The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kyzzx

Has Anyone Else Spotted Any 'easter Eggs'?

I'm not sure TBBT does that many, but someone else saw this and I didn't even notice it. In the last episode, you can see the picture of them from the Halloween party when they were Smurfs.

So, anything else I missed? I've seen the pictures on Penny's fridge, but I don't think I've noticed much else other than the sign in the laundry room. It says, "Please keep your clothes on while doing laundry." which I find pleasantly humorous.

Screenshot:

Da89w.jpg

Well, I typed "Has anyone else spotted any 'easter eggs'?" and now all the words are capitalized... except Easter... I certainly didn't do that. Unless I'm going crazy. :icon_eek:

I've noticed the photos too. I haven't noticed anything else though so far. I'm keeping an eye out for things :)

I've been busily focusing on product name changes again, but there hasn't been a lot of it this season. Will def be keeping an eye out for those easter eggs now.

Well spotted Kyzzx! once again the props people are keeping things interesting. Thanks. :icon_cheesygrin:

I noticed that all new threads had title case instead of sentence case headings for a while. So it's not you.

Yes! I spotted this as well. I loved it. The set design and props people on this show are great with call backs from earlier episodes. They put a lot of thought into details of the characters lives and it's of course the little things that make it great. I'm not sure if these count as 'easter eggs' but they are brilliant little touches. Some of my favs: the flags on the coffee table where Sheldon and Amy were sitting in the Weekend Vortex, in the the S4 finale the apartment ID card that Sheldon gives Raj has the apartment flag on it and in the S5 finale wedding scene Sheldon is wearing bat signal cuff links. I don't know why I love the last one, I just do.

• Like 1

I didn't notice Sheldon's cuff links. I guess I'll be forced to rewatch that episode... :p

I remember noticing in the Launch Acceleration, when Amy and Sheldon have their dinner, you can see the canister of Strawberry Quik on Amy's counter in the kitchen.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

These ones are from the 43 Peculiarity that I noticed the first time I saw the ep:

Leonard & Penny on Penny's fridge

tumblr_mefngjB4yH1r36dvxo1_500.jpg

Bernadette, Penny & Amy

tumblr_mefngjB4yH1r36dvxo2_500.jpg

• Like 1

the funny thing is the second pic on pennys fridge in the first one you posted shouldn't even exist.  If we remember its from Leonards dream in the episode where he gets the time machine, where he is suspending them down the elevator shaft :p haha i love that one

Also in the episode where they buy the sword from game of thrones, u can see it hanging on their wall by the door in a bunch of episodes after it!

• Like 1

These ones are from the 43 Peculiarity that I noticed the first time I saw the ep:

Leonard & Penny on Penny's fridge

tumblr_mefngjB4yH1r36dvxo1_500.jpg

Bernadette, Penny & Amy

tumblr_mefngjB4yH1r36dvxo2_500.jpg

The one top left of the bottom door of the fridge is also Penny and Bernadette. There's also one of Penny and Amy lower down. You can see them in the Parking Spot Escalation.

There's also one of Howard in his astronaut outfit in Bernie's flat, pretty huge photo, hard to miss.

Edited by spook

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

I noticed this one last night, on Habitation Configuration:

When Sheldon finishes skyping with Amy, we see his screen for less than a second. On the bottom right corner there is a folder called Physics Fiesta Question. If you recall, in Re-Entry minimization Sheldon suggests playing a game called Physics Fiesta that consists on asking and answering Physics questions in Spanish :p (although it is spelled Pysics? can't really make it out)

tumblr_megfapKIwn1r36dvxo1_1280.jpg

Edited by Sursonica
  • Like 1

Ahhh, it does! Spelling fail.

I also am trying to read what the sticky says. It looks like: Click _____ to input _____ (_).

I've also mentioned this in another thread before but when Sheldon sits down to watch himself on YouTube in The Pants Alternative, the account (which I'm assuming is Leonard's) is under "ob1" which I take as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

I've also mentioned this in another thread before but when Sheldon sits down to watch himself on YouTube in The Pants Alternative, the account (which I'm assuming is Leonard's) is under "ob1" which I take as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

And I think you can read the comments on the side, too. I think it's also possible in the episode where Leonard and Sheldon are fighting at that lecture and Howard posts the video online. When they're watching it there are comments along the side.

I think one of them says something like "That one guy is HOT!" :p

• Like 1

And I think you can read the comments on the side, too. I think it's also possible in the episode where Leonard and Sheldon are fighting at that lecture and Howard posts the video online. When they're watching it there are comments along the side.

