The Shamy Thread! (Season 6 Edition-Spoilers)

MJistheBOMB

Guest DroneInTheSun
Because calling people to post terrible things in the Shamy thread just to annoy them and "watch the heads explode" is totes the same thing as saying that Shenny will have twins and Leonard and Amy will get married, which is basically the plot of 80% of Shenny fics out there. Suuure.
It's one thing to mock a ship - it's another altogether to insult shippers. And if you don't get that, I really can't do anything for you.
And on that I'm blocking you. Bye bye.

Awesome - would you still be an "equal opportunity mocker" if we take our turn mocking you? Or do you also have these strange things called "feelings?"

If you have "feelings" please indicate below:

____ - Yes, I have feelings.

____ - No, I do not have feelings.

I will then proceed to mock accordingly. Because I've got a lot to say about the paradox of being chided for mocking by someone who says they are an equal opportunity mocker.

PS. Please reply quickly, because I don't know how much longer I will be wearing these sassy pants.

PPS. Where exactly where we mocking Shenny shippers anyway? The twins thing? Because I don't know how often you stop by here, but I mock my own ship for that too.

As I said before, you are new. You don't know the crap that's come my way because I was unhappy with the L/P breakup and the Raj incident. I'm sure you don't care about the details, but I can assure you this is nothing compared to what they used to say. I laugh at your feeble attempts.

I made a joke on the Lenny thread, using an "Actual quote from Molero", nothing else. Normally I don't even read the shamy thread, but the hysterical reaction my joke provoked caused me to come over here to see what was up. It's a fact that those unhappy with the L/P situation in season 4 were beat on unmercifully back then, that's the only reason I posted what I did.

I've poked fun at every pairing, including L/P. Shamies have the thinnest skins by far.

Oh, I have never blocked anyone. So please, continue. You amuse me.  

As I said before, you are new. You don't know the crap that's come my way because I was unhappy with the L/P breakup and the Raj incident. I'm sure you don't care about the details, but I can assure you this is nothing compared to what they used to say. I laugh at your feeble attempts.

I made a joke on the Lenny thread, using an "Actual quote from Molero", nothing else. Normally I don't even read the shamy thread, but the hysterical reaction my joke provoked caused me to come over here to see what was up. It's a fact that those unhappy with the L/P situation in season 4 were beat on unmercifully back then, that's the only reason I posted what I did.

I've poked fun at every pairing, including L/P. Shamies have the thinnest skins by far.

I have to disagree that the majority of Shamies have the thinnest skin - from what I have seen, all ships have their weakest links, but I wouldn't judge the ship on the whole based off of them.

As for the rest -

1) Lenny/Shamy - I always consider these two ships to be on the same team, and I am flabbergasted when there's a tiff.

2) Jokes? - I have no idea if any comment of yours was actually part of the reaction here. Honestly, people read the latest interview with Molero and had their own reactions. Pretty sure there's nothing you could have said which would have made it better or worse. If someone here was reacting to you, I completely glossed over that, but the fact of the matter is that I think most people here were actually reacting to the content of the actual interview.

Edited to add: I should probably actually read the Lenny thread once and awhile. I never do, even though I ship the couple. However, going back to find this gem from you: Hmmm, if I get bored later on this week I might post this on the Shamy thread and watch the heads explode. And then blah blah blah about Sheldon and Penny and OMFG - like, so I can see you're no fan of ours.

Mock on! Mock off! I don't know which direction I'm going anymore.

3) Feeble attempts - Laughing at them are precisely the point. My attempts are never mean-spirited, I think my humor always allows people to come back with a clever rejoinder if they have that in them. And I always hope they have that sense of humor in them. So, you say feeble, I say....er. Fooble. Fibble? Fabble? Damn it.

Edited by Lionne
  • Like 1

It's morning and I have already been in hospital today. So basically I'm too tired to read what you been all posting here. I'm awfully late for this "party", but about the interview with Molaro.. I don't know, I sort of laughed after I read it. I think the interviewer was the Shenny shipper there. And I also thought that it doesn't matter if Molaro likes Penny too much that he wants to put her everywhere, he's not the only writer and I'm sure of it things will go differently than it seems on the interview...

I don't understand the sudden uproar.... because for me bbt was always like this.... something big happens ....but is completely forgotten later...

see Penny during the time when Leonard was dating Priya.... in that season finale it looked like if Leonard ever gave Penny a chance of getting back together she would just run into his arms and stay there forever begging him not to let go .... :p :P

and see how she treated him after they got back together....

see how many  phases of "character development" Amy went through over the last 3 seasons..how many of those changes were'nt bizzare....

So I just do not understand the sudden uproar here when for me everything looks normal bbt....

