The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
annieogly

Penny & Sheldon Shippers Thread

I didn’t think I should drink on a spoilers thread, so I’ve brought my beverage here.

Huzzah for Penny!

If you don’t read spoilers, then ya boo sucks to you *COUGH* er, how unfortunate.

yDyEC5r.gif

• Like 1

I didn’t think I should drink on a spoilers thread, so I’ve brought my beverage here.

Huzzah for Penny!

If you don’t read spoilers, then ya boo sucks to you *COUGH* er, how unfortunate.

yDyEC5r.gif

That is Black Books and that is awesome.

DIRTY.

Now answer my question about wet fish parts, damn it, Wally. I am trying to understand what you mean over here and you're all drinking and reading spoilers. Focus, my precious pork chop!

Edited by Lionne
  • Like 2

4n4qOMu.gif

CALM DOWN YOU MAD BASTARDS. Goodness me.

Spaced - I think Rachel was extending an olive branch. Of sorts. But no it's not EXACTLY a friendship thread...it helps if the idea of Romantic SP doesn't make you want to pluck out your eyeballs.

All romantic business is weird...I find Shamy and Lenny weird, but Gablehauser/Sheldon? No problem. So work that out.

Wetter than a fish's wet bits...as damp as a mermaid's bathing costume...etc.

NO IT'S NOT GOOD. It means it's a drip of a thing. And I found the Laundry room scene very drippy. I may not be a particularly saucyfied fellow, but I could've come up with a better quasi-sex-romp than that....and that's even bearing in mind the whole Gablehauser thing I just mentioned and probably shouldn't have...

• Like 1

Annie set this up to discuss Sheldon and Penny romantically actually!

Aye. She was around earlier. The fleeting character! I think folk might be confused about the nature of the place because (i) we frequently ramble and pontificate about completely arbitrary and arcane matter (ii) of late this has included chatting to our charming visitors about completely arbitrary and arcane matters. Also because Tripper merged the threads, which personally gave me a headache of confusion.

But yes obviously, we fancy the pants off S and P romantically, so we should probably make that clearer.

I don't think I'm making anything particularly clear today (sorry Trousers! Mea Culpa.)

WHAT THE DEVIL JUST HAPPENED? Have we entered the Matrix? Where have the comments gone? And where are the snows of yesteryear...

Edited by Count Wally de Honk
  • Like 2

A few posts have been hidden just to keep the thread on track. I think, on balance, ship threads should be about supporting a romantic relationship between the characters.

A few posts have been hidden just to keep the thread on track. I think, on balance, ship threads should be about supporting a romantic relationship between the characters.

Ah.

Be it in a hypothetical manner or practical application, I presume? Are we permitted to talk about other things though? We wheel back to Shenny every few posts. Personally, as the forum's a trifle hostile to the concept, I prefer NOT to talk about it even here, but I like being in the company of those who find the idea amusing, charming or fascinating. It means if it DOES come up, this is the one thread where we won't be jeered at in a manner resembling the French Knights of Monty Python.

French-gif-1.gif

Edited by Count Wally de Honk
  • Like 2

Yes it's definetely a good idea to keep all us lunatics on this thread, discussing any random ideas that enter our (addled, with odd moments of sheer clarity) minds. Wouldn't want us taking over the asylum! I've started petitioning the Oxford Dictionary to include; Wallyisms, and the word 'sheldony'!

Edited by gaqo
  • Like 1

Ah.

Be it in a hypothetical manner or practical application, I presume? Are we permitted to talk about other things though? We wheel back to Shenny every few posts. Personally, as the forum's a trifle hostile to the concept, I prefer NOT to talk about it even here, but I like being in the company of those who find the idea amusing, charming or fascinating. It means if it DOES come up, this is the one thread where we won't be jeered at in a manner resembling the French Knights of Monty Python.

French-gif-1.gif

"You and all your silly kerniggits!" Oh my!

Is there a Spamalot movie, or is that from Holy Grail?

Saw the show recently with the kids and the cast corpsed their way through it. This was one of my favourite scenes, during which the whole cast had to take a recess in order to continue, as the play crumbled into anarchic hysterics. "I fart in your general direction!" has endured in this house..........and they do.

• Like 1

Gablehauser, don't be ridiculous, President Siebert and Sheldon are the couple for me, oh the whimsy those touching moments of fundraising...though I think that was Leonard's zenith as a character.

I too thought the laundry room scene trite, the writers obviously jeering at the concept of Peldonia. Come on you zany knuckleheads let it all out!

