The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MJistheBOMB

The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Koops, that's a really good point you bring up. I think it harks back to the conversation we had earlier about how Amy is really lucky to have a guy like Sheldon love her. I doubt the idea of leaving her has even crossed his mind, unlike with Amy.

I don't know if this was mentioned before but on the other forum, some of the Shamy fans were discussing how Shamy exuded this more synchronized committed couple vibe even with the brief Shamy moments we got in the finale. And I kind of agree with them - just their body-language, and the way they sit and stand next to each other and shared a look at the Raj news - it seemed they were sort of in-sync and just together on a higher level after last week's ep. Though this very well could be me just projecting my fangirliness on the Shamy scenes. :p

Edited by menamena
  • Like 4

I also thought that the shamy had a talk re the Lucy situation and even though there was no direct interactions they did seem very happy

Edited by rachygd

eta: Also, Monday morning breakfast consideration about the 6x23 scene (because yes, I'm still watching it). The whole closure idea played no part in the fact that he wanted to continue the game. The reason why that's clear is because he wouldn't have been as shy about suggesting it as he was, if that were the case. I also don't hink we've ever seen him avoid eye-contact with Amy before, or at least not to this extent, while talking to her. 

Also, if we do take Sheldon's words at face-value - the implication that he initially came in because everyone else thought that he should go cheer her up then closure was obviously not his reason to partake in the D&D sex. I think if closure was Sheldon's concern - he would have been in Amy's face about it immediately. I think the fact that the D&D scene followed their intimate talk says a lot about his intentions in initiating it, and when you include his body-language in it - you can tell he's shy and vulnerable in a way he wouldn't really be if he just wanted closure. However, I do think his pathological need for closure is almost a boon instead of a bane when it comes to Shamy.

Edited by menamena
  • Like 2

I would not want him to act, as if the fact that she is with him was something normal. As though it, that she's next to him, always with him, was so natural. He should treat each day spent with her as something unique, how special is that they are so much alike, that their minds are on the same intellectual level, that both of them are so brilliant.  How much he gained thanks to her, how wonderfully he is changing, and how his emotional maturity is becoming stronger. And if his attitude to Amy was like that, he would knew that every moment counts and he should enjoy each day as if each day with Amy was the first day in which something new and wonderful is waiting for him.
I know this is Sheldon, and his behavior is as it is, because he is unique, his quirks add him the charm, he is a genius, nerd, and one of a kind and we love him for that, and Amy is as exceptional and unique, she is brilliant and wonderfully different from the standards adopted by the society. But in spite of this that Sheldon  remains Sheldon, this does not exclude the fact that he in his Sheldony way  could appreciate and enjoy every day with her more, that he has Amy, and not go over the agenda, as if he had an eternity.

Oh yes Rachel I would like to hear some declaration of love form the two of them, and I would like to see that he is trying hader for Amy.Like I said, now is Amy's turn to feel relaxed and wait for his amorous efforts
Edited by silverangel
  • Like 1

Also as like what amy said to sheldon in one of the fan fics they don't have a conventional normal relationship but they have something special that binds them to each other and going by the love spell episode I think Amy will be happy to wait for physical intimacy knowing that Sheldon thinks that what they have is very intimate and especially if he initiates more d&d roleplaying!

Edited by rachygd
  • Like 1

Also, if we do take Sheldon's words at face-value - the implication that he initially came in because everyone else thought that he should go cheer her up then closure was obviously not his reason to partake in the D&D sex. I think if closure was Sheldon's concern - he would have been in Amy's face about it immediately. I think the fact that the D&D scene followed their intimate talk says a lot about his intentions in initiating it, and when you include his body-language in it - you can tell he's shy and vulnerable in a way he wouldn't really be if he just wanted closure. However, I do think his pathological need for closure is almost a boon instead of a bane when it comes to Shamy.

Yes I agree, he went there not because everyone said it to him that he needs to cheer her up. He went there because he wanted to do it. He were concern about her, he wanted to take care of her. And the closure was in him mind, but Amy's questions, and that intimacy between them, made him  vunrerable and shy. It's obvious that he wanted to finish game, because he wanted to gave her that intimate moments, that tension between them, he wanted it to, and having that thoughts in his mind, and that he will reach the closure when they will finish game was almost as intense like in that dominoorgasm scene. Why, because he's not freaked out, he was there with her, he was there for her, and for the thought that he wanted to go through all parts of the game,  because he has desire in him, but he was not ready, and because he loves her, and for the closure.

