The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

MJistheBOMB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC3Vl-AnJIY

I have watched this scene several times. I have always paid attention to what was being said and how clueless Sheldon is. Of course, it's hilarious. When I saw it today, however, I couldn't stop focusing the looks Sheldon gives Amy after she pulls him off to the side to "talk." He totally misses her sarcasm, but the eye coitus he's sending her is Def Con 2 level intimacy.

Pretty. Hot. Stuff.

Edited by Misophonia
  • Like 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC3Vl-AnJIY

I have watched this scene several times. I have always paid attention to what was being said and how clueless Sheldon is. Of course, it's hilarious. When I saw it today, however, I couldn't stop focusing the looks Sheldon gives Amy after she pulls him off to the side to "talk." He totally misses her sarcasm, but the eye coitus he's sending her is Def Con 2 level intimacy.

Pretty. Hot. Stuff.

Yeah I noticed it too... so hot, how he looked at her how he smiles to her when he said "Could you? That would solve everything. You are the best". I’ll see you at dinner tonight? and after when Amy said:"You sure you wouldn’t rather have dinner with your friend Wil Wheaton?" how he looked at her, with such intense and after his:"Come to think of it, I would! You, little lady, are on fire."his gaze at her and he wiggled his eyebrows, and his facial expression... it was so hot and intense... wow, he missed her sarcasm, and he was acting like jerk... but that moment about which you said is so hot....

Edited by silverangel
  • Like 1

I cannot stand Mickey Mouse. (Go ahead, flame me).

Another commonality, Koops. I always hated Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy - and don't even get me started on Goofy. I do love Disney and Disney World, but Mickey never did anything for me as an animation or character. Then again, neither did Winnie the Pooh, who I disliked even more than Mickey. What child dislikes both Pooh and Mickey? Me, apparently.

If they wanted a good main character, why not Tigger? At least he was fun! Like the Cat in the Hat; I always favored the Dr. Seuss books.

Edited by Lionne
  • Like 2

Another commonality, Koops. I always hated Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy - and don't even get me started on Goofy. I do love Disney and Disney World, but Mickey never did anything for me as an animation or character. Then again, neither did Winnie the Pooh, who I disliked even more than Mickey. What child dislikes both Pooh and Mickey? Me, apparently.

If they wanted a good main character, why not Tigger? At least he was fun! Like the Cat in the Hat; I always favored the Dr. Seuss books.

The Cat in the Hat always gave me the creeps. Plus, he always causes a mess wherever he goes. But I totes agree on the Pooh. What is so exciting about a bear who can't stop gorging on honey? That whole clan of characters is just one mental asylum that happens to be in a forest. Yay! Let's read it to the kids!

http://knowledgeguild.wordpress.com/2012/10/13/the-mental-disorders-of-winnie-the-pooh-characters/

300px-Winnie_the_Pooh_Television.jpg

Edited by Misophonia

Seuss is genius, agreed!

Heartbreaking to see the Disneyfied Pooh. The books are brilliant, as are the original illustrations. So cleverly written, I enjoyed them more than the kids!

I actually love love Scrooge. And Donald to a lesser extent. But I hate all the others. The only Disney characters I actually like are the ones from animated movies (but I hate all the princesses). And I agree about Winnie the Pooh. But then again, I grew up mostly on Japanese anime. You cannot beat Japanese anime.

eta: To bring the thread back on topic, I am not pleased with the latest news about the season opening, at all. So, for those who don't want to read rants, look away now.

Molaro:  In Leonard's absence, Penny [Kaley Cuoco] and Sheldon [Jim Parsons] become closer. Early on, we'll see Bernadette and Amy [Mayim Bialik] spend some time alone without Penny and take a little trip together. Kooth [Kunal Nayyar] can speak to women without alcohol now, so we're poking at that.

Now, before anyone jumps at me with "But what's wrong with Sheldon and Penny getting closer?", I'll answer that question: nothing at all. I think it's reasonable, although not humorous in the slightest, and I like them to appreciate each other more as friends.

