The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

MJistheBOMB

Interesting idea.

One problem. The Vulcan Pon Farr cycle starts on the seventh year of a couples melding. Amy and Sheldon have only known each other for three years. Seven years means only something for us viewers and Leonard and Penny.

since it's a seven year cycle... maybe sheldon didn't have a partner until the third year... 

:icon_mrgreen: Hey Chloe when I'm looking at those pictures in your posts and at your avatar, and it's funny and sweet coincidence, as these pictures together look
 because it seems like Penny  from your avatar looks at that Shamy kiss with that smile which says .... aww this is beautiful, and yes my babies you should do this more often..  :lol:  :wub:  
  • Like 2

Wow those 3 pictures in a row... When the Sheldon initiated kiss will happen, I think there will be not enough photos of that for us...  I'm getting the feeling writers might choose a road to depict him getting more desires to Amy in season 7. They are now at the watershed... They have to choose from the beginning of season 7 how to write Sheldon from this on, since their relationship is going forward. I would so love, love and love if they chose the road of Sheldon getting anxious (in a good way) for his desire and love for Amy. Passionate Sheldon = impossible to write? No, if I think. He can be still quirky and in-character but oh if he gets passionate for Amy... that would be more than gold. They could "save time" a bit if Amy gets shy of his sudden change of behavior towards her and backs off a little. ;) That would be so unusual for Sheldon it would be hilarious. Remember, he is cabable for loving, it's just the matter how they will depict the love type of romance in him. So what do you think how they will portray romantic Sheldon? Change in outward behavior, internal communication, gestures, deeds, emotions... What it could be? He used to be so different in seasons 1-3 before Amy, now that they have been together 3 years, he has changed a lot (in a good way I think). So how could be, when his innermost secret is revealed to Amy. I'm really wondering which road the writers will choose to depict their romance in the future.
Imagine Sheldon trying to seduce Amy (in his quirky ways...).  How could you see Sheldon seducing her? How could he do it, in what ways? I would love to see him taking his outer t-shirt off, as trying to "look manly" or something for her, and he would be left his inner shirt on only that has longer sleeves normally. That is what we have never seen in the show before.
What is your top-3 wishes for season 7 for Shamy?

Edited by Catlina
  • Like 1

O well this is difficult  to guess, how they will show him, but I think that he would show her his feelings and his desires in some nerdy scientific way... maybe he will want to learn for her, how to be romantic, i want to see them in lab, side by side working together, and everybody knows that he loves how her mind works, so seeing her how she works and her genius  it could be big aphrodisiac for him, and it could turn him in on, and  if Amy could move to him while Leonard is on that scientific trip it could be so wonderful and I would be so happy...

Edited by silverangel

Guest DroneInTheSun

I don't think Sheldon will ever be romantic in the sense everyone thinks it. The fanfics where he goes at lenghts to do traditionally romantic things may be nice and I enjoy them as much as the next person, but I also think they're OOC and nothing like this will ever happen on the show. That's just the way Sheldon rolls, and while Amy says she would love more tradtional romance sometimes, she also treasures Sheldon's own ways to show her affection, probably much more than she would treasure a proposal on the rooftop watching at stars - she's literally the only person in the world he can bring to tears by making her his ICE contact, for example, and when Sheldon tells her his speech is from Spider-Man, she still takes it because she knows what Spider-Man means to Sheldon.

So no, I don't think Sheldon will ever be romantic as most people think it.

As for the passion, I think that once he realises he's ready (and I want this to be triggered by the realisation once more of how brilliant Amy is, because ultimately that's what turns Sheldon on), he's going to tell her very factually and they're probably going to try to go at it very clinically the first time, but obviously, keeping in mind that TBBT is a sitcom, I guess a lot of comedy can happen if they realise once they're doing it that it's actually amazing and they both go kind of wild and really emotional so maybe the writers could go for that? I wouldn't complain because I for one want to see them really emotional about it.

the middle one is the one that was aired. the first one is the one from CBS promo, and the bottom is from t he DVDs.

