Penny & Sheldon Shippers Thread

Isn' that other thread in the season 5 folder? The answer for that thread is obvious.lol

This is The Show folder in a discussion forum and this is a thread to discuss the Shenny on the show and that's what we are doing.Shenny on the show has a purey platonic relationship of friendly neighbors.Pals as Sheldon himself has stated.

I enjoy Sheldon and Penny realtionship. It's great and them being purely platonic and the notion that there is no romantic  interest is one of the things that makes it great.I will gadly discuss their frienship too.

Romantic Shenny is matter of fanfiction, AU fanfiction.

DPK, I said it in my last post, Kaley not giving the  "maybe" PR  response  is a sign that TPTB have told her that it will naver happen.

The first posts sets the theme of this thread, a fun place to enjoy the shenny ship. Have a look...

Back to shenny. Some of the people here have come up with imaginative ideas that could work to make Sheldon consider Penny. If she had a scientist in her genetic line thus improving her genetic potential in his eyes. If she had a surprisingly talent or got a sci-fi acting role that impressed him. Penny is tougher, he'd have to do something pretty impressive to change her mind about him. And she would have to be single, so I don't see anything on the horizon for this to happen on the show. Spectulation doesn't hurt though.

Edited by Moonbase

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn’t want to aid in this pointless discussion because I’d prefer to not start bleeding from the eyeballs in frustration. However, merely reading it is making me try to chew my face off. So I’m rat

It is breaking a rule.  Common etiquette.  If you see a little girl having a tea party with stuffed animals do you break up her fun by making her see reality?  What the admin here has done is said you

I think it's fair to respect Tripper's guidelines. And people need a comfortable place to go and discuss their thing or they will leave. There is an economics concept of a public good. Shipping pairin

Posted Images

The first posts sets the theme of this thread, a fun place to enjoy the shenny ship. Have a look...

Back to shenny. Some of the people here have come up with imaginative ideas that could work to make Sheldon consider Penny. If she had a scientist in her genetic line thus improving her genetic potential in his eyes. If she had a surprisingly talent or got a sci-fi acting role that impressed him. Penny is tougher, he'd have to do something pretty impressive to change her mind about him. And she would have to be single, so I don't see anything on the horizon for this to happen on the show. Spectulation doesn't hurt though.

Speculation doesn't hurt as discussion doesn't hurt.What's the problem with pointing  out why saidspeculation/ theory is  flawed in the contex of the show.

If we were talking about fanfiction that wouldn't be a problem.Each fanfiction writer theory is law in the world they create.:D

Speculation doesn't hurt as discussion doesn't hurt.What's the problem with pointing  out why saidspeculation/ theory is  flawed in the contex of the show.

If we were talking about fanfiction that wouldn't be a problem.Each fanfiction writer theory is law in the world they create. :D

Isn' that other thread in the season 5 folder? The answer for that thread is obvious.lol

This is The Show folder in a discussion forum and this is a thread to discuss the Shenny on the show and that's what we are doing.Shenny on the show has a purey platonic relationship of friendly neighbors.Pals as Sheldon himself has stated.

I enjoy Sheldon and Penny realtionship. It's great and them being purely platonic and the notion that there is no romantic  interest is one of the things that makes it great.I will gadly discuss their frienship too.

Romantic Shenny is matter of fanfiction, AU fanfiction.

DPK, I said it in my last post, Kaley not giving the  "maybe" PR  response  is a sign that TPTB have told her that it will naver happen.

The original starter of this thread(Annieology)did so because she didn't like what she perceived as unfriendly waters toward people who ship Sheldon/Penny as a romance. She's specifically wanted this thread as place for her and any other fellow romantic Shenny-shippers(which currently on this board is two people, her and Doug)to be able to discuss a romantic pairing between the two without having to wade through other peoples comments about how it isn't going to happen or why it doesn't work. This thread is "supposed" to be nothing but pro-romantic Shenny arguments, no disagreements allowed.

Everybody over in the other thread were simply arguing against the two ever being romantically linked, and have no argument against the idea that they are friends/frenemies.