HOWEVER, this whole setup that is pretty much cutting Amy out of the picture for the summer is totally unbelievable. How on Earth is it possible that 1) after having D&D sex, things are just back to normal between them, especially when Sheldon is all alone all summer, and instead he becomes closer with Penny? and 2) I hope the A/B trip happens after Leonard's return because it would just make NO sense that while Penny is alone, her two friends go off on a trip on their own without their respective boyfriend and husband. That just sounds so much like an excuse to leave Penny and Sheldon alone if I ever read of one. I cannot believe that they didn't stop for a moment and think "Hang on, Sheldon is alone all summer, surely Amy would be there for him?". It sounds like Amy is pretty much like one of the group, who just happens to hang out with Sheldon on occasion! And not only they don't even consider she is Sheldon's girlfriend, but she is Penny's best friend! How could she not be there to help her cope???

Secondly, it seems like the writers think the only way to keep the relationship interesting is to keep Shamy apart and Sheldon dragging his feet for as long as humanly possible and give a nugget here and there. I don't think I appreciate that concept of slow progress. Like I said, I'm going to be seriously annoyed if we don't see some MAJOR progress in the arena of minor physical contact by November. After 3 years it's just completely ridiculous. They progressed more in the first year of their acquaintance/relationship than in the rest of the years combined. And it's not even just about physical contact, but emotional closeness. That's possibly the part I'm missing the most. It's like... it's fine if Sheldon grows emotionally and becomes closer to everyone else AS LONG as it's not with Amy. It's ridiculous. 

It just seems to me like the D&D sex is just one of those big end-of-season moments that they use to keep fans quiet and then take it all back and ignore it when the season begins. Because that's essentially what happened with the handhold. It went from "Sheldon is starting to reach out to her and we're all bawling on the floor about it" to "Sheldon is an immovable object" in the span of one summer to "Pawing at me like a bear" by the end of the season.

And then they get this kind of questions from journalists which just puzzles me as to whether they are just kissing the writers' a-s-s.

Sheldon and Amy went a lot further in their relationship than I think anyone was expecting last season, thanks to that Dungeons and Dragons episode. Is it going to keep chugging along as it has been?   

I don't know what show these people were watching but they went nowhere near as far as I was expecting them to. A whole year without one single kiss (even an Amy-initiated peck) is totally ridiculous. It's like these people don't even realize how much more progress they had made in S4 and 5.

It just seems like they don't have ONE single idea about what to do with Shamy that isn't same-old, same-old. It's incredibly disheartening for me to read.

And I'm out. Sorry to bum you all on a Saturday morning, but I needed to get that out there.

Edited by koops
  • Like 7

I actually love love Scrooge. And Donald to a lesser extent. But I hate all the others. The only Disney characters I actually like are the ones from animated movies (but I hate all the princesses). And I agree about Winnie the Pooh. But then again, I grew up mostly on Japanese anime. You cannot beat Japanese anime.

eta: To bring the thread back on topic, I am not pleased with the latest news about the season opening, at all. So, for those who don't want to read rants, look away now.

Now, before anyone jumps at me with "But what's wrong with Sheldon and Penny getting closer?", I'll answer that question: nothing at all. I think it's reasonable, although not humorous in the slightest, and I like them to appreciate each other more as friends.

HOWEVER, this whole setup that is pretty much cutting Amy out of the picture for the summer is totally unbelievable. How on Earth is it possible that 1) after having D&D sex, things are just back to normal between them, especially when Sheldon is all alone all summer, and instead he becomes closer with Penny? and 2) I hope the A/B trip happens after Leonard's return because it would just make NO sense that while Penny is alone, her two friends go off on a trip on their own without their respective boyfriend and husband. That just sounds so much like an excuse to leave Penny and Sheldon alone if I ever read of one. I cannot believe that they didn't stop for a moment and think "Hang on, Sheldon is alone all summer, surely Amy would be there for him?". It sounds like Amy is pretty much like one of the group, who just happens to hang out with Sheldon on occasion! And not only they don't even consider she is Sheldon's girlfriend, but she is Penny's best friend! How could she not be there to help her cope???

Secondly, it seems like the writers think the only way to keep the relationship interesting is to keep Shamy apart and Sheldon dragging his feet for as long as humanly possible and give a nugget here and there. I don't think I appreciate that concept of slow progress. Like I said, I'm going to be seriously annoyed if we don't see some MAJOR progress in the arena of minor physical contact by November. After 3 years it's just completely ridiculous. They progressed more in the first year of their acquaintance/relationship than in the rest of the years combined. And it's not even just about physical contact, but emotional closeness. That's possibly the part I'm missing the most. It's like... it's fine if Sheldon grows emotionally and becomes closer to everyone else AS LONG as it's not with Amy. It's ridiculous. 

