The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MJistheBOMB

The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Another note: Kunal's acting was spot-on last night. During his scene with Penny, he actually had me tearing up. I couldn't handle it.

Yes I had tears in my eyes. It was meaningful moment, and that he talked with Penny first. Like Tea wrote on the Bon voyage ep. thread... R.I.P. selective mutism. It was really something big, but I felt sorry for him that Lucy left him.

The other thing though is that I don't think Amy had any clue that the gang did not particularly like her at first. Her social skills at the time were probably worse than Sheldon's! So she probably didn't pick up on any of the cues that she wasn't particularly welcome, lol. :p

Yes and Sheldon defended her in front of Leonard, saying that he suffered in silence when Leonard was with Penny, and Sheldon endured her nasty habits. He defended her like she was his girlfriend, while he said that she is not his girlfriend, but he acted like she was.

You know... I'm going to be miss them during hiatus :( ..... and it's little sad :icon_cry: ... I can't wait already... how I love those two...

funphotobox3131292001ly.jpg

amyfarrahfowlermayimbia.jpg

Edited by silverangel
  • Like 2

Guest DroneInTheSun

Misophonia since you're here and finished your fic maybe you can write Sheldon and Amy's summer now that Leonard's gone so we can follow that over the hiatus?

I myself have been talked into writing an AU because of that stupid post (any complaint are to be directed at Chloe, she's the one you have to blame) so I think I'll be posting that over the summer (but it's probably not going to be a Shamy-centric fic, more of an ensemble piece I guess?)

• Like 1

Misophonia since you're here and finished your fic maybe you can write Sheldon and Amy's summer now that Leonard's gone so we can follow that over the hiatus?

I myself have been talked into writing an AU because of that stupid post (any complaint are to be directed at Chloe, she's the one you have to blame) so I think I'll be posting that over the summer (but it's probably not going to be a Shamy-centric fic, more of an ensemble piece I guess?)

Yes Miso... let me say that it is great idea :icon_redface::) . You know that we will read it with pleasure. :D

I liked the little moment of eye coitus between Sheldon and Amy, when Raj tells Lucy left him. And Kunal's acting really was spot on last night!

The fact that they didn't really have any shamy interaction makes me even more anxious to see what they'll do in season 7. 

I don't know yet how I'll survive the hiatus, suppose I could just read lots and lots of fanfics :icon_wink: And watch all the interviews about the cast I can find on youtube. Does any of you know if they'll be at comic con this year?

• Like 1

This episode should have been a hour long special. Leonard and Penny should have had more time together, Sheldon and Amy should have had a scene where he tells him his fears about Leonard leaving and her letting him know, as his girlfriend, she is going to be there for him, and Raj's talking to girls should have been a bigger deal. I think a relationship agreement change should have been discussed.

Totally agree with all of this!

Now that season 6 is over :(
And we have to face this unspeakable break before season 7, could someone please create a shamy thread for season 7. At least then we may make it through summer with our hopes and dreams for season 7!
long live the shamy xo  :wub:

The maturity of Sheldon and the speech toast. I noticed that  when Sheldon had finished, than Leonard said. "It must be very hard to say" Sheldon was very sincere and he honestly was happy for him when he said: "Well, I mean it". But then moment after he said that line:And that's how you get a toothpaste commercial. Cheers" he said that because he didn't want any one find out that he really is happy for Leonard, that some sentiment is in him in that moment. It's like his pride again wins, and he wanted to hide that fact.But  he really will be miss his little buddy

• Like 3

I think Sheldon matured a lot this season, he still has his little quirks which I like but his fondness of Amy and where and how he feels the relationship is, is a big step for him and I hope the writers continue with that for season 7

• Like 2

We were watching 6x16 with my roommates last night over dinner, and they awwwwed like crazy at the Shamy scene. It always gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when other people appreciate the subtleties that make Shamy. 

