The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
annieogly

Penny & Sheldon Shippers Thread

Yes Klaus and Herzog in the Amazon basin, just watch the sparks. I do hear alot of creative people say they need someone to unsettle them, to make them passionate and vital.Shenny-kiss-6x04-penny-and-sheldon-32513

Edited by gaqo

Yes Klaus and Herzog in the Amazon basin, just watch the sparks. I do hear alot of creative people say they need someone to unsettle them, to make them passionate and vital.Shenny-kiss-6x04-penny-and-sheldon-32513

ICH BIN DER ZORN GOTTES! I remember first seeing that in Paris, and the entire audience, when usually we would sit up and natter awhile, sat deadly still and silent. Those manifold monkeys careening around over the ruined raft were utterly terrifying.

Yes Penny and Sheldon unsettle me. What use is comfort in a weary world? A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men. So sayeth Mr Wonka.

That's what they should do, if it does get 'weary' (Friends 2), bring in some radical directors, hypnotize the cast, explore the boundaries of the sit com, what have they got to lose?bbt-3x13.jpgtumblr_mqynbdRUZf1s372rso1_500.jpg

• Like 2

YES. What about Truffaut? He's dead, but I don't see that being an issue. He could do some sort of L'Enfant Sauvage in reverse, where Sheldon, driven mad by his inability to capture the Toad of Truth, begins to de-learn his rudimentary social skills, estranging himself from his fellow hominids, and eventually runs off to the forest to live with wolves.

tumblr_mc6q67eYNK1qasxjlo1_500.gif

Penny, consumed by ennui now that her life is bereft of its chief antagonist, follows. Naturally there's only so many wolves to go around, and Sheldon has presumably nicked them all. Hence absence of wolves. (Like the Kevin Costner movie but with less wolves)

hqdefault.jpg

Then this happens. Whatever is happening here.

tbbtnewmoon.JPG

Ultimately, human love is too complicated for Sheldon's now rudimentary brain, and he returns to the simplicity and comfort of the wolf pack.

wolves.jpg

Obviously this is just a rough sketch for Truffaut to follow. If he has his own ideas, he's free to try them out.

• Like 2

okay you've totally cheered me up this forum is officially the most intellectual and deliciously surreal. I too just want them to bring Sheldon Prime back, not the hormone-ridden doppelganger. I'm leaning to watching the premiere....

• Like 1

okay you've totally cheered me up this forum is officially the most intellectual and deliciously surreal. I too just want them to bring Sheldon Prime back, not the hormone-ridden doppelganger. I'm leaning to watching the premiere....

I don't know about intellectual, but Gaqo, Wisp and myself have certainly carved out little pockets of surreal IDIOCY around the place...(Surrealidiocy? I can't even pronounce that. I'll wait till I'm drunk) I've always been slightly concerned that we've taken over your thread with nonsense. No one was using it, and in terms of bothering anyone else, it's a little like mounting a Moose-Head on an unfrequented alley-wall. I'm glad you approve. Very relieving.

Of course you have to watch the premiere! Gadzooks man, IT HAS A KRAKEN IN IT. And emotional Peldon moments. What more could a person ask?

• Like 1

YES. What about Truffaut? He's dead, but I don't see that being an issue. He could do some sort of L'Enfant Sauvage in reverse, where Sheldon, driven mad by his inability to capture the Toad of Truth, begins to de-learn his rudimentary social skills, estranging himself from his fellow hominids, and eventually runs off to the forest to live with wolves.

tumblr_mc6q67eYNK1qasxjlo1_500.gif

Penny, consumed by ennui now that her life is bereft of its chief antagonist, follows. Naturally there's only so many wolves to go around, and Sheldon has presumably nicked them all. Hence absence of wolves. (Like the Kevin Costner movie but with less wolves)

hqdefault.jpg

Then this happens. Whatever is happening here.

tbbtnewmoon.JPG

Ultimately, human love is too complicated for Sheldon's now rudimentary brain, and he returns to the simplicity and comfort of the wolf pack.

wolves.jpg

Obviously this is just a rough sketch for Truffaut to follow. If he has his own ideas, he's free to try them out.

tumblr_mkrrg1FgCc1s86m22o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mca47sF8L41qids8so1_500.jpg

Libérer le KRAKEN!

