The Big Bang Theory Forums

Jim, along with the creators and writers, is the ultimate expert on the question. I saw an interview they did at Comic-con 2011 (I think it was) and he said no, Sheldon doesn't have a condition, "He's just Sheldon." I think we can suspend our disbelief on it and just go along.

I saw that video and he did not say "no". Jim started sweating and couldn't answer. It's a delicate topic which they wanted to avoid. No matter what is or isn't said that question will keep coming up.

Edited by Moonbase
  • Like 1

I agree with spook that people these days are too obsessed with diagnoses. If you have a diagnosis you tend to be boxed by certain people and treated a certain way. What we have to remember here is that Autisim has a spectrum of behaviours and each person is an individual case. If the writers boxed Sheldon as Autistic then his behaviours would not be funny any more, they would be expected and what could be worse for the show then to take away the crazy behaviour of Sheldon.

• Like 1

I agree with spook that people these days are too obsessed with diagnoses. If you have a diagnosis you tend to be boxed by certain people and treated a certain way. What we have to remember here is that Autisim has a spectrum of behaviours and each person is an individual case. If the writers boxed Sheldon as Autistic then his behaviours would not be funny any more, they would be expected and what could be worse for the show then to take away the crazy behaviour of Sheldon.
Yes everyone agrees with this.