Me when my housemates squeal over Shamy scenes (especially when it's my male housemate):

sheldonSmirk.gif

Edited by koops
  • Like 7

What would intrigue me is that if the writers chose another path with next season than supposed and surprised us all in a good way. I hope writers could really surprise us with better consistence between episodes, with more clever and funnier storylines and better quality as a whole in humor. It does matter where the humor comes from and how it is created. And to show they are really not afraid to show romance between Shamy. Because that is how season 6 mostly looked like, they were afraid to show their romance. In seasons 4-5 they were not afraid to show how smitten Sheldon was for her. It seems to me that the writers treat the different couple in different ways, I hope they won't water down the sweet moments with Shamy when they will come in season 7. 

And this said, doesn't mean I didn't like season 6. There were much I liked about this season. But I hope we all could be taken by surprise of the quality of written stories in season 7, in general and between Shamy. For me the golden seasons are 4-5 at the moment. 

Happy summer hiatus to everyone!

• Like 1

Personally, I felt like there was lots of growth this season for SHAMY.  I mean yes there were set backs as well, but they never broke up and Sheldon reached new levels of intimacy with Amy that a lot of people from what I've read online thought would Never ever happen for his character.  I mean even I never would have thought Sheldon would end up spanking Amy, making her his emergency contact and admitting his true feelings that he actually thinks their relationship is "extremely intimate" and that he wouldn't mind "erotically caressing" her. LOL  

I feel like so much more is possible for them now in season seven and I want to see more steady continued growth.  I think hardest part about season six was waiting so long in between episodes for a BIG moment.  I mean the main three episodes that I consider to be three of best Shamy episodes ever also happen pretty far apart from each other in terms of actual time.  Those are Fish Guts Displacement, The Tangible Affection Proof and the Love Spell Potential all had very massive relationship building moments in them.  

Now some of the smaller moments made for great stepping stones as well from Sheldon's spiderman speech in Date Night Variable, to his allowing Amy to hug him in Cooper/Kripke Inversion and telling Penny and Leonard he thinks its possiblity they may get physical.  Halloween episode compromise and the Habitation Configuartion where Sheldon chooses Amy over Wil Wheaton his idol gets drunk and threatens to be him up and calls her his woman many times.   I felt like those moments all meant a lot to building their relationship and I hope they only get stronger and more frequent in season seven. 

I don't like it when writers back track Sheldon just so the Shamy haters can feel like Sheldon hasn't changed.  People are supposed to change as they grow up and mature and fall in love.  No one stays exactly same forever that is just totally unrealistic and would be totally BORING!!!  Sheldon will always be a super genius arrogant know it all who says what he thinks even if its not always nicest thing to say, but that doesn't mean he has to be rude to Amy or treat her like she's his slave instead of his girlfriend. 

I think the natural progression from punishing her for doing wrong in Fish Guts with a spanking to gently willing to engage in a sexual discussion game with her without being tricked or manipulated into it, but just out of geniune desire to connect with her is MAJOR GROWTH and I think backtracking just for the sake of comedy is unnecessary and frankly just not all that funny. 

As they say with Star Trek  BOLDLY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE!!  or in this case No Sheldon has gone before is in keeping with how a sitcom can stay at number one, surprising people and keeping the characters developing over time not stalling them and retreading over the same issues and jokes over and over until they become lifeless. 

So here are five things I'd love to happen for SHAMY in next season to show that they are not afraid to let Sheldon be IN LOVE and Romantic.

1. He needs to KISS HER!!  Not because she begs him too or because his friends manipulate him into doing it somehow, but because its what he wants to do at the right moment and because he loves her and feels ready to show her his love.  If we go an entire season with no Shamy kissing again i will throw a FIT!!!

