The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

MJistheBOMB

What would be the point of that dream sequence other than to appease the Shennys? They could very well do it, but IMO, it's extremely cliche' (like, any B-grade fanfic writer could come up with that excuse to have Shenny kiss) and unnecessary. I'd kind of lose a bit of respect for the writers if they ever went there to be honest. I'm already not a fan of the whole Penny/Raj thing in the S4 finale and how it was resolved. 

And to be completely honest with you, even a Shamy dream makeout would be very cliche', although it could be used to make the point that Sheldon's starting to have *that* kind of fantasy or something, whereas with Shenny it wouldn't really make much sense (that is, assuming they never want to go there on the show *shudders*). The whole ploy of using dreams and alcohol to give audiences what they want without direct consequences for the actual story is so unimaginative. 

• Like 4

Guest DroneInTheSun

Besides, dreams are ways our subconscious use to send us messages of what's troubling us. Sheldon dreaming of Penny and himself in a relationship would mean he has an underlying desire to be with her. It wouldn't be innocent at all and would have way too much weight. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't call that a dream sequence - I'd call that a nightmare sequence.

But maybe that's just my over-dramatic side speaking.

No it isn't. I threw up a little in my mouth just visualizing it. It would be like the Luke-Leia Star Wars makeout session all over again.

Besides, dreams are ways our subconscious use to send us messages of what's troubling us. Sheldon dreaming of Penny and himself in a relationship would mean he has an underlying desire to be with her. It wouldn't be innocent at all and would have way too much weight. 

Word! Preach on, sista!

To me it's more that line at Howard's bachelor party: "I always thought you'd be the last one of us to ever get married." Really Sheldon??? :p

I always thought it was interesting when Amy was talking to him this season about him wanting to plan to "get married and start a family," he didn't freak out or try to pretend he didn't know what she was getting at. He just slid past it ever so smoothly. But, from Sheldon, it's the not protesting that said a lot.

• Like 2

you know, Sheldon already said in an episode that of he isn't comfortable in a topic or conversationhe just swivels it into another topic, like that time they were at City Hall and Amy told him, 'Look at all these people in love, kinda makes you thinking, huh?' to which he responds, " It does" and then shifting to diverting the convo about Leonard's failed mid-coitus proposal. So yeah, I think he isn't denying it but just swaying from the topic.

• Like 1

you know, Sheldon already said in an episode that of he isn't comfortable in a topic or conversationhe just swivels it into another topic, like that time they were at City Hall and Amy told him, 'Look at all these people in love, kinda makes you thinking, huh?' to which he responds, " It does" and then shifting to diverting the convo about Leonard's failed mid-coitus proposal. So yeah, I think he isn't denying it but just swaying from the topic.

Yeah he often does that, like in that closure ep when he is upset about that his  favorite tv show is ended, and Amy says: I'm sorry you're upset. "You know, Sheldon sometimes people seek the comfort of phisical contact in moment like this"... and Sheldon of course swaying from the topic says: "I'm not flying back to Texas just so my mom can give me a hug"...

Guest DroneInTheSun

I just wanted to say, coming back to the Shamy thread after taking a tour of the rest of the forum is always a welcome change of scenery. Stay awesome, dearest shipmates.

• Like 3

I actually think that he wasn't changing the topic at all, just seeing it from a different angle--he had been picking at the whole business of Leonard's ill-timed proposal to Penny and was just still on that topic.  When he saw all the people in love/getting married, he was again reminded of Leonard's proposal.  Amy wanted him to think about her and himself as a couple, but he was thinking about Leonard and Penny being in love or not or whatever.

It did make him think, but it made him think about L/P, not himself.

Yeah he often does that, like in that closure ep when he is upset about that his favorite tv show is ended, and Amy says: I'm sorry you're upset. "You know, Sheldon sometimes people seek the comfort of phisical contact in moment like this"... and Sheldon of course swaying from the topic says: "I'm not flying back to Texas just so my mom can give me a hug"...

yeah Sheldon knew exactly what Amy was talking about!
  • Like 1

yeah Sheldon knew exactly what Amy was talking about!

I really don't think he did.  I don't think that the writers, in a situation like this, are trying to show that Sheldon is coyly avoiding the subject.  I think that when they show him purposefully avoiding such things, it's very obvious--like the way he was purposefully avoiding Amy's suggestion when she was lying on the couch in her Sleeping Beauty costume.  She was hinting at him coming over to kiss her and he was saying that he heard her the first time, implying that he knew what she wanted and he wasn't going to do it.

However, in the Closure episode, I think they made a point of him NOT getting it when he made the comments about getting a hug from his mother--which he must immediately think of as consoling--and his comments about how frustrating it was to never get satisfaction.  In both instances Sheldon and Amy were interpreting the issues in completely different ways.

Yeah but he knew what she meant about the consoling hug in the kripke episode and to me it was the same in the closure ep but I think he chose to ignore/avoid the question

But she was directly offering him a hug.  She said very specifically that she wished she could do something to make him feel better and offered him a hug.

In the Closure episode she was much less direct.  She was talking in generalities about people, not about him specifically.  If she has said, "may I offer you a hug to console you" or something like that, and THEN he had deflected her, then it would be true that he was trying to avoid her implication.

But I think that they were making a point of him not getting her suggestion at all--which led to the later comment about frustration.

Well, I guess I'm the only one who would enjoy a Shenny dream. :p I don't think it would be anymore cliche than anything else on the show. And besides, those kinds of things happen all the time whether or not somebody desires it in real life. When someone dreams of somebody breaking into their home and pointing a gun to their head, is that because they want it to happen in real life?

I just think it's fairly obvious, because it's one of those things that will shock the audience and bring tension between the two characters. It would be something to take advantage of. Whether or not the writers would ever do it, I don't know.

No, a Shenny kiss would be gross, not funny. Besides, it's never a good idea to feed the Shennys. It only makes it worse.

• Like 5