The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

I've been re-watching Fish Guts, and it really bums me that every time people are given the chance to interview/ask questions to the writers about this episode, it all comes down to the spanking, when I think the most interesting thing is how they set up the whole care-taking business in the first place, specifically the bit when Sheldon turns around in the hallway (possibly my favorite Sheldon moment this year). It would have been very easy (and predictable) to set up the episode so that Sheldon was forced to take care of her because she pulled out some clause of the RA that he could not argue against, but they specifically decided to have Amy give up on it right away and Sheldon be the one who changes his mind and turns back to take care of her. That was very deliberate, it was like neon-signs on "See? He is doing it because he wants to, not because he has to" (although some people still choose to ignore that). I would love to hear what the thought process behind that scene was and whether the connection to 6x14 was already in their minds or something they linked with later on. Damn, I wish I were a journalist some times.

• Like 2

Personally I didn't have a problem with the spanking scene.  I didn't particularly enjoy it but it didn't bother me either.   As for the episode as a whole, I liked it, and I liked that Sheldon was willing to leave his comfort zone in order to help Amy.   I think that it showed that he discovered that he has stronger feelings for Amy then he himself knew at the time.   I saw it as another step in him and Amy actually getting together as a couple in a romantic relationship.

What I liked about fish guts was when Sheldon told Amy he knew she'd been lying they had a very mature discussion about it. I think the spanking was very funny but the fact he actually wanted to take care of her says a lot about him

• Like 1

The whole thing about the spanking irritates me. I didn't think it sat comfortably with the episode - like a brick in a salad.

I've been finding that a lot with Season 6. It has the odd moment, but there are a lot of... clumsy jokes and scenes. I thought the end of The Parking Spot Escalation when Sheldon was asking to get his spot cleaned was too long and awkward.

Rant over.

Yes the parking spot should of ended with the restaurant scene, the end bit was unnecessary imo

• Like 1

I'm personally tired of talking about the spanking scene. I laughed like an idiot when it happened, and it still makes me laugh when I see it. I appreciate the comedy. 

• Like 5

I'm personally tired of talking about the spanking scene. I laughed like an idiot when it happened, and it still makes me laugh when I see it. I appreciate the comedy.

Totally agree. My husband and I died laughing during that scene!

• Like 5

So CBS just announced that the premier will be an hour long show! Now I really want a taping report >_<

The way I understand it, it's not an hour-long episode, but rather that on the premier night they will show two episodes, back-to-back, to take up an hour.

I missed the S5 premiere, but someone said they did that for S5 as well.

So, it would still be 2 separate taping dates, but when it comes to airdate, they'll show the first 2 episodes that same night.

Still, it's fun news! :)

• Like 1

So that means Sheldon would have grabbed anybody's hand in that moment because it wasn't about Amy but about wanting comfort? Well, that kind of ruins the handhold for me. Maybe I read too much into it for a year +. I also fail to see how the writers would consider that a moment they bawl on the floor for hours for, if it was just about comfort. They seemed to make a point that it was a milestone for Sheldon, and touching someone per-se isn't a milestone since he's hugged people before. It seemed to me it was very specific to Amy, as evidenced by her reaction to it.

I don't think it means that he would have grabbed just anyone's hand, but I think it means that he didn't grab her hand out of love or physical affection, etc., but that grabbing her hand was an anchoring moment (not a "love" moment.)

I think what made the writers' room all sappy and emotional was the whole scene, not just Sheldon and Amy, but that each pair was so moved that they each demonstrated that overwhelmed emotion, both for themselves as individuals and for the awsomeness of the occasion.  It was sweet and emotional, but Sheldon wasn't holding Amy's hand because all of a sudden he wanted to demonstrate physical affection.

I also don't think expecting some progress on that front over a year later means "suddenly" changing things. Not only there has been NO progress with regards to handholding, they have written in a pretty nasty line to underline how, if anything, Sheldon is just as adverse to handholding as he ever was, if not more. That is moving backwards, not forward. 

Well, as I said, I think I remember Prady or whoever saying that that one handholding moment wasn't going to mean that they were going to be holding hands all the time or that it was that kind of milestone.  More like it was a rare moment (like Sheldon's hugging moments) of being overwhelmed.  I'm just saying what I remember being said--I think it was at Comic Con, so perhaps there's footage out there somewhere.