I know that the indigenous locals here are utterly surreal and that's how I like you;-)

• Like 2

He DID say he’d let Siebert put on rubber gloves and check him for a hernia…and I suppose they had that touching bathroom scene with Kripke, whilst Siebert was attempting to utilise the pissoir. On the other hand, he threatened to blind Sheldon with a hot spoon. I like my fictional relationships joust-ridden, but not to the point of violence with cutlery.  

I love Pimp Sheldon....I tried to find the eyebrow gif, but I failed miserably. I'm sucking magnificently at finding images today...I went to look for a gif of the Leonid Meteor shower, and returned with a photoshop of Howard as a centaur.

streetwalker.gif

• Like 3

I think alot of American films/programmes have suffered from what we could call the christian/hollywood paradigm. They are always trying to promote the idea of happy hetrosexual couples. I don't need to point out that countries use films/programmes as a form of propaganda. Wouldn't it be great if TBBT hadn't fallen into this trap; I can see Will and Sheldon, Penny and Amy, Howard and Raj,etc, working better, than their present pairings. I'd also like to see happy singles represented(Penny and Sheldon as happy, single, friends, who flirt a bit). Postmodernism does promote destroying old fashioned/no longer working/boring paradigms. Maybe somewhere a group of writers are ripping up the old scripts, and are willing to experiment! I need programmes that stimulate/challange/make me think!

• Like 1

Postmodernism does promote destroying old fashioned/no longer working/boring paradigms. Maybe somewhere a group of writers are ripping up the old scripts, and are willing to experiment! I need programmes that stimulate/challange/make me think!

If it's realism you're after I can recommend the earlier series of Him & Her (the latest series was sadly rather cartoonish, shame). Also I caught the first ep of Lena Dunham's Girls which was pretty gritty and real on a flight last year.

It would be nice to see bisexuality addressed in the media, it seems to be the last taboo. You might find these articles interesting.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2009/apr/16/bisexual-lesbian-gay-love-jake-arnott-stephanie-theobald

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/womens-blog/2013/nov/27/lesbians-women-media-representation-people

• Like 1

Sheldon Leonard, famous Jewish actor/writer/director. Hofstadter-Moebius loop;condition that affected HAL 9000. I imagined Penny and Leoanerd's wedding(well I just watched Wedding Crashers, again). On one side; hauty, intellectual,professionals,with money, on the other Nebraskian hill bilies, brother cooking up(as Penny describes him!). How long before a fight of words, breaks out? I think someone was right when they said; Penny and Sheldon get on so well because they come from the same culture. Common cultural, background and reference points, help alot!(edit because of crap PC!memory,etc)

Edited by gaqo
  • Like 1

This is a new thread to celebrate Penny and Sheldon - a great ship and also entirely probable in the forthcoming seasons. We'll discuss this relationship and also how it positively can happen.

I will present why Penny is like Sheldon and Amy is like Leonard.  

In the series you see that Sheldon is far above Penny in intelligence 

and despite this in a lot of cases will act a lot like Penny in behavior. 

I think Penny and Sheldon have similar personal problems and I think 

it stems from the same place. In the first episode Sheldon being a neat 

Freak and displaying more of his OCD tendency goes into penny's house and 

cleans everything. Now penny is outraged not for the fact he cleaned her things 

or the fact he was in her house but the fact he touched her property WITHOUT

her permission. She felt he was stepping past her boundaries.

Sheldon also 

displays a need for boundaries along the series. Also despite Penny being of 

a much larger intelligence level Sheldon seems to care about her. He also 

seems to take her into more consideration than he even does for amy. When 

it comes to amy he kind of has this attitude of "Oh my girlfriends here drats". 

Penny as well as Sheldon have issues with relationships which I think comes from 

the fact penny and Sheldon have similar personalities despite being a different 

intelligence.

They are both very controlling, very independent and they want 

me time, and are very picky about who they allow to stay with them. In the episode where 

the discussion of where Leonard is going to live is brought up Penny panics and does not 

want Sheldon to move in with her, and Sheldon later brings this up with Amy and Amy suggests 

that Sheldon and them live together.

Despite Amy doing everything perfectly and willing to follow

all of his rules Sheldon does not Want Amy to live with him. Sheldon trys to push and blame the 

issues on penny and penny tosses it off on Sheldon. In this Episode they act EXACTLY THE SAME. 

Despite the fact Sheldon was a child prodigy and Penny sleeps around with idiots. 

Now I think the fact Penny has issues with relationships is she like Sheldon is independent. 

She bases her relationships on one thing (Muscles) and this is because she doesn't want to deal 

with emotional attachment.