The reason I made my point about the actors is that Nick was/is constantly using actor quotes as a kind of appeal to authority argument for the romance to not happen. This of coarse doesn't work because Kaley, Johnny, and the other actors don't have any authority to dictate what happens to their characters romantic or otherwise. Kaley could absolutely despise the idea of Sheldon and Penny hooking up, but if the writers were to happen to decide to go in that direction there isn't jack squat she can do to stop it.

Edited by DPK

I've just take a look at the Lenny and Shamy threads in the season 6 folder and there a currently discussions on the akwarness of the Lenny sofa scene and Sheldon's views on womanhood. Controvertial topics with pro and cons opinions why this this thread should be different?

Yeah thats the reason, discussion was not happening and things were getting personal. BTW that interview is cool. Jim has an open mind about it, even though he's very surprised. Kaley really loves the Leonard and Penny story though. Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

Yeah thats the reason, discussion was not happening and things were getting personal. BTW that interview is cool. Jim has an open mind about it, even though he's very surprised. Kaley really loves the Leonard and Penny story though. Thanks for posting.

Welcome.:D

I kinda think that Jim being so open about Sheldon in a romantic relatioship and the popularity of Shenny is what made the producers open their mind about Sheldon having a partner  and create Amy.The creation of Amy instead of going the easy cliche route of a Lenny/Shenny love triangle is other fact that shows how much TPTB are against  the idea of a romantic Shenny.Maybe because the foundation of the show is Sheldon and Leonards frienship and Shenny will ruin it completely.

I've just take a look at the Lenny and Shamy threads in the season 6 folder and there a currently discussions on the akwarness of the Lenny sofa scene and Sheldon's views on womanhood. Controvertial topics with pro and cons opinions why this this thread should be different?

Those threads are about pairings that are official show canon and are currently happening. This thread was opened with the idea that it was going to be a safe haven for the few romantically inclined shippers of a non canon Shenny who frequent this board.

Those threads are about pairings that are official show canon and are currently happening. This thread was opened with the idea that it was going to be a safe haven for the few romantically inclined shippers of a non canon Shenny who frequent this board.

So shipping something that go against what the show is all about give them the privilege of a no discussion thread?Wierd.

Edited by wickedscience
  • Like 1

So shipping something that go against what the show is all about give them the privilege of a no discussion thread?Wierd.

until the show is officially over no one knows what will happen. But please be respectful of this thread. There is another thread Sheldon Penny Maybe where you can discuss how impossible it is to your heart's content.

Doug and I enjoy this ship, discuss ways it can happen, he's very good on tv writing and my forte is novels and classic hollywood. I'm trying to get the other Shenny shippers here. And anyone else is welcome who wants to have a positive fun discussion.

until the show is officially over no one knows what will happen. But please be respectful of this thread. There is another thread Sheldon Penny Maybe where you can discuss how impossible it is to your heart's content.

Doug and I enjoy this ship, discuss ways it can happen, he's very good on tv writing and my forte is novels and classic hollywood. I'm trying to get the other Shenny shippers here. And anyone else is welcome who wants to have a positive fun discussion.

So you have/want the privilage of a no discussionpost because you don't have arguments againts the fact that the canon of the show go against your ship?

Every other thread about every other pairing/topic is open to discusion what make you special?  If you don't want any talk againts your ship and your AU BBT world don't you think you should do the same with the  show canon .If  there can't be any talk against Shenny here is only fair that there can't be any talk against the canon pairings and   the canon world of the show here neither.But can you do that? I doubt it.The fundation of your ship is hating the cannon universe of the show.It goes beyond pairings.

If we were talking about fanfiction that wouldn't be a problem.Each fanfiction writer theory is law in the world they create. :D

Because the anti-Shenny people are not partipating in the discussion they just keep attacking it.  They want it stopped. Some go to great lengths like creating additional accounts so they can agree with themselves.

I am not saying Shenny is possible but Shamy was not possible in the original context of the show. 

The reason why people look for alternatives is because Lenny is romantic comedy tripe.  Versions of it have been done in movies and TV shows ad nauseum.  In a creative show like TBBT it is almost sad they do something so predictable.  The main reason I want Lenny to happen now is because of the Penny and Raj hook-up.  If she ended up with Sheldon it would put her with 3 of the 4 men and remind me of how bad That 70's Show ended.