A François Truffaut Production

With

No Assistance from that Idiot Count

That's what they should do, if it does get 'weary' (Friends 2), bring in some radical directors, hypnotize the cast, explore the boundaries of the sit com, what have they got to lose?bbt-3x13.jpgtumblr_mqynbdRUZf1s372rso1_500.jpg

OMG there is something so hot about this. LOL!

Great to have you back annieogly! I think once we enter the alternate reality, anything is possible, maybe it's like the Twilight Zone!(cue clip!!!). Thanks for the ideas for potential directors you two. I've been thinking today(yes I'm that busy!), who would be appropriate. CSI got Tarantino in, because he was a fan. I bet that boosted viewers!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU

the Kraken; who doesn't love a Kraken. Okay I'll provisionally watch....I started this thread as it was impossible to have just a fun discussion in the other threads about shenny. Everyone is way to serious for my taste. Hmm, I go for Luis Bunuel or Fellini. Maybe Fellini's "Sheligula" Sheldon in ancient Rome, think of the fun times, we could feed Leonard to the lions, Amy could tame muscular gladiators, and Penny would finally find the sandals of her dreams....

Anyway I'm still hoping those 2 crazy kids find love;  Howard & Raj.

As long as it's not Fellini's Satyricon! I'm not sure I could handle Sheldon as a hermaphrodite demi-god. What am I saying...that's a summation of his character right there...

For those who can't be arsed to watch the new episodes, for various arcane reasons, but presumably to do with some combination of gibbering rage, irritation, boredom or grief, I shall occasionally post new images here of the two faves. This way, like the sundial, you may only count the happy hours. Horas non numero nisi serenas. Although I always felt the sundial wasn't going to develop into much of a philosopher if it kept doing that.

I'm liking the sound of Season 7 myself. Aside from the Kraken, there's a scavenger hunt, begorrah! Not to mention, Season 6 had some thoroughly excellent episodes. Proton, Bakersfield,Tenure, 43, ReEntry.....I'm becoming enthralled by Helberg's acting. If the shows keeps up the odd nod to surrealism and faintly cartoonish Looney-Tunes themes, I'm perfectly content to watch it jackboot-edly march down the well-trod path of traditional romantic comedy. I'll just buy a set of dentures so I can safely grind my teeth. Why doesn't Chuck just change the name to Three and a Half Couples? Speaking of Chuck (the bloody comic genius);

CHUCK LORRE PRODUCTIONS, #187

"Awright, shut up, siddown and listen. I am da immortal spirit Sheldon Leonard and for da last few years I've been using da body of Chuck Lorre to channel my ideas for new sitcoms. For da record, he's a stinkin' lousy channel and my ideas are much better than what he's puttin' on television. Dis is why I am breaking my anonymity. No matter how specifical I tell da kid what to write, he still manages to cock it up. Dharma & Greg? What da hell was dat? I specifically said "do a show about a queer guy who loves a straight chick, and she loves him back, but they can't, you know, bump uglies." But does Lorre listen? No way Jose. The putz turns it inside out, winds up with hippie chick loves uptight lawyer and then wonders why he can't buy an Emmy. (I did find a writing team to act as a channel for dat pitch, which worked out pretty good, Emmy and cash-wise.) Anyway, back to Lorre. Couple years later while he's sleepin', I whisper to him, "Two brudders inherit a midget." Funny, right? What's Lorre do? You got it. Two and a Half Men. Gimme a break! Anyway, I decide to give the mook one last chance. While he's under da gas at the dentist, I tell him to do a show about four wise guys and a sexy dame what knows da score. So what does da knucklehead do? Scientists and a waitress! It just breaks my heart. But at least the dope managed to slip my name in dis one. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta schlep over to Milton Berle's crypt for a little pinochle with the boys."

tumblr_mtndr9o8tX1snsj31o6_1280.jpg

(Can't post the rest, god knows why. They're very amusing. Penny giving the death gaze. Like the Death Star but on a more human scale. The perils of being caught between a Sheldon and a Crazy Place. Etc)

You guys are the best! I love reading your ramblings while the boss isn't looking, which is a lot harder to get away with now the site is a screaming orange color!!!! LOL! 