2.  He needs to compliment her appearance  -  I know looks aren't most important thing when you've got giant genius brains, but i'm tired of show treating Amy like she's the "ugly duckling" girl of group all time.  Amy's appearance on this show has clearly changed since she arrived, she is looking prettier and prettier as time goes on and its high time someone acknowledged it and that someone should be Sheldon.  He may not be motivated by physical attractiveness, but no girlfriend wants to think that her boyfriend doesn't find her physical attractive as well as mentally intelligent.  Sheldon has compliment Amy on being a brilliant scientist more than once, time he concentrate on compliment her appearance too.  Say something nice about her hair, her eyes, hell even her breasts I don't care what it is, just show once and for all that he does think she is Pretty because just like we all know Penny loved Leonard before she actually said it too him it was STILL NICER TO HEAR IT!!  so Sheldon should say nice things to Amy about her appearance way Leonard does for Penny and Howard for Bernadette its the polite romantic thing to do.

3.  He needs to spend time with Amy's FAMILY!    - a Clear sign that their relationship is getting more serious would be Sheldon willing choosing to spend time with not just her, but people who created her.  Where is Amy's dad?   Sheldon needs to meet the man if he's still alive.  He needs to know more about what she was like before he met her, what she was like as a child etc, and only way you truly learn stuff like that is from getting to know people who knew her before and loved her.  He needs to meet her MOM in person!  Show that he can be not just good boyfriend material, but potential husband material as well.  That time Amy wanted Sheldon to come to her grandma's birthday party he blew her off to play online with the boys well its past time he make that up to her in my opinion.

4.  He needs to introduce her to Meemaw or someone else in his family!  -  We have not yet met her, but I've wanted too for so long now and I want Amy to meet her because I feel like if Amy got his Meemaw's approval then that would bring Sheldon one big step closer to admitting She's "THE ONE!"  Plus just fact that he be willing to introduce them would show how much Amy means to him now.  If not her, then at least let Amy meet Sheldon's sister missy, we haven't seen her since what season one its like writers forgot she exists, what about his brother?  I mean Amy wants to marry him, she should at least meet his family first.  Its going to be really silly if one day they actually did get married and they act like first time she's meeting his family is at the wedding rehearsal dinner or some such nonsense. No Amy should bond with these people or at least you know get a chance to have hilarious mishaps happen around them for comedy's sake.  I also want to see Mary Cooper again next season cause I missed her this season. 

5.  Sheldon should get Amy another gift - But this time it should be something even better than a tiara or a emergency contact form.  It can be a birthday present, or another V-day present, doesn't matter, but I think its super cute when he goes out of his way to think up something sweet to give to her and I want to see it happen again next season.  Now I don't expect an engagement ring or anything, but I love it if he bought tickets for them to go away on a romantic weekend together or you know even to Comic Con together cause to him that probably be romantic thing to do lol.

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 5

Personally, I felt like there was lots of growth this season for SHAMY.  I mean yes there were set backs as well, but they never broke up and Sheldon reached new levels of intimacy with Amy that a lot of people from what I've read online thought would Never ever happen for his character.  I mean even I never would have thought Sheldon would end up spanking Amy, making her his emergency contact and admitting his true feelings that he actually thinks their relationship is "extremely intimate" and that he wouldn't mind "erotically caressing" her. LOL  

I feel like so much more is possible for them now in season seven and I want to see more steady continued growth.  I think hardest part about season six was waiting so long in between episodes for a BIG moment.  I mean the main three episodes that I consider to be three of best Shamy episodes ever also happen pretty far apart from each other in terms of actual time.  Those are Fish Guts Displacement, The Tangible Affection Proof and the Love Spell Potential all had very massive relationship building moments in them.  

Now some of the smaller moments made for great stepping stones as well from Sheldon's spiderman speech in Date Night Variable, to his allowing Amy to hug him in Cooper/Kripke Inversion and telling Penny and Leonard he thinks its possiblity they may get physical.  Halloween episode compromise and the Habitation Configuartion where Sheldon chooses Amy over Wil Wheaton his idol gets drunk and threatens to be him up and calls her his woman many times.   I felt like those moments all meant a lot to building their relationship and I hope they only get stronger and more frequent in season seven. 