• Like 2

Because the anti-Shenny people are not partipating in the discussion they just keep attacking it.  They want it stopped. Some go to great lengths like creating additional accounts so they can agree with themselves.

I am not saying Shenny is possible but Shamy was not possible in the original context of the show. 

The reason why people look for alternatives is because Lenny is romantic comedy tripe.  Versions of it have been done in movies and TV shows ad nauseum.  In a creative show like TBBT it is almost sad they do something so predictable.  The main reason I want Lenny to happen now is because of the Penny and Raj hook-up.  If she ended up with Sheldon it would put her with 3 of the 4 men and remind me of how bad That 70's Show ended.

Jackie/Hyde FTW! Don't get me started on how That 70s Show ended. Ugh.

Also, not to beat a dead horse, but Penny never slept with Raj. She has still only been one with one of the group. I don't compare it to what they did to Jackie in that 70s show.

It was set up from the pilot that Leonard and Penny were end game. Just because it has been done a ton doesn't make it no good.

Also, this is my only account here. You can ask the admin to check IP address or what not. Only account i have here. So don't make BS assumptions that are false. My only account here is this. I don't need anybody to agree with me.

Jackie/Hyde FTW! Don't get me started on how That 70s Show ended. Ugh.

Also, not to beat a dead horse, but Penny never slept with Raj. She has still only been one with one of the group. I don't compare it to what they did to Jackie in that 70s show.

It was set up from the pilot that Leonard and Penny were end game. Just because it has been done a ton doesn't make it no good.

Also, this is my only account here. You can ask the admin to check IP address or what not. Only account i have here. So don't make BS assumptions that are false. My only account here is this. I don't need anybody to agree with me.

Yeah because having more than one IP is so very difficult.  Oh, and don't forget to hit the button to like your own post again.  lol

It makes it less good.  It is the difference between knowing your are going to your birthday party and having your loved ones surprise you.  It isn't bad but wanting a twist or a surprise ending doesn't make people crazy nor does it mean they need psychiatric help.  :icon_rolleyes:

And Shenny wouldn't be comedy trite?lol Shenny shippers here have said how it was done time and time again in old movies and opposites atrrack is like the oldest trick on the comedy book.I applaud that the producers of this show didn't take the easy route of a yet another love triangle in prime time TV.That would've been tiresome.

I didn't watch the last season of T70's because I knew I wouldn't like it.When you don't like the premise of a show you have the power of changing the channel.

Have I attack anyone?

I'm  just discussing  the subject of this thread wich is what you do in discussion forums.

Yeah because having more than one IP is so very difficult.  Oh, and don't forget to hit the button to like your own post again.  lol

It makes it less good.  It is the difference between knowing your are going to your birthday party and having your loved ones surprise you.  It isn't bad but wanting a twist or a surprise ending doesn't make people crazy nor does it mean they need psychiatric help.  :icon_rolleyes:

LOL you think im wickedscience don't you?

Seriously, you think im the only person in the world who despises Shenny? You are sadly mistook.

LOL you think im wickedscience don't you?

Seriously, you think im the only person in the world who despises Shenny? You are sadly mistook.

That's what Ar Diem implied?lol

And he said that other people can deal with a different opinions.

I don't despise Shenny.As I said before their interactions are great but one of the reason of the greatness is that there is no possiblily of them as a romantic pairing.I can accept the charm of the idea as a fanfiction subject tho.

Ngl, I found specially anoying when shippers keep twisting the facts or down right  imagining thigs that aren't there  to validate  the possbilyty of a pairing.

And Shenny wouldn't be comedy trite?lol Shenny shippers here have said how it was done time and time again in old movies and opposites atrrack is like the oldest trick on the comedy book.I applaud that the producers of this show didn't take the easy route of a yet another love triangle in prime time TV.That would've been tiresome.

I didn't watch the last season of T70's because I knew I wouldn't like it.When you don't like the premise of a show you have the power of changing the channel.

Have I attack anyone?