It just seems to me like the D&D sex is just one of those big end-of-season moments that they use to keep fans quiet and then take it all back and ignore it when the season begins. Because that's essentially what happened with the handhold. It went from "Sheldon is starting to reach out to her and we're all bawling on the floor about it" to "Sheldon is an immovable object" in the span of one summer to "Pawing at me like a bear" by the end of the season.

And then they get this kind of questions from journalists which just puzzles me as to whether they are just kissing the writers' a-s-s.

I don't know what show these people were watching but they went nowhere near as far as I was expecting them to. A whole year without one single kiss (even an Amy-initiated peck) is totally ridiculous. It's like these people don't even realize how much more progress they had made in S4 and 5.

It just seems like they don't have ONE single idea about what to do with Shamy that isn't same-old, same-old. It's incredibly disheartening for me to read.

And I'm out. Sorry to bum you all on a Saturday morning, but I needed to get that out there.

THIS^^^^^^^^^ AMEN TO THAT.... YOU JUST WROTE EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT, AND DESCRIBED MY WORRIES....I just can't stand that snail pace of their relationship, three years and not even a kiss....  this is mockery, and I can't believe that they don't want him to show her more affection, more feelings, more admiration.... and what the hell with that Sheldon and Penny geting closer... in friendship yeah be my guest but this is Amy who should be there for him, support him, take care for him. And this is so insane that Sheldon will be alone in his apartment, and they will not do anything about it... it makes me furious... and I don't like that they don't have some major plans toward Amy. I don't want her to be second plan, that they are more focus on Lenny, and Shamy is not so important... I'm sorry for black clouds... It makes me worry so much...I'm sorry....

Actually, if you notice, Molaro has said even less about Lenny than Shamy so far. It just sounds like they have no plans for either couple and Leonard going away was never about Leonard, L/P or S/A. 

Edited by koops

I'm sorry to go off the topic: I didn't know who Dr. Seuss was until I was pretty old. I wasn't fan of Disney's Winnie the Pooh or even Mickey/Minnie. But Donald Duck and the rest of the Duckburg ducks were huge part of my life. And then I went to Wikipedia and I saw this: "--Finnish people recognize an aspect of themselves in Donald--" LOL, I was like that explains everything. : P

Carry on.

Edited by Isadora

Is  this  this picture... yes it  remind me combination of tiara kiss and V-day hug...

tumblr_lnr34ewscG1qlhec2o1_500.jpg

Yes, that's the one.

As for Mickey and Minnie, I was never much of a fan, either, but I still appreciate the parallel in this picture.

Yes, that's the one.

As for Mickey and Minnie, I was never much of a fan, either, but I still appreciate the parallel in this picture.

Yeah me to...Mickey have annoying voice...but I posted this picutre because you said you can't post it here and  it remainds you tiara kiss and v-day hug.. I thought about it too when I saw this picture.. but Disney...I'm not a fan....but yeah picture is sweet... 

Koops, I don't know that the handful of ideas that Molaro mentioned in that short answer to be question is any real indicator of exactly how they're going to open the season, or what the overall focus is going to be. I also don't think that Penny and Sheldon getting closer because of Leonard's absence means that Amy won't be involved in that scenario in some way.

I think that what Molaro was looking at in that comment was the idea of Leonard being gone, not at the big plan for the whole season, or even exactly what the others will be doing with Leonard being gone. I think he was simply looking at what effect his absence will have on the two people closest to him.

It also seems to me that he was simply mentioning some of the story ideas that they've been kicking around, much the same way we sit around and talk about the kinds of stories we'd like to see, or fanfic plot bunnies--"what if Amy and Bernie were to take a trip together without Penny there as a buffer" or whatever.

As for the S5 finale handhold, I seem to remember Molaro or Prady or Lorre saying something about how that wasn't going to suddenly change things between S&A in that regard. I got the impression that it was completely unconscious on Sheldon's part and not meant to be a manifestation of love or physical affection. But simply a moment of need for human contact at such an overwhelming experience--much the way Howard and Bernie held hands, not out of love for each other, but out of need for someone/something to hold onto.

I don't plan to worry until I see how it starts to play out.

So that means Sheldon would have grabbed anybody's hand in that moment because it wasn't about Amy but about wanting comfort? Well, that kind of ruins the handhold for me. Maybe I read too much into it for a year +. I also fail to see how the writers would consider that a moment they bawl on the floor for hours for, if it was just about comfort. They seemed to make a point that it was a milestone for Sheldon, and touching someone per-se isn't a milestone since he's hugged people before. It seemed to me it was very specific to Amy, as evidenced by her reaction to it. 

