'll do it" now. I think Sheldon wasn't even paying attention to the conversation, he's starting at his food with this grumpy look on his face the whole time. So when he hears silence he blurts out he'll do it because he was still stuck at what they were discussing to start with.

Thanks for correction, you're  right about that, that toast was nice, and he did it for Leonard even if it costed him a lot, and  that "They love each other" there was a bit of maturity because he understood, that they really love each other, but his behavior in the car was annoying, and childish, not as much as in the closet ep. but still.
Edited by silverangel

I agree. Sheldon's had better episodes, but he's also had much worse, and I think the only childlike moment he had was off screen, when Penny told Raj she had given him an activity book, just like a mum does when she has quick errands to run. Like I said in the episode thread, I liked the airport scene as it was, because Sheldon talking so freely about love definitely says a lot on the journey he's taken this season.

I also completely agree with silverangel. The problem with Sheldon's childish behaviour is that Amy is literally the only character on the show to see him as a grown up man. He's Leonard and Penny's symbolical child (they really hit on our heads with this metaphor in the airport scene, the only missing thing was a disgusted look as L&P kissed), and Raj, Howard and Bernadette sees him as this human like robot.

And I feel like, as Shedlon has so much trouble getting social cues and bonding with people, he will pretty much be what people expect him to be because it's the only way he can handle things. I feel like he's never more himself than when he is with Amy, for she loves all his quirks for what they are instead of twisting them into making Sheldon something he's not.

This is probably why he's been evolving so much since he's met her. He's not changing for Amy, he's changing thanks to Amy. Unlike everyone he knows, she's not expecting him to be only one thing. Sne loves him for everything he is and has to offer, which is a lot more than "annoying, childlike Shelbot."

I agree. I think that with Amy he is himself, and he behaves like a grown man of science and grown man who cares about his woman, and has feelings for her not only because he treats him that way, but because she expects him to be like that, she requires  more from him, expects and believes that he can achieve more and become more grown and responsible man, mature emotionally (and so he becomes like that, thanks to her) and all his quirks add him the charm, and this is something so  individual and distinguishing him, something for which, among other things, she loves him. 

Edited by silverangel

Thanks for correction, you're right about that, that toast was nice, and he did it for Leonard even if it costed him a lot, and that "They love each other" there was a bit of maturity because he understood, that they really love each other, but his behavior in the car was annoying, and childish, not as much as in the closet ep. but still.

that's what I was trying to get at, the whole car scene was irritating and idt Sheldon should of been included in it just my opinion! I did like his speech though
  • Like 1

From the Hollywood Reporter article:

"All of these characters, as a function of getting older on the show, will continue to evolve, that's just the reality of the situation," Nayyar says. "They can't be in their late 20s their whole lives; now they're getting married and they want to have children. All of these characters -- including Raj -- as the years go on will try to evolve as much as they can."

Adds showrunner Steve Molaro: "We're ready to go deeper and push and move forward telling stories where things happen to these characters and things matter more. I'm really proud of season six; it's been really satisfying and fun to see how we've been able to go deeper and push these characters."

I keep seeing that people felt the whole Leonard plot seemed rushed, but wasn't that kind of the point?  Anywho, I thought Sheldon and Amy were awesome in this ep.  Can't wait for next season!

This episode should have been a hour long special. Leonard and Penny should have had more time together, Sheldon and Amy should have had a scene where he tells him his fears about Leonard leaving and her letting him know, as his girlfriend, she is going to be there for him, and Raj's talking to girls should have been a bigger deal. I think a relationship agreement change should have been discussed.

• Like 3

This episode should have been a hour long special. Leonard and Penny should have had more time together, Sheldon and Amy should have had a scene where he tells him his fears about Leonard leaving and her letting him know, as his girlfriend, she is going to be there for him, and Raj's talking to girls should have been a bigger deal. I think a relationship agreement change should have been discussed.

Yes, they ran a big bang rerun right after it, so I wonder why they haven't tried doing an hour-long episode.  They would surely get plenty of advertisers and more money that way, it seems.

tumblr_mmxhsv9ypn1r01q3wo1_500.gif

:wub:

Yep, I caught on to that one too. Couldn't stop rewinding. :icon_lol:

• Like 1

What I found interesting about the latest episode is that the group really didn't welcome Amy when she first came. There was even a time when Leonard and the other guys flat out told Sheldon he couldn't bring her around. Sheldon stood up to them and flat out refused their request. (I have always had a special place in my heart because he did that.). They only started accepting Amy because of this and the fact that Amy kind of forced her way into girls' nights. Finally, they just kind of couldn't help themselves from liking her. So, really, she should be thanking Sheldon. It's because of him standing up for her that she was accepted.

SIGH ... Just thinking about it made me fall in love with Sheldon a little more. This is so pathetic.

• Like 6

Happy 10K!!!!!

Everything forward moving in their relationship has been initiated by Sheldon. Sheldon observes the current situation and immediately takes action to please his women. It's the best thing ever.

Amy never terminated the relationship cuz neuro beats physics

Amy never asked to b his girlfriend, she just went on a date cuz she was single and available

Amy didn't asked to get spanked. She reasonablely offered not to go to STID wen it opened

Amy didn't ask Sheldon for any physical contact. He came up with that on his own to follow through for his woman

• Like 1

Another note: Kunal's acting was spot-on last night. During his scene with Penny, he actually had me tearing up. I couldn't handle it.

• Like 4

What I found interesting about the latest episode is that the group really didn't welcome Amy when she first came. There was even a time when Leonard and the other guys flat out told Sheldon he couldn't bring her around. Sheldon stood up to them and flat out refused their request. (I have always had a special place in my heart because he did that.). They only started accepting Amy because of this and the fact that Amy kind of forced her way into girls' nights. Finally, they just kind of couldn't help themselves from liking her. So, really, she should be thanking Sheldon. It's because of him standing up for her that she was accepted.

SIGH ... Just thinking about it made me fall in love with Sheldon a little more. This is so pathetic.

Oh Miso I don't think it's pathetic. I loved Sheldon before Amy, but that fact about which you wrote made me fall in love with him even more. :wub:  And I think that there's more of those who think like we.  I love how he looked at her, how he admires her in front of everybody  how they understand each  other. So thanks to him she is in the gang.

• Like 2

The other thing though is that I don't think Amy had any clue that the gang did not particularly like her at first. Her social skills at the time were probably worse than Sheldon's! So she probably didn't pick up on any of the cues that she wasn't particularly welcome, lol. :p

• Like 7