As for the premiere: well, Molaro said Leonard will be back pretty quickly, which means probably ep 2 or 3 at most. I doubt they'll have a lot of time to explore his absence other than the premiere. And it seems like they are pretty set on S/P for that, it's been mentioned more than once over the summer. It's also not surprising given the tone of the finale, where it was, again, all about S/P, even more than Lenny, to be honest. The repercussions of Leonard's departure in terms of Lenny were barely acknowledged and Amy was deliberately kept out of the picture in that context too.  I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but the whole S/P scenario has been going around for months now, so I doubt there'll be any major changes.

I don't know that we really know how quickly Leonard will be back, but I can't imagine it will be more than 3 episodes, which is about how long Howard was gone.  I know they said something about the length of his trip being referred to in sort of "real time", as in his expedition will supposed to have taken 3 months.

If they do decide to focus on how it affects Sheldon and Penny, I think that's kind of logical, since they're the two most involved in his life and most affected by his presence and absence.  I don't know that it has to have anything to do with Sheldon and Amy, necessarily, but there's nothing to say that we won't also see an aspect of how it ends up also affecting the Shamy.  It may not be as positive as some people have been talking about (I'm sure she won't be moving in or sleeping in Leonard's room to keep him company, etc.), but if he and Penny get closer or become sick of each other, it could well have an affect on Amy and/or the Shamy.

If Sheldon were to get more clingy and dependent upon Penny, for instance, they could show that it makes Amy jealous, of both Penny and Sheldon--Sheldon is her boyfriend and Penny is her bestie, and if they're both paying more attention to each other out of lonlieness, Amy could fell left out.  That could be an important factor in the long run, or just a funny moment in the short run.

Or if Sheldon and Penny start driving each other crazy because Leonard isn't there to be a buffer, maybe Amy could end up getting caught in the middle of it.

Though they haven't mentioned Amy's role in what happens between Sheldon and Penny, that doesn't mean that they might not use her as a way to show how the two of them are affected.  Even so, whether or not they use her as a comedic foil to show what's happening to S&P, it's only for a few episodes and doesn't mean that it's going to define the whole season or hamper any further development of the Shamy.

The A/B trip could very well be in another episode though. I was saying there could be a bunch of interesting scenarios for that.

1) L/P go on a romantic weekend together after his return and A/B are like "screw it! we'll have ours too!" (In which case though, it would have been hilarious to have them go with H/S and have Sheldon drive Howard nuts and viceversa all weekend).

2) It's a way to leave Penny alone with the boys again after so many years and show how miserable everyone is now in A/B's absence. THAT would be a fantastic scenario, imo. Such a jab to A/B's haters too. 

I don't know that there's any way to tell exactly what Molaro has in mind for the A/B outing--it may or may not have anything to do with Leonard's return and could simply be another story idea they've been brainstorming, just as they had wanted to do something with the mothers last season.  While that didn't come to fruition, just because they mentioned it at ComicCon didn't mean that they intended to do it in the first handful of episodes.

Now, that plan didn't happen most likely because of actor availabilty problems, but who knows if they even came up with a full-fledged story idea for it.

With the A/B trip, they don't have to worry about availability and once they know how such a thing would take place, they can put it anywhere in the season for whatever reason.  It could take place while L is at sea, or it could take place later in the season for any reason.

Edited by phantagrae

Hello. I am very sorry to barge in at a very unexpected moment and that it may be unwelcomed but I just wanted to vent out that why are people so focused on being disappointed about Molaro mentioning Sheldon and Penny being closer? Some people wished friendship moments like for Amy and Howard to be friends. Isn't that kind of the same thing? Or are some of you a bit scared about shenny thoughts again? Or even if that wasn't the case, I have a feeling some people are have already set in their minds that Leonard leaving for the North Sea is supposed to be shamy related or an opportunity for the couple. I know there's nothing wrong with it, it IS a great idea but this isn't our show and we don't write for it. All we have is hope that they try to make the best of our favorite show. We are all passionate fans but don't we have lines to not cross? And petitioning that Molaro to be out is the most ridiculous thing, something that Shenny shippers used to do. I am saying this because, hey did not the idea came from here? Funny though, one of the persons who suggested it has posted a comment berating that the petition idea is ridiculous. Kind of hypocritical, isn't it?