:icon_mrgreen: Hey Chloe when I'm looking at those pictures in your posts and at your avatar, and it's funny and sweet coincidence, as these pictures together look
 because it seems like Penny  from your avatar looks at that Shamy kiss with that smile which says .... aww this is beautiful, and yes my babies you should do this more often..  :lol:  :wub:  

oh yeah. i like that. ;)

• Like 1

My top 3 wishes for S7:

1) More camaraderie

2) Major progress in minor physical contact

3) No more backtracking/snarky Sheldon: the writers need to commit.

I agree with Lost regarding the rest. I think Sheldon will be loving and caring in his own way, but he will never be romantic in the conventional sense. I think he will swoon Amy without even trying, like he did with the tiara, the EC and the D&D. And that's perfect. They're not a couple of restaurants and roses and jewelry. And I think the first time will be very similar to the D&D, in terms of setting/emotion. I don't think they will play it for laughs when it *does* actually happen, it's going to be a massive moment for both of them. But I wouldn't be surprised if they had an episode where they decide they're going to do it and then everything that can possibly go wrong goes wrong and they never do. There's a lot of comedy in that. 

It's funny, I was just rewatching 2x01 today and Sheldon is so not really naive about dating and sex and relationships even back then. When they're looking at Penny and Leonard kissing through the webcam he makes comments about the body language and how Penny is clenching her jaw to avoid tongue access. He does know what goes on and how things are done, so all those scenarios where he has no clue what to do are kind of nonsensical. Of course theory and practice are two different things, but I don't think he'll be a complete lost cause. And I think the D&D already kind of showed he can be sensual if he wants to.

Edited by koops
  • Like 1

I know that they are not that couple with roses and diamonds etc. I know that he can be sweet and loving and caring in his own way  and Iove this, and yes maybe he never be romantic as everyone says, but have you ever thought in s3 or earlier that he will have a girlfriend, and that he will love her, and he will want to be with her in such intimate way? :)  I love them for their uniqueness,  but a little romantic gesture for her would be sweet surprice. I don't want to change him so much, and I don't expect that he will be some Romeo.  

Edited by silverangel
  • Like 1

I've been quite busy last few weeks, I haven't had much time to read this thread. The one question I had from the Love spell potential episode, was that, when we saw Sheldon and Amy in the bedroom, they had only one dice. Is the dice for D&D a normal dice with dots to 1-6? Anyway later, when we hear Amy shouting "14, yes!", they must have added another dices to the game to have number 14? Did Sheldon had it/them in his bedroom? Is it allowed to add another dices to the D&D game in the middle of the game? Sorry if this has been discussed here earlier. How come could Amy have number 14 with only one dice if the dice is normal, I really don't know the rules of the game. 

I can hear from Amy's voice that she is extremely happy in that moment. After all, we didn't see what happened there behind the door in the tag scene. How they exchanged looks, did they touch each other or how the game ended. If Sheldon was able to say that he is erotically caressing her, that is a lot and he could have been saying other erotic stuff too to her which we only didn't get to hear. Sheldon had to know the definition of "erotic" before he was able to use it! I can sense from Amy's voice the triumphant joy, like she had won something. Maybe in that evening, she "won" some new part of Sheldon to her own, that is, his intimacy. It was the first time to them to get so intimate. She won a promise from him that they will get intimate some time in the future, even more practical level. Her extreme triumph there was by all means justifiable.

And I sense Sheldon finally showed a side from him to Amy that he has never, ever revealed to her or anybody else in his entire life before. It was monumental and earth-shaking moment for Sheldon too.  I can see he was trembling for excitement, pleasure and thrill. Part of him was enjoying the moment, a part of him was maybe on guard a bit, but he put his fears aside and let the D&D game happen. He was excited to confront Amy in the new level as they did and it was extremely pleasurable to him too. 

There are a couple of issues with the dice.

He does use a 20-sided die, I'm pretty sure.  You can see him dump the dice out into his hand, he puts the little bag down, then takes one die, and puts the others on top of the bag.  The die they have most often used on the show for D&D is the 20-sided.

