The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

I agree with you in every way.. it really makes me sad and I can't believe it.... I couldn't believe it when I read this, and it's makes me angry as hell

"They continue to move along very slowly. We listen to the characters and let them go where they want to go, but she's going to keep pulling him in some direction. And he will keep resisting it, and we'll see how far she can get him to go that we're all comfortable with."

:icon_evil:  :icon_evil:  :icon_cry:  :icon_cry:  

OMG and I cant understand why they even created  and dragged Sheldon and Amy relationship if they don't want to see any real progress, it's just  mockery... and that Penny and Sheldon together... friendship yes, but I don't like that mother figure... he is grown man... and he needs to be treaten like seriously grown man... not some "child" I have enough of this his "like child" behavior.. and yes small doses not on every thursday

... Amy you were wrong baby... it's the writers. who think that your relationship with Sheldon is a joke not your friends... omg I'm so sad now :icon_cry: ... but yes it will be such pleasure to be here with you next year...

I thnk they use the "big sister" or "mother" description to differentiate it from girlfriend-type of affection.  She loves him like a sister or mother, not like a girlfriend.

I've always seen Penny as something of a den mother to all of the guys, even Leonard, apart from their romantic relationship.  I think it was more apparent in the beginning of the show, but it's still true.  She's still a buffer between them and the outside world of "normal" people.

I think that's all they mean by the "big sister" and "mother" stuff.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Love Spell Potential Pictures (Just ones with Shamy in them)  

Before we bid adieu to this thread, I think we should take a moment to just gaze at how big this thread is. There are more posts in this thread than there are in Seasons 1-5 boards combined. This thre

I am dying here. What I would not give for a bone saw so I could cut your skulls open and get a good gander at how your brains work!   Only in Shamy shipper land could "Leonard gets a job offer over

Posted Images

Guest DroneInTheSun

It's funny because when I say that Molaro doesn't get the Shamy at all, people come in here and tell me he gets them better than I do because he's a writer for the show and apparently that makes him Authority On All Things Ever. And then this happens and I'm like "Lol I informed you thusly, oh, I so informed you thusly."

I'm sorry but how can you go from "Don't stop" + handholding to "She's pulling and he's resisting"? In what universe does that even remotely make sense? How do you go from "The show is about people he doesn't want to interact with and who don't want to interact with him either, except for Amy Farrah Fowler" (I can't remember the exact quote but it was from Jim and I seem to recall it was at Paleyfest?) to "he's got a special spot in his heart for Penny because he knows he can count on her and she's on his side"? 

In May they have him tell her that "what they have is extremely intimate" and that he never had "any interest in being intimate with anyone" before he met her, and they added that fucking D&D scene that was screming "PROGRESS CONSENTED BY BOTH PARTIES" and now they're back to that stupid "paradox" crap about her pulling and him running away. What kind of a relationship does that show? They make it sound as if Amy's preying on him, as if she's a manipulative cow, when she's anything but, and to achieve that, they destroyed what made the Shamy so special in the first place. I love Amy to death and you've seen me defend her more than once but even I can't convince the world that she's not just a nympho when the writers keep implying that yeah, she actually kinda is. And it's not good on Sheldon's part either, because he's been mean and cruel to her and downright abusive at times, and what's the charm in this? No-bloody-where. 

They need to stop this nonsense. It's not even about the fact that S/P gets more screentime than S/A; it's about the fact that what made S/A magical is gone and that they're giving everything Amy was created for over to Penny. If the purpose was to see Sheldon and Penny get closer emotionally to the point where she's the only one he can count on, then why even create Amy and the Shamy? What was the bloody point in that? They lost view of what made S/A. They lost it because they want to keep milking that coddamn cow as much as they can. Well I'm sorry but there are other ways to slow the Shamy down than having such a skewed thing where his bloody Emergency Contact isn't even good enough to help him cope with the absence of his best friends. They could have had Sheldon tell her that he does want to have sex with her one day, but he's not ready, and that would have done the trick. Amy would have understood, because she's Amy and she always understands him. That's why he's let her into his life in the first place: because she's more similar to him than anyone he's ever met. But now, they've taken that away to cater to a certain part of the audience who hates Amy. And I just don't get it.

I just don't get it. Yes I'm sad, yes I'm mad, yes I think the petition is a dumb idea, but yes I also think I understand the rage of the people who created it, because I'm feeling the exact same way. At this point I just want Molaro gone, and since it's not going to happen, then I'm going to leave the show. I'd rather keep the five first seasons (well no scratch that I'm getting rid of S3 since it ruined L/P like S6 ruined the Shamy for me) than keep sitting through this.

• Like 1

I just read the article and i can't find the words to describe how i feel right now,although sick to the stomach comes close.I can hardly believe some of the things Molaro has said.The fact that his answer to the question of a Sheldon/Penny romance was"probably not"left me staring at my computer screen in total disbelief.And the whole Amy dragging Sheldon along in their relationship makes me question the whole point of 'The Love Spell' episode.I mean why bother?Molaro may as well break Shamy up and be done with it.