She knows she wants to get some sexual gratification but she does not 

want an emotional attachment. Sheldon does not want an emotional attachment either and finds 

the need for sex stupid and so even if he did desire it would simply never engage in it. Penny does 

not realize why she is so bad at picking men but I think its because she has the same character flaws

as Sheldon does. She does not want emotional attachment and thats why she only picks big jerks with 

muscles.

This is also why Sheldon and Amy often seem to be and feel neglected by the other party. 

Sheldon and Penny can be very self centered and this is not that they are trying to be but they are 

very independent characters. Who seem to have ended up with people who are extremely needy. 

Amy and Sheldon are very needy. Amy is wanting of the affection she never got as a child. Leonard is 

afraid of rejection and so is the way he is. While Penny is a better person as an adult it shows from things she 

says she did as a child that she was a bit of a bully in her younger years. Now this again shows she is like sheldon. 

Sheldon does not seem to think or understand how his actions affect other he sometimes just kind of does stuff. 

Penny probably didn't think about how her actions effect anything either she just acts. Now Sheldon has much 

better reasoning than penny and so acts the way he does. Penny and Sheldon both seem to lack an understand or 

really a care about how others feel. 

So Sheldon is Penny, and Amy is Leonard. A very needy and clingy insecure individual attaching themselves to a very 

independent and sometimes indifferent lover. 

I ship Sheldon and Penny. How can they not be together? While Amy fits Sheldon's intelligence level I think Penny matches his personality better. 

• Like 2

I will present why Penny is like Sheldon and Amy is like Leonard.  

In the series you see that Sheldon is far above Penny in intelligence 

and despite this in a lot of cases will act a lot like Penny in behavior. 

I think Penny and Sheldon have similar personal problems and I think 

it stems from the same place. In the first episode Sheldon being a neat 

Freak and displaying more of his OCD tendency goes into penny's house and 

cleans everything. Now penny is outraged not for the fact he cleaned her things 

or the fact he was in her house but the fact he touched her property WITHOUT

her permission. She felt he was stepping past her boundaries.

Sheldon also 

displays a need for boundaries along the series. Also despite Penny being of 

a much larger intelligence level Sheldon seems to care about her. He also 

seems to take her into more consideration than he even does for amy. When 

it comes to amy he kind of has this attitude of "Oh my girlfriends here drats". 

Penny as well as Sheldon have issues with relationships which I think comes from 

the fact penny and Sheldon have similar personalities despite being a different 

intelligence.

They are both very controlling, very independent and they want 

me time, and are very picky about who they allow to stay with them. In the episode where 

the discussion of where Leonard is going to live is brought up Penny panics and does not 

want Sheldon to move in with her, and Sheldon later brings this up with Amy and Amy suggests 

that Sheldon and them live together.

Despite Amy doing everything perfectly and willing to follow

all of his rules Sheldon does not Want Amy to live with him. Sheldon trys to push and blame the 

issues on penny and penny tosses it off on Sheldon. In this Episode they act EXACTLY THE SAME. 

Despite the fact Sheldon was a child prodigy and Penny sleeps around with idiots. 

Now I think the fact Penny has issues with relationships is she like Sheldon is independent. 

She bases her relationships on one thing (Muscles) and this is because she doesn't want to deal 

with emotional attachment.

She knows she wants to get some sexual gratification but she does not 

want an emotional attachment. Sheldon does not want an emotional attachment either and finds 

the need for sex stupid and so even if he did desire it would simply never engage in it. Penny does 

not realize why she is so bad at picking men but I think its because she has the same character flaws

as Sheldon does. She does not want emotional attachment and thats why she only picks big jerks with 

muscles.

This is also why Sheldon and Amy often seem to be and feel neglected by the other party. 

Sheldon and Penny can be very self centered and this is not that they are trying to be but they are 

very independent characters. Who seem to have ended up with people who are extremely needy. 

Amy and Sheldon are very needy. Amy is wanting of the affection she never got as a child. Leonard is 

afraid of rejection and so is the way he is. While Penny is a better person as an adult it shows from things she 

says she did as a child that she was a bit of a bully in her younger years. Now this again shows she is like sheldon. 

Sheldon does not seem to think or understand how his actions affect other he sometimes just kind of does stuff. 

Penny probably didn't think about how her actions effect anything either she just acts. Now Sheldon has much 

better reasoning than penny and so acts the way he does. Penny and Sheldon both seem to lack an understand or 

really a care about how others feel. 

So Sheldon is Penny, and Amy is Leonard. A very needy and clingy insecure individual attaching themselves to a very 

independent and sometimes indifferent lover. 

I ship Sheldon and Penny. How can they not be together? While Amy fits Sheldon's intelligence level I think Penny matches his personality better. 

You seemed to have missed some things from season 1 though season 7. :bye:

Edited by BangerMain
  • Like 1