Where did you hear that there was a petition against Molaro?  I hadn't heard that, but I'm not really in on that much.  I really only come here and FanForum, so...

I think any kind of petition to try to manhandle a TV show is just ridiculous.  If fans want to "vote", they can "vote" with their remotes.  It's a little ridiculous to think that fans can just take over a TV show and think that they know how to run things.

This reminds me not only of how some people reacted to Mayim joining the show, but how rude people were about the actress who played Lucy.  People were posting in various places that she was ugly, couldn't act, etc.  I think someone might even have comment on Prady's twitter that he should get rid of her, or whatever.  Sheesh.

I always objected to the idea that everything people didn't like about this season was all because Molaro was some kind of newbie who didn't know how to run a show, etc.  Everyone kept blaming Molaro for this or that and saying that Prady needed to take the reins back before Molaro ruined the show.  They seemed to forget that not only was Molaro not a newbie to the TV industry in general, but that he's been onboard at BBT since the beginning and that Prady and Lorre picked him because they trusted him.  If they didn't trust him, or thought that he was somehow "ruining" the show, they certainly could have stepped in, etc.

I think that they know more about what they want and what kind of job they feel Molaro is doing than some schmoe exec-producing from his armchair somewhere.

While there are always things to regret or lament or gripe about, this idea that fans can just start a petition and try to rule the show is both ridiculous and ignorant.  I mean, what do you do, petition against every storyline, actor, producer, writer, etc, that doesn't strike your fancy?  I think that some people let the internet go to their heads!

I sincerely hope that whoever started this petition idea wasn't anyone from here or FF.  There's no controlling the Wild West that is the internet when it comes to online fandom--people will say whatever they want and make all kinds of assumptions, etc.

• Like 2

I don't know that there's any way to tell exactly what Molaro has in mind for the A/B outing--it may or may not have anything to do with Leonard's return and could simply be another story idea they've been brainstorming, just as they had wanted to do something with the mothers last season.  While that didn't come to fruition, just because they mentioned it at ComicCon didn't mean that they intended to do it in the first handful of episodes.

Now, that plan didn't happen most likely because of actor availabilty problems, but who knows if they even came up with a full-fledged story idea for it.

With the A/B trip, they don't have to worry about availability and once they know how such a thing would take place, they can put it anywhere in the season for whatever reason.  It could take place while L is at sea, or it could take place later in the season for any reason.

I think it's going to be in the very first few eps because Molaro said "Early on". So it sounds like it's a pretty consolidated plot already.

Well read and weep....this is not very promising at all from what I am reading:  http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-boss-previews-594416

It is very clear to me that Molaro is  HUGE Penny fan and is throwing her with Sheldon as much as he can.   While he claims it isn't anything romantic, it clearly is keeping airtime away from Shamy and based on his comments about Shamy it is clear that their progress is not what I think we are hoping for.  It is clear that they are going to be very back-burner based on what I am reading here.

I just read that article, and I am proud to say: I informed you thusly.

I KNEW IT that the trip was an excuse to keep Amy out of the picture so Sheldon and Penny are left alone. The whole Leonard trip seems like it was engineered precisely to be an excuse to leave them alone, with Amy out of the picture as much as possible too, doing stuff with Raj. And I'm not sure I want to know what that "stuff that happens" at the hotel bar is to be quite honest with you. It is very disturbing that there's a "probably not" in answer to Shenny (although the whole mother-figure/big sister thing is something we all agree upon). And to be honest, it doesn't even seem to me like Molaro really is thinking of Shamy as a proper relationship, if there is no mention of Sheldon relying on his own girlfriend for comfort during Leonard's absence, but instead they say "we don't hit that too hard" with regards to Amy being jealous of Penny. This sounds like a pretty crappy scenario, if you ask me. It seems pretty obvious that they've decided Shamy is not a priority at all or they want to milk it as much as possible knowing that they are going for 10 seasons and are putting as many artificial brakes as possible on it. Letting the characters go where they want to go my a-s-s. 

