Sara Gilbert has left the building?

Front Page Story

According to Michael Ausiello of Entertainment Weekly, Sara Gilbert has been switched from series regular to recurring star because writers couldn't think of much to do with her character. The actress, who worked with Chuck Lorre & Johnny Galecki before on hit show Roseanne, was made a series regular before the start of season 2 but has since appeared less and less.

Sara will still appear on the show as Leslie Winkle and is scheduled to appear in an upcoming episode.

I didn't' see this hit the forums so I brought it over so we can all talk about it.

---

I think this is odd, but have to agree with the show's staff. Their doesn't appear to be much use of her character, other then the off and on appearances. Especially since the bigger break up.

As much as I like the character don't really see what they could do. Only so many times you can show her insulting Sheldon. Funny story would be if Sheldon got an award for the equation she corrected and she found out.

• 2 months later...

I hope not. I really do love her and her character, but agree that there's not a lot more places her character can go. I mean her and Leonard's relationship is purely friendship and was made clear there's no chance the two will get together again.

Isn't really old news or is it just me? Anyway, to be honest I was surprised when they signed her on to be a regular, I figured that there would not be much room for her other than insulting Sheldon and later humping Wolowitz, the core group is really the focus of the show. I do hope we see the return of Leslie though, perhaps in this upcoming episode if the viewers get to witness Leslie's and Wolowitz's break up.

Other than the date with Leonard, her insulting Sheldon, and the current fling with Wolowitz (that suddenly just disappeared from the storyline), she really can't be a regular. Plus, the cast seems perfect with the 4 geeks + Penny setup.