I also don't think expecting some progress on that front over a year later means "suddenly" changing things. Not only there has been NO progress with regards to handholding, they have written in a pretty nasty line to underline how, if anything, Sheldon is just as adverse to handholding as he ever was, if not more. That is moving backwards, not forward. 

As for the premiere: well, Molaro said Leonard will be back pretty quickly, which means probably ep 2 or 3 at most. I doubt they'll have a lot of time to explore his absence other than the premiere. And it seems like they are pretty set on S/P for that, it's been mentioned more than once over the summer. It's also not surprising given the tone of the finale, where it was, again, all about S/P, even more than Lenny, to be honest. The repercussions of Leonard's departure in terms of Lenny were barely acknowledged and Amy was deliberately kept out of the picture in that context too.  I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but the whole S/P scenario has been going around for months now, so I doubt there'll be any major changes.

The A/B trip could very well be in another episode though. I was saying there could be a bunch of interesting scenarios for that.

1) L/P go on a romantic weekend together after his return and A/B are like "screw it! we'll have ours too!" (In which case though, it would have been hilarious to have them go with H/S and have Sheldon drive Howard nuts and viceversa all weekend).

2) It's a way to leave Penny alone with the boys again after so many years and show how miserable everyone is now in A/B's absence. THAT would be a fantastic scenario, imo. Such a jab to A/B's haters too. 

• Like 2

Hello. I am very sorry to barge in at a very unexpected moment and that it may be unwelcomed but I just wanted to vent out that why are people so focused on being disappointed about Molaro mentioning Sheldon and Penny being closer? Some people wished friendship moments like for Amy and Howard to be friends. Isn't that kind of the same thing? Or are some of you a bit scared about shenny thoughts again? Or even if that wasn't the case, I have a feeling some people are have already set in their minds that Leonard leaving for the North Sea is supposed to be shamy related or an opportunity for the couple. I know there's nothing wrong with it, it IS a great idea but this isn't our show and we don't write for it. All we have is hope that they try to make the best of our favorite show. We are all passionate fans but don't we have lines to not cross? And petitioning that Molaro to be out is the most ridiculous thing, something that Shenny shippers used to do. I am saying this because, hey did not the idea came from here? Funny though, one of the persons who suggested it has posted a comment berating that the petition idea is ridiculous. Kind of hypocritical, isn't it?

Edited by rubyanjel
  • Like 1

This whole petition idea is not just rude, it's just idiotic, I'm sorry. It's a tv show, not politics. The writers aren't here to "serve the fans" and they're not making decisions about OUR lives. I also don't understand how whoever came up with the idea doesn't realize that, if anything, it's just going to backfire like crazy and make people who like Amy/Shamy look like rabid nutcases like some of those Shennys who used to insult Bill and Mayim when Amy came on the show. 

• Like 1

Hello. I am very sorry to barge in at a very unexpected moment and that it may be unwelcomed but I just wanted to vent out that why are people so focused on being disappointed about Molaro mentioning Sheldon and Penny being closer? Some people wished friendship moments like for Amy and Howard to be friends. Isn't that kind of the same thing? Or are some of you a bit scared about shenny thoughts again? Or even if that wasn't the case, I have a feeling some people are have already set in their minds that Leonard leaving for the North Sea is supposed to be shamy related or an opportunity for the couple. I know there's nothing wrong with it, it IS a great idea but this isn't our show and we don't write for it. All we have is hope that they try to make the best of our favorite show. We are all passionate fans but don't we have lines to not cross? And petitioning that Molaro to be out is the most ridiculous thing, something that Shenny shippers used to do. I am saying this because, hey did not the idea came from here? Funny though, one of the persons who suggested it has posted a comment berating that the petition idea is ridiculous. Kind of hypocritical, isn't it?

This is so ridiculous...and so rude, and it is meddling in the affairs, in which nobody should not get involved and make mess. We can have wishes what we want to see in season 7, we can speculate and have discussions about it, we can so tired about that snail pace in their relationship, toooo slooooow...  and it makes us so angry(or not..) ... but this....petition to kick Molaro  out.... this is so ... I can't wrap my mind around it...Nor we neither anybody else from forum have impact on what they will write, we just can't do anything about it....

Edited by silverangel