The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Superlovelexi

Things I Like To See Shamy Do Together!?

It is so hard to guess what might happen in the second half of the season. I really believe the writers are fluid, they don't plan long arcs and nothing is set in stone until it's taped.

Sheldon initiating a kiss would be such a massive step for his development that I wonder if we will get it so soon. The hand hold worked because Sheldon did it without thinking about it. I think one of Sheldon's first big steps would be accepting that he is in a romantic relationship. I'm not sure he's done that yet. To me, this seemed like the source of the problems on the botched anniversary date. At least, that's how I like to justify the douche move of inviting Raj. Sheldon realized this date night had a romantic association and did everything possible to sabotage it and any expectations Amy had. At the end, he realizes he went too far and recited the speech but she didn't get the physical intimacy he was supposed to provide.

I think it would be a big enough step for Sheldon to accept that the physical and romantic side of the relationship is something that he is at least interested in. I'd be happy if he took her hand just because he wanted too. I don't think a kiss is coming from Sheldon this season unless he's drunk or high. If Amy kisses him, he might go along with it though. He does not like to disappoint her. :)

Eh, I'm so weather vaney on this as I read back through I thought, no he has to do something to give her that casual physical contact he owes. Maybe the S6 finale?

That really bothered me in the first episode of the season. I wanted to see that physical contact! LOL.

Monique

I still like idea of Shany going on a trip some where together like another science convention or even Comic book convention only this time finally sharing a hotel room/bed and seeing how Sheldon handles it could be hilarious.  I love the episode where whole group goes to San Diego and kept bed hopping from one room to the next.  Sheldon and Amy were still in very early stages of their relationship then, but its clear writers thought about what it be like if they shared a room together because they put in Penny asking Amy in backseat if they were going to.  Amy said "No that they didn't want to spoil their friendship by getting to know each other too well."  lol  But, hell the man has seen her NAKED now for crying out loud. 

I think bedsharing would be a cute next step for this couple.  NO SEX though Amy would be hoping for it no doubt, but Sheldon wouldn't let it happen, just maybe some sweet cuddling in bed and/ or perhaps Amy trying to get a peak at Sheldon naked while he's in the shower lol and then Sheldon getting annoyed with her or he ends up saying wrong thing like usual that pisses Amy off so she kicks him out of the room and then that starts the bed/room switching thing again, but maybe Stuart can end up coming along on this trip instead for some reason.  It be funny if by end Sheldon comes back to apologize to Amy for being a jerk earlier and finds Stuart in Amy's room and we get to see some jealous Sheldon again.  

Edited by Superlovelexi

I believe leonard can tolerate them.

The fact lenoard and sheldon live together is the basic thing of this movie.I don't think the screenwriter will change it,unless the end~

I think there could be some real funny scenes if both Penny and Amy moved in with Sheldon and Leonard.  

- I would like to see Sheldon's reaction to Amy getting a Nobel Prize in her field (may be then he could kiss her as a token of appreciation)

- I would like to see Amy apologize for ruining FWF episode 2

- I would like to see Sheldon's reaction to a Amy/Beverly fued.

- I would like to see /know that something intimate has happened before Amy's loins are completely burned off as they are always on fire when she is around Sheldon :p

Edited by vasu

Bostrich, Spook, that's some very interesting analysis of the physical vs emotional developments between Sheldon and Amy.

Regarding Sheldon making himself open and vulnerable to her - I think he did that, in an indirect way, with his heartfelt apology in her lab, and also when he told her recently 'it hurts that you would lie to me'. For Sheldon, with all his walls and his compulsion to maintain complete control, it was a big thing to admit to Amy that she has the power to hurt him emotionally.. and it was said in a very sincere way. One step forward for him.

• Like 1

I would like to hear Sheldon compliment Amy more often.  Tell her she looks pretty or that he likes way she makes his tear or how she smells or just well any compliment.  Sometimes he compliments her to other people like to Penny about how she eats the nuts he doesn't like and called bright and interesting and a saint or to Leonard,  but i like to see Sheldon compliment Amy more to her.  I think it would really help balance things out little more in their relationship cause she is always telling him how sexy and brillant she think she is and she tells other people that a lot too so he should also.  I know its not really his "thing" to compliment others much but for Amy I think he should and it would be another nice step forward for him to admit that he does finds her attractive in a sexual way and not just because she has a brillant mind like him. 

I loved that spontaneous scene where Sheldon held Amy´s hand in 05x24...I want to see more this type of scenes.

I would like to hear Sheldon compliment Amy more often.  Tell her she looks pretty or that he likes way she makes his tear or how she smells or just well any compliment.  Sometimes he compliments her to other people like to Penny about how she eats the nuts he doesn't like and called bright and interesting and a saint or to Leonard,  but i like to see Sheldon compliment Amy more to her.  I think it would really help balance things out little more in their relationship cause she is always telling him how sexy and brillant she think she is and she tells other people that a lot too so he should also.  I know its not really his "thing" to compliment others much but for Amy I think he should and it would be another nice step forward for him to admit that he does finds her attractive in a sexual way and not just because she has a brillant mind like him. 

I agree. He needs to do more of this to Amy's face.

Monique

• Like 1

That's why I think they HAVE to have them all go out and get drunk. He opens up like a flower when he's drunk, it's be hilarious if he were to make some nonchalant compliment about Amy to Penny or someone else with her standing right there. Bonus points if it has to do with seeing her naked. 