Also as like what amy said to sheldon in one of the fan fics they don't have a conventional normal relationship but they have something special that binds them to each other and going by the love spell episode I think Amy will be happy to wait for physical intimacy knowing that Sheldon thinks that what they have is very intimate and especially if he initiates more d&d roleplaying!

Yes I agree. She will be waiting for right moment, when he will  be ready. Now she is more confident, because like you said, Sheldon wants her to, she's the one with who he wants to be intimate. And all what they have is so unique and special,  their bond is so strong, their relationship of he mind is a strong foundation for their feelings. Oh I would like to see that he initiates more d&d roleplaying games...

Any other man and you would think he's leading her on and is going to dump her when he's had enough, but Sheldon being Sheldon it's funny how his behavior is just an indication that he thinks he's got all the time in the world because he isn't planning on going anywhere nor letting her go.

I just love this thought. :wub:

The Shamy does have a touch of the tragicomic about them, as do the individual characters. Sheldon's line 'it's been 3 years and we're in bed together' made me smile indulgently at his Sheldonism, and tear up at the same time because it was so touchingly committed and devoted in his own odd way. As if he has a 'forever' relationship trajectory chalked out in his mind, and things are just going a bit faster than he expects.

• Like 1

Also I still think that whilst they may well get more intimate physically Sheldon may well wait till after they get married for actual coitus, just a feeling I have :)

I just love this thought. :wub:

The Shamy does have a touch of the tragicomic about them, as do the individual characters. Sheldon's line 'it's been 3 years and we're in bed together' made me smile indulgently at his Sheldonism, and tear up at the same time because it was so touchingly committed and devoted in his own odd way. As if he has a 'forever' relationship trajectory chalked out in his mind, and things are just going a bit faster than he expects.

Yes! That's exactly it. He's like "What's the rush? It's only been three years!". Just like last year he was saying the same thing about being in her apartment after dark. It's hilarious, frustrating and endearing at the same time.

• Like 2

I think its sweet that in his mind and that it only being his 1st relationship he has found somebody he can't be without

Yes I it is so lovely. This is his first relationship, first woman and he just knows that she is the one forever. He is so in love that without her his life would be incomplete. Something could had  happen in s7, something in her scientific career, which would mean that she would be very busy, and it could move him from his safe place, and maybe he will  more appreciate every moment spent with Amy, and maybe they could work together in the lab on his own initiative. Side by side, "...Screw Beauty and the Beast, *that's* the love story Disney should tell"

Opposed to any other guy, who would go, "Why aren't we in bed together? It's already been three dates!"

• Like 2

I also agree that Sheldon doesn't need to give Amy another "better" gift. I'm sure that Amy would much more appreciate him just being a good boyfriend to her like he was in 6.23. I personally, would take that over a gift any day. Then again, I'm exactly like Sheldon when it comes to gift giving (I think it's pointless if it's not a birthday to be honest) so that's easy for me to say. Haha.

I also agree that Sheldon doesn't need to give Amy another "better" gift. I'm sure that Amy would much more appreciate him just being a good boyfriend to her like he was in 6.23. I personally, would take that over a gift any day. Then again, I'm exactly like Sheldon when it comes to gift giving (I think it's pointless if it's not a birthday to be honest) so that's easy for me to say. Haha.

You know I just wonder why the writers chose to have zero verbal communication between the shamy in the last episode, I was OK with what we did have but I wonder why they chose to go that way

• Like 1

You know I just wonder why the writers chose to have zero verbal communication between the shamy in the last episode, I was OK with what we did have but I wonder why they chose to go that way

Maybe the point is that this moment in the bedroom when they played in sexy 
D & D in ep.23 was something intimate and full of emotion. For both of them it was something new, and both Sheldon and Amy were shy and vulnerable at that moment. For both of them it all was very overwhelming, arousing feelings which they did not show to one another in such an open way, especially Sheldon. Maybe the writers wanted to stress the importance of that moment, which had great influence on Shamy, and that they just were  overwhelmed by all what had happen in the bedroom, and had to sort things out to themselves, what they said to one another, and how they felt then, and that it was so wonderfully enjoyable.
That's just my guess, but this moment is so important and lovely

caps0254jpg.jpg

How they look at each other. In this eye couitus moment,  so many emotions is contained . It was only a moment but so sweet. 

