The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

Guest DroneInTheSun

It's not as much of a diversion than a case where we all have our opinions and probably won't change them so why keep arguing? I do keep arguing when I don't like the person I'm arguing with but I like everyone who's a regular poster on this topic so it doesn't count.

• Like 2

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

I like it that no matter how heated the discussions get in here we always keep it civilized, unlike many other threads in the forums :)

• Like 3

Random Shamy thoughts of the day.

1) Rewatching 5x02, I never noticed how disappointed Sheldon sounds when he asks Leonard "Don't you like Amy?". So cute.

2) Rewatching 4x15, love the little smug smirk he gives her when she tells him she respects his rebellious attitude. LOL. 

• Like 3

My point is this. Most fanfic writers follow this forum, so whether you leave negative reviews on their page or rant about it in here, they read it. And quite a few of those writers are young kids who look up to the elders in this community. Whether you mention fics by name or not, you are negatively impacting their efforts. Why can't we set an example of positivity and shine a light on their good accomplishments? I'm not trying to start a rift. I'm the most laid back individual you'll come across. I just feel that everyone has room to grow and that positivity is the best way to ensure it happens. Cherrs to you all. I'm a fan of this thread and all who are a part of it.

I agree with you and I try not to be negative when I review ff.

I wrote a one shot a while back and I used a reference to the new show 'Defiance' which had been recommended to me from another nerdy friend, so I used it in my story. Now I have seen the show I don't like it (wish I'd used something else :( ) but I got this review from a guy.

"Defiance is hardly a promising show. It's a bad show based on a worse video game. Also, It's supposed to be engaged in coitus, not had coitus. Just because something is a synonym doesn't mean it can be used the same way, especially in writing. It's like a stab-wound in the story.

The language wasn't great nor was it awful, you should have re-read it again before posting it. Looked out for things to fix, but it didn't make want to claw my eyes out like several stories on the site do. On a more positive note you got the spirit of the show down really well and the content was good, even if the last piece, the one where he talked to penny again was of discernibly lower quality compared to the rest of the story. But overall it was good for a one-shot."

LOL!! I don't mind that much because there is both negatives and positives but it's a little like a tutor marking my story.

Edited by Spaced_up
  • Like 1

Hey folks, I've been going mainly to chat lately and staying out of the threads, but it's nice to check in and see what's going on.  Looks like a spirited discussion.  My apologies for posting something off-topic here, but I've looked around and can't find a thread where it seems on-topic.  Anyway, my question is:  Friday is the TBBT panel at Comic-Con, and I know it's a scaled-back version this year but I still want to see it.  Does anyone know of a place where it's being broadcast or posted?  Will it be on Hulu?

I don't think there is an official broadcast, but if someone who attends films it, then it will show up on YouTube at some point.

BTW, there's also a ComicCon thread under The Show or the Cast & Crew, I think.  There's a little more info there.

I agree with you and I try not to be negative when I review ff.

I wrote a one shot a while back and I used a reference to the new show 'Defiance' which had been recommended to me from another nerdy friend, so I used it in my story. Now I have seen the show I don't like it (wish I'd used something else :( ) but I got this review from a guy.

"Defiance is hardly a promising show. It's a bad show based on a worse video game. Also, It's supposed to be engaged in coitus, not had coitus. Just because something is a synonym doesn't mean it can be used the same way, especially in writing. It's like a stab-wound in the story.

The language wasn't great nor was it awful, you should have re-read it again before posting it. Looked out for things to fix, but it didn't make want to claw my eyes out like several stories on the site do. On a more positive note you got the spirit of the show down really well and the content was good, even if the last piece, the one where he talked to penny again was of discernibly lower quality compared to the rest of the story. But overall it was good for a one-shot."

LOL!! I don't mind that much because there is both negatives and positives but it's a little like a tutor marking my story.

Well, in a way, that's what one perhaps should expect in review/critique.

I think it's much better to have someone take the time to point out details of the story that worked or didn't work than to just give you a glossed over "That was good!" or "That was bad!" kind of review.

It reminds me of the reviews of our symphony concerts in our local paper.

One guy, who does most of the reviews, has some pretty good background and is familiar with most of the music we play, so even if he's a master of the backhanded compliment ("Even the horns sounded good this time!") he usually has an informed opinion.  He may comment on tempos and balance and other issues as well as which piece might have been the most interesting, etc.

The other guy who sometimes does reviews says things like, "The orchestra played beautifully and the soloist was great!" :icon_rolleyes:

The comments you mentioned sound like something a good beta-reader might say, and having a good beta-reader to go over your story before you post it is priceless.  Having an objective ear to listen to one's work is always best because as an author, it's easy to get too close to something.  If you understand what you're trying to say, you might not realize that someone else who isn't inside your head might not understand it.

This is even true if you're writing something official for work--it helps to have someone else look at it to catch any errors or difficult-to-understand wording.

And I think it also strengthen's one's approach to be able to defend it to a beta-reader.  If the beta challenges you on some idea, you ought to be able to defend your reasoning or your characterization or whatever.

My sister is writing a story (not fanfiction) and she had me read it.  There was a section that felt off to me--out of sync with what the two characters involved were supposed to be.  I pointed out the issues I had, she and I discussed what it was she was trying to say and how I felt she was or was not saying it and she re-wrote it a couple of times until we both felt like it was what she wanted.  It wasn't that I changed her mind about the scene, but that I helped her look at it more closely and fine tune it until it really said what she wanted it to say.

I think that anyone who writes ought to be able to examine their work closely, for the sake of their readers.  If you're trying to tell a story for others to read, then the readers ought to be able to understand what it is you're really trying to say.

JMO

Fellow Shamys.. August is approaching, and so is the first taping report for season 7! I'm getting excited already lol :D I remember someone told here she/he was going to go to the taping?

• Like 1

Call me crazy, but I'm actually not going to read the first taping report. I'm starting the season off unspoiled. 

Coddammit where is the blue thing when you need it??? *flips lab table*

Seriously though, I get you. I'm kind of tempted to do the same and not read taping reports until the first episode airs because I'm so swamped with work I shouldn't get distracted. But it's going to be tough. We'll see how I manage.

• Like 1

A little summertime fun trivia. Put these to your favorite time order, how do you see these events will happen in the future for Shamy. Which will come first from Sheldon to Amy, and what last?
a) "Amy, will you marry me?" b.)  "I love you" c) a hug initiated by him d) a kiss initiated by him e) smooching/spooning/making out  f) first time coitus (initiated by him or Amy)
Do you see Amy could propose Sheldon first, say "I love you" or initiate coitus (directly and sober, not drunk) first before him? If so, why? What would be an unexpected, but positive turn of events for Shamy for season 7?  Have fun. :)

• Like 3

A little summertime fun trivia. Put these to your favorite time order, how do you see these events will happen in the future for Shamy. Which will come first from Sheldon to Amy, and what last?

a) "Amy, will you marry me?" b.)  "I love you" c) a hug initiated by him d) a kiss initiated by him e) smooching/spooning/making out  f) first time coitus (initiated by him or Amy)

Do you see Amy could propose Sheldon first, say "I love you" or initiate coitus (directly and sober, not drunk) first before him? If so, why? What would be an unexpected, but positive turn of events for Shamy for season 7?  Have fun. :)

D

B

C

E

F

A

It will be interesting to analyze the result and see if if anybody got the same, everybody going for a last I see

Someone needs to make a chart with everyone's predictions, sort of like a betting pool. :p

D

C

B

E

F

A