The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
annieogly

Penny & Sheldon Shippers Thread

This is a new thread to celebrate Penny and Sheldon - a great ship and also entirely probable in the forthcoming seasons. We'll discuss this relationship and also how it positively can happen.

• Like 1

Just saw The Decoupling Fluctuation and Doug you are so sharp, Penny leaves the couch just as Amy discusses her 4 year marriage plan, returns and has no idea what they are discussing. Clever. Also Penny says she 'loves Leonard' but worries if she says it aloud to him, 'he will take it the wrong way..' That's for the sweeps' episode.....So there's the set-up but already. We'll see what the spring and the writers have to bring.'

Edited by annieogly
  • Like 1

What was wrong with the other thread devoted to this same topic?   :)

Personally I think it's a stretch and requires a great deal of creative interpretations, but I have no desire to ruin other peoples'  speculation, so have fun...and don't let it ruin the show for you if the canon pairings end up being exactly what the writers intended :D

Edited by Europa
  • Like 1

What was wrong with the other thread devoted to this same topic? :)

Personally I think it's a stretch and requires a great deal of creative interpretations, but I have no desire to ruin other peoples' speculation, so have fun...and don't let it ruin the show for you if the canon pairings end up being exactly what the writers intended :D

It was quite righty pointed out that the other thread posed the question 'sheldon and penny maybe?' this one does not. It's just for shennys to enjoy shipping the paradox. I may not be a shenny but everyone is entitled to ship whoever they please. Personally I don't see it as much of a threat but is it vaguely fascinating in an odd sort of way.

Although I think calling it entirely probable might get you into trouble Annie. ;)

Edited by Moonbase
  • Like 1

It was quite righty pointed out that the other thread posed the question 'sheldon and penny maybe?' this one does not. It's just for shennys to enjoy shipping the paradox. I may not be a shenny but everyone is entitled to ship whoever they please. Personally I don't see it as much of a threat but is it vaguely fascinating in an odd sort of way.

Although I think calling it entirely probable might get you into trouble Annie. ;)

Naturally Moonbase, somehow my ideas seem to threaten people to the point they follow me here. Of course the reason is they are worried my comments might bear fruit otherwise they'd just laugh and ignore me. I certainly find it terribly easy to ignore their ships....hmmmm

The Decouplation Fluctuation was quite interesting tonight to see what the writers' laid out which may or may not come to pass...

Guys, let them have their thread.

While the title is asking for trouble, by chasing them around the forum you're just taking their bait and confirming their ideas that their speculations threaten you. And you're just going to get annoyed coming here anyway, so what's the point?

I know I'd be annoyed having people troll the Shamy threads, so I think they have the right to have their own thread where they can fantasize about their ship in peace, as likely or unlikely as it may be. At the end of the day, the writers do what they want to do and no amount of arguing or speculation is going to change that. It's not like they're going to come here and say "Oh look there's 2 people who want Shenny, we should make that happen!". So, unless the Shenny's are deliberately making their far-fetched speculations in episode threads or Lenny/Shamy threads, I don't see the point in having to shoot them down every chance we get. Let them have one thread where they can speculate freely and save your anti-Shenny arguments for other threads, should the topic come up. As far as ship threads are concerned, I seriously believe it's best for everyone if we each mind our own ships.

On the other hand, Annie, you should know that not everyone is aware of the discussion that went on in the S5 thread and not everyone knows that this was opened to be a Shenny haven, so don't be surprised if you get people coming here and spoiling your fun given the title you picked. Although I do think you enjoy stirring the pot, so you probably don't even mind that much. 

• Like 3

Since this has been pegged (from previous discussions, though still not obvious from the title) as a purely romantic-Shenny fan thread, I think we should let annieogly and Doug have their bit of fun. And just lurk sometimes for entertainment. :)

• Like 3

I don't buy into this ship or believe it to be plausible. But, Annie, I hope you have a great time discussing it with those that think like you. Enjoy your thread!

I agree with pretty much everything Spook says above and I also love the Shamy! However, out of interest, and quoting from Spook's post 'the writers do what they want to do', what if this runs for 10 series and they decide to use Shenny to keep the show alive a little longer?

For this to happen though, as I see it, there would have had to have been a physical relationship between Sheldon and Amy which ran its course. Likewise, Leonard and Penny would have needed to have come to an amicable end.

I can't see either Penny or Sheldon having an epiphany about their feelings but perhaps the writers could bring them together with a drunken one night stand or a grief-stricken comfort shag that ends in pregnancy. There's comedy mileage in a couple brought together out of duty who both love and hate eachother in equal measures.

Prob not the romantic story the Shenny's want though! Any other ideas?

I think if they wanted to they could do it. I don't think it would make much sense, but crazy things do happen on television shows in their latter years. Mulder leaving the XF sounded insane before it happened. I was never a big friends fan, but the whole Joey Rachel thing just struck me as weird. I think Sheldon and Penny would be weirder but it's still possible as long as the show is on the air.

