The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
annieogly

Penny & Sheldon Shippers Thread

This whole argument reminds me of the vicious flame wars that erupted at my Office message board with the Karen vs Pam people.  Lighten up everybody, it's just a TV show.  :)

• Like 2

Who cares?  Oh, wait, irrational people care.  You see enemies where there are none.  You have made something that is silly fun extremely important.  You are defending Lenny which is FICTIONAL relationship inside a TV show.  No rational person would be threatened by people engaging in a little fantasy but you attack it at every turn.

Get it through your thick head... the Shenny people don't care that it will never happen. They are just playing a "what if?" game.  The only person in this that is truly delusional is you for thinking it matters even a little.

Kaley probably thinks people who post on a message board about the show are nuts too.  Would that make you stop?

Nothing important is happening here.  It is a message board about a TV show.  We are all just killing some time.  No wise person would take anything here seriously.

Ho-hum.

Ho-hum.

That is about what I would expect from a person who cannot rationally argue why he/she attacks people.

• Like 1

tumblr_m43evt15I41r208zko1_250f_zps38b25

She thinks something's wrong with the people who ship them. "nuts"

Exactly. She never said the word, "nuts" and you proved it.

Monique

• Like 2

Kaley actually called them crazy in an interview, repletely said that never going to happen and even called it a nightmare scenario. I always find this discussion to be about the show reality and fanfiction.

Penny being a nerd is pure fanfiction. The show cannon is that Penny is the odd one.The last episode reinforced how unnerdy she is when Leonard kept going about captain Kirk and she kinda rolled her eyes.She sometimes caves and follow some of Leonard nerdiness but just because she enjoys his and hs  friends company.Who haven't done that for their friends or significant other.

Please everyone, I've reported the troll; do not feed it.

I appreciate your posts and am glad to have a fun discussion anytime.

Something is wrong with those people = they are nuts. I wasn't putting any words in anybodys. Heck most people would say what Kaley said is worse then saying people are nuts. She said something is wrong with those people. If you don't understand paraphrasing, that's not my problem.

I DID read. My point was she didn't say the word "nuts"....YOU did. 

Monique

• Like 1

Here is Kaley calling a shenny shipper "Crazy". Was just DM'd this by someone here who wanted to post it in this thread but isn't approved to post here yet.

So she thinks something is wrong with people who ship them and she also thinks they are "CrazY".

I'm sorry im the only one it seems who is taking the same stand the actors are and isn't afraid to speak the truth even if some of you think it's ''not polite'' or ''futile'' or a waste of time. I'm sorry, I don't need to let them have a fantasy if the fantasy is BS and delusional and never gonna happen.  

Edited by Slicknickshady

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

The thing is Nick, it doesn't really matter that Kaley things that the Shenny is not a good idea. It doesn't matter that Jim is the biggest Shamy shipper ever. Because we are not discussing the idea with them here. Whateaver their arguments and/or opinions may be, they're still opinions as valid as yours, mine and Annie, for example.

We are discussing the possibility and/or the reasons why some people think the Shenny would make a great couple and why some people (myself included) do not think so.

There are gonna be Shenny shippers around who think it is possible, there are Shenny shippers who think it's not gonna happen but still enjoy the "what if's" and there are also Shenny shippers who like to interpret the scenes as it better suits their desires. But then again, everyone does that. Leonard/Penny shippers do it, Shamy shippers do it, Raj/Howard shippers do it, etc. That is the fun part of it. Theorizing, wondering, coming up with different scenarios, arguing, debating regardless if your ship is canon or not.

What the actors/producers/writers may think and/or say it's irrelevant here. I would even dare to say that even the probablity of the Shenny actually happenning ont he show it's also irrelevant since the discussion is about reasons/why's/scenarios, etc.

Ship and let ship.

Edited by Sursonica
  • Like 5

Just speaking the truth. as i said, i don't care if some here think im not being polite by not letting them have their fun. Some of these people here bash leonard non stop. anneollogy here does it all the time under her alias "claudilla''. She is the only shenny fan that like posts here and she is a leonard basher. If there were shenny's here who were rational and didnt bash leonard i would let it be. But the only one here posting is a Leonard hater and well...it's not cool.

Sursonica, you make good points. I would disagree with the final thing though. I'm known as a staunch TPTB "Word Of God" defender in all the fandoms im in. I really truly respect the work of creators of shows and characters and think people who ship the shenny or ship something the creators, tptb, or word of god is against are horrible for crapping on the characters.

I'm basically a fundamentalist when it comes to shipping. I'm a Leonard and Penny Fundamentalist if you will. It's obvious thats the end game for the Word of God. So that's why you see me source the creators more then most. They say it's never going to happen. Trust me that ill use that info add nausieum to people who somehow think it will happen.

