The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

MJistheBOMB

A little summertime fun trivia. Put these to your favorite time order, how do you see these events will happen in the future for Shamy. Which will come first from Sheldon to Amy, and what last?

a) "Amy, will you marry me?" b.)  "I love you" c) a hug initiated by him d) a kiss initiated by him e) smooching/spooning/making out  f) first time coitus (initiated by him or Amy)

Do you see Amy could propose Sheldon first, say "I love you" or initiate coitus (directly and sober, not drunk) first before him? If so, why? What would be an unexpected, but positive turn of events for Shamy for season 7?  Have fun. :)

C

B

D

E

A

F

• Like 1

Guest DroneInTheSun

D

B

C

E

F

A

It's interesting that you see a SIK before a SIH. What makes you think it could happen this way? 

As for me - C D B E F A

Guest DroneInTheSun

Chloe's autobiography: I'm Chloe and I want Sheldon to kiss Amy. The End.

• Like 3

It's interesting that you see a SIK before a SIH. What makes you think it could happen this way? 

As for me - C D B E F A

Because I think the writers seem to be steering very clear of any kind of contact right now, that I think they're preparing for the punch. A SIK is way overdue, and they must be aware of it. I just have a hunch that the next significant contact between them will be a kiss. And I think their relationship has definitely taken a sexual turn after 6x23 in Sheldon's mind that he must be aware she's waiting on him to kiss her too. Hugs are not a big deal right now, we've had a lot.

Guest DroneInTheSun

Because I think the writers seem to be steering very clear of any kind of contact right now, that I think they're preparing for the punch. A SIK is way overdue, and they must be aware of it. I just have a hunch that the next significant contact between them will be a kiss. And I think their relationship has definitely taken a sexual turn after 6x23 in Sheldon's mind that he must be aware she's waiting on him to kiss her too. Hugs are not a big deal right now, we've had a lot.

That's a good point actually.

I love how three hugs are considered "a lot" for Shamy shippers though. Literally the only ship in the world where even if their hands just reach for the same napkin at the same time, there's an explosion of ~FEELS~ on the Internet.

• Like 1

Coddammit where is the blue thing when you need it??? *flips lab table*

Seriously though, I get you. I'm kind of tempted to do the same and not read taping reports until the first episode airs because I'm so swamped with work I shouldn't get distracted. But it's going to be tough. We'll see how I manage.

If you do feel like attempting such a thing, I'll back you up Koopsie. Honestly I got so worked up over taping reports for S6 that I want a bit of a break. I just want to sit down in front of my computer after S7 EP1's airing, load the episode, and be genuinely surprised/angered/thrilled over what happens on screen. It'll be a nice change to go into it not knowing what I'm about to see. 

We could all make a pledge, but I predict Cait will make it and Koops will not. ;)

I say that with love! Koops is a woman who needs to know, damn it!

:icon_cool:

That's a good point actually.

I love how three hugs are considered "a lot" for Shamy shippers though. Literally the only ship in the world where even if their hands just reach for the same napkin at the same time, there's an explosion of ~FEELS~ on the Internet.

You weren't around in the X-Files days, m'dear. ;) We invented the explosions of feels on the internet. They just weren't called feels :p

@Cait: I'd probably read the reports again after I'm done with my dissertation, I don't plan on going unspoiled the whole season because a ) I just physically can't, lol, and b ) I'd have to stay out of the thread and the chat and it would suck.

Edited by koops
  • Like 1

Guest DroneInTheSun

@Cait: I'd probably read the reports again after I'm done with my dissertation, I don't plan on going unspoiled the whole season because a ) I just physically can't, lol, and b ) I'd have to stay out of the thread and the chat and it would suck.

That's literally the only reason why I can't not read the taping reports. That and the fact that I'm a greedy spoiled brat and need spoilers like I need air. Except for Sherlock. If you tell me any Sherlock spoiler I'll probably just burn your house down.

• Like 1

I don't think I could last the whole season, but I'm sure I can go spoiler free for one episode. ;) 

Cait I am going to attempt to join you and koops in the dangerous quest of not reading these first few reports. I may even try to go further...though the possibilities of succeeding in that are extremely small.

Welcome to the club! :wub: I have no idea how long I'm going to go spoiler free, but for now the goal is just for the first episode... You know, start small. :p 

Guest DroneInTheSun

Btw I was thinking back on yesterday's conversation about the trends we don't like in fanfictions, but, on the opposite end, are there scenario you're dying to read and that have never been written?