The thing is, they start out using the die more or less the way one would use it in the game, but the minute he rolls to see what part of her body he "erotically caresses", it doesn't make any real sense.  There are no specific body parts assigned to D&D unless one is playing with a very arcane set of rules where in combat a certain number would relate to a body part, but not necessarily anything that one would "erotically caress".  It would be more like an arm or leg or head--something you would hit with a sword to try to defeat an enemy.

So, when he rolls the dice to see whether or not her armor comes off, that makes sense--probably something like a 10 or below would mean no, 11-20 would mean yes.  But then they go from using the die to determine whether or not they're successful at what they are attempting (removing armor), to using some number on the die to represent a body part, like when he says he kisses her back, then rolls the die, then says, on the lips, or when he erotically caresses her...nose.

So then when L&P are in the hall and Amy says Sheldon is nibbling her...14!, well, there's no telling what 14 is supposed to represent.  The writers are trying to imply that it means something like her ear lobe or whatever part he might try to nibble that she would like (obviously not her nose...)

But in reality, there's no such correspondence.  Sorry.

As for how far they went, I don't think they actually did anything physical.  Molaro says it's their "first sexual experience", but he also qualifies that a bit, like it's not actually a physical experience.  I can't find the quote, but you should read it in context.

I do think that Sheldon certainly knows what the word "erotic" means, and I assume he knows that an intimate encounter might include some erotic caressing.  But I don't think the writers were trying to imply that they actually did anything physical in his room.  They were just using the role-playing to imagine what it would be like to be intimate.  Even so, I don't think they got past imagining some "heavy petting".

JMO.

• Like 1

When I quoted Molaro about the "sexual experience" I didn't mean that they did anything physical. I think what Molaro was saying is that it was indeed an imaginary sexual experience, therefore "asexual" in the sense that there was no actual touching or physicality. But it was sexual nonetheless. In the same way phone sex or cyber sex would be considered a sexual experience. How far they went is up to speculation, who knows if we'll ever find out. But, for the writers to classify it as sexual, they must have had further than kissing in mind. Especially if they had "been in there a while". 

• Like 1

Guest DroneInTheSun

And "I erotically carress your... nose" is pretty obvious. There was no grammatical reason to have Sheldon say "erotically"; if that word is here, it's definitely to show how serious Sheldon is. He knows what "erotically" means, he knows what he's conveying when he's using this word. This encounter is sexual even if there was no touching, there is no doubt about it.

When I quoted Molaro about the "sexual experience" I didn't mean that they did anything physical. I think what Molaro was saying is that it was indeed an imaginary sexual experience, therefore "asexual" in the sense that there was no actual touching or physicality. But it was sexual nonetheless. In the same way phone sex or cyber sex would be considered a sexual experience. How far they went is up to speculation, who knows if we'll ever find out. But, for the writers to classify it as sexual, they must have had further than kissing in mind. Especially if they had "been in there a while". 

This is what I meant--that it was sexual in that they were clearly exploring the idea of what they would like to do, but not physical in the sense that the role-playing didn't lead to actual physical action.

• Like 1

Hey! Guys, guys, guys!

I have a theory about Shamy...

In Star Trek, Vulcans (like Spock, for example) have (what is essentially) sex once every seven years in what is known as Pon Farr.

The next season of TBBT will be its seventh.

I believe Sheldon will have sex with Amy (his own personal pon farr) in season seven of The Big Bang Theory.

Easy as that.

And now I have a new head canon. Oh no...

• Like 1

tumblr_inline_mi8wob7Owt1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_inline_mi8wpvTcgq1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_inline_mi8wrvS2Zx1qz4rgp.gif

HOMEOSTATIC ADJUSTMENT JUST UPDATED! 

AHHHHHH! 

tumblr_m7q98tmHiY1rpwd9j.gif

MY SENTIMENTS AFTER FINDING THAT OUT.

And now I have a new head canon. Oh no...

This IS my headcanon ever since season 5 after 523. :p

Edited by rubyanjel
  • Like 2

MY SENTIMENTS AFTER FINDING THAT OUT.

This IS my headcanon ever since season 5 after 523. :p

Rubyanjel, dearest...

WHAT IS GOING ON IN YOUR AVATAR?!?!?!

Looks like people stealing cats... or shoes??    :icon_eek:

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 1