The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bigbangsheldon

What Character Is Hardest To Write?

No idea but from the show itself, I have a feeling it might be Raj. Amy gets a lot of hard stuff to act but I think writing the quirky characters might be easier because you know they will react to things in a certain way.

Amy is very hard... I have only been able to give her very few lines in the fix I'm working on because its so hard lol

Ive been wanting to try Beverly out too and I can't find a way to start her either

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl

To me, Sheldon. I am writing a fic, but I'm having dificulties with his dialog.

• Like 1

Amy. I think it's so easy to fall out of character when writing her because the Amy-has-needs storyline is done to death in fanfic and in most of those stories she is written like she could be any anonymous normal girl, I sometimes forget it's her. There are very few things I've read where I felt she is in character. 

• Like 1

What I find hard is the humor.

In the pieces I'm working on right now I keep getting all serious.  I think I've got a handle on the characters, but I keep wanting to make Sheldon cry... :p  (Sheldon!Torture...)

I'm working on a "missing scene" piece for The Electric Can Opener ep, my idea of what might have happened when Sheldon fled home to Galveston, and I'm also working on my stuck-in-an-elevator story.

I've kind of begun to explore the idea of Sheldon having a real case of appendicitis, but that one's going astray for me as well.  I really don't know enough about medical procedures to feel confident in what I'm writing anyway, so I may just forgo this one.

A sober Raj in a scene with a Girl is impossible to write :p

Edited by vasu
  • Like 1

Sheldon and Amy. Which makes it very difficult for me to even try and read Shamy fics. I'm a bit of a wench when it comes to fan-fics: I'll read anything once but I am a stickler for "in-characterization". If it is "off" even a little bit it pulls me out of the story and makes it really impossible to enjoy.

And off the top of my head I know of only one mate of mine who could write Sheldon really well but she is not a fan so...

EDITED: Grammar.

Edited by The God Particle

Sheldon, for sure. His brain is so complex. He's almost hyper human in that he can think of many things at once and then there are all his routines, schedules, rules and fears to contend with. Oh good grief. I am exhausted just thinking about it.

Misophonia

I really think it is Penny, because almost everyone changes Penny in their stories.  I think it is very hard to write her, in character.  Everyone wants her to love Leonard more and the Shennies want her to love Sheldon.

• Like 1

What I find hard is the humor.

In the pieces I'm working on right now I keep getting all serious. I think I've got a handle on the characters, but I keep wanting to make Sheldon cry... :p (Sheldon!Torture...)

I'm working on a "missing scene" piece for The Electric Can Opener ep, my idea of what might have happened when Sheldon fled home to Galveston, and I'm also working on my stuck-in-an-elevator story.

I've kind of begun to explore the idea of Sheldon having a real case of appendicitis, but that one's going astray for me as well. I really don't know enough about medical procedures to feel confident in what I'm writing anyway, so I may just forgo this one.

you are torturing Sheldon? That's interesting. Lol Point me to it, now seasons over I'm catching up. Edited by Nogravitasatall

you are torturing Sheldon? That's interesting. Lol Point me to it, now seasons over I'm catching up.

It's not really "torture", if that's what you're looking for...  He's not chained up and poked with pointy objects. :p

I've only posted 2 stories so far (on my site, linked in my sig) and I'm still slowly working on my other stories.

It's not really "torture", if that's what you're looking for...  He's not chained up and poked with pointy objects. :p

I've only posted 2 stories so far (on my site, linked in my sig) and I'm still slowly working on my other stories.

I suppose it depends how pointy. As long as the safe word is "bazinga". :)

But I'll get there. I have time now.

Sheldon, because of the science and his flawless geek references.

I have just started writing ff and I have had to research and work on Sheldon's lines over and over again. To get the science accurate and the way he reasons. It's very easy to go OOC with him. Especially if there's anything romantic in the story. As soon as he gets sentimental, he drops right out of character. This is also why I can't read many other writers fic's because they rarely get him right.

I find Amy, Howard and Raj the easiest because they add light relief. They just need to be funny.

Edited by Spaced_up

I think it is challenging to keep Sheldon and Amy in character the most.  It is easiest to write for Penny (and Leonard) and Raj.   It is also not too difficult to write for Bernadette.   But Sheldon and Amy are most difficult.  Howard can be a little challenging at times, but he is definitely easier to write than Sheldon and Amy and keep consistent with the show.

• Like 1

I find Amy the hardest, and Howard the easiest.

Sheldon is not that hard, I just have to look up a few things in the dictionary from time to time with him.

Leonard and Penny are a breeze as well, and Raj isn't that hard either. But I have a peculiar understanding of Howard, who is a very definitively drawn character, and very consistent, and Simon's voice is very distinctive, so when Howard talks in my head, oh, lord, I can HEAR HIM CLEARLY HI HOWARD.

My inner Howard is a lot of fun.

Amy would have been easier in the beginning, but she's the one I find that's "evolved" and been jerked around (and used to be the butt of jokes which yank her character around too much) so I have a hard time pining her down. I *think* have got her, but I keep her way dialed down, blunt, honest and awkward in comparison to some who have taken her in a way too normalized direction for me. (But why not? The show did it. So.)