I think I'm going to love this episode.

Cute as anything!

Spoiler Tv blocked these images. Boo! but I know you saw 'em ;)

Edited by Spaced_up
  • Like 2

You guys are the best! I love reading your ramblings while the boss isn't looking, which is a lot harder to get away with now the site is a screaming orange color!!!! LOL! 

RAMBLINGS, PRITHEE? Ramblings indeed...Forsooth! (I like this font size business)

If you want a subtle-looking website to click on in a "Boss Proximity" emergency, may I suggest this one?

http://cat-bounce.com/

Alternatively, if you want to look like you're "Busy", you could try my favourite page on the internet.

http://adamusprime.tumblr.com/niccagehead

I should probably have clarified that as "Busy Going Mad"

tumblr_mbg6zdDXqy1r79k9c.gif

Just click to this at the office if taken unawares: http://www.acmuller.net/yogacara/articles/buddhist_steps.html#div-I

their brain will crack...

And then quote below:  I guarantee people will flee...muahahaha!

There is no such thing as the subject that thinks or entertains ideas.

— Ludwig Wittgenstein

Edited by annieogly
  • Like 1

“A dog cannot lie, neither can he be sincere. A dog may be expecting his master to come. Why can’t he be expecting him to come next Wednesday? Is it because he doesn’t have language? If a lion could speak, we would not be able to understand what he said. Why do I say such a thing....”

Screen-shot-2011-12-30-at-21.01_b.jpg

Yes I know this isn't Wittgenstein. And yes this is getting off-topic.

I'll go away and start a Wittgenstein thread (the insanely logical bastard)

I'm enjoying that brain-gibbering article by the way...but then I used to read Transcendental Phenomenology for fun, so some people are just masochists.

To return vaguely to the topic at hand, this could be considered applicable to those who ship AU.

"This was our paradox: no course of action could be determined by a rule, because any course of action can be made out to accord with the rule"

Whatever you say, Ludwig.

• Like 1

“A dog cannot lie, neither can he be sincere. A dog may be expecting his master to come. Why can’t he be expecting him to come next Wednesday? Is it because he doesn’t have language? If a lion could speak, we would not be able to understand what he said. Why do I say such a thing....”

Screen-shot-2011-12-30-at-21.01_b.jpg

Yes I know this isn't Wittgenstein. And yes this is getting off-topic.

I'll go away and start a Wittgenstein thread (the insanely logical bastard)

I'm enjoying that brain-gibbering article by the way...but then I used to read Transcendental Phenomenology for fun, so some people are just masochists.

To return vaguely to the topic at hand, this could be considered applicable to those who ship AU.

"This was our paradox: no course of action could be determined by a rule, because any course of action can be made out to accord with the rule"

Whatever you say, Ludwig.

I think it's fun too and your last quote is spot on for those who reside in this forum. But then as our favourite lad says: " Well, the Germans have always been a comforting people."

And as a  tribute to the new season, I've written and posted a fanfiction here

Edited by annieogly
  • Like 1

big-bang-theory-drinking-game.jpgI don't know much about Wittgenstein, except that when he wrote his most important treatise, he lived in a small shack on the side of a Norwegian fjord, and ate nothing but baked beans. I suppose with no input, it forces us to be creative!!!  If the next season is slow, we could always try TBBT drinking game to liven things up!!!

Edited by gaqo
  • Like 3

While I appreciate all your 'dead directors' suggestions for TBBT(and those scenes from Le Chien Andalou; the guy dragging the priests, pianos with dead donkeys on them, and the ants nest in the hand; have haunted my subconscioushttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrObX0bsg9k) I suggest Joe Cornish, nerdy, the right age and alive. He used to star in The Adam and Joe Show, before he became a director http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wSKPTzwdo4.

• Like 1

While I appreciate all your 'dead directors' suggestions for TBBT(and those scenes from Le Chien Andalou; the guy dragging the priests, pianos with dead donkeys on them, and the ants nest in the hand; have haunted my subconscioushttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrObX0bsg9k) I suggest Joe Cornish, nerdy, the right age and alive. He used to star in The Adam and Joe Show, before he became a director http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wSKPTzwdo4.

