The Big Bang Theory Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tripper

6.13 The Bakersfield Expedition (Jan. 10)

Your Episode Rating  

83 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• Excellent
    • Very Good
    • Good
    • Okay
    • Bad
    • Very Bad

Howard: Not sure at all on who he is from "Star Trek: The Next Generation"
Howard is a Borg a race of beings first introduced in the next generation series. Borgs aren't good beings.
  • Like 1

Howard as the Borg is awesome.

The Borg want to assimalate and they always said

"resistance is futile".

Sheldon as Data made my uterus quiver. I

I LOVED Data as a kid. He was my favorite and seeing Sheldon dressed as Data. (Drool)

I cannot wait to see this ep.

Awesome!!'n

Edited by Shamyfan
  • Like 1

Yeah I`m also a huge Data fan! OMG he´s the best! And Cpt Picard is my favourite captain and I loved the borg! Yeah! And Worf was my favourite klingon! They all look great in their costumes!

Damn its so hard to wait until next thursday! I think this episode is going to be a great one (I`m hoping!)

Edited by BlackWhiteRose

I'm so excited for this one. Even more excited than the shamy spanking. That really excited because I'm a HUGE shamy fan

Howard is a Borg a race of beings first introduced in the next generation series. Borgs aren't good beings.

Thank you for informing me about what Howard is in this episode Carl1970

Damn its so hard to wait until next thursday! I think this episode is going to be a great one (I`m hoping!)

I know only just 4 days away and it will go by very fast (I hope) and we will see the episode.

Great promo here BlackWhiteRose, and kuddos on the great makeup on the guys as well and I wonder how long it took them to apply the makeup on them as well. And it is indeed enough the get the juices flowing for the episode as well.

And from the promo we can see who is cosplaying as who

Sheldon: Data

Leonard: Jean Luc Piccard

Raj: Worf

Howard: Not sure at all on who he cosplaying as from "Star Trek: The Next Generation"

I am surprised Sheldon would dress up as Data, aren't him and Brett Spiner enemies now?

A promo for the episode:

Kudos for the great make up (I mean the make up from the guys)! WOW!

My Comic Book store is filled with women, I think they even run it, and they are some cool looking girls too.  Oh and Sheldon is looking a bit like Nick Cave in the first Gif in the longshot when he's dancing.  You should look up Nick Cave if you don't know who he is, he's pretty cool.

Edited by Josie

I love it when the boys do a cosplay.. and to quote the comment on the Episode gist which summarizes my overall feeling about this: "the show's going back to it's nerdy roots" ... yay! 

Looks really cool. :D Can't wait to see it.  I cant decide if I'm more excited to see guys dressed up headed to star trek convention or to see girls hanging out in comic book store with all those lonely nerds around them lol.  Also, Glad I at least guessed Leonard would be Capt. Picard and it does make sense that Sheldon is Data.  

But I was little bummed at end of promo because I am SO not a Two and Half Men fan ICK! why do they get a musical episode first so not fair? :(   I wanted TBBT to have one instead, I know musical episodes are cheesy as all hell, but IDC...I just love it whenever Sheldon sings and Howard, Raj, Amy all have nice pleasant voices even Penny is okay though sometimes not and Leonard is awful voice, but in a funny cute way and most of them already know how to play musical instruments, pianos, harps, bongos, the cello.  We need a Karoke episode for TBBT where all go to a bar and sing or Mary comes to town again and forces them all to be in a musical Easter themed play at church which would drive Sheldon bonkers lol

Edited by Superlovelexi
  • Like 1

The only disappointment I can see for me is that Leonard is Picard instead of Kirk, especially since he made so many references about being like Kirk in the last episode and he is the right age. But that is only a very minor disappointment.

The only disappointment I can see for me is that Leonard is Picard instead of Kirk, especially since he made so many references about being like Kirk in the last episode and he is the right age. But that is only a very minor disappointment.
Undoubtedly it's because they have a "Next Generation" thing going on, and having Leonard as Kirk would go against that (as I'm sure Sheldon would pontificate on extensively). Picard, Data, Worf, and a Borg all fit together; Kirk would not. (And I think it's inspired that Howard is a Borg, being the engineer of the group and the one who constantly builds high tech stuff.) Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Guest I'm not dead Cheryl
Undoubtedly it's because they have a "Next Generation" thing going on, and having Leonard as Kirk would go against that (as I'm sure Sheldon would pontificate on extensively). Picard, Data, Worf, and a Borg all fit together; Kirk would not. (And I think it's inspired that Howard is a Borg, being the engineer of the group and the one who constantly builds high tech stuff.) Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

also, as Leonard himself said on The Staircase Implementation: "Original Series over Next Generation but Picard over Kirk"

• Like 2

That's a repeat too. No new ep till sweeps 1/31.

wow that's depressing... excuse me while i go cry in the corner for a while

• Like 1

The promo makes it look like a fun episode.

I hope TBBT theory never does a musical. I'm so sick and tired of the idea that every show has to devote one of their episodes as a musical. It's a trend that needs to go away.

• Like 2

I just saw the preview.  It is freaky how much they look like the ST:TNG characters!

I know, it looks like from here on it's going to be 2 new eps per month. I don't know how I'll cope. 

Hey, maybe Oz will catch up. That's some good news for you. I won't whine so much, maybe. Glass half full again. :)

I know, it looks like from here on it's going to be 2 new eps per month. I don't know how I'll cope. 

Okay the first question is why??? 

second is does that mean they'll be like every other week or something?  I mean that makes no sense... whats the point

• Like 1

The next new episode will be 6.14 on 1/31, which happens to be the start of the February sweeps. My guess is that they will air new episodes through the end of sweeps (Wed 2/27, so the last sweeps episode would be 6.17 on 2/21). That would leave 7 episodes for the rest of the season (approximately 2 per month). I'd assume that they will save at least 3 for the May sweeps/end of season. In other words, March and April will be tough for us. :(

OMG!  I love the preview!!  This is going to be so good.  Get a load of Sheldon's eyes through the whole thing, lol.