Edited by Slicknickshady

Here is Kaley calling a shenny shipper "Crazy". Was just DM'd this by someone here who wanted to post it in this thread but isn't approved to post here yet.

So she thinks something is wrong with people who ship them and she also thinks they are "CrazY".

I'm sorry im the only one it seems who is taking the same stand the actors are and isn't afraid to speak the truth even if some of you think it's ''not polite'' or ''futile'' or a waste of time. I'm sorry, I don't need to let them have a fantasy if the fantasy is BS and delusional and never gonna happen.  

She jokingly said, "you're a crazy person." to the lady. Big WHOOP. LOL. Just because she doesn't care for the idea, doesn't mean she has the same harsh feelings that you do towards these people.

Monique

• Like 2

They deserve it, and i already have. People who ship Shenny should be locked up. They are clinically insane and need psychiatric help. TPTB are on my side.

TPTB don't care about you or Shenny shippers.  They certainly do not want fans of their shows locked up.  You have taken this to an irrational extreme.

She thinks something is wrong with them.

They were joking around.  She was clearly using it as slang to mean she didn't understand it.   She was not trying to insult the reporter.  She was not calling her a nutcase.  She was not calling her delusional.

Just speaking the truth. as i said, i don't care if some here think im not being polite by not letting them have their fun. Some of these people here bash leonard non stop. anneollogy here does it all the time under her alias "claudilla''. She is the only shenny fan that like posts here and she is a leonard basher. If there were shenny's here who were rational and didnt bash leonard i would let it be. But the only one here posting is a Leonard hater and well...it's not cool.

Sursonica, you make good points. I would disagree with the final thing though. I'm known as a staunch TPTB "Word Of God" defender in all the fandoms im in. I really truly respect the work of creators of shows and characters and think people who ship the shenny or ship something the creators, tptb, or word of god is against are horrible for crapping on the characters.

I'm basically a fundamentalist when it comes to shipping. I'm a Leonard and Penny Fundamentalist if you will. It's obvious thats the end game for the Word of God. So that's why you see me source the creators more then most. They say it's never going to happen. Trust me that ill use that info add nausieum to people who somehow think it will happen.

Oh.  Wow.  It is a TV show that you are drawing lines of comparison to religion.    That is really messed up.

Leonard is just a character on a tv show.  He doesn't need defending and no one should care if someone bashes him.  You are taking all of this entirely too seriously.

Your opinion Ar Diem.

Just because you say it doesn't make it right . And Kaley was not joking around in the video that Gif is from.

No dude.  It is the opinion of any rational person.  When you think the shows creators are instructing you to go verbal jihad on shenny shippers you have a problem. 

The reality is the show likes for us to be out here discussing things because social networking equals low to no cost marketing for them.  They don't care if people are out here shipping sheonard.  By trying to stifle certain conversations you are going against their desires.  I hope that doesn't mean you have to go flog yourself or something.

On the other hand you are coming across like a person that none of the cast or crew would be comfortable being alone with. That TBBT/religion parallel post is pretty creepy.

I know you think I am being mean but I am kinda scared for you right now.

Edited by Ar Diem
  • Like 2

I always find this discussion to be about the show reality/cannon and fanfiction.

Eg.Penny being a nerd is pure fanfiction. The show cannon is that Penny is the odd one, the popular one that likes mainstrem things.The last episode reinforced how unnerdy she is when Leonard kept going about captain Kirk and she kinda rolled her eyes.She sometimes caves and follow some of Leonard nerdiness but just because she enjoys his and hs  friends company.Who haven't done that for their friends or significant other.

I'm not a shipper if Lenny or Shammy brake up in the near future I will enjoy it because what I love is this show.The   show cannon as a whole from the basic charatrerizacion of  each  charater as individuals  invalidates any form of Shenny as a romantic couple and to me Shenny shippers are basically people that hate the show and want it to be an entire different thing.

Dont know how to embeed but here's another interview with Kaley and she call the  idea of Shenny would be a nightmare expeirience.

Around 3:10.

Actors always go for the "maybe" or "anything can happen" polite PR instructed answer and Kaley has always shoot the idea down harshly the same way the show runners have.To me that's just means that she has been told that it will never happen.

Dont know how to embeed but here's another interview with Kaley and she call the  idea of Shenny would be a nightmare expeirience.

Around 3:10.

Actors always go for the "maybe" or "anything can happen" polite PR instructed answer and Kaley has always shoot the idea down harshly the same way the show runners have.To me that's just means that she has been told that it will never happen.

