The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rubyanjel

Jim On Conan

OMG!  Why is everyone so damn concerned or reading into something that isnt there?  Geez, Jim's fine!  He does have another project to get ready for and plus he's not THAT thin.  Chill.  

Wha?

I agree with your analysis. Jim was actually my introduction to all these shows. :p

I also like him very much on Ellen. And some of my favorite 'serious' Jim interviews were the Canada show (Stroumboupoulos), Tavis Smiley and of course the informal interview in a bar by Kathy.

Edited by Pomita

I agree with your analysis. Jim was actually my introduction to all these shows. :p

I also like him very much on Ellen. And some of my favorite 'serious' Jim interviews were the Canada show (Stroumboupoulos), Tavis Smiley and of course the informal interview in a bar by Kathy.

Yes, I love the Canada show--Stroumboupoulos had some really interesting and intelligent questions and it wasn't the same-old, same-old. Even Conan last night, as much fun as it was, kind of hit on the some of the same territory that Jim is often asked about--the dialog, etc.

And Tavis asked some really good questions, too. And Jim had time to really talk and answer thoughtfully rather than just doing quick, jokey answers like you sometimes get on talk shows.

I loved that long interview by Kathy. It was so wide-ranging (were these questions submitted by fans? I forget) and he was again able to just sit and talk and answer the questions fully.

I love that for all the silliness of the show and as funny as Jim can be, you can tell when he has time to talk it through that he really is thoughtful in his choices when he's acting and that he really works at his craft. :)

• Like 1

I loved that long interview by Kathy. It was so wide-ranging (were these questions submitted by fans? I forget) and he was again able to just sit and talk and answer the questions fully.

I love that for all the silliness of the show and as funny as Jim can be, you can tell when he has time to talk it through that he really is thoughtful in his choices when he's acting and that he really works at his craft. :)

Yes, they were fan questions. But pretty insightful ones, some of them (probably from fans like us). ;)

He's completely in earnest about his work, even if it's 'just comedy' - it's one of the things I admire about him. And as many experts have pointed out, comedy can often be the hardest kind of acting to get right, especially if has to be multi-layered like Jim plays Sheldon.

As Jim himself once said (about the TBBT team), 'we're serious about funny'. :)

So I watched it again today and I lost it at, "Those are some meaty legs there." and he says, "That is a nice bird."

LOL.

Anyway, he's definitely more comfortable on Conan and Craig than the others.

I was watching this last night and my partner asked me "Oh it's Parsons again, is he the only one that does interviews?,  I replied yes he sort of is really, well he does the bulk of them anyway, I wonder why that is?

I think this is sort of unfair.

I mean, I watch Conan every night, so I know, but even if you didn't you could look at Conan's website and the list of all the celebrities that have been on.

Jim Parons, Johnny Galecki, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Kaley Cuoco, Melissa Rauch, Mayim Bialik and even Chuck Lorre have ALL been on.

So when people say that, I don't really get it... Jim probably does more repeats, but ignoring that, he doesn't really get interviewed more than the rest.

Edited by Kyzzx

thanks for posting; who doesn't love the Elements song, especially with JP singing it;  now here's a treat

that's the great Tom Lehrer!

Edited by annieogly

The wreath is gone! What the heck, man.

Yeah, I caught a few minutes of Ty Burrell and noticed that the wreath was gone. :(

I don't think I've read this interview.  Does anyone have a link?

I don't think I've read this interview.  Does anyone have a link?

Which one do you mean? The one with Kathy is in 6 parts, starting here:

Thanks for the original Element song! 'There was earth and air and fire and water'. LOL.

Oh I had seen it.  Whoops

Thank you for posting though and you're right, it is a really great interview.

I wonder if he'd ever do Stromboulopolis(sp) again.  One of my favourite Jim interviews