Dead directors could be re-animated in a Halloween show involving Sheldon as Dr. Victor mwhahaha! It's alive... Gaqo hmm how about the Coen brothers ?

• Like 1

Dead directors could be re-animated in a Halloween show involving Sheldon as Dr. Victor mwhahaha! It's alive... Gaqo hmm how about the Coen brothers ?

Yes, the Cohen Brothers would be perfect! Nerdy, Jewish, not dead, (Ethan even wrote his thesis on Wittgenstein's later philosophy). They are tuned in to the quirkyness of America. Have you seen Darren Aronofsky's first film, Pi?  Max, the protagonist, is a mathematician who analyses mathematical patterns in the Torah, using a computer, until some ants get into it and short out the circuits. (Ants seem to be appearing everywhere!). I was listening to a radio programme yesterday, and they were discussing how much films and programmes affect the way we see, and act in the world. We become characters, with our own plots, dialogues and soundtracks. Life and Art reflecting each other! ( I like our BBC radio 3. It has some intelligent discussion programmes, plays, etc)pi03.jpg

• Like 2

I think it's fun too and your last quote is spot on for those who reside in this forum. But then as our favourite lad says: " Well, the Germans have always been a comforting people."

And as a  tribute to the new season, I've written and posted a fanfiction here

I tried to read your story, and ended up feeling like I'd been pantsed by a superior intellect....

A plague on you and your latin-wrangling brain. A PLAGUE!

I speak gobbledigook fluently, however, if you ever need anything translated.

As for Gaqo and his talk of man's intentional mythologising - I'll get to you later mateybob! Whether art mirrors man, or man mirrors art is a topic I'm rather obsessed with. Even now I feel the spasmodic eye-twitching that accompanies true fanaticism setting in upon me. Or perhaps I just need a glass of wine...Yes...yes, that's it. Thank god for that revelation.

• Like 1

gaqo; I'd heard of the Aronofsky film now I want to see it, love the gifs. The art and life discussion fits right into my interest in yogacara philosophy: 'that all phenomenal existance is fabricated by consciouness.'  I'm glad you like my suggestion of the Coens and had no idea about Ethan, makes it even better.

Cher Count Wally; you called a plague upon me!  That's the 2nd best insult I've received and I shall treasure it; the first and best haughtily noted my incorrect apodosis.

The story is indeed all mine but I'm a Latin student and I was helped  by a grad student and my co-writer  a senior lecturer in Latin so I cannot claim intellectual superiority. We could weigh our brains and compare. T'would be amusing to while away a lengthy afternoon.

• Like 1

Cher Count Wally; you called a plague upon me!  That's the 2nd best insult I've received and I shall treasure it; the first and best haughtily noted my incorrect apodosis.

The story is indeed all mine but I'm a Latin student and I was helped  by a grad student and my co-writer  a senior lecturer in Latin so I cannot claim intellectual superiority. We could weigh our brains and compare. T'would be amusing to while away a lengthy afternoon.

Who would support our non-sentient corpses whilst our brains were weighed? Are they to roam the grounds unattended? I do not feel sufficient thought has been put into this venture.

The fabric of reality was rupturing! I hope that film Pi is as I remember it. It was just that Max had some shared traits with Sheldon, so I was adding Aronofsky to our hypothetical list. I'm wary of recommending films, as I once did with my brother, Eraserhead! He assembled his friends, and they were baffled! Yes Eastern philosophy has alot to offer. We can add it to the panopoly of topics on this thread. I find it fascinating how ideas moved from country to country, gaining a new perspective as they travelled; like buddhism, which when it reached Japan became Zen. I used to read about four hours a day, and incorporated alot of new ideas. So now I can live in a contended, optimistic(smug!!) way. As to TBBT drinking game. I thought we could create our own absurd version, ( I'll have to buy a thimble, as I never consume much. Just enough to get the blood moving, without deleting neurons!). 1.drink a thimble full every time Kaley admires Jim's sublime honesty! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=756jykSpzDg

Art is not a mirror to reflect reality, but a hammer with which to shape it.

Bertolt Brecht

Edited by gaqo