What Kind Of Nerd Are You?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a mix of the TBBT character´s characteristics: + I have my spot in the living room and when I have guest in the house and I am forced to give my spot to someone then I become crazy (even I am

I guess a lot of posters have seen that I'm kinda, sorta into numbers and statistics(Nate Silver is one of my heroes).   I also really like, and somewhat understand Relativity and Quantum Mechanics.  

Camouflage, for infiltration. Really, if you are medically retired, you can dress any way you want. Along with letting your hair and beard grow. Having a bike doesn't hurt either. But hell, Dr.

Posted Images

I am not a nerd at all.  I do excel in school.  Maybe a little OCD.  But the "Typical" Nerd interests no.  I just love the show.  As i got more into the show and wanted to find out more about the actors that play these characters I guess I too became a TBBT theory nerd.  I do admire the actors.  They seem to be a unique group with many admirable qualities, which may or may not be unique to actors as a whole.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I grew up with a bunch of science fiction around me. My mom is a huge fan of Star Trek and my dad has been a die-hard Doctor Who fan since the early 1970's. I started watching both shows a couple of years ago, and they are two of my other obsessions, besides TBBT :) I watched a lot of Anime series when I was in high school, and I still watch a few. Lately, I've been getting into Firefly and The X-Files.

I also did really well in school (I only struggled when I was in and out for a medical condition and I would miss stuff). I began reading at age 3, and have always loved reading and writing anything I can. I've worn glasses since I was 5 years old (although I don't think that everybody wears glasses is automatically a nerd) I have a lot of trouble around people and making friends is one of the hardest things in the world for me.

I love doing research for fun. I really like looking up medical articles. I've spent time researching different blood types, and different types of vision and hearing disorders. I also read about different muscle disorders and functions too. Two of my favorite classes in school were health and biology. I've always just found the human body interesting, which may sound weird, sorry :/

One of my other huge obsessions is cars. More specifically, 1960's-1990's Chrysler and General Motors vehicles. My dream is to restore a Pontiac Trans Am or a Plymouth Sport Fury someday. I'm working on building a 1971 Chevy Camaro model car. My obession with cars is similar to Sheldon's obsession with trains (I actually really like trains too).

I collect any memorabilia from the 1970's, 1980's, or 1990's. I have a few catalogs I found from Radio Shack in the early 1990's and they are one of my favorite things. I really love watching old commercials on YouTube. It has been one of my favorite things to do for years.

Few people who know me think of me as a nerd. Most of the time other aspects of my life have to be first and foremost. I was a professional athlete, and for a long time I was devoted to training, racing, sponsorships, etc. But even then I was a total nerd about it!

I have always had a tendency to overanalyze things, to go deeply into things I cared about, to have little regard for what is popular. Now I practice medicine, which is of course a kind of scientist, and my work life is all about applying scientific principles to help my patients. I am always making little charts and algorithms based on the kind of cases I see. 

How I am like/unlike our BBT nerds:

I don't care about sic/fi. Also, no reverence for superheroes at all. Don't know why, but that same energy I have always poured into questions of sports, philosophy and politics. Even after watching all these years it is hard for me to get why they care so much about fantasy stuff when the real world is so much more interesting. 

I do get way esoteric about subjects I care about, like politics, the environment, and many other passions of mine, like foreign travel, mountain biking, mountaineering, playing guitar, writing songs, etc.

I am a practicing scientist who has strong opinions and is passionate about several issues related to science. These include but are not limited to medicine. So of course we can talk about antibiotic resistance and the emerging importance of intestinal flora to our health, but also things like climate change, evolution.

I did have an awkward teenage social life. Funny, sports made me popular but I always felt like I didn't deserve it.

Here's a thought: it seems to me that all the guys are nerds, and that Amy is a nerd. But based on what I have seen I don't know if I would call Bernadette a nerd. She is very well-adjusted, does her job with a smile on her face, and doesn't seem to have any esoteric interests. The only interest I can remember aside from micro and physics was ice dancing. So I don't think I would call her a nerd!