It's possible, but not probable. I didn't think even the most optimistic Shenny shippers still thought it likely.

This thread was created to be a supportive thread for shippers of Penny & Sheldon. If you're not a P/S shipper there are plenty of places on the forum to discuss why you don't think Penny & Sheldon will/should happen, so could we please leave this one thread for the shippers of P/S to talk amongst themselves? By all means, continue to disagree in the other threads but let's leave this thread to the P/S shippers.

I have hidden quite a few posts in this new thread - not because they broke the rules, just because they didn't fit the spirit of this particular thread.

Ok.  I am opposed to this idea but I do like brainstorming and I don't see any harm in it so if it is ok I will play along.

I don't read or write fan fiction so I apologize if the following has already been thought of.  My idea is really not new it is just cobbled from the bombardment of stories we all hear now but I promise I am not trying to steal anyone's idea.

With that out of the way...

I see the main hurdle is that as they are Sheldon will never respect Penny.  It would require too much of a character change and I don't think it would sell.

So I think you have to bring her to him and bridge that gap.  Obviously they can't suddenly make her smart in any normal educational topic.  But they can give her a hidden talent.

I think you have a birthday party for Bernadette.  She has asked for electronic keyboard because she has always wanted to learn to play.  They set it up for her but it looks as if the moment will be anti-climatic because no one seems to be able to play it where Sheldon steps up because he had some lessons as a child.  He plays serviceably well, nothing great.  Penny was watching him as he played and states that it looks easy.  Sheldon does his Sheldon thing about how it took 3 years setting up the predictable joke that Penny immediately can play with no prior lessons.  She copies what Sheldon did then starts playing something new.  It turns out it is something she has been humming for years.  It makes a huge impact on Sheldon who demands to know the name of the song so he can buy it.  Research research research and Sheldon realizes that Penny has created this masterpiece herself.

I don't really care how you get rid of Amy.  This is all of the top of my head so someone else can figure out that part.

Sheldon goes overboard as usual and before Penny realizes he has invested a ton of money in renting a venue for her to play it in front of a live audience.  He insists it must be so.  Penny realizes that Leonard did not invest himself.  She doesn't hold it against him because she realizes it is risky but obviously we have to have Sheldon being the only one that truly believes in her to put the first cracks in L/S.

You do the usual crap where she is scared blah blah blah.  Sheldon pushes her blah blah blah.

Ok so in a typical and ridiculous conclusion she is a smashing success and Sheldon tells her as he hands her flowers when she is coming off stage that she has never been more beautiful.  She realizes this is the first time someone believed in her and saw her for something more than pretty.  Plus it doesn't hurt that her take after expenses gives her a nice chunk of change.

Obviously the storyline has to go on and on for a long time before this bears fruit but it plants the seed.

I think it is believeable (as believable as this thing gets) because she is portrayed as a bit of a tom boy growing up so her exposure to music could be less.  They don't devote much time to music in the show so we don't know that much about what they like and don't other than they like to play one of those band games.  It is not outrageous that music could speak to Sheldon in a way that normal language can't but that as a scientist he didn't devote much time to exploring music.  He probably grew up hearing country music.  No offense to people who like that genre.

It is corny.  It has been done plenty of times in plenty of ways but so has every romantic comedy.

I am sure someone will come up with something better.  I only spent about 10 minutes fleshing this out.

Edited by Ar Diem

Nice attempt Ar Diem; actually the writers have set the stage for Penny being smart but ill-educated, as at the end of last season she beat Leonard at chess, three times, much to his chagrin.  This season she beat Sheldon at Pictionary. Many Shenny shippers are very familiar with the classic 30's hollywood comedies: clueless innocent intellectual vs street-smart uneducated girl; wherein the intellectual learns about life from the girl.

The writers are maturing Sheldon emotionally & really all they need to do to have him show Penny greater respect (she is his friend, unlike Wolowitz the acquaintance) is to arrange some kind of social situation where he is utterly inept. Maybe  a university fundraiser and Penny saves the day by being charming and knowing how to get along with wealthy donors, netting him a big grant. It's quite easy really, it's a common trope.

This is a new thread to celebrate Penny and Sheldon - a great ship and also entirely probable in the forthcoming seasons. We'll discuss this relationship and also how it positively can happen.

If this twist were executed it would be something of a coup. A triumph of art over commerce. Sail on here. :)

Nice attempt Ar Diem; actually the writers have set the stage for Penny being smart but ill-educated, as at the end of last season she beat Leonard at chess, three times, much to his chagrin.  This season she beat Sheldon at Pictionary. Many Shenny shippers are very familiar with the classic 30's hollywood comedies: clueless innocent intellectual vs street-smart uneducated girl; wherein the intellectual learns about life from the girl.