I'm  just discussing  the subject of this thread wich is what you do in discussion forums.

1.  Lenny is an opposites attract relationship it is just not to the degree Shenny would be.

2.  Any hack could write the Lenny storyline.  It has been as predictable as they come.

3.  There have been many triangles throughout their on again off again relationship

4.  The hardest thing the producers and writers could do would be to sell Shenny.

Even though Lenny has the artistic equivalent of a paint by numbers picture Shenny won't happen because the mainstream has been rooting for Lenny since the beginning and the mainstream can't handle too much creativity.

Properly discussing this subject involves more than just saying it goes against the nature of the show.  That is not an argument against Shenny it is an argument against creative thinking.  Look back at how I entered this discussion for a blue print on how to discuss it and even bring up pitfalls in a respectful manner to shenny shippers.

I challenge the both(?) of you to write scenarios where Shenny could happen.  Keep in mind it is fiction about fiction so there is no harm in it.   If you can't you have both made your point about Shenny never happening so you really have no further business in this thread other than to troll it.

• Like 2

Even though Lenny has the artistic equivalent of a paint by numbers picture Shenny won't happen because the mainstream has been rooting for Lenny since the beginning and the mainstream can't handle too much creativity.

Exactly! so why you want more of the same.Shenny will ruin one of the few original things that this show have.A completely platonic relataionship between leads.Doing Shenny would've the easiest thing to do around seaon 2 and # but they decided against it and shoot it down the I dea completely with the creaton of Amy and in seaaon 4 the Raj/Penny hook up. Before that It could have happened an making some sense.The writers sent a very clear message.

There was never and on going triangle between leads in this show something that is a common please in TV nowadays.

If you don't like mainstream what are you doing watching CBS and a CBS comedy?

Props for your so creative way of posting but I will post what and how I want.

Exactly! so why you want more of the same.Shenny will ruin one of the few original things that this show have.A completely platonic relataionship between leads.Doing Shenny would've the easiest thing to do around seaon 2 and # but they decided against it and shoot it down the I dea completely with the creaton of Amy and in seaaon 4 the Raj/Penny hook up. Before that It could have happened an making some sense.The writers sent a very clear message.

There was never and on going triangle between leads in this show something that is a common please in TV nowadays.

If you don't like mainstream what are you doing watching CBS and a CBS comedy?

Props for your so creative way of posting but I will post what and how I want.

I have actually said I don't want Shenny but unlike you and probably you I don't have a problem with creative thinking.

Again, you guy(s) have made your point.  There is no further reason to participate in this thread.  You have made your position very clear.  Now go away and ignore this thread.  Any further participation can only be viewed as trying to stifle the conversation.  There is no reason to repeat yourselves.

I have actually said I don't want Shenny but unlike you and probably you I don't have a problem with creative thinking.

Again, you guy(s) have made your point.  There is no further reason to participate in this thread.  You have made your position very clear.  Now go away and ignore this thread.  Any further participation can only be viewed as trying to stifle the conversation.  There is no reason to repeat yourselves.

Thats why I visit the shenny thread. To read something different! I like Lenny and I don't think shenny will ever happen but I like seeing what people come up with. It's healthy to explore ideas and I agree that writing the shenny would be very challenging.

• Like 1

It's discussion.

Also, Lenny is more challenging.

Please don`t take this the wrong way but Ar Diem is right. (I mean post #121)

Let them have their thread here.

Gotta agree here. Shenny will never happen, but if some fans want to wallow in the delusion in their own thread, why not just leave them to it? We know they're never going to change (over a dozen years of being in the "Daria" fandom and dealing with Daria/Trent shippers has taught me that), so let them have their fun in peace. We have the rest of the forum in which to live in reality. :D

Sent from my Asus Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Exactly :) I know a Shenny Shipper (a girl I`m friends with on facebook) and I let her love them. She doesn`t bash my ship I don`t bash her ship and she´s so lovely.

Of course it hurts me to see some Shenny arts were they are pictured as a couple:But I keep my mouth shut and I keep my thoughts to myself ( most of them) and  let those people be happy.

Edited by BlackWhiteRose
  • Like 1