The way i feel right now i will not be watching season 7 :icon_cry: although i know how great you guys are and are often the voice of reason so i'm hoping after reading some of your thoughts i will feel it is worth hanging in there :)

I agree that developing Sheldon & Penny into some kind of romantic relationship does not make sense and I agree it causes one to question the point of the Love Spell episode.  However, Molaro did refer to Penny's feelings for Sheldon as being more in the role of a big sister.  I do not see how they would totally end the Shamy and turn it into a Shenny because to do so would destroy Lenny as well, and the Lenny relationship has been developing since season 1 and if a Shenny causes the Shamy progress of the last year to not make sense it also destroy all that was done with Lenny as well.  This is why cannot see things being to bad, because I do not think that they will want to alienate such a large part of their fan base, both Shamys and Lennys.

• Like 1

I think people are worried a bit too much about romantic Shenny. That's very very unlikely to ever happen. It would be idiotic on the writers part to destroy two very popular couples to build one that essentially goes against everything the show stands for. I mean: the girl and the boyfriend's best friend and the boy and the girlfriend's best friend? How they can ever pull that off without making S/P the most despicable characters in tv comedy history, I'm not sure.

Personally, most of what bothers me is that what is so far being described as "friendly Shenny" (i.e. companionship, quality time, support, being on Sheldon's side) is essentially everything that Shamy is built on and that Sheldon never had with anybody else. If they take that and apply it to S/P, then I don't see what's left to Shamy to make it anything more than a friendship with a Relationship Agreement. Especially considering Molaro doesn't seem to have one sweet or nice thing to say about Shamy at all. It's all pushing and pulling and Sheldon refusing to change. It doesn't sound like a happy relationship at all. And this was the couple that back in S5 BP described as being the most solid of the three, in its own quirky way. I know it seems ridiculous to argue about what is "exclusive" to Shamy (FWF for example), but if Shamy have so little going for them already, how can you not nitpick about exclusivity? Most of us used to enjoy this couple because of those little things, since this is not a romance based on passion or sex or what have you. 

• Like 5

Guest DroneInTheSun

I feel like sharing this after tonight's shitstorm. Look what came in the mail today!!!

tumblr_mqq488SAXW1renxhfo1_500.png

To quote Penny: YIHAA!!!

• Like 6

To quote HAL 9000: "I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over." Or, perhaps more specifically, you should just stop putting so much stock into a bunch of off-the-cuff interviews and see the bloody episodes for yourselves before you all run screaming into rush hour traffic. You might very well find that you're stressing yourselves out over nothing. Sheesh...

• Like 3

You Shamy fans and us Lenny fans have nothing to fear about a Shenny scene or scenes in the Season 7 premiere episode. The Romantic Shenny will not happen. Like Molaro said Penny plays a sisterly motherly figure to Sheldon.

Penny wants to be with Leonard and Sheldon wants to be with Amy.

• Like 2

Guest DroneInTheSun

But you don't get it because your ship has a sexual component to it. So obviously as long as Sheldon isn't kissing Penny or sleeping with Penny it won't be cheating. But Sheldon and Amy's relationship is different. In a relationship where even the smallest, briefest handholding has to be negotiated and added to the Relationship Agreement before it becomes somehow acceptable, every little thing is important. I don't think I'm mistaken when I say most of us Shamy shippers got into the Shamy because Amy is the only person Sheldon will always understand and she is the only person who'll always understand him. But now that they're taking that away, what do we have left? Nothing. It's Fun With Flags all over again - we've got so little that we can't just see it taken away.

Most of us KNOW there will never be anything more than a brother and sister relationship between Sheldon and Penny. It doesn't mean it's not taking away from what makes the Shamy, because it does. 

And that coupled to other things (because seriously you're the ones who keep bringing up the Shenny - it's not just about the Shenny, lots of us have been displeased with Sheldon and Amy's relationship for months now) is getting too much.

I bet it was ugly in Lenny circles after Penny sort of slept with Raj. And I'm also willing to bet there was no Shamy shippers to post incredibly offensive insults about upset Lenny shippers. What is complicated about not being a dickhead over this, seriously?

• Like 3

Yup. IMO. It's a trap!

To suck people/new viewers in. You can picture the squid head for yourselves. It hints of a fresh approach, but that would be over the top. They just want to enlarge the tent.

And Koops, re romantic Shenny, have you got the laser beam thingy that Amy might use to eradicate what I read or should I go straight to the hot needle? Heheh

cheers. :)

Edited by Nogravitasatall

Guest DroneInTheSun

Hey Tripper, can we get an order of 'Safe Zone' in here? 

I second that request tbh. I'm done with people thinking they're better than us because "zomg look they're having emotions."

Freaking seriously you are not allowed to model people's feelings the way you want it. Especially when they're people you know nothing about, and even more when the reason why you hate them is their freaking choice of ship.

PS: it's not a sword, it's an axe. You might want to go see the Wizard, Scarecrow. 

The thing which puzzles me in the interview is the part about the deep and abiding love Sheldon and Penny have for each other, and how Sheldon knows Penny is on his side, and etc etc. Um, wasn't it just in 6.23 that Penny said she was drinking alcohol in order to tolerate being around Sheldon?

