What Kind Of Nerd Are You?

Vasu, you're right. LOL. I was a hardcore MJ fan for many years so it's nice to know there are people out there who appreciate him for his art instead of trash talking him all the time about shit they don't even know what they're talking about. LOL.

Anyway, back to the nerdy thread...haha...

Monique

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a mix of the TBBT character´s characteristics: + I have my spot in the living room and when I have guest in the house and I am forced to give my spot to someone then I become crazy (even I am

I guess a lot of posters have seen that I'm kinda, sorta into numbers and statistics(Nate Silver is one of my heroes).   I also really like, and somewhat understand Relativity and Quantum Mechanics.  

Camouflage, for infiltration. Really, if you are medically retired, you can dress any way you want. Along with letting your hair and beard grow. Having a bike doesn't hurt either. But hell, Dr.

Posted Images

Nothing wrong with that. He's not for everyone :-). He's the biggest selling artist of all time. I ain't mad. LOL.

And McDonalds has sold more hamburgers than anyone else. That doesn't make it good food.  :icon_wink:

And McDonalds has sold more hamburgers than anyone else. That doesn't make it good food.  :icon_wink:

Of course...to the people who don't like McDonalds. Point is, more people LIKE them than the people who don't ;)

Well, I hear so much about it on the show and I even met a woman at an arts & craft fair I was working in Decembers who's daughters are so into it. Even Craig Ferguson mentioned it to Jim once that it's a good show. Makes me curious to see what all the fuss is about. Haha.

I've tried on occasion to watch Dr Who, but it just never really caught me up.  Meh.

I guess I do have some nerd cred:

ST Fan--I even dressed up in a ST:TNG uniform with my older sister and our two friends from college and we sang a song ("Mr Scotty, Beam Me a Dream"--sung to Mr. Sandman) for a talent show on a ST fan cruise.  And we also sang it privately for Jimmy Doohan. :)

D&D player--we played with graph paper and a pencil, without a game board or figurines or directed quests.  Just pillaging and plundering our way through our friend's dungeon.  Ah, those were the days...

Fanfiction writer--I actually wrote what I didn't know was fanfiction way back when I was in middle school (Bonanza stories!!!) and met my good friend Jan (the one who was our dungeon master and one of our ST song quartet) in Junior Orchestra because we were both into writing such stories.  I now have a small list of XF stories that I've written--and one TBBT story (with a few more I'm still trying to work on)

Online forum denizen--I began with TXF and then this show is my only other real online obsession.

I guess I may have other interests or whatever that some people may consider nerdy (I'm a classical musician, for example), but I never really considered myself a full-blown nerd in the sense of being socially awkward, which is what I've always considered nerdiness to be.  Of course, that's mostly because I don't often let my geek flag fly.  Very few people in my RL know that I went on that ST fan cruise (twice!), for instance. :p

Edited by phantagrae

Long-time Trek and SW fan here. Doctor Who as well, via showings on PBS, but unlike many here in the States, my interest didn't start with Tom Baker. No, my Doctor, like David Tennant, was Peter Davison's Fifth Doctor. I have seen many of Baker's episodes, but honestly, I didn't see what the big deal was (other than the length of time he was in the role). Blasphemy, I know. :) Sent from my Asus Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by MJPollard