Oh, and I forgot to say the usual: "she pulls him, he resists, we'll see how far she can get him to go". To be honest these statements are taking more and more of the charm out of this relationship for me. 

Edited by koops
  • Like 6

I KNEW IT that the trip was an excuse to keep Amy out of the picture so Sheldon and Penny are left alone. The whole Leonard trip seems like it was engineered precisely to be an excuse to leave them alone, with Amy out of the picture as much as possible too, doing stuff with Raj. And I'm not sure I want to know what that "stuff that happens" at the hotel bar is to be quite honest with you. It is very disturbing that there's a "probably not" in answer to Shenny (although the whole mother-figure/big sister thing is something we all agree upon). And to be honest, it doesn't even seem to me like Molaro really is thinking of Shamy as a proper relationship, if there is no mention of Sheldon relying on his own girlfriend for comfort during Leonard's absence, but instead they say "we don't hit that too hard" with regards to Amy being jealous of Penny. This sounds like a pretty crappy scenario, if you ask me. It seems pretty obvious that they've decided Shamy is not a priority at all or they want to milk it as much as possible knowing that they are going for 10 seasons and are putting as many artificial brakes as possible on it. Letting the characters go where they want to go my a-s-s.

I really feel that this made a decision for me.  I was going to watch S7 to give it another chance, but after reading this drivel, I think they may have lost me as a viewer. I  can't stomach another year of Shamy relegated to back-burner and them toying with fans and trying to faction them so.  I also don't like what they are doing with Amy at all.   I had high hopes that they would give her some good story, but it sounds like it is just an excuse to get her away from Sheldon and that sucks.  Also it sounds like he still plans on the one step forward three steps back approach as he says Sheldon won't budge.   That is not what fans are wanting.  Why did they ever bother to start Shamy if they are not going to do good by them?   It really sickens me. :icon_evil: :icon_evil: :icon_evil::icon_cry:

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

Well read and weep....this is not very promising at all from what I am reading:  http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-bang-theory-boss-previews-594416

It is very clear to me that Molaro is  HUGE Penny fan and is throwing her with Sheldon as much as he can.   While he claims it isn't anything romantic, it clearly is keeping airtime away from Shamy and based on his comments about Shamy it is clear that their progress is not what I think we are hoping for.  It is clear that they are going to be very back-burner based on what I am reading here.

I don't know why reading this made me a little confused (and sort of amused). Molaro makes it sound like Sheldon and Penny are the ones with what sounds like the real romantic relationship. With Penny having a 'special spot' in Sheldon's heart and Penny loving Sheldon deeply or whatever and it just sounded like Amy was the unimportant figure pushing him towards something with no feelings involved whatsoever. I know Molaro said it wouldn't happen but when someone says "probably not." It sounds sorta like they're disappointed about it not happening xD. And he loves that people want Sheldon and Penny to get together? Really? These fans that have harassed Bill to no end? If I were writing something I'd be unhappy that fans were pulling for a non-canon couple since I knew for sure it would never happen and I would end up disappointing them. It would also indicate to me that the couple I had originally created wasn't good enough, that's what confuses me. I totally get why all of this can be cause for anger and exasperation.

Honestly though, just learning about the first few episodes doesn't mean it's the end of the road for shamy for the rest of the season. Sheldon and Penny will get closer briefly and the writers are idiots if they give even the slightest romantic drops of shenny (despite the weird hints of it's plausibility Molaro seems to be giving) since they know it will pretty much tear their fanbase apart. The producers have always been talking about this paradox crap but in reality most of the big steps they've taken have been due to Sheldon's willingness and growing feelings for Amy. There are so many writers on this show with so many different ideas so what the producers say is not going to be the be all and end all of what will take place. They never plan anything for these guys, so their initial word about how it's going to progress is never as strong as it would be if they'd already had the whole of season 7 shamy down on paper. 

