The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
annieogly

Penny & Sheldon Shippers Thread

Well I usually don't write on this thread (just once I think) but I feel now it is the time. The reasons I don't usually write is a) I prefer to write only if I have something good to say(especially in a ship zone) and b ) there are some off topic conversations about things I don't even know and an extremely good level of the English language.

But I do come here from time to time because I think some of the people writing here have an extremely good sense of humor. I couldn't care less about the Shenny(although I have good feelings about Peldon and I came across that term on this thread so thank you guys!!) but that means absolutely nothing!! At the end of the day this is a SHIP zone and we can all read and laugh as we want but we cannot trash it. @ajond if you can't respect the rules at least respect the people here. You wanna start a fight?? Go write on shipping lanes. We all have our ships but that doesn't mean we can't get along and enjoy ourselves!!! That is the point of the forum after all right???

Amy writing Shenny fanfic??? LOL that should be a fic for itself!!!Haha!!! Pearl you are so funny!!! And tx Sheaton does sound awful!!! I love it!!!!!

What rules. my original comment was that someone was clutching at straws and my second comment was that i come on this thread for the belly laughs. Hardly starting a fight, talk about over sensitive. 

Speaking of intolerance, being favourable to two different concepts, how do you stand it dear madam?

All these sneering Shenny comments on the main and supposedly neutral threads….

It’s depressing to learn what a large number of mean-spirited vindictive pricks there are in the world. Particularly with the little list of people who are otherwise friendly, but then “like” the aggressive sneering comment directed at you. The only helpful thing about that list, is it enables one to sort out the decent fellows, ie the ones that don’t allow a goddamn television show preference to cloud their opinions over everything else, from the rather pathetic squabs who do.

Passive-aggressive cowards, the lot of them. And they bloody know who they are.

How the hell can a decent human being “like” a comment that essentially tells another human being to piss off because they’re different? PARTICULARLY on the forum of show that celebrates OUTSIDERS, for fucksake. You can dislike a character or pairing all you want, but to alienate, malign, abuse, and insult the PEOPLE who favour that pairing is utterly despicable, bigoted and cheap.   

The only vaguely justifiable reason for shunning, persecuting or mocking any subset of humanity, is if they’re committing genocide, not because of either a religious or romantic preference, and certainly not because of a FICTIONAL romantic preference.

If you absolutely MUST insult other fans, then keep it in your bloody ship thread, or keep it to email like a gentleman.

I keep telling myself to get the hell away from the sneering, the smugness, and self-righteous bully-boy mentality of this goddamn place. It’s rather like being gay on a forum of aggressive homophobes. Mention your preferences once and you're damned for good. Whatever noble ideals Tripper started it with, they’re being trampled and spat upon by the reigning horde of self-congratulatory fascists.

I don’t think I’ve ever encountered a more unpleasant group of people in my life.

I’d just stay in this thread like I’m constantly advised to, but the feckers come in here as well! Sigh. Over and out for a while I think, unless I can work out how to deal with this nonsense...Count Sod Off Wally.

It's not optional.

cup-coffee-icon.png

Edited by Moonbase
  • Like 1

LOL I can't write fic like Amy. She had Penny down to her bra in seconds! 

tumblr_mj5f6wbSfp1rn4qwao4_250.gif

You crack me up tx

What rules. my original comment was that someone was clutching at straws and my second comment was that i come on this thread for the belly laughs. Hardly starting a fight, talk about over sensitive.

I think it's fair to respect Tripper's guidelines. And people need a comfortable place to go and discuss their thing or they will leave. There is an economics concept of a public good. Shipping pairings is non-rivalrous. Nothing gets reduced by people shipping anything they want. And I like that I can dip in here and see a different view (not that I often do) and I have tried to learn that I don't have to stamp out opposition to my way of thinking, like a zealot. And if the Count buggers off then I think the site is worse off for that. Use the debate zones. Eta please (sorry, forgot my manners. I have headache and was short, my apologies). Edited by Nogravitasatall
  • Like 8

Remember, this is a Ship Zone. This thread is for shippers of Penny & Sheldon to talk positively about their ship amongst themselves. Anti-Penny & Sheldon people, this thread is "not for you".

• Like 1

Remember, this is a Ship Zone. This thread is for shippers of Penny & Sheldon to talk positively about their ship amongst themselves. Anti-Penny & Sheldon people, this thread is "not for you".

OK in future I will view but not comment. I assume it will be ok to comment on this ship. but in another thread.

OK in future I will view but not comment. I assume it will be ok to comment on this ship. but in another thread.

There is a thread for ships to debated here:  It's been dead for a couple of months now, but comments about other ships (without any personal attacks) is welcome there.

I think if you look at any community; there will be those who accept what they are given, and don't want to change the status quo, but there will also be radicals and outsiders who think differently(they keep any communty dynamic). Some people dislike Shenny manips, but generally I find them hilarious, and a testament to the inventiveness of their creators. Rather than saying 'this is the way things are, we can't believe in anything else', people who use this thread are open minded, remake the world, the way they believe it could be, and keep a sense of humour while doing it. Sheldon would be proud of them!

• Like 1

Oh goodness, I snorted milk out my nose when I looked at this. And I haven't drunk milk since I was 10.

Surely it's turned to cheese by now, or yogurt at least?

I do feel rather bad for Keano, he puts the sad in sandwich doesn't he? Disappointing filling malady, it really is no laughing matter!

Where can I watch this Peldon laundry scene, I can't find it on YouTube (being both decrepit and a bit like Neil from The Young Ones; 'technofear' anybody)? Can someone take pity on an old dear and post it here, pretty please?