I don't like it when writers back track Sheldon just so the Shamy haters can feel like Sheldon hasn't changed.  People are supposed to change as they grow up and mature and fall in love.  No one stays exactly same forever that is just totally unrealistic and would be totally BORING!!!  Sheldon will always be a super genius arrogant know it all who says what he thinks even if its not always nicest thing to say, but that doesn't mean he has to be rude to Amy or treat her like she's his slave instead of his girlfriend. 

I think the natural progression from punishing her for doing wrong in Fish Guts with a spanking to gently willing to engage in a sexual discussion game with her without being tricked or manipulated into it, but just out of geniune desire to connect with her is MAJOR GROWTH and I think backtracking just for the sake of comedy is unnecessary and frankly just not all that funny. 

As they say with Star Trek  BOLDLY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS GONE BEFORE!!  or in this case No Sheldon has gone before is in keeping with how a sitcom can stay at number one, surprising people and keeping the characters developing over time not stalling them and retreading over the same issues and jokes over and over until they become lifeless. 

So here are five things I'd love to happen for SHAMY in next season to show that they are not afraid to let Sheldon be IN LOVE and Romantic.

1. He needs to KISS HER!!  Not because she begs him too or because his friends manipulate him into doing it somehow, but because its what he wants to do at the right moment and because he loves her and feels ready to show her his love.  If we go an entire season with no Shamy kissing again i will throw a FIT!!!

2.  He needs to compliment her appearance  -  I know looks aren't most important thing when you've got giant genius brains, but i'm tired of show treating Amy like she's the "ugly duckling" girl of group all time.  Amy's appearance on this show has clearly changed since she arrived, she is looking prettier and prettier as time goes on and its high time someone acknowledged it and that someone should be Sheldon.  He may not be motivated by physical attractiveness, but no girlfriend wants to think that her boyfriend doesn't find her physical attractive as well as mentally intelligent.  Sheldon has compliment Amy on being a brilliant scientist more than once, time he concentrate on compliment her appearance too.  Say something nice about her hair, her eyes, hell even her breasts I don't care what it is, just show once and for all that he does think she is Pretty because just like we all know Penny loved Leonard before she actually said it too him it was STILL NICER TO HEAR IT!!  so Sheldon should say nice things to Amy about her appearance way Leonard does for Penny and Howard for Bernadette its the polite romantic thing to do.

3.  He needs to spend time with Amy's FAMILY!    - a Clear sign that their relationship is getting more serious would be Sheldon willing choosing to spend time with not just her, but people who created her.  Where is Amy's dad?   Sheldon needs to meet the man if he's still alive.  He needs to know more about what she was like before he met her, what she was like as a child etc, and only way you truly learn stuff like that is from getting to know people who knew her before and loved her.  He needs to meet her MOM in person!  Show that he can be not just good boyfriend material, but potential husband material as well.  That time Amy wanted Sheldon to come to her grandma's birthday party he blew her off to play online with the boys well its past time he make that up to her in my opinion.

4.  He needs to introduce her to Meemaw or someone else in his family!  -  We have not yet met her, but I've wanted too for so long now and I want Amy to meet her because I feel like if Amy got his Meemaw's approval then that would bring Sheldon one big step closer to admitting She's "THE ONE!"  Plus just fact that he be willing to introduce them would show how much Amy means to him now.  If not her, then at least let Amy meet Sheldon's sister missy, we haven't seen her since what season one its like writers forgot she exists, what about his brother?  I mean Amy wants to marry him, she should at least meet his family first.  Its going to be really silly if one day they actually did get married and they act like first time she's meeting his family is at the wedding rehearsal dinner or some such nonsense. No Amy should bond with these people or at least you know get a chance to have hilarious mishaps happen around them for comedy's sake.  I also want to see Mary Cooper again next season cause I missed her this season. 

