The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Episode 2.15 (Feb 9th)

How is it that, at the beginning of the episode, Penny can hear their singing all the way across the hall, and through two doors, yet, at the end, Leonard can't hear Sheldon and Beverly screaming like a couple of Banshees, while standing right outside the front door?

The Lime Kiss has become a legendary scene, but such a lot happens in this ep. I get the feeling the showrunners have slowed things down since they put Shamy in front.

A couple of details I noticed on the (some large number)th reviwing.

(1) When Leonard comes to Penny's apt and asks for alcohol, she pours him the last of the bottle of white wine she is drinking. Then she takes another bottle of white off the top of the fridge, not from inside. Is she drinking white wine at room temp? later when they have switched to tequila we see the wine bottle unopened as far as I can see on the coffee table.

(2) When Sheldon and Beverly are discussing doing some undefined thing together ( which we are given to believe is sexual but later turns out to be ghastly singing) there is more on-screen sexual chemistry between S & B than there ever is between Sheldon and Amy - even in 9.11)

Rewatched this. I agree S and B do have more sexual chemistry on screen. Then S and A. Shamy have always been a relationship of the mind. Even though they have had sex lately. It does feel the show have slowed things down, since Shamy were put in the forefront. I thought this was the first episode. That showed Lenny from a deep psychological point of view. .They have a deep connection. Through their similar backgrounds with their parents. 

Edited by 3ku11

As Beverley and Penny are descending the stairs, at the end of the episode, Penny says:-

I mean, my mom could’ve just said, “Bob, get over it, she’s a girl, move on.” But she didn’t. Not one word.

Just one problem. Penny's father is Wyatt, not Bob.

9 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

As Beverley and Penny are descending the stairs, at the end of the episode, Penny says:-

I mean, my mom could’ve just said, “Bob, get over it, she’s a girl, move on.” But she didn’t. Not one word.

Just one problem. Penny's father is Wyatt, not Bob.

Yeah, the character got renamed. The first seasons in general are riddled with Early Installment Weirdness.

• Like 1

Perhaps she called him Bob sometimes. Lots of people called an Adrian Tucker I knew 'Tommy' and his wife did so occasionally.

4 minutes ago, joyceraye said:

Perhaps she called him Bob sometimes. Lots of people called an Adrian Tucker I knew 'Tommy' and his wife did so occasionally.

I doubt his daughter would call him by a nickname.

24 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

I doubt his daughter would call him by a nickname.

She wouldn't but it's possible her mother might do so at times.