The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

I don't think they'll wait. The only thing in the way is Sheldon's issues with physical contact, nothing else. I do believe that when the writers had Amy say they'll get married in exactly 4 years they weren't joking. Season 10 is perfectly reasonable for a series finale with a wedding. And they won't wait that long to have them sleep together, especially the way things are going right now. I think people overestimate Sheldon's mother influence, he's rebuffed her religious views on multiple occasions, even labeling her a religious nut. And Amy isn't religious either. Plus, it doesn't sound like her other children are pure and chaste, so I think her way of saying "have they sinned?" is like Sheldon using "coitus" instead of "sex", nothing more, nothing less. Also, do you remember what she told Penny about when she was younger??? She seems to have had her fun back in the day, lol.

I would have thought the only reason other than his aversion to physical contact that would make him wait is if he thinks sex should be just for reproduction, which could have been an option with pre 6x14 Sheldon, but not now. 

I was also thinking the other day that some rather hilarious situations could come up when their mothers meet since, unless we're meant to assume Amy has set her mother straight, they have complete opposite information about what goes on in their relationship. One thinks they're at it like rabbits and the other that they're pure and chaste. LOL. 

eta: That is unless, of course, Sheldon randomly proposes soon, which is one of the things I haven't ruled out, knowing him. But in that case the fact that they'll get married before having sex would be just a coincidence.

Edited by spook
  • Like 1

Also am wondering if they will have sex before getting married, remember when Sheldon got all the cats and his mother asked Leonard if they sinned? Maybe they will wait especially if neither of them are religious like Mary is

I do like the fact that they are going slowly, you can build something strong that way

I was asking myself exact the same question. Personally I even think he might want to get married beforehand. But who knows. Sheldon surprises us almost every week these days :-)

Also, can I comment on his "it gives me encouragement"? Such a shipper, Jim. I remember his very first interview with Mayim when she had just joined the show where they were like "nahhh, I can't see them kissing", now they're both shipping all over the place. 

• Like 2

Also, can I comment on his "it gives me encouragement"? Such a shipper, Jim. I remember his very first interview with Mayim when she had just joined the show where they were like "nahhh, I can't see them kissing", now they're both shipping all over the place. 

Love this interview with Jim shipping the Shamy....   and even more Love the reaction of the others. Penny: "WHAT?"  hahahaha

Edited by Shamynatress

I don't think they'll wait. The only thing in the way is Sheldon's issues with physical contact, nothing else. I do believe that when the writers had Amy say they'll get married in exactly 4 years they weren't joking. Season 10 is perfectly reasonable for a series finale with a wedding. And they won't wait that long to have them sleep together, especially the way things are going right now. I think people overestimate Sheldon's mother influence, he's rebuffed her religious views on multiple occasions, even labeling her a religious nut. And Amy isn't religious either. Plus, it doesn't sound like her other children are pure and chaste, so I think her way of saying "have they sinned?" is like Sheldon using "coitus" instead of "sex", nothing more, nothing less. Also, do you remember what she told Penny about when she was younger??? She seems to have had her fun back in the day, lol.   I would have thought the only reason other than his aversion to physical contact that would make him wait is if he thinks sex should be just for reproduction, which could have been an option with pre 6x14 Sheldon, but not now.    I was also thinking the other day that some rather hilarious situations could come up when their mothers meet since, unless we're meant to assume Amy has set her mother straight, they have complete opposite information about what goes on in their relationship. One thinks they're at it like rabbits and the other that they're pure and chaste. LOL.    eta: That is unless, of course, Sheldon randomly proposes soon, which is one of the things I haven't ruled out, knowing him. But in that case the fact that they'll get married before having sex would be just a coincidence.
Maybe his Mother telling him not to do it will be the push he needs to 'do it'!

"which gives me encouragement that we might be going there."

He's definitely a shipper. Haha. Explains why he seemed even more happy than usual the evening that episode was filmed. He was excited.

Monique

The next time Mary Cooper shows up, I hope she notices the changes in her son and then finally gives him 'the talk' about ladies. Hilarious. Despite her religious views, I kind of think Mrs Cooper might not care too much about her son's chasteness. Amy is an answer to Mary's prayers: she's taking Sheldon off her hands for good.

Edited by bostrich
  • Like 2

keep an eye out for Tara Hernandez amongst the writers for next week. I bet a kidney she's on it.

eta: Given that from the sides it sounds like Bernadette isn't impressed with Howard either on V-day it'd be hilarious if it turns out that Sheldon is the only good boyfriend this time around and the boys have to put up with Penny and Bernadette using Sheldon as a standard (because you know that if their V-day goes well, they will have to put up with hyper!Amy on the next girls night). I can just picture how that would drive Howard up the wall. 

