The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
annieogly

Penny & Sheldon Shippers Thread

Gaqo, whilst I appreciate that you and Wisp have some sort of enduring romance going on with Eminem, his charms are lost on me. This is not an invitation to bombard me with youtube videos. At some point, when the curiosity becomes too strong to bear, I shall investigate his music of my own volition. The fact that I loathe rap however, is not setting up his case in advance.

Absurdist drama however.....

21aieci.jpgs3eov5.jpgs1oug0.jpg

I also found this....

245180193_c52d3d7f49_z.jpg?zz=1

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (sorry Jim...It's beautiful. Like "The Singer Not the Song" all over again...)

ss2232620_-_photograph_of_dirk_bogarde_a

(good grief Dirk...)

• Like 3

Damn you, Count, posting those black and white Jim pictures! I DESPERATELY want to see him acting in those old plays. (but can't be bothered to trawl Youtube.)

I've trawled. They ain't there, brother. The closest we've got to anything "art house" is this...

10828_original.gif

....and the wolf-suckling thing, obviously....and Parsons dancing in a boob-tube...etc.

Speaking of Jim and Kaley, this scene always strikes me as less Sheldon and Penny, and more Parsons and Cuoco just dicking around. Take it seriously you bastards!

sheldon-and-penny-have-spaghet-o.gif

• Like 3

Speaking of Jim and Kaley, this scene always strikes me as less Sheldon and Penny, and more Parsons and Cuoco just dicking around. Take it seriously you bastards!

sheldon-and-penny-have-spaghet-o.gif

Me too!! Personaly, I love these moments as long as the scene isn't spoiled.

Me too!! Personaly, I love these moments as long as the scene isn't spoiled.

Ditto. It's a fine line though, isn't it? I think one's tolerance for either "corpsing" or little actorish buddy-buddy in-jokes is dependent on liking the actors. Both Parsons and Cuoco are eminently likeable types. I notice Helberg getting a little twinkle in his eye sometimes that breaks the fourth wall, but I like Helberg, so I don't give a damn.

• Like 3

What the DEVIL is going on there? He's DRAPED with women! He looks a little young to be left alone with five harlots....What is he, a juvenile Mack Daddy? Good grief...

I had no idea Jim played Mack the Knife. My fondest hope is to see the blighter in some sort of Card Sharp role, or on a long con, like in The Sting. I'm also fairly certain that if he lost a foot of height and learned to tumble (and fall off buildings, trains etc), he could pull off a remarkable Buster Keaton. However, there's obviously going to be problems achieving these provisos....Card Sharp it is!

"Oh, the shark has pretty teeth, dear

And he shows them, pearly white

Just a jackknife has MacHeath, dear

And he keeps it out of sight..."

I think I'll break out the Louis Armstrong now, whilst I twirl my fedora...

Like this, no? Someone find me a Cuoco version. Every month when the interweb allowance gets rejigged, I get rather snap-happy (hence the monthly gorge of posting), but it doesn't mean I have the patience of Job, nor the technical savvyness necessary to search the billion charming Cuoco pictures out there... 

353_900.png

These two are for Wisp, who appreciates Parsons' facial expressions, and in apology for threatening to stab her in the kneecaps for not having watched The Holy Grail.

best-friends-jim-parsons-and-kaley-cuocoJim-Kaley-jim-parsons-and-kaley-cuoco-91

And here's the obligatory DOOFUS shot. D'awwww (etc)

kaley-cuoco-and-hugging-gallery.jpg

• Like 1

Do you guys feel that Shenny has been getting fed by the writers just to keep this fan base appeased. I've noticed that the writers like to have these subtle little hints of Shenny, when they've all but said "Never going to happen" So why keep feeding the Shenny fan base. Why continue to put psudeo hints in the series, Why?

Obviously it's too late now with Leonard's history with penny and Amy being around for a while. But I kind of it would have been kind of nice if Sheldon and Penny got together. They are exact opposites and I think these would work well in a couple. They are obviously fairly close friends and I would have liked to see more.

I also think Leonard and Amy would have made a great couple.

Edited by Doctor Aragonto
  • Like 2

They are exact opposites and I think these would work well in a couple. They are obviously fairly close friends and I would have liked to see more.

I don't think that would work. Sheldon has quite no interest in Penny and she would kill him after a short time.

No, just no (for both couples you suggest).

This is where fan fiction comes in, plenty Shenny stuff out there.

• Like 1

I agree with Chloe and Rach. You can talk about this at the Shenny thread or the shipping lanes thread.

P.S. Rachel your avatar!!!!So funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And he says he can't dance!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

• Like 2

I can heartily recommend the Shenny thread, it's full of fascinating people, and clever and witty posts (have you come across Count Wally yet?). It's also a safe zone, so you can discuss your ship without attack.

For the record, I do see why people see the chemistry between Sheldon and Penny, but whilst I accept opposites attract, I also accept Sartre's Existentialist quote "Hell is Other People". Penny, a dissipated 'Big ol' 5', versus Sheldon, an asexual/demisexual mysophobic can only result in mutual frustration (the closing scene of 'The Devil in Miss Jones' springs to mind). Unless there's a sea change in either character that is.

That's not to say I don't enjoy the occasional Shenny Fanfic though, would recommend those too!

• Like 1

Unless there's a sea change in either character that is.

Interesting question.  If there is a sea change in either character, does that change their dynamic to the point of them not being as interesting together?

• Like 1

Interesting question.  If there is a sea change in either character, does that change their dynamic to the point of them not being as interesting together?

Thanks Tensor. That is the answer to that question, as always. No need for screaming debate since we always end up with that as the answer after a lot of futile attempts to not end there. The show's creators and head writer have stated that they have purposely made this impossible, so it can only work in fan fiction where the characters can be freed from the show's writers and radically changed to make a coupling possible.

The purpose of the Shenny shipper's thread is to prevent further conflict on this issue.

Edited by BangerMain

Sheldon and penny? no way . this is impossible to work out.

My answer to the thread question:

Its too late for this.

And there is already a thread for the Sheldon/Penny shippers and I agree with Chloe and rachelshamyfan.

Edited by BlackWhiteRose
  • Like 1

Obviously it's too late now with Leonard's history with penny and Amy being around for a while. But I kind of it would have been kind of nice if Sheldon and Penny got together. They are exact opposites and I think these would work well in a couple. They are obviously fairly close friends and I would have liked to see more.

I also think Leonard and Amy would have made a great couple.

I totally agree with you. I think Sheldon and Penny would have been fantastic but you can't talk about it on these forums. This is the shenny thread please join us, it's wonderful to find new people seeing what we see:

Do you guys feel that Shenny has been getting fed by the writers just to keep this fan base appeased. I've noticed that the writers like to have these subtle little hints of Shenny, when they've all but said "Never going to happen" So why keep feeding the Shenny fan base. Why continue to put psudeo hints in the series, Why?

I really don't know. Maybe they don't see it that way or maybe the temptation is too hard to resist. Sheldon and Penny as a comedy duo really made the show take off. It was just okay before but it wasn't mind blowing until they put them together. This helped shape both characters and bring the show to life, so I suppose they will always want to revisit it. 

What do you mean by feeding the Shenny fanbase?

Do you mean this as a romantic relationship? Because I don't see that, and never have.

• Like 1

I don't think sECUREij means that. Please ignore this thread because it's for shenny shipping only, not debating the idea of the ship itself. 

• Like 2