As I said before, it's easy to get annoyed, I'm pretty peeved at the ideas going around in their heads for season 7. But uncertainty lies ahead, there's at least a further 20 episodes of mystery and unexpected progress so lets get through this together like we always have. We'll bitch about things like this but we'll also laugh at some of the desperation and delusion for the non-canon and squeal without shame about unexpected and exciting future shamy breakthroughs in the taping reports. I had the time of my life here when I joined last year and I'm really looking forward to being with you guys again for the second year :D.

• Like 5

I just read the article and i can't find the words to describe how i feel right now,although sick to the stomach comes close.I can hardly believe some of the things Molaro has said.The fact that his answer to the question of a Sheldon/Penny romance was"probably not"left me staring at my computer screen in total disbelief.And the whole Amy dragging Sheldon along in their relationship makes me question the whole point of 'The Love Spell' episode.I mean why bother?Molaro may as well break Shamy up and be done with it.

The way i feel right now i will not be watching season 7 :icon_cry: although i know how great you guys are and are often the voice of reason so i'm hoping after reading some of your thoughts i will feel it is worth hanging in there :)

• Like 1

Oh, and I forgot to say the usual: "she pulls him, he resists, we'll see how far she can get him to go". To be honest these statements are taking more and more of the charm out of this relationship for me. 

Koops: I have to come clean before i say what I'm about to say: I am a Lenny shipper, and NOT a Shamy shipper BUT I agree with EVERYTHING you say, and if I were a Shamy shipper I'd be pretty pissed. Wait! actually as a fan of the show, I wont say that I am pissed, but I'd much rather see Amy and Sheldon interacting than Sheldon and Penny. DOn't get me wrong, I enjoy their interactions but in small doses. I get the big sister/mother dynamic between P and S but to do it at the expense of Amy doesn't seem right.

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 7

Koops: I have to come clean before i say what I'm about to say: I am a Lenny shipper, and NOT a Shamy shipper BUT I agree with EVERYTHING you say, and if I were a Shamy shipper I'd be pretty pissed. Wait! actually as a fan of the show, I wont say that I am pissed, but I'd much rather see Amy and Sheldon interacting than Sheldon and Penny. DOn't get me wrong, I enjoy their interactions but in small doses. I get the big sister/mother dynamic between P and S but to do it at the expense of Amy doesn't seem right.

Amen!  I like it in small doses, but not in my face every week

• Like 2

I would have wanted to see Amy coping with Sheldon and Penny coping without Leonard. She's such a crucial figure in the lives of both Sheldon and Penny, I have no idea how that did not even cross the writers' mind. I mean. Whoa.

• Like 1

Okay, where do you get the idea that Amy will be doing stuff with Raj?  When Molaro says "Things happen" at the hotel bar, he's talking about Amy and Bernadette on their science conference in Sacramento, not anything about Raj.

The only mention about Raj is that he's going to be trying to meet a new woman.

Although I'm not very happy about the "pulling...resisting" approach to the Shamy, I'm not really scared by most of this--and most of this interview is kind of old information, from ComicCon.

I don't think Molaro is trying to hook Penny up with Sheldon.  He very clearly states the "big sister" aspect of Penny's feelings toward Sheldon and I think he is just emphasizing the "love between all seven characters", and maybe making Penny/Sheldon less antagonistic.

I think it means that Leonard's maybe going to be happier on the boat than one might think--not necessarily pining away for Penny because he's excited to be out there on the expedition.

It seems to me that Molaro is saying that we'll see Leonard on the ship in the first episode--that he's "having a really good time on that boat".

I do think he's a little soft on the shenny contingent (not saying "HELL NO!!" or anything) but he does clearly state that Penny is like a big sister or mother figure, and that Amy doesn't see her as a threat to the Shamy.  I don't think he intends to pair S&P up romantically.

My only question is why do we need to see them becoming closer?  It's not as if they've been at each other's throats lately or anything.  I still think it would have been funnier to see him driving her up the wall while Leonard's gone.

It seems to me a lot of what Molaro is talking about is certain things that happen in the first episode, and then some broad strokes for what they imagine they'll be doing this season, but it doesn't seem like there's going to be anything that different.  The article mentions "new pairings", but it seems to me that all that is referring to is Amy and Bernadette maybe finding more common ground, exploring their friendship without the Penny dynamic, and then Penny and Sheldon somehow bonding over Leonard's absence.  Otherwise, there doesn't seem to be much that's new.