I know Andy has one that she's dying to read... I can't fully remember it though. :lol:

I have three actually...

1. Sheldon saying "I love you" and Amy replying with "I know" like in Star Wars. But it will be all cute and adorable because there would be a look of exchange between them where they both truly know she is saying it back.

2. Amy teaches Sheldon to drive.

3. Amy and Sheldon dress up as Jack and Sally from The Nightmare before Christmas.

That is all. Thank you and goodnight.

• Like 2

Thanks all who answered the trivia. :) My guess would be c, d, b, e, a, f / f, a.

A word of warning, some Shamy-romantic stuff ahead.  :wub:  This is what I hope for Shamy's romantic progression in future seasons, although there could be another point of views as well. 
 What I would like to see is that Sheldon would fall in love "again" with Amy, this time way more desperately and deeper (emotionally). Although I believe this has already happened to him somewhere on the way, I hope we would see it clearly happening in him and it would cause some major change of behavior in him towards Amy.  With this, I mean it would happen still in character for him, not out of character-like behavior. It would be like a new refreshment to their relationship. We would see some nerdy and quirky Sheldon-way behavior when he is trying to impress his lady, in a scientific ways perhaps. Maybe not a clear seduction, but something like making a new impression to her.  And show her that he can be a nerdy-romantic man too, because Amy needs and really deserves it. It's about time.

Sheldon will regret it forever, if he continues to deny from her what she really needs and deserves to have in her life - a loving man that is open to her, treats her well and a real, more intimate and deeper relationship with her man. I hope Sheldon could re-identify himself again as Amy's man, this time on a larger scale what it means, not only identifying himself as his boyfriend with a restrictive relationship agreement. Once Sheldon opens himself to Amy, he will understand his fears (concerning love with a woman) were not true. He will understand that the message of his fears were false and the most of the time he believed more his fears than words of the woman of his life who assured with her love for him that there is nothing to be afraid of in true love. But, once his heart opens for her, he will feel himself more secure in her radiant love than ever or anywhere before. He will look back and wonder in surprise why on earth he didn't figure that out before. He will change. He may look himself, his life, Amy and their relationship from a whole new point he never has had before. The order of importance of things in his life will change.
For the situation at the moment, the power of fear is still quite strong in him when it comes to areas of physical intimacy with a woman he loves. Winning these fears and letting them go will have the deepest impact of his life on him, although all this happened in a very long time scale. Winning these fears may be the toughest task he will ever do in his life, but it certainly will be the most rewarding too. 
 Who has changed Sheldon the most? Amy. Because only she was able to move his heart too, not his mind only. And Amy will understand she caused the change in the man who never would have changed without her. She will see that her forbearing love really was worth of it and life changing for him and she will reap the harvest of the plants of love that she had been planting in him.

• Like 1

Coddammit where is the blue thing when you need it??? *flips lab table*

Seriously though, I get you. I'm kind of tempted to do the same and not read taping reports until the first episode airs because I'm so swamped with work I shouldn't get distracted. But it's going to be tough. We'll see how I manage.

"Coddammit"? Love it!

• Like 1

I have three actually...

1. Sheldon saying "I love you" and Amy replying with "I know" like in Star Wars. But it will be all cute and adorable because there would be a look of exchange between them where they both truly know she is saying it back.

2. Amy teaches Sheldon to drive.

3. Amy and Sheldon dress up as Jack and Sally from The Nightmare before Christmas.

That is all. Thank you and goodnight.

FYI: Actually, there is a story out there which shows #2.

Also, I love the #1 idea. That would be epic!

A little summertime fun trivia. Put these to your favorite time order, how do you see these events will happen in the future for Shamy. Which will come first from Sheldon to Amy, and what last?

a) "Amy, will you marry me?" b.)  "I love you" c) a hug initiated by him d) a kiss initiated by him e) smooching/spooning/making out  f) first time coitus (initiated by him or Amy)

Do you see Amy could propose Sheldon first, say "I love you" or initiate coitus (directly and sober, not drunk) first before him? If so, why? What would be an unexpected, but positive turn of events for Shamy for season 7?  Have fun. :)

C

D

E

B

F

A

• Like 1

I think #1 would be awesome because it could become a new tease, with Amy this time never saying ILY after that "I know", until God knows when in the series. It would be a great turn of the tables. 

• Like 1