How Sad Are We Supposed To Feel For Leonard's Upbringing?

So Leonard supposedly craves having had a normal childhood, right?  We saw this in the very last episode when he complained about Christmas as his house.

We meet Beverly and she is a female Sheldon.

Leonard willingly chooses to live with Sheldon who helps recreate his former home life.

Is it a psychological disorder or does Leonard find comfort living in a similiar environment.

Thoughts?

Idk if leonerds home life was as dramatic as living with sheldon.

what with the disaster drills and other contractual bullshit. :icon_rolleyes:

it my be a disorder. ptsd? could be.

Dramatic or not it is still symptoms of the same.  He is in a cold, dominating, and condescending environment.

is that why he is attracted to a woman who is also cold dramatic and condescending?

could it be leonerd is still trying to have sex with his mother through penny?

hmmmmmmm. :icon_confused:

That would also mean he is trying to have sex with Sheldon through Penny. 

Since Penny is the man of the relationship I think most of what she does is playful ribbing like guys do.  She can be condescending at times but she also brings him warmth and affection so the mother/Sheldon theory doesn't fit for me.

That would also mean he is trying to have sex with Sheldon through Penny. 

Since Penny is the man of the relationship I think most of what she does is playful ribbing like guys do.  She can be condescending at times but she also brings him warmth and affection so the mother/Sheldon theory doesn't fit for me.

warmth and affection after S3? :huh:

i dont feel sad for leonerds upbringing,as he got away from that as an adult.

i feel sad for what he has become.

obligated caretaker for a crazy asshole.

with a "girlfriend" that wont allow him to express any serious emotional attachment too her.

and no real meaningful place in her life. she gives him sex the way people give table scraps too a pet.

thats sad.

warmth and affection after S3? :huh:

i dont feel sad for leonerds upbringing,as he got away from that as an adult.

i feel sad for what he has become.

obligated caretaker for a crazy asshole.

with a "girlfriend" that wont allow him to express any serious emotional attachment too her.

and no real meaningful place in her life. she gives him sex the way people give table scraps too a pet.

thats sad.

Please.  Enough about Penny.  I really intended this to be more of a comparison of home life now vs home life as a child.  One he had no choice and one he does.  I don't want this to get too far off track with another Penny debate.  We have enough of those going on right now.  You know I agree with you to a degree about what they have done with her but I don't see it quite as extreme as you do.

So to you et al, is this an unreconciable hole?  If I thought there was even a remote chance my roommate would treat me like my mother did I would run for my life.  Yet he signed the RA and jumped right in before the bonds of friendship formed.

I was really impressed by the writers when gave the back-story(staircase episode) about how Leonard and Sheldon met and became friends

I liked the way they linked the Broken Elevator to their friendship.....And it was not Sheldon showing care for Leonard suddenly by helping him out of the elevator before it blew off.......he just pointed it out that what Leonard did was wrong and acted quickly on it.... I think it was enough of an incident to  make it clear why Leonard ultimately choose to stay with Sheldon and put for his craziness...And I think Leonard also mentioned other benefits like the quality and cost of the apartment etc....

And the writers also showed a different Sheldon back then , he would'nt look anyone in the eye , he keeps on twitching , would not have much furniture so that he would avoid company etc etc.... all these changes in the present Sheldon are as a result Leonard and his friendship

Edited by vasu
  • Like 1

Please.  Enough about Penny.  I really intended this to be more of a comparison of home life now vs home life as a child.  One he had no choice and one he does.  I don't want this to get too far off track with another Penny debate.  We have enough of those going on right now.  You know I agree with you to a degree about what they have done with her but I don't see it quite as extreme as you do.

So to you et al, is this an unreconciable hole?  If I thought there was even a remote chance my roommate would treat me like my mother did I would run for my life.  Yet he signed the RA and jumped right in before the bonds of friendship formed.

ok fair enuff.

his home life now has an element of chaos he didnt have growing up.

growing up his life was probably far more planed out for him.