The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

MJistheBOMB

I also think having Sheldon and Penny kiss just because is ridiculous. In a similar vein, why not have Sheldon kiss Leonard? There are some Sheldard fans out there who would love that. Or, for real fun, why not Howard? Talk about a bad dream! LOL.

My point is introducing something like this on a Shamy thread is tantamount to shouting "fire" in a crowded movie theater. You just don't do it unless you want to cause a riot.

(By the way, welcome, Maddie. You have now been baptized into the Shamy.)

LOL

Edited by Misophonia

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just rewatched this and I think it will always be one of my favorite openings to an episode. I sooooo hope that they bring Bob Newhart back for Sheldon to be Professor Proton Jr and have Amy as his assistant and do something like this, because I can already picture Bob Newhart's deadpan humor contrasted with their utter uselessness at acting/entertaining. 

My favorite part is when she does the "Vanna White hands" showing off the side of the flag. Pure brilliance!

My favorite part is when she does the "Vanna White hands" showing off the side of the flag. Pure brilliance!

You know, besides those details, someone mentioned that during their taping of the Wheaton FWF episode, Wil is really amazed with Mayim. She was mouthing Sheldon's lines there even if her back was to the audience and the only persons who could see her are Jim and Wil. It's like she's really doing the method acting and having Amy act like a real director. Wasn't she mouthing Sheldon's lines there in the first FWF too? See, awesome!

You know, besides those details, someone mentioned that during their taping of the Wheaton FWF episode, Wil is really amazed with Mayim. She was mouthing Sheldon's lines there even if her back was to the audience and the only persons who could see her are Jim and Wil. It's like she's really doing the method acting and having Amy act like a real director. Wasn't she mouthing Sheldon's lines there in the first FWF too? See, awesome!

Yes ..Mayim is just awesome, and brilliant actress, perfect....  :wub:

Edited by silverangel

And the little wave at the beaver. LOL.

"I'm surrendering... to fun!" 

And Ferdinand T. Flag.

Too much brilliance for one scene.

Edited by koops

I remember back then reading a review of the episode and calling it the most awkward attempt of actors playing characters that are awkward actors. I say, mission accomplished.

Is it sad that I am only replying to say "agreed"?

Oh well.

Is it sad that I am only replying to say "agreed"?

Oh well.

It's not a problem. It gets the thread going. At least you acknowledge your presence and kickstart this place. In Amy's words, we've "hit the ground running".

Oh and to answer the Shenny question once and for all about whether Sheldon has ever been remotely romantically interested in Penny, I present to you the following:

"Amy, before I met you, I never had any interest in being intimate with anyone."

Sheldon Cooper

"The Love Spell Potential"

I remember back then reading a review of the episode and calling it the most awkward attempt of actors playing characters that are awkward actors. I say, mission accomplished.

I love the deliberate bad acting in fwf, Jim especially pulls it off so well Edited by rachygd

I think when shows start doing stuff to appease certain factions it's a bad sign for the direction the show is taking. Writers do not owe anyone anything: be it neutrals, Shennys, Shamys or whatever. They tell their story and we can only like it or not. Nobody has a right to see anything on screen.

People want the SIK because TPTB put Amy and Sheldon together to start with: it's a progression of a story they set in motion. People have expectations, of course, but that's because the writers lead the viewers in certain directions: a kiss is a fairly reasonable thing to expect out of Shamy at this stage, I don't think the writers would do it just to please fans, or it would have happened a long time ago. They'll do it when they want to do it.

It's very different from wanting something TPTB have never intended on doing in the first place, by their own admission. The writers have said again and again that they pretty much ignore the Shennys (latest comment by Molaro in that article that was posted today) and the cast is against it too. To go against what they all believe to give a cookie to a small minority is something a show usually does when it's jumped the shark and it's grasping at straws to keep the ratings up.

And PHANTA FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BRING THAT UP?????? :icon_cry:

Sorry, koops! :p

It's just always struck me as a great example of people completely misunderstanding the writer's intent and projecting their own interpretation onto something,

I love the truth of that episode, though--"You were my friend and you told me the truth."

Sorry, koops! :p

It's just always struck me as a great example of people completely misunderstanding the writer's intent and projecting their own interpretation onto something,

I love the truth of that episode, though--"You were my friend and you told me the truth."

Even though I never interpreted that episode to have that meaning, it still left a bitter taste in my mouth, to be honest. So I hope we never get to see something like that on TBBT. But the ending is beautiful. 

Sorry for the OT, carry on :p 

I also think having Sheldon and Penny kiss just because is ridiculous. In a similar vein, why not have Sheldon kiss Leonard? There are some Sheldard fans out there who would love that. Or, for real fun, why not Howard? Talk about a bad dream! LOL.

My point is introducing something like this on a Shamy thread is tantamount to shouting "fire" in a crowded movie theater. You just don't do it unless you want to cause a riot.

(By the way, welcome, Maddie. You have now been baptized into the Shamy.)

LOL

Thank you Miso! :p Just so everyone knows, I am completely and utterly in love with the Shamy. They are my favorite pairing out of any TV show, book, movie, anything, lol. l'm also a huge Shenny shipper but as friends. They're magnificent together, but believe me, I know them finding a romance would be as irrelevant as Amy and Howard, or Leonoard and Kripke. :p :P

Also, what does TPTB stand for?

Edited by Maddie21

Totally OT...

My apartment is in a "hot, dense state".  :(

AC not working, it's about 87 degrees in my apartment and the AC guy won't be here until sometime tomorrow.  The poor kitties are melting, I've got a couple of fans going, but...

BLECH!

Edited by phantagrae

correction, just so we're clear. Shipping is from the word ship which fans has shorted for 'relationship', usually of the romantic kind. so if you say you SHIP Shenny BUT as friends, it's confusing in terms of the use ans application of the lingo. Okay, I do like Sheldon ans Penny as friends, so do Raj and Howard and Sheldon and Leonard and Amy and Penny. But I do NOT 'ship them but as friends'. shipping entails you support a romantic relationship between those two people that you ship. :)

Random Shamy related giggle of the morning. Someone on my FB feed is stressed out due to deadlines and put up the tiara scene to show how they will feel when it's all said and done. Racking up the likes already. hehe. :p