Don't get me wrong, I do love the way Sheldon and Penny play off each other, and I think they ARE actually friends and they do actually care about each other. Nevertheless, it just seemed like, according to Molero, their relationship is suddenly sunshine and roses when it's always been fairly antagonistic. They insult each other on a fairly regular basis, so I found this comment to come totally out of nowhere. 

Edited by Lionne
  • Like 2

Guest DroneInTheSun

LMAO!!! Maybe he's been abducted by Aliens and on their planet Shenny is a reality so now that he's back on earth he's trying to spread the Shenny love. 

I think he might have been watching a feed on at SST (Shenny Standard Time)

Apparently. Just a strange interview. It's like every question got turned back to Penny. Season 7 - The season of the Penny?

Who knows, we'll see what they actually come up with.

Like I said in chat, if Mayim wins the Emmy, Molaro might do a Kanye West: "But this was Penny's best season of all time!" 

• Like 7

The thing which puzzles me in the interview is the part about the deep and abiding love Sheldon and Penny have for each other, and how Sheldon knows Penny is on his side, and etc etc. Um, wasn't it just in 6.23 that Penny said she was drinking alcohol in order to tolerate being around Sheldon?

Don't get me wrong, I do love the way Sheldon and Penny play off each other, and I think they ARE actually friends and they do actually care about each other. Nevertheless, it just seemed like, according to Molero, their relationship is suddenly sunshine and roses when it's always been fairly antagonistic. They insult each other on a fairly regular basis, so I found this comment to come totally out of nowhere.

cos its hype, maybe, not a policy launch?

Like I said in chat, if Mayim wins the Emmy, Molaro might do a Kanye West: "But this was Penny's best season of all time!" 

Ha!

I don't even know what to say. It's just an interview, but I still read it and wonder what show he's been writing all this time. Perhaps he's just trying to be an apologist for people who really wish for Shenny, or more Shenny scenes, but I find it odd that Leonard is apparently going to be having a happy time on his boat and Amy's going to be skipping along with Bernadette on a trip, and Sheldon and Penny will grow closer.

I mean, like I said, if Leonard and Amy are perfectly happy without their SO's, and having a good time without them, I think that's fantastic. But I would have expected Leonard's absence to be more about Penny and Leonard missing each other, and their relationship. I also would have expected it to be about Sheldon coping without his little buddy, and a bit part of it also being about Sheldon and Leonard as friends. Perhaps some of Amy being around for Sheldon to lean on. Or even, as someone said before, Sheldon driving Penny and Amy up the wall with his demands that usually Leonard takes care of.

The angle of Sheldon and Penny growing closer, without mention of the rest of those angles which seem more logical to me, is unexpected. Then the whole thing about this loving friendship Sheldon and Penny have, which isn't the way I remember their relationship working out, and I am wondering what show I've been watching for 6 seasons. 

But perhaps it's the Shennies who have had it right all along. I expect the finale to feature Sheldon and Penny's wedding, when it's revealed that Penny is pregnant - WITH HIS TWINS.

Because everything is better with twins, dontcha know.

• Like 7

Don't forget that Amy will be the maid of honor AND deliver Shenny's babies. Because... you know... She LOVES Penny.

• Like 4

Don't forget that Amy will be the maid of honor AND deliver Shenny's babies. Because... you know... She LOVES Penny.

Oh good, then she won't be upset that Sheldon's been in love with Penny all this time.

Maybe Raj will finally soothe her inflamed loins.

Guest DroneInTheSun

Amy ends up with Leonard because they're both needy!!! Seriously, you know nothing Jon Snow!!!

• Like 1

Oh good, then she won't be upset that Sheldon's been in love with Penny all this time.

Or maybe he should take a trip up to Canada...  :ph34r:

• Like 1

It would be easier to take the complaint of Shamy bashing seriously, If you ladies hadn't spent the last half hour mercilessly mocking the shennies, who, believe it or not, are people with "feelings" too, however much we might disagree with them. 

P.S. I am an equal opportunity mocker.

Edited by Disgusted
  • Like 1

It would be easier to take the complaint of Shamy bashing seriously, If you ladies hadn't spent the last half hour mercilessly mocking the shennies, who, believe it or not, are people with "feelings" too, however much we might disagree with them. 

P.S. I am an equal opportunity mocker.

Awesome - would you still be an "equal opportunity mocker" if we take our turn mocking you? Or do you also have these strange things called "feelings?"

If you have "feelings" please indicate below:

____ - Yes, I have feelings.

____ - No, I do not have feelings.

I will then proceed to mock accordingly. Because I've got a lot to say about the paradox of being chided for mocking by someone who says they are an equal opportunity mocker.

PS. Please reply quickly, because I don't know how much longer I will be wearing these sassy pants.

PPS. Where exactly where we mocking Shenny shippers anyway? The twins thing? Because I don't know how often you stop by here, but I mock my own ship for that too.

Edited by Lionne
  • Like 1