The writers are maturing Sheldon emotionally & really all they need to do to have him show Penny greater respect (she is his friend, unlike Wolowitz the acquaintance) is to arrange some kind of social situation where he is utterly inept. Maybe  a university fundraiser and Penny saves the day by being charming and knowing how to get along with wealthy donors, netting him a big grant. It's quite easy really, it's a common trope.

We have already had plenty of scenes where he recognizes her worth as a life coach but that does not garner his respect.  Her being ill-educated has always seemed like it was her choice which is usually means she just wasn't any good at anything.  We know she is not good at math, science, or history.

The writers having him show her greater respect is where I may have to exit this thread.  Sheldon's disrepect for his inferiors is a core staple of the show.  You do away with that and you have another Leonard.

I also think people misunderstand him.  He has always been emotional.  What the writers are doing is making him less self-centric.

Just saw The Decoupling Fluctuation and Doug you are so sharp, Penny leaves the couch just as Amy discusses her 4 year marriage plan, returns and has no idea what they are discussing. Clever. Also Penny says she 'loves Leonard' but worries if she says it aloud to him, 'he will take it the wrong way..' That's for the sweeps' episode.....So there's the set-up but already. We'll see what the spring and the writers have to bring.'

We do not know if Penny heard or not.

From what she said plus the writers having her go to the kitchen it is very likely she did not.

Otherwise the writers had no reason to send her to the kitchen.

It can also be  the writers will not follow up on what they did.

We have already had plenty of scenes where he recognizes her worth as a life coach but that does not garner his respect.  Her being ill-educated has always seemed like it was her choice which is usually means she just wasn't any good at anything.  We know she is not good at math, science, or history.

The writers having him show her greater respect is where I may have to exit this thread.  Sheldon's disrepect for his inferiors is a core staple of the show.  You do away with that and you have another Leonard.

I also think people misunderstand him.  He has always been emotional.  What the writers are doing is making him less self-centric.

Too much respect would be bad since the quips they toss at each other can be flirtish like in Moonlighting.

Also has Sheldon ever challenge Penny and won?

Video games, prank wars(even if Penny cheated), pictionary  and wresting Penny wins.

I know there must be a time but off the top of my head I can not think of it.

This thread was created to be a supportive thread for shippers of Penny & Sheldon. If you're not a P/S shipper there are plenty of places on the forum to discuss why you don't think Penny & Sheldon will/should happen, so could we please leave this one thread for the shippers of P/S to talk amongst themselves? By all means, continue to disagree in the other threads but let's leave this thread to the P/S shippers.

I have hidden quite a few posts in this new thread - not because they broke the rules, just because they didn't fit the spirit of this particular thread.

So we are supposed just let these people lie to themselves? I know you have crazy shenny people saying they are being bullied but that is not the case at all. Saying what Kaley Cuoco and the Creator's themselves have said isn't bullying. It isn't breaking any rules.

So let me get this straight we cant debate or come in here because it would BOTHER Annieology and Doug?  Well this should remain a boring thread if you cant post on here in fear of negativity.  

So we are supposed just let these people lie to themselves? I know you have crazy shenny people saying they are being bullied but that is not the case at all. Saying what Kaley Cuoco and the Creator's themselves have said isn't bullying. It isn't breaking any rules.

It is breaking a rule.  Common etiquette.  If you see a little girl having a tea party with stuffed animals do you break up her fun by making her see reality?  What the admin here has done is said you can be a debbie downer on this subject in every other thread but this one because allowing people to have fun is worth protecting.  There is no harm being done here and absolutely no reason why you should be taking this so seriously.  It is just a TV show.

• Like 8

I can see both sides of the argument. I do agree that it's kind of disturbing to have this obsession with shooting the Shenny's down, they can be free to discuss whatever they like, there's no rule against shipping ships that aren't canon. But I do find it weird that posts that were perfectly civil were deleted from this thread... Admins do not go in the other threads to delete posts arguing against the Shamy or the Lenny, why do they do it for the Shenny?  :icon_confused: They are essentially saying you can only post here if you love Shenny and want to discuss how it's going to happen, but then why don't we lock all other ship threads to people who don't like those ships? It's a bit absurd, if you ask me. 

• Like 1

The shenny's are asking for one thread. I don't see what the big deal is.

Oh I know, as I said I'm totally supportive of this thread. I'm just wondering why some posts were deleted when they weren't being rude or obnoxious but simply discussing the likelihood of the ship. Anyway, I'm out of here because I don't care :)

• Like 3

The shenny's are asking for one thread. I don't see what the big deal is.

same honestly, slicknickshady i dont see why you cant accept that people have  a different opinion, most shennys actually know its never going to happen but they still like it regardless 

• Like 2

same honestly, slicknickshady i dont see why you cant accept that people have  a different opinion, most shennys actually know its never going to happen but they still like it regardless 

Someone-is-wrong-on-internet.png

• Like 5