Last Names And Ancestries Of The Main Character?

robertc

I can't recall the episode, but when Leonard starting dating Priya, he mentioned he had some American Indian ancestry (Native American). I suppose they were talking about what her parents would think of her dating someone who was not from India. And he said something like he had an ancestor who was Indian, but the wrong kind. Does anyone recall what episode this is?

4 minutes ago, TLW said:

I can't recall the episode, but when Leonard starting dating Priya, he mentioned he had some American Indian ancestry (Native American). I suppose they were talking about what her parents would think of her dating someone who was not from India. And he said something like he had an ancestor who was Indian, but the wrong kind. Does anyone recall what episode this is?

I think it may have been S4 E16 "The Cohabitation Formulation"

12 hours ago, TLW said:

It wasn't when they started dating, that was S4 E16, as Mario pointed out.  

12 hours ago, Mario D. said:

I think it may have been S4 E16 "The Cohabitation Formulation"

However, the line comes from S4 E6 The Irish Pub Formalization.  After spending the night with Leonard, he mentions moving to India so they can continue dating and there is this set of lines:

Priya: Mm-mm. And besides, I could never bring a white boy home to my parents. They’d have a cow. Which is a much bigger deal in India.

Leonard: I’m not that white. My great-great grandmother was half Cherokee. I know that’s not the right kind of Indian but it is something.

Priya: Aha, you’re funny.

And, not sure why Leonard would put it that way.  If his Great-great-grandmother was half Cherokee, that would mean either his great-great-great grandmother or great-great-great grandfather was full Cherokee.

On 4/5/2022 at 11:17 PM, Sliktronik said:

Penny’s real name is Bridgite Penelope Hennessy…

Nope, her maiden name has never been revealed.  The only last name the show has officially mentioned for her is Hofstadter.  You can find reports or comments in various places on the internet claiming her maiden name was "Teller", due to the screen cap of the label, on the package Sheldon brings to her in S2 E18 The Work Song Nano-cluster.  However, the creators, producers, and writers insist her last name has never been divulged.  Which would mean, at least to me, that the prop people put a wrong name on the label to complete it and it would not be considered her real name.  Which means  the company that sent the package, in universe, put an incorrect name on the label. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tensor said:

However, the line comes from S4 E6 The Irish Pub Formalization.  After spending the night with Leonard, he mentions moving to India so they can continue dating and there is this set of lines:

Priya: Mm-mm. And besides, I could never bring a white boy home to my parents. They’d have a cow. Which is a much bigger deal in India.

Leonard: I’m not that white. My great-great grandmother was half Cherokee. I know that’s not the right kind of Indian but it is something.

And, not sure why Leonard would put it that way.  If his Great-great-grandmother was half Cherokee, that would mean either his great-great-great grandmother or great-great-great grandfather was full Cherokee.

Nope, her maiden name has never been revealed.  The only last name the show has officially mentioned for her is Hofstadter.  You can find reports or comments in various places on the internet claiming her maiden name was "Teller", due to the screen cap of the label, on the package Sheldon brings to her in S2 E18 The Work Song Nano-cluster.  However, the creators, producers, and writers insist her last name has never been divulged.  Which would mean, at least to me, that the prop people put a wrong name on the label to complete it and it would not be considered her real name.  Which means  the company that sent the package, in universe, put an incorrect name on the label. 

Yeah, the name Bridget Hennessy was from the "8 Simple Rules" show. 

5 hours ago, Tensor said:

As usual you are correct. I guess I was in the right church but the wrong pew. Why didn't Leonard realize then that this was only a fling to Priya and would not lead to any real committment?

Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2022 at 1:55 AM, Tensor said:

Sounds like someone was trying make a play on words: "Penny Teller - Penn and Teller"... Nothing to see here. Everybody go on about their business...

Edited by HeWolf
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, HeWolf said:

Sounds like someone was trying make a play on words: Penny Teller - Penn and Teller"... Nothing to see here. Everybody go on about their business...

Yeah, go on about their business.  You should see how hostile some people get when you point this out.  I had an interesting experience trying to edit Wikipedia, showing Penny’s last name was Hofstadter.  One person claimed the show never specifically said she changed her name.  I pointed out she was called Mrs. Hofstadter on several occasions, and provided a screen cap of Penny’s badge in The Convention Valuation.  I was told screen caps didn’t count, so of course I was on it when that person used the package screen cap to claim her maiden name was Teller, I pointed out that, according to them, screen caps didn’t matter.  Naturally they were pissed off when I point out their Hypocrisy. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Tensor said:

Yeah, go on about their business.  You should see how hostile some people get when you point this out.  I had an interesting experience trying to edit Wikipedia, showing Penny’s last name was Hofstadter.  One person claimed the show never specifically said she changed her name.  I pointed out she was called Mrs. Hofstadter on several occasions, and provided a screen cap of Penny’s badge in The Convention Valuation.  I was told screen caps didn’t count, so of course I was on it when that person used the package screen cap to claim her maiden name was Teller, I pointed out that, according to them, screen caps didn’t matter.  Naturally they were pissed off when I point out their Hypocrisy. 

Way to go Tell it like it is!!

1 hour ago, Tensor said:

I'll take your word over other people. People do get upset when they are proven wrong pointing out that they used the very same proof that they supposedly debunked. Some folks don't remember what they posted. 😄

8 hours ago, HeWolf said:

Sounds like someone was trying make a play on words: Penny Teller - Penn and Teller"... Nothing to see here. Everybody go on about their business...

Agreed. 

• Like 1