The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

6.12 The Egg Salad Equivalency (Jan. 3)

Your Episode Rating  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Sorry but sometimes I get a little sick of Sheldon. It seems that everything the guys do to him is ten time worse than what he does to them. He is such a drama queen and he gets on my nerves. Now he has gotten everyone in trouble at their place of employment, their lively hood, and I know everyone will laugh at first, but if you think about it and if you put yourself it the guys place all you would want to do is kill him, and I don't mean that in a funny way. I know I will like the episode because there is a lot of other stuff in it, but Sheldon's part in it just makes me cringe, again.

• Like 1

Sorry but sometimes I get a little sick of Sheldon. It seems that everything the guys do to him is ten time worse than what he does to them. He is such a drama queen and he gets on my nerves. Now he has gotten everyone in trouble at their place of employment, their lively hood, and I know everyone will laugh at first, but if you think about it and if you put yourself it the guys place all you would want to do is kill him, and I don't mean that in a funny way. I know I will like the episode because there is a lot of other stuff in it, but Sheldon's part in it just makes me cringe, again.

A little early to comment on the episode before watching it, don't you think? Even if you've read the taping report (I have), things often play out quite differently on screen than they seem in the report.

But he's their drama queen!

The thing is, they all have their roles to play in their group dynamic and sometimes you just have to put up with the bad things about a person because within your microcosm, it's either not that bad, or maybe the good outweighs the bad.

Sheldon has the capacity to do very good things to save people's butts sometimes, even if he may gripe about it.  He lent Penny money with no strings attached, he drove her to the hospital, even though he can barely drive.  He saved Leonard's life and kept their secret about the elevator, he saved Raj from being deported by offering him a job working for him, and he did do his best to try to correct his error after he inadvertantly told the FBI agent about the Mars Rover incident.

He's also part of their collective brain--when they all need to come together to figure something out--like how to fix Howard's space toilet--his intelligence is part of their collective resources.  For that, they put up with his long list of quirks and rules, etc.

ETA: I think that also, the guys all recognize that if they were to really reject him, he would be in a very difficult place, considering his weaknesses.  I think that they all feel a certain degree of compassion for him and maybe they all realize that they're all in essentially the same boat.  Yes, he's aggravating, but so are each of them, in their own ways.  But within their group they've all found acceptance and support.

:)

Edited by phantagrae
  • Like 4

So excited Regina King is in this episode.  I love her she's such a great actress.   Funny that she was also in Miss Congeniality Armed and Fabulous with Sandra Bullock and Raj just called out that movie for being terrible and killing the franchise and now she's guest starring on TBBT.  :D

I also like the photos for this episode especially one of Leonard

Edited by Superlovelexi

Is January third a real problem? You can watch it online at the CBS website, they post it within a couple of days. If you can't wait that long there are free tv websites that post the episodes within a couple of hours after they air. The timing on the CBS website may be off, I usually watch on one of the free sites later that night. in either case no commercials to interrupt the story.

Three weeks is too long to wait when you know there is a good episode coming next. I am really interested how the actors will handle the scenes in this episode. Will they be just funny or are we going to get some serious character growth along with the humor. The taping reports are nice but you really don't know how the scenes will play out until you actually see them.

• Like 1

I'm mildly bummed--I just found out that back in my town (right now I'm at my parents' house) they've had a lot of snow and a lot of the city is without power. At this point my neighborhood still has power, but who knows if it will stay on?

I'm counting on my VCR to record the episode, but if the power goes out... :(

I should get to see it at my sister's house, but i want it recorded so I can rewatch it over and over...

Edited by phantagrae

I hope this isn't Margo's last episode. I like her character and I would like her for Raj for Valentines day.

Same. I love Margo.

I will be the first to know if she is in anymore because Margo's mother always let's my Margo facebook fans group know first. I get the scoop! haha.

I hope this isn't Margo's last episode. I like her character and I would like her for Raj for Valentines day.

I like the actress and wouldn't mind seeing her on some more episodes.  The only problem with her character is that she's actively pursuing a man she knows to be in a committed relationship, which to me is a turn-off.

• Like 3

At the moment her character will have fulfilled her purpose on Jan 3rd. They could use her for another purpose, like starting a Raj relationship, then keep her on as a recurring character. The problem with that is there is not enough airtime to support all the characters as it is, so starting a Raj/Alex storyline means cutting into time for the other three couples. Raj at the moment just supports the couples during their plot times. The Raj/Stuart thing is a waste of time, they are doing nothing with it.

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 2

T minus 8 days and counting! I'm sure power will be back then :)

The problem is that if the power goes out at all, the VCR will lose the recording settings.

I've checked some friends' FB posts and I haven't seen anything about my neighborhood being out, but apparently at least one little tree on our building's property got broken down by the ice and snow.

Crossing my fingers that the power stayed on!

I just watched the rerun where they introduced Alex and my 14-yr-old nephew said something like, "she's cute!" LOL!