[snip]

Here's a thought: it seems to me that all the guys are nerds, and that Amy is a nerd. But based on what I have seen I don't know if I would call Bernadette a nerd. She is very well-adjusted, does her job with a smile on her face, and doesn't seem to have any esoteric interests. The only interest I can remember aside from micro and physics was ice dancing. So I don't think I would call her a nerd!

It appears that on TBBT if one has an career in science or engineering and are not into sport activities (thinking of Dave U.) your a nerd.

I am a Doctor Who nerd.  Growing up in Chicago, watching PBS on channel 11, WTTW, they used to air the DW in serial form during the afternoon, at 3 pm.  So I watched every day, and followed the episodes in real time.

Jon Pertwee was my original Doctor, but Tom Baker was my fav from the original ones.  He was just such a goofball.

I have such great memories of DW growing up.  It was funny, because they got so many complaints about DW scaring the kids, that they eventually moved it from every day at 3 pm in serial form, to having an entire episode cut together of the serials airing on Sunday at 10pm or 1030pm.  And I was so young , that my parents wouldn't allow me to stay up to watch.  So I remember getting a little 7in bw tv that I hid in the bed with me and watched without them knowing.  

Then, when we finally got the VCR, well, then I was in heaven.  I could record it on TAPE... DVR???

Anyway, my wife likes the new DW's, but she has no idea how hokey the old ones, and she love the new ones, so I give her grief because she thinks DW began with the new ones, and there is so much history that came from the old shows.

Anyway, to answer the question,

Doctor Who nerd...

If there is a King of Nerds, Queen of Nerds,  then I would put myself as the Jack of Nerds. I mean a nerd for many platforms. Not many nerds work out, not many nerds play sports. I wourkout based on the DragonBall series (one thousand push ups!? WHAT!?), I play basketball learning from the Anime SLAMDUNK (from Sakuragi, Ryota and the gang) and using math to make good passes. I played pokemon and Magic cards to practice strategies to excel myself at work. Played a lot of Final Fantasy 7, YES only 1 FF series, played disc 1 about 8 times, before I moved on to disc two. Mario and Cloud were my friends when I was a kid. And not many nerds would post in this forum drunk. LOL =)

The Big Bang Theory is full of nerds. Is there a part of you that's a nerd too? Everyone share your nerdy side! Anything goes, even if it's the same of someone elses or even if it's not that nerdy. It's just for fun.

For me, I'm simply a paranormal and cryptozoology nerd :-p. I've found this stuff fascinating for as long as I can remember. You'd laugh at the amount of TV shows I DVR related to these subjects. LOL.

Monique

Well lets see here, I like studying insects, parasites, animals. I like watching Science fiction, horror movies. I like reading fan-fiction and anime, learning about Japanese culture, Drawing, creative writing poetry and short stories/novels, Psychology and psychiatric medicine, Biology, learning about the weather, Fantasy like harry potter, lord of the rings, various card games I collected over the year such as Pokemon, yugioh, Duel-masters, I like Criminology, Mythology of all sorts, Greek, folklore, Urben legends. monster supposedly caught on film(Though incredibly skeptical), Paranormal activity and stories, Video-games(not terribly great at them though), comic books and superheros, I own a website I built, Also insanely obsessed with Adventure time and I love Big bang, and since childhood made a point to never drink, smoke or do drugs because they are bad for you. Does this qualify me as a Nerd? 

Edited by SheldonCooperFan

Oh I consider myself a pretty big nerd too x) in a few diferent kinds of fields.

First of all I'm a big fan of Anime, manga and cartoons since I can remember, I've watched and read countless shows and I'm always looking for more to watch. And usually cosplay as characters I like for any anime or comic convention (I love to assist to them) I also play videogames like crazy and I'm specially a sucker for any nintendo stuff (Pokemon, Mario, Zelda...<333) I'm a big fan of Science Fiction; shows and movies. And I have a soft spot for drawing and ilustrating (I used to draw fancomics a few years ago :'D) I love old music too and I'm a huge Beatles geek. And to top it I have my room filled with tons and tons of pokemon plushies xD

And in the other side I've always been the nerdy girl at school, always awkward and shy, getting good grades, not having so many friends...Right now I'm a medical student and I LOVE medical microbiology (those small creatures are as evil as adorable <3) right now I'm working as the assistant of a microbiology professor at my university. geeky geeky geeky