In fish guts, Amy proposed a reasonable punishment, not seeing star trek 2 and Sheldon said that was too harsh and then proposed the spanking. That cracks me up all the time.

Okay, where do you get the idea that Amy will be doing stuff with Raj?  When Molaro says "Things happen" at the hotel bar, he's talking about Amy and Bernadette on their science conference in Sacramento, not anything about Raj.

The only mention about Raj is that he's going to be trying to meet a new woman.

Although I'm not very happy about the "pulling...resisting" approach to the Shamy, I'm not really scared by most of this--and most of this interview is kind of old information, from ComicCon.

I don't think Molaro is trying to hook Penny up with Sheldon.  He very clearly states the "big sister" aspect of Penny's feelings toward Sheldon and I think he is just emphasizing the "love between all seven characters", and maybe making Penny/Sheldon less antagonistic.

I think it means that Leonard's maybe going to be happier on the boat than one might think--not necessarily pining away for Penny because he's excited to be out there on the expedition.

It seems to me that Molaro is saying that we'll see Leonard on the ship in the first episode--that he's "having a really good time on that boat".

I do think he's a little soft on the shenny contingent (not saying "HELL NO!!" or anything) but he does clearly state that Penny is like a big sister or mother figure, and that Amy doesn't see her as a threat to the Shamy.  I don't think he intends to pair S&P up romantically.

My only question is why do we need to see them becoming closer?  It's not as if they've been at each other's throats lately or anything.  I still think it would have been funnier to see him driving her up the wall while Leonard's gone.

It seems to me a lot of what Molaro is talking about is certain things that happen in the first episode, and then some broad strokes for what they imagine they'll be doing this season, but it doesn't seem like there's going to be anything that different.  The article mentions "new pairings", but it seems to me that all that is referring to is Amy and Bernadette maybe finding more common ground, exploring their friendship without the Penny dynamic, and then Penny and Sheldon somehow bonding over Leonard's absence.  Otherwise, there doesn't seem to be much that's new.

The Raj stuff I was talking about was the finale, I just noticed that sentence is missing a part. What I was saying is that in both the finale and the premiere they are finding ways to keep Amy out of the picture. Which is kind of surprising, considering I've never seen a show keep one of their main couples apart in the finale and the premiere. 

• Like 1

Well read and weep....this is not very promising at all from what I am reading:  http://www.hollywood...previews-594416

I really feel that this made a decision for me.  I was going to watch S7 to give it another chance, but after reading this drivel, I think they may have lost me as a viewer. I  can't stomach another year of Shamy relegated to back-burner and them toying with fans and trying to faction them so.  I also don't like what they are doing with Amy at all.   I had high hopes that they would give her some good story, but it sounds like it is just an excuse to get her away from Sheldon and that sucks.  Also it sounds like he still plans on the one step forward three steps back approach as he says Sheldon won't budge.   That is not what fans are wanting.  Why did they ever bother to start Shamy if they are not going to do good by them?   It really sickens me.  :icon_evil:  :icon_evil:  :icon_evil:  :icon_cry:

I agree with you in every way.. it really makes me sad and I can't believe it.... I couldn't believe it when I read this, and it's makes me angry as hell

"They continue to move along very slowly. We listen to the characters and let them go where they want to go, but she's going to keep pulling him in some direction. And he will keep resisting it, and we'll see how far she can get him to go that we're all comfortable with."

:icon_evil:  :icon_evil:  :icon_cry:  :icon_cry:  

OMG and I cant understand why they even created  and dragged Sheldon and Amy relationship if they don't want to see any real progress, it's just  mockery... and that Penny and Sheldon together... friendship yes, but I don't like that mother figure... he is grown man... and he needs to be treaten like seriously grown man... not some "child" I have enough of this his "like child" behavior.. and yes small doses not on every thursday

... Amy you were wrong baby... it's the writers. who think that your relationship with Sheldon is a joke not your friends... omg I'm so sad now :icon_cry: ... but yes it will be such pleasure to be here with you next year...

Edited by silverangel