• Like 1

This is an AU one I’ve always liked that I happen to have a bloody link for. Sheldon’s a spaceship;

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7575896/1/Partnership

giphy.gif

Thanks for that! Agree, it's excellent.

Saw this article about fanfic on cracked.com; Snape diddles the tellytubbies, the mind boggles! http://www.cracked.com/article_19992_5-fan-fiction-sex-scenes-you-wont-believe-exist.html

• Like 1

I do feel rather bad for Keano, he puts the sad in sandwich doesn't he? Disappointing filling malady, it really is no laughing matter!

Where can I watch this Peldon laundry scene, I can't find it on YouTube (being both decrepit and a bit like Neil from The Young Ones; 'technofear' anybody)? Can someone take pity on an old dear and post it here, pretty please?

I'm hopeful the gloom will lift soon though, now that he's found some nerd compadres who seem to be including him. Unlike the poor hapless specimen I ran across the other day, ensconced in an anime classroom and reduced to passing a note that reads "Will you be my friend?" <sniff>

Re: The Peldon Yes please, kind techno-savant. All I can find are videos related to copper extraction.

Edited by purrpurrpurr
  • Like 2

"Beep beep beep, oh no heavy, the coins keep coming out, beep beep beep, even the telephone hates me, beep beep beep, I wish there were no machines, and everyone led a pastoral existence, trees and flowers don't deliberately cool you out and go beep in your ear."

Peldon laundry scene?

I'm not posting that bloody scene here...it's wetter than a fish's wet bits. At least if Stuart had dreamt it, it would have continued into genuinely interesting territory...

Watch this instead. As bad as the TBBT fandom can be, thank christ we're not One Directioners...

"Why don't you just go and die under a tree?"

• Like 4

Peldon laundry scene?

I'm not posting that bloody scene here...it's wetter than a fish's wet bits.

I PM'd it to her.

As bad as the TBBT fandom can be, thank christ we're not One Directioners...

That was funny.

• Like 2

@willow thanks for the warning, I'll wear my axe/fire proof shirt! I'm a bit sheldony today, everthing I believe is true,is!  There's just so little to watch, and now even this show has taken a dive! Might as well take what TBBT writers think we want, and tear it to shreds, just for fun. The worse it gets, the more outrageous I'll get !!!!!No Prisoners!!!

How apposite. I've just found out we've lost one of the greatest and most honourable actors of all...

Lawrence is dead.

I suppose the trick "is not minding that it hurts", but I'm going to get drunk regardless.

"We can't all be lion tamers..."

lawr5.jpg

• Like 2

How apposite. I've just found out we've lost one of the greatest and most honourable actors of all...

Lawrence is dead.

I suppose the trick "is not minding that it hurts", but I'm going to get drunk regardless.

"We can't all be lion tamers..."

lawr5.jpg

He was most certainly one of the greats. He will be missed.

• Like 1

Sigh, that was the first movie I remember seeing in a theatre. We have lost a great one. It was a great injustice that he never won an Academy Award for Best Actor.

• Like 1

What a loss. I always go to see Lawerence on the big screen when they revive it. No point in watching it any other way....something's should just only ever be seen in their full majesty.

Now, I hate to ask this, but what does "wetter than fish parts" mean? If something is wet - good or bad?

If this is slang I'm unfamiliar with it. If literal, I also can become angry when wet.

Edited by Lionne
  • Like 4

I also can become angry when wet.

Do you have an aversion to bright light? What happens if you eat after midnight?

• Like 1

"Beep beep beep, oh no heavy, the coins keep coming out, beep beep beep, even the telephone hates me, beep beep beep, I wish there were no machines, and everyone led a pastoral existence, trees and flowers don't deliberately cool you out and go beep in your ear."

Peldon laundry scene?

I'm not posting that bloody scene here...it's wetter than a fish's wet bits. At least if Stuart had dreamt it, it would have continued into genuinely interesting territory...

Watch this instead. As bad as the TBBT fandom can be, thank christ we're not One Directioners...

Glorious, and what a fabulously specific insult! What sort of tree I wonder?

Reminds me of this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zI6-Up6m4VU&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DzI6-Up6m4VU

As the mother of two boys close in age, I live this on a daily basis, without the 'your Mum' bit obviously ;)

I have seen the Laundry Room scene now, it actually made me laugh, which is a rare thing with TBBT nowadays. Not as much as 'Jeffrey Bernard is Unwell' did though, which I was lucky enough to catch Peter O'Toole in at the Old Vic reprisal. Absolute legend!

• Like 2

Peldon laundry scene?

That is too funny...smiley-laughing025.gif

What a loss. I always go to see Lawerence on the big screen when they revive it. No point in watching it any other way....something's should just only ever be seen in their full majesty.

Now, I hate to ask this, but what does "wetter than fish parts" mean? If something is wet - good or bad?

If this is slang I'm unfamiliar with it. If literal, I also can become angry when wet.

Yes, and that majestic soundtrack  by Maurice Jarre made it perfect.

Edited by gaqo
  • Like 1

it's been ages since I've been here, just so rather 'meh' about the show, what happened to the zany fun that had me laughing out loud, hard? I think the last time it occurred was last spring when Mrs. Wolowitz imprisoned Raj, delicious, I literally roared and my stomach hurt. I want Penny to beat Sheldon at games, I want Mrs. Wolowitz to get her son back or at least have another shot at Raj, and where are his parents, how I miss them. The only amusing thing left of the show is this thread which I'm happy to see maintains it's irreverent zeitgeist. Kudos and Io Saturnalia!

• Like 3