5.  Sheldon should get Amy another gift - But this time it should be something even better than a tiara or a emergency contact form.  It can be a birthday present, or another V-day present, doesn't matter, but I think its super cute when he goes out of his way to think up something sweet to give to her and I want to see it happen again next season.  Now I don't expect an engagement ring or anything, but I love it if he bought tickets for them to go away on a romantic weekend together or you know even to Comic Con together cause to him that probably be romantic thing to do lol.

:wub: This^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^  I agree in 100%. You just read my mind. I want to see that too, OMG now I can wait for s7 even more... :icon_neutral:

Edited by silverangel
  • Like 1

The only thing I would add to this is an "I love you." I am itching for them to say they love each other. :wub:

• Like 1

I can agree with most of what you said. Although in regards to the number five request to be seen in Season 7 it really doesn't make a lot of sense to me personally. The tiara Sheldon picked out for Amy was so unique and perfect for her. It was hands down one of the best things Sheldon has ever done for Amy. In my mind the only thing that could ever top it would be an engagement ring. 

And I'd also like to see an ILY, but perhaps in their own unique way to make it more Shamy. I just want them to both feel that the other loves them at the end of the season.

• Like 4

That brief exchanged look between Sheldon and Amy really got to me. It was so subtle, but had a vaguely magical familiar and in-sync quality to it.. the way the two of them spontaneously turn towards each other, and Sheldon glances down at her, as if recalling an earlier discussion (they may have talked of Lucy's visit at Amy's place).

I loved it so much that I didn't even mind the lack of any other Shamy interaction in the finale. It was hint enough of the deepening connection between them, especially after what happened last week. :wub:

• Like 3

Andy killed the Shamy thread.  :icon_cry:

MURDERER. 

Edited by CaitAmber
  • Like 1

Thinking about Sheldon's its only been 3 years comment and it suggests to me that he is thinking of the relationship and its long term future plans, perhaps like Amys 4 year plan he has something like that in mind but at a longer time frame

Edited by rachygd

Did anyone read this? I found it on tumblr.  :icon_biggrin:

"separate from this post, apparently your love and respect of jim parsons is matched by wil wheaton’s love and respect for you. he was at ottawa comiccon and got asked about doing another “fun with flags” (hopefully with a cdn flag, hence the question) and he told us this fabulous story about your “method actor” type performance of mouthing the words that jim was saying as if you were really a first time director of the scene, despite the fact that you had your back to the audience and the only one seeing you do it was jim and wil. he also praised your amazing comedic timing for doing the “beat and a half” timing rather than the typical “beat” timing to milk a laugh and to consistently hit the beat and a half timing. sorry, he never said anything about you having to lose a pound or two either. :) it was a great story, and he should be shouting that one out there for your “emmy campaign”. heck, i’d vote for you. the “closure” episode alone should garner it :)"

-A comment on Mayim’s kveller blog about Wil Wheaton working with Mayim (Credit: mycupofcocoa).

Edited by menamena
  • Like 4

Thinking about Sheldon's its only been 3 years comment and it suggests to me that he is thinking of the relationship and its long term future plans, perhaps like Amys 4 year plan he has something like that in mind but at a longer time frame

That's why I said I wouldn't be surprised if at some point he made some comment about being with her forever like it's the most obvious thing in the world. Any other man and you would think he's leading her on and is going to dump her when he's had enough, but Sheldon being Sheldon it's funny how his behavior is just an indication that he thinks he's got all the time in the world because he isn't planning on going anywhere nor letting her go. I think Amy got her assessment totally wrong when she said he's at flight risk. She's more at flight risk than he is.

eta: Also, Monday morning breakfast consideration about the 6x23 scene (because yes, I'm still watching it). The whole closure idea played no part in the fact that he wanted to continue the game. The reason why that's clear is because he wouldn't have been as shy about suggesting it as he was, if that were the case. I also don't hink we've ever seen him avoid eye-contact with Amy before, or at least not to this extent, while talking to her. 

Edited by koops
  • Like 5