There was nothing harsh about her response there.  She may have been harsh in other interviews but in that one she was just trying to wrap her wits around something she was hearing for the first time.

As a show they may not want to send mixed signals because Lenny is a core storyline.  That doesn't mean they care if people dream up other scenarios though.  The two are completely different things.

There was nothing harsh about her response there.  She may have been harsh in other interviews but in that one she was just trying to wrap her wits around something she was hearing for the first time.

As a show they may not want to send mixed signals because Lenny is a core storyline.  That doesn't mean they care if people dream up other scenarios though.  The two are completely different things.

Maybe I'm wrong but  this is the show folder? I don't see how you can talk about the show and don't dismiss  shenny. Shenny goes againsts the foundation of the show.Maybe if this thread was in the fanfiction folder.

How can you read this:

"Hmm last show, Egg Salad Equivalency  there is the : no I'd never cheat on you...so Doug I guess this is the lead to sweeps with the L/P break-up. Everything else looked to me like an attempt to keep the new viewers from syndication: classic games, trivia, even old Howard. I think the female scenes: girls night/council of ladies are taking the place of the old Penny-Sheldon interaction and it doesn't work. They've never, with the exception of Penny, incorporated the women into the group...B & Amy don't have nerdy interests -what's the point."

Without pointing out that the show  cannon is that Bernadette and Amy  have more common interest with all the group than Penny.

The whole basis of Shammy is that Sheldon at last found a member of his own species to have a realtionship  with as was once pointed out by Leonard in season 2 or 3 when he wanted Sheldon to leave the apartment because he had a date with Leslie.The same way tha first date of Howard and Bernardette show how they were made for eachother.

I don't know but everytime someone mentions Shenny to Kaley she does the same faces she does when Penny isn't taking someone bs at the chessecake factory.:lol:

Maybe I'm wrong but  this is the show folder? I don't see how you can talk about the show and don't dismiss  shenny. Shenny goes againsts the foundation of the show.Maybe if this thread was in the fanfiction folder.

How can you read this:

Without pointing out that the show  cannon is that Bernadette and Amy  have more common interest with all the group than Penny.

The whole basis of Shammy is that Sheldon at last found a member of his own species to have a realtionship  with as was once pointed out by Leonard in season 2 or 3 when he wanted Sheldon to leave the apartment because he had a date with Leslie.The same way tha first date of Howard and Bernardette show how they were made for eachother.

It is just idle speculation.  I do dismiss it as a possibility but I like seeing people have fun.  People have suggested the Muppets make an appearance too.  No difference.

I think, in order for it to be fan fiction it has to be fleshed out more.  This thread is ongoing with new shows adding to or taking away from Shenny.  It does no harm and should threaten no one.

I don't know but everytime someone mentions Shenny to Kaley she does the same faces she does when Penny isn't taking someone bs at the chessecake factory. :lol:

So?  She doesn't like the idea because, as she said in that interview, she thinks Lenny is cute.  Her expressing her opinion about the characters has no bearing on us.

It really doesn't matter how Kaley or any of the other actors feel about it or any other pairing for that matter pro or con. None of them has any say in the directions that their characters take.

There is another thread entitled Sheldon and Penny Maybe where the question of whether or not the show is going to go there. That's the thread where the all the "No way Jose" responses are supposed to go. This thread is supposed to be for the people who support the idea being free to discuss it without having to argue in favor of it. In other words this thread is not supposed to be filled with any anti-Shenny sentiment.

Edited by DPK
  • Like 1

It really doesn't matter how Kaley or any of the other actors feel about it or any other pairing for that matter pro or con. None of them has any say in the directions that their characters take.

There is another thread entitled Sheldon and Penny Maybe where the question of whether or not the show is going to go there. That's the thread where the all the "No way Jose" responses are supposed to go. This thread is supposed to be for the people who support the idea being free to discuss it without having to argue in favor of it. In other words this thread is not supposed to be filled with any anti-Shenny sentiment.

Isn' that other thread in the season 5 folder? The answer for that thread is obvious.lol

This is The Show folder in a discussion forum and this is a thread to discuss the Shenny on the show and that's what we are doing.Shenny on the show has a purey platonic relationship of friendly neighbors.Pals as Sheldon himself has stated.

I enjoy Sheldon and Penny realtionship. It's great and them being purely platonic and the notion that there is no romantic  interest is one of the things that makes it great.I will gadly discuss their frienship too.

Romantic Shenny is matter of fanfiction, AU fanfiction.

DPK, I said it in my last post, Kaley not giving the  "maybe" PR  response  is a sign that TPTB have told her that it will naver happen.