• Like 2

That's why I think they HAVE to have them all go out and get drunk. He opens up like a flower when he's drunk, it's be hilarious if he were to make some nonchalant compliment about Amy to Penny or someone else with her standing right there. Bonus points if it has to do with seeing her naked. 

I would feel cheated if the next step forward in their relationship happened while he was drunk.  I hope that's not how they do it.

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl
I would feel cheated if the next step forward in their relationship happened while he was drunk.  I hope that's not how they do it.

yeah, I don't want that either

I definitely wouldn't want their next step into intimacy to happen with either of them drunk. However, I think I would be okay with a drunk compliment from Sheldon to Amy, because that isn't exactly a step forward but it may just have him directly express some of what he already feels and has said to others about her. Especially in the way Spook has outlined, it may be interesting.

• Like 2

Well whenever Sheldon and Amy get drunk it is always funny, so i dont' mind that so much, but I mainly want to see Sheldon be more open with people in general not just Amy, but especially Amy.  I love clueless asexual germophobic OCD like Sheldon, but he is so much more than that and I want see the writers exploring other aspects of his personailty with her and other aspects of Amy's personality as well.  I'd like to see Sheldon around Amy's family or coworkers.  We usually see Amy in his environment around his original friends that have now become hers, but I think it be cool to see Sheldon get to know someone from Amy's past life like a cousin or her grandma or whoever and become more a part of her world like she's become a part of his world. :)

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 2

I agree with what you're saying. I personally don't find the idea of using drunkenness as a way to move things forward unpalatable as long as it's not sex and they don't dismiss it in the next episode. I don't see the point in doing that. If they do it just to show them going at it to please the audience, they could just as well do it in a dream. But I do agree that alcohol brings their inhibitions down and it would be a way to have Sheldon out of control and let more of his feelings out in the open, like he did in 6.06. I would just like them to be careful handling these two, they're very precious, and to "ruin" them just to give something to the audience too soon would be terrible. 

So yeah, alcohol/drugs as a catalyst, I'm all for it, alcohol/drugs as an excuse, not a fan. 

There have been too many things done using drunkeness as the excuse. Let us never forget 4x24. It would be sad for Sheldon to do something out of character while drunk and then have to deal with the repercussions.

• Like 1

I think it would be funny to see Amy sign sheldon up for the same science experiment she did where you induce orgasm by stimulating the pleasure centers of the brain.   She wouldn't necessarily have to tell him thats what experiment was about, but I think he'd sign up for it cause he likes having electrodes stuck to his head and once he was all strapped in give Amy the button and watch her tease and please him til he BEGS for MERCY!!!! :icon_lol:

It be a good way to do something "sexual'  and move them further along path, but not be actual Sex, more scientific in nature which fits SHAMY's personality.  I miss them doing science-y things together.  Lately its been more playing games or arguing about silly stuff.  But, to me their science experiments like the gossip one they did or the time they tried to determine whether her symptoms meant menopause or sexual arousal lol or the time Sheldon went to work in Amy's lab were great SHAMY episodes that made them grow closer by the end. 

I also like the idea of them being partners in crime again like when they came on campus to spray paint Howard's name off Sheldon's parking space.  I like the idea of the two of them breaking into the university in middle of night to pull a prank or maybe steal back equpiment that was stolen from Sheldon by another colleague.  Its fun because it plays into Sheldon villanious side and makes Amy look like his confident Ride or Die girl willing to do whatever it takes even go to jail just to help her man out.  Even funnier if next time they do get scolded by campus secruity and have to go see Human Resources lady Regina King again who makes Sheldon do community service on campus to make up for stealing.  THen after receiving his punishment Sheldon just makes Alex do it instead and takes Amy out for ice cream lol

Edited by Superlovelexi

I've actually always wondered how exactly they stimulated her "pleasure centers"... Unless they used TMS or tDCS, which I'm not sure would work for that since it's more interference than stimulation per se, they would have had to cut her head open and stick electrodes in there, lol. You can't use EEG electrodes to stimulate brain areas. I just suspend my disbelief in that scene because it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Well I'm not sure about all the science involved with it maybe in BBT universe they were testing brand new electrodes that can stimulate your brain without cutting into your head.  I'm sure writers were just making some silly joke, but I thought it was funny and sounds like it be a hilarious experiment to see Sheldon participate in..or really any other more realistic experiment involving physical stimulation of a pleasureable nature would be cool too just long as its funny and brings Shamy closer together.

Lexi, I also love it when Amy is Sheldon's accomplice, like with the parking spot or Fun with Flags.  Those moments show she gets his quirkiness in a way other people don't.

• Like 1

I've actually always wondered how exactly they stimulated her "pleasure centers"... Unless they used TMS or tDCS, which I'm not sure would work for that since it's more interference than stimulation per se, they would have had to cut her head open and stick electrodes in there, lol. You can't use EEG electrodes to stimulate brain areas. I just suspend my disbelief in that scene because it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Your post motivated me to google those procedures. :) As you said, it doesn't seem like any of those would be useful for 'stimulating pleasure centers' specifically. 

I also found this:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=a-sex-chip

But this describes an invasive procedure of implanting electrodes in the brain or spine, as I understand.

LOL! I work with the people mentioned in that article!!!! haha. Not on sex chips though! lol.

Edited by spook

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl
LOL! I work with the people mentioned in that article!!!! haha. Not on sex chips though! lol.

maybe you should :p

i wouldn't mind having one of those  :icon_lol:

I'm sure the funding would come flowing in for a project like that. Especially from companies that make condoms.