The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

Episode 2.17 (March 9th)

CBS has announced Episode 2.17, "The Terminator Decoupling", which will air March 9th. Summer Glau ("Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles") guest stars. With a special cameo appearance by renowned astrophysicist Dr. George Smoot, whose work helped cement the big bang theory.

"The Terminator Decoupling" - A train trip to San Francisco takes a major detour when Leonard (Johnny Galecki), Sheldon (Jim Parsons), Wolowitz (Simon Helberg) and Raj (Kunal Nayyar) discover that beautiful sci-fi actress Summer Glau ("Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles") is onboard, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Monday, March 9 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. The episode also features a cameo by Nobel Laureate Dr. George Smoot.

Summer Glau is well known to television audiences for her roles in "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" and "Firefly." A sci-fi favorite, Glau is a two-time Saturn Award winner and a Teen Choice Award nominee.

Dr. George Smoot, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physics, as well as the Einstein Medal, is one of the world's most renowned astrophysicists. His research helped cement the big bang theory of the universe.

More information in our Episode Guide.

want to know about the season 3~~~

It hasn't been renewed yet, but it almost certainly will be.

will next week's show be the season finale?

last season ended in episode 17 because of the writers strike o/

...rigth? o.o

will next week's show be the season finale?

last season ended in episode 17 because of the writers strike o/

...rigth? o.o

Yes, 17 is not a normal count. 24 episodes have been ordered for this season.

To me this is the worst episode of BBT I've seen yet.

when I heard about this episode, I was thrilled. The nerds on a train, and Summer Glau with them. What could go wrong???

-Beginning of the show worked great, with Sheldon grinning 'we're taking the train!'

But the train trip itself was very disappointing and not funny at all. Nothing especially hilarious happened, and jokes were flat. And the flash drive with penny, just pointless.

all the great jokes they could have come up with for terminators and trains and such, and they managed not single one. Hmmm, maybe the writers were on strike, and some coffeeboy wrote this stuff up...

I don't think it's the best of the series, but in my opinion it's far, far from the worst. I would give that dubious honor to Einstein Approximation or Griffin Equivelency or (shudder) Bozeman Reaction. However, that's just me, and honestly, even those three are fun to watch and have their hilarious moments.

I really enjoyed Sheldon trying to talk Penny through getting his flash drive. I would have been disappointed if they overplayed the terminator/train jokes any more than they did. And I always get a kick out of the way Raj seems to have a way with women, despite his problem (remember way back in season one when he of all the guys seemed to have a shot with Sheldon's sister!).

Steve

The Wiki

I don't think it's the best of the series, but in my opinion it's far, far from the worst. I would give that dubious honor to Einstein Approximation or Griffin Equivelency or (shudder)

Steve

The Wiki

I love the Griffin equivalency: all of it, apart from the very drunk raj, work for me. Best is the forced smile on sheldon, it has me in stitches!:icon_cheesygrin:

-of the others you mentioned, I do not think I have seen them. they must be season three...

Yeah, those are season three. Another bad one is Euclid Alternative, which is season two. But again, even those episodes that I consider to be clunkers have delightful and hilarious moments, and I enjoy watching them. And part of the fun of being a fan is being able to discuss various points of view about episodes and analyzing what works well and what doesn't, all in the context of loving the show.

Steve

The Wiki

Very true, steve!

Oh, I just went trough the very handy episode quides on this website, and found one episode that is lot worse than this one:

Loobenfield decay. arrrgh. it had the fake junkie cousin of leonard. and that dude made kripky look like fun.

-reason I had forgotten it, is that it is the only episode I have watched only twice. I just cannot bear watching it any more.

Yeah, that one's definitely not great. But even in an episode like that, there are wonderful, hilarious moments. The entire opening scene, for example, is excellent. ("What was that?" "Believe it or not, personal growth!"). That episode also was the first time Sheldon did the knock thing (although he knocked four times, not three). In fact, the episode is really quite good until Sheldon't fake cousin Leopold appears. Then it all falls apart.

Steve

The Wiki

Yeah, that one's definitely not great. But even in an episode like that, there are wonderful, hilarious moments. The entire opening scene, for example, is excellent. ("What was that?" "Believe it or not, personal growth!"). That episode also was the first time Sheldon did the knock thing (although he knocked four times, not three). In fact, the episode is really quite good until Sheldon't fake cousin Leopold appears. Then it all falls apart.

Steve

The Wiki

Yeah. By the way, do you think Sheldon copied the three knocks from Tesla. -Tesla was well known for being obsessed with number three...

Just watched The Terminator Decoupling again for the first time in a little while. I don't get how some don't care for it. It's brilliant. One of my favorite episodes of the entire series.

Sheldon will happily travel on a train without seat belts, but not on a bus (which travels far slower than a train) without seat belts?

On 2/9/2018 at 3:32 PM, Stephen Hawking said:

Sheldon will happily travel on a train without seat belts, but not on a bus (which travels far slower than a train) without seat belts?

He has a passion for trains, not so much for buses.