I think one of them says something like "That one guy is HOT!" :p

Seriously? I need to check that one out. I don't recall seeing comments on The Pants Alternative one, but I could be wrong.

I love that they actually use the real technology as opposed to making stuff up for the show, like I used to hate all the fake browsers and email clients and OSs on other shows. I think there was an interview with Mayim who said that for the scenes where she's on Skype and on video calls she is actually on Skype and video calls and they film the phone and the laptops. 

• Like 1

Seriously? I need to check that one out. I don't recall seeing comments on The Pants Alternative one, but I could be wrong.

I think the comments might be on the other one--is it the Cooper-Hofstadter something-or-other? I think in that one the camera is on the laptop screen for a longer moment. I think I watched it on my iPad and got my face all up in there. :D

This isn't so much an Easter Egg as an extremely silly nitpick that I just caught tonight on The Hot Troll Deviation.  When Howard is in Penny's apartment, after he explains why he and Bernadette broke up, he starts asking Penny to talk to Bernadette.  Penny is walking around her apartment, and Howard is following her.  They stop near her refrigerator and as a result, there is a close up of the brick column next to the refrigerator.  The pattern of the bricks is wrong.   That is a corner and there should be the long side of the brick visible, on one side, and the short end of the brick, on the other side.  The next level, up or down, would be the opposite.  

That is not what appears on that column however.  One of the levels is made up of what looks like a brick with only long sides (it would be a square brick in other words).   Another level looks as if the brick was cut about half the width of the short side of the brick.  I do understand how that happens.  I do set design for local theatres and those brick patterns come in sheets of 4 ft by 8 ft.   They are not quite wood, but not as flimsy as cardboard.   They are attached to supporting framework with screws or nails, on one side, then the pattern is supposed to be matched up and attached on the other side.  It simply appears that when the column was put together, the patterns were not matched up.   How's that for nitpicking?

• Like 1

In the halloween episode where Sheldon and Amy are deciding which couple costume to wear one of the suggestions on Amy's side is Blossom and Joey (The characters from her old TV show Blossom)

• Like 4

I'm not sure that it qualifies as an easter egg, but after casually watching the Exelsior Acquisition for the 3rd time, I only just realized that the judge who sentences Sheldon in traffic court is one J. Kirby.

Comic book fans probably caught onto this right away... Jack Kirby, fellow fabled Marvel Alumni of Stan Lee :)

Edited by FriendComputer

In the halloween episode where Sheldon and Amy are deciding which couple costume to wear one of the suggestions on Amy's side is Blossom and Joey (The characters from her old TV show Blossom)

Dharma and Gregg are also on that list.  it was a TV comedy series created and Produced by C. Lorre.    The actor who played Gregg in the series is Thomas Gibson who has been on Criminal Minds for its entire run.  

You may be surprised to see that there are many many Easter Eggs throught the seasons. My family and I are huge Big Bang fans and watch at least 3 or 4 episodes, at random, each day. We will even start a marathon up and watch nothing else for several days at a time. Anyways, we have noticed several Easter Eggs over the past year or so. Here are a few.

1. Each time there were scenes in the laundry facility, watch closely to the laundry that is being washed and folded. These are exact items that that particular charcater has worn in past episodes.

2. In season 1 Raj, Howard and Leonard are discussing finding a new team mate to help them against Sheldons team in the Physics bowl. Raj mentions recruiting TV's Blossom ( Mayim Bialik ) and noted her as being a scientist in real life. Skip ahead a few years and Mayim Bialik now portrays Sheldon's love ineterest Amy Farah Fowler. He also mentions recruiting that girl from The Wonder Years. " Winnie". ( Danica Mckellar ) Whom plays a real quick role as a girl from the University's party that goes home with Raj for a nite cap, in Season 2.

3. There are many pictures throught each apartment depicting various memories of seasons past as well as the dolls that Raj and Howard made in Season 6, are standing in Howrad and Bernadette's curio cabinet.

4. In season 6, episode 5,"The Holographic Excitation", there is a scene where Sheldon and Amy are trying to come to an agreement on which couples costumes they are going to wear for the party. Sheldon is writing on a board. On that board there are suggestions of couples costumes that have been, we are guessing, discussed and unagreeable. Half way down the list, one of the couples costumes say " Blossom and Joey ",

Happy Hunting Fellow Big Bang Theory Fans....

• Like 2

There's a woman at Penny's Hallowe'en party in The Middle Earth Paradigm who is wearing the same exact costume Amy was wearing as Raggedy Anne in the other Hallowe'en episode.