Edited by silverangel
  • Like 2

Apart from everything else, I love the glass of milk in that scene. Sheldon Cooper gazing down into the eyes of the woman he loves with a glass of milk in his hand.. there's something sweetly appropriate about that. :p

• Like 1

Apart from everything else, I love the glass of milk in that scene. Sheldon Cooper gazing down into the eyes of the woman he loves with a glass of milk in his hand.. there's something sweetly appropriate about that. :p

:wub: Oh yes it melts my heart to. Just like:"yes I love you and I meant what I said in the bedroom, but I always will be sober to feel all even stronger,  without impairment my  consciousness" :p  :icon_cheesygrin:

His face is so peaceful and on focused on her. They are so sweet in that moment, and Amy's paterd lips when she looks at him. Adorable... :wub:

Edited by silverangel

I think it was to keep the focus elsewhere.

I wonder if they feel that the Shamy relationship is so strong and so well-loved by the fans that any kind of real interaction between them will distract from everything and everyone else.

I mean, think about the Closet episode.  That was really all about Howard, and yet we all sat here and went round and round about Sheldon and Amy.  Their comments to and about each other were most likely intended primarily to be funny, as they were using Sheldon as the main comic relief in that very serious story, but that didn't stop us from speculating about the state of their relationship with his pawing bear comment. ;)

D & D in ep.23 was something intimate and full of emotion. For both of them it was something new, and both Sheldon and Amy were shy and vulnerable at that moment. For both of them it all was very overwhelming, arousing feelings which they did not show to one another in such an open way, especially Sheldon. Maybe the writers wanted to stress the importance of that moment, which had great influence on Shamy, and that they just were overwhelmed by all what had happen in the bedroom, and had to sort things out to themselves, what they said to one another, and how they felt then, and that it was so wonderfully enjoyable.

caps0254jpg.jpg

How they look at each other. In this eye couitus moment, so many emotions is contained . It was only a moment but so sweet.

am going to use that pic as my avatar later!
  • Like 1

For me that look they exchanged at Raj's news was more along the lines of checking in with each other.  It could be that Amy had told Sheldon about her evening with Raj and Lucy (very likely, since they seem to talk about a lot of things), but in harsh reality, it could just be a bit of stage direction to show the friends reacting, to give the moment some movement just before Raj leaves the room.

But it is a nice moment. :)

I loved the bit where Sheldon says, "That's a B-flat, for those of you who don't have perfect pitch."  I checked it with my tuner and it is indeed a b-flat, but it's very high (out of tune.)  I think he needed a little more milk in that glass to get a true b-flat. :p

• Like 2

D & D in ep.23 was something intimate and full of emotion. For both of them it was something new, and both Sheldon and Amy were shy and vulnerable at that moment. For both of them it all was very overwhelming, arousing feelings which they did not show to one another in such an open way, especially Sheldon. Maybe the writers wanted to stress the importance of that moment, which had great influence on Shamy, and that they just were  overwhelmed by all what had happen in the bedroom, and had to sort things out to themselves, what they said to one another, and how they felt then, and that it was so wonderfully enjoyable.

caps0254jpg.jpg

How they look at each other. In this eye couitus moment,  so many emotions is contained . It was only a moment but so sweet. 

Not to mention, Sheldon has a very slight lean into her as he looks down at her.  He is standing very close and still slightly leaning into her.  Something about the body language overall is very sweet, not just the eye-coitus.  

• Like 1

Not to mention, Sheldon has a very slight lean into her as he looks down at her.  He is standing very close and still slightly leaning into her.  Something about the body language overall is very sweet, not just the eye-coitus.  

Oh yes, he is leaning toward her,  and that makes their eye coitus more sweet and intimate.  I love your post, and now I love that moment even more...  :wub:

• Like 1