Edited by spook

I think Sheldon does not listen to his mother many times, yet somehow he still manages to live his life as if he does.  For example, he is still very careful with his language and does not like to use bad words.  He also makes choices that align with her "religious" training she gave him.  So while he may not believe in the faith itself, he still somehow lives by those principles most of the time. He doesn't cast judgment on others (which is good), yet for himself, he may still align with the idea that marriage is sacred and that the marriage bed is for after the ceremony kind of thing.   However, after 6.14 episode, I am inclined to believe they are going to focus on coitus first then marriage (as toward the end of the series).  :icon_lol:  However, they could have a long engagement.   Sheldon, however seems like the kind of person that once he makes up his mind, might want a ceremony fairly quickly after getting engaged.   They could prove me wrong on that.

Shamynatress, the link was above with TV guide where the quote came from Jim.   Monique, I think you are right about why he may have been in a good mood, however he seems like when he and Mayim have good scenes together, he is always in a good mood.  :icon_wink:

I definitely want to see the mothers to meet, be on the show, and to notice a change in their relationship.   I really hope that happens and can't wait! :icon_lol:

Spook, I think that is exactly what it sounds like it is turning out to be - Sheldon is the only one that is going to be the good boyfriend in the V-day episode.   I love it!  :icon_cheesygrin:

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

I think Sheldon does not listen to his mother many times, yet somehow he still manages to live his life as if he does.  For example, he is still very careful with his language and does not like to use bad words.  He also makes choices that align with her "religious" training she gave him.  So while he may not believe in the faith itself, he still somehow lives by those principles most of the time. He doesn't cast judgment on others (which is good), yet for himself, he may still align with the idea that marriage is sacred and that the marriage bed is for after the ceremony kind of thing.   However, after 6.14 episode, I am inclined to believe they are going to focus on coitus first then marriage (as toward the end of the series).  :icon_lol:  However, they could have a long engagement.   Sheldon, however seems like the kind of person that once he makes up his mind, might want a ceremony fairly quickly after getting engaged.   They could prove me wrong on that.

Having good manners is different from having specific morals though. Besides the swearing and the drinking/drugs, which is essentially him being well behaved, what other things align with his mother's religious beliefs? None that I can think of. With all the sex going on around him all the time, by now he would have made at least one comment if he thought sex is for after marriage. He's made comments in the past about everything related to sex coming down to reproduction, that's why I thought they could have gone down the route of no sex unless it is to make babies for him. And he's made comments about how it's unsanitary and messy, which aligns with his fears of physical contact. But that's all his comments about sex have ever been. I think it's one of those fanfic-fanon things, similarly to frustrated!Amy, where there's no hints of on the show but it somehow takes on a life of its own in fandom. 

and sweet shamy moments could mean anything but it needs to be SMOOCHIGN K?

LOL I don't know why every time you write smooching I laugh like an idiot. That word just cracks me up for some reason. I am fairly confident you'll get your smooching though.

• Like 1

Spook, you are right that most of his aversion to sex is really related to his mysophobia and I think fear to be honest.  I doubt it really is related to religious upbringing.  However, that said, he may surprise is in that regard was all I was trying to point out.  I personally think he will have coitus before marriage and I think Amy will surprise us and actually end up a bit shy about it when it actually does occur the first time.   I do see them taking the progress slowly, however.  I think it will take at least the rest of this season and probably next for him to get more comfortable with basic physical things which they sound like they are starting to introduce more and more of.  

I agree with Chloe, it better have some smooching!   I don't mean a quick peck on the lips...I want a full on, real kiss between them.  :icon_lol: 

I am curious about tomorrow's taping and how it might be setting up the 6.16 episode.   I can't wait to learn what happens. 

Hi guys!!

I agree with what has been said about Amy. Up until now, she has been so forward because she knew that she could. She knew that no matter what  Sheldon wasn't going to "accept her offers", but once she realizes the change in his boyfriend's attitude...well...that is gonna be completely different. I think she is gonna be as happy as scared.  Although the appearance, she is just a girl who has missed romance all her life, a girl who spends nights imagining a perfect first time with her perfect boyfriend. It struck me when, during the argument with Bernadette, she said, "When Sheldon and I do make love". She didn't use the expression "having sex" or other complicated expressions you could have expected from her, but the "making love" one, like a 12-year old  dreaming of prince charming. I don't know....in my opinion, the words and the way she pronounced them show how in that aspect of life she is so much younger than her age. 

I think sex is still far away for them. They need to became more comfortable physically with each other before. Hugging, kissing, cuddling, etc...I mean they can't go from entering the stadium to home run, right? The bases are important!! ;) Amy knows that!! 

About V-day, yes, I think you' re right. Sheldon is gonna be the one to organize the right night, and Penny and Bernie will be- for the first time- kinda jealous of Amy!! :)

I also agree with Spook about good manners, mother etc..... :)

Edited by Aster7
  • Like 2

And if they stick to Bernadetts bases they will at least need 10 more episodes to get to base 8! 7 with shirt off (his shirt)

No, won't take a little kiss. Expect at least some saliva exchange....  CANOODLE     :icon_wink: 

Edited by Shamynatress
  • Like 1