I'm not surprised that they want to put brakes on Shamy (although there are better ways of doing it than the way they are doing it), or Lenny, given that they are looking at 4 more season. So, in that sense, it's not like I expected the D&D sex or L/P's ILYs to lead to some monumental changes in S7 with Shamy suddenly smooching all over and L/P moving in together. 

What baffles me is the sudden S/P obsession that came out of the blue and seriously makes me wonder whether I've been watching a different show. Because in no universe that I'm aware of, the S/P relationship is as wonderful and loving as Molaro makes it come across. To be honest, I feel the same about the way he speaks of Raj and Lucy. He wants me to buy that Raj was suddenly so deeply in love with this girl that he overcame his mutism because of his love for her, when I don't see much of a difference in the way he related to Lucy than the way he related to the deaf girl. Every time I hear him gushing over Raj and Lucy I'm like "Did I miss something?".

And, like Phanta and Lio mentioned more than once, it baffles me that Leonard's departure seems to have been designed to specifically impact S/P's relationship over Leonard and Penny's or Leonard and Sheldon's. I don't understand why making S/P closer is such a priority all of a sudden, when their relationship clearly always worked best as antagonists.

And it baffles me that Molaro does not seem to consider Amy as a key figure in Sheldon's life at all. I mean, even if you think they shouldn't get physical, you can't deny she has been a crucial figure in his life from day 1. How is it possible that in moments where Sheldon experiences some big personal hurdles or developments, she is always cut out of the picture? I mean, if they are in a relationship, shouldn't SHE be the person he spends most of his time with? Isn't that the whole point of being in a relationship, even if there's no physical intimacy? It's just bizarre. It's like Molaro doesn't know how to think about Shamy unless it revolves around sex, and since he doesn't want to progress them further on that, he keeps them apart as much as possible or makes Sheldon a total ass. 

• Like 5

But you don't get it because your ship has a sexual component to it. So obviously as long as Sheldon isn't kissing Penny or sleeping with Penny it won't be cheating. But Sheldon and Amy's relationship is different. In a relationship where even the smallest, briefest handholding has to be negotiated and added to the Relationship Agreement before it becomes somehow acceptable, every little thing is important. I don't think I'm mistaken when I say most of us Shamy shippers got into the Shamy because Amy is the only person Sheldon will always understand and she is the only person who'll always understand him. But now that they're taking that away, what do we have left? Nothing. It's Fun With Flags all over again - we've got so little that we can't just see it taken away.

Most of us KNOW there will never be anything more than a brother and sister relationship between Sheldon and Penny. It doesn't mean it's not taking away from what makes the Shamy, because it does. 

And that coupled to other things (because seriously you're the ones who keep bringing up the Shenny - it's not just about the Shenny, lots of us have been displeased with Sheldon and Amy's relationship for months now) is getting too much.

I bet it was ugly in Lenny circles after Penny sort of slept with Raj. And I'm also willing to bet there was no Shamy shippers to post incredibly offensive insults about upset Lenny shippers. What is complicated about not being a dickhead over this, seriously?

The thing which puzzles me in the interview is the part about the deep and abiding love Sheldon and Penny have for each other, and how Sheldon knows Penny is on his side, and etc etc. Um, wasn't it just in 6.23 that Penny said she was drinking alcohol in order to tolerate being around Sheldon?

Don't get me wrong, I do love the way Sheldon and Penny play off each other, and I think they ARE actually friends and they do actually care about each other. Nevertheless, it just seemed like, according to Molero, their relationship is suddenly sunshine and roses when it's always been fairly antagonistic. They insult each other on a fairly regular basis, so I found this comment to come totally out of nowhere. 

Hey Tripper, can we get an order of 'Safe Zone' in here? 

Amen to that...you have my likes...I wouldn't say it better... yes Tripper we need safe zone here...pretty please...

[sAFE ZONE]

This thread is now a safe zone for shippers of Sheldon & Amy and is place where they can to talk freely and without argument. This doesn't mean the forum is stopping people debating the merits of this ship or any others, it's just this particular thread which is to be free of debate. This thread will monitored more closely and any argumentative posts will be deleted.

• Like 8

[sAFE ZONE]

This thread is now a safe zone for shippers of Sheldon & Amy and is place where they can to talk freely and without argument. This doesn't mean the forum is stopping people debating the merits of this ship or any others, it's just this particular thread which is to be free of debate. This thread will monitored more closely and any argumentative posts will be deleted.

Well, there goes the rest of my day's plans ... LOL. :) (Love you, Tripper.)

• Like 2

Guest DroneInTheSun

Koops, ask and you shall receive.

tumblr_mqr8l61Xje1snz7m6o1_250.gif  tumblr_mqr8l61Xje1snz7m6o2_250.gif

tumblr_mqr8l61Xje1snz7m6o3_250.gif  tumblr_mqr8l61Xje1snz7m6o4_250.gif

Sorry for the crappy quality of the gifs, there is literally no HQ version of this video.

• Like 7

I'm not surprised that they want to put brakes on Shamy (although there are better ways of doing it than the way they are doing it), or Lenny, given that they are looking at 4 more season. So, in that sense, it's not like I expected the D&D sex or L/P's ILYs to lead to some monumental changes in S7 with Shamy suddenly smooching all over and L/P moving in together. 

What baffles me is the sudden S/P obsession that came out of the blue and seriously makes me wonder whether I've been watching a different show. Because in no universe that I'm aware of, the S/P relationship is as wonderful and loving as Molaro makes it come across. To be honest, I feel the same about the way he speaks of Raj and Lucy. He wants me to buy that Raj was suddenly so deeply in love with this girl that he overcame his mutism because of his love for her, when I don't see much of a difference in the way he related to Lucy than the way he related to the deaf girl. Every time I hear him gushing over Raj and Lucy I'm like "Did I miss something?".

And, like Phanta and Lio mentioned more than once, it baffles me that Leonard's departure seems to have been designed to specifically impact S/P's relationship over Leonard and Penny's or Leonard and Sheldon's. I don't understand why making S/P closer is such a priority all of a sudden, when their relationship clearly always worked best as antagonists.

And it baffles me that Molaro does not seem to consider Amy as a key figure in Sheldon's life at all. I mean, even if you think they shouldn't get physical, you can't deny she has been a crucial figure in his life from day 1. How is it possible that in moments where Sheldon experiences some big personal hurdles or developments, she is always cut out of the picture? I mean, if they are in a relationship, shouldn't SHE be the person he spends most of his time with? Isn't that the whole point of being in a relationship, even if there's no physical intimacy? It's just bizarre. It's like Molaro doesn't know how to think about Shamy unless it revolves around sex, and since he doesn't want to progress them further on that, he keeps them apart as much as possible or makes Sheldon a total ass. 

That is the biggest problem I had.  It seems like he is watching a totally different show.   I agree with all of this!  Kudos, Koops...another great post.

Thank you, Tripper for making this a "safe zone".  :wub:

Edited by stardustmelody
  • Like 2

I have to disagree that the majority of Shamies have the thinnest skin - from what I have seen, all ships have their weakest links, but I wouldn't judge the ship on the whole based off of them.

As for the rest -

1) Lenny/Shamy - I always consider these two ships to be on the same team, and I am flabbergasted when there's a tiff.

2) Jokes? - I have no idea if any comment of yours was actually part of the reaction here. Honestly, people read the latest interview with Molero and had their own reactions. Pretty sure there's nothing you could have said which would have made it better or worse. If someone here was reacting to you, I completely glossed over that, but the fact of the matter is that I think most people here were actually reacting to the content of the actual interview.

Edited to add: I should probably actually read the Lenny thread once and awhile. I never do, even though I ship the couple. However, going back to find this gem from you: Hmmm, if I get bored later on this week I might post this on the Shamy thread and watch the heads explode. And then blah blah blah about Sheldon and Penny and OMFG - like, so I can see you're no fan of ours.

Mock on! Mock off! I don't know which direction I'm going anymore.

3) Feeble attempts - Laughing at them are precisely the point. My attempts are never mean-spirited, I think my humor always allows people to come back with a clever rejoinder if they have that in them. And I always hope they have that sense of humor in them. So, you say feeble, I say....er. Fooble. Fibble? Fabble? Damn it.

Ship mates can assemble in the Shipping Lanes on the Show forum. Consider it an experiment. Open invitation. Not an open bar, sorry.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Question: When is this thread going to become the spoiler free thread? Since it looks like we are starting to get more spoilers, I think it would make sense to soon migrate to the S7 thread?

I am thinking of going MIA from the threads until the Emmys, mostly because I really can't afford any distractions at all for the next two months. But if people can PM me when this thread becomes spoiler-free, I might stick around here for some old school Shamy chit-chat. I would miss the Sharmy terribly over 2 months. :icon_cry:

• Like 2

Did you guys know that Jim Parsons is going to be on TLC's Who Do You Think You Are? this season? I am super excited!

Yeah, I've been watching the show already, wondering what he's going to find out about his family history. :)

I wonder where his inquiry will take him--around the US and/or to Europe, maybe?

I'm hoping they do their 8 episodes all in a row, which means Jim's ep will likely air in early